Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Proper Promotion?! Duh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Promotion?! Duh?  (Read 45048 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »

I think they should've at least played Chinese Democracy in the set, after all, this is the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' ain't it? yes

It's not.

/jarmo

Isn't it?

It's printed "Chinese Democracy World Tour" on my two tickets for their Sydney shows.

If it's not in Mexico, I apologixe and retract my statements. But I thought this whole tour was called the "Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
RIFF-RAFF
Headliner

I'm a special drunkard... I drink too much

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 11:15:35 PM »

I dont like "The General", to much bass...
the rest of the setlist is OK... but where is dont cry, and the pitman solo?

wait a minute!!
you heard "the General"?

"I was annoyed that Bon wasn't given the respect due when he was alive."

Brian Johnson

LESBIANS!
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 11:17:27 PM »

Look the fact is until the new record comes out most people are gonna consider this just the Axl Rose Band play Guns N Roses songs. I mean Robert Plant played lots of Zep tunes on his tours, but nobody confused his new band of being Led Zeppelin, so why should fans think of this as really Gun & Roses when they've just been playing the old hits without a new album?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 11:19:03 PM »

There's a reason we ask people to read the board for a while before they post.  You're it.

I suggest you go here, and have a good natter.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=13.0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »

Isn't it?

It's printed "Chinese Democracy World Tour" on my two tickets for their Sydney shows.

If it's not in Mexico, I apologixe and retract my statements. But I thought this whole tour was called the "Chinese Democracy World Tour"

As far as I know, the poster sold at the shows doesn't say that (or the t-shirts).

GN'R doesn't print the tickets...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »

One thing I've never understood is the tours advertising strategy. ?Some posters say Chinese Democracy and some don't. ?It's like they don't want people to know, but then again Axl complains about proper promotion? ?It just doesn't make sense to me!??! ?But then again what about Axl and GN'R does make sense??!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 11:22:08 PM »

I haven't heard the band say that this is the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Those are just assumptions from people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »

There's a reason we ask people to read the board for a while before they post.? You're it.

I suggest you go here, and have a good natter.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=13.0

I'm aware of that, but my comments were directed at the promotion of the tour & band.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 11:24:36 PM »

Your comments have been said a thousand times before, and they are very, very boring.

End of.
waxlrick
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 11:24:46 PM »

I think they should've at least played Chinese Democracy in the set, after all, this is the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' ain't it? yes

It's not.

/jarmo

Isn't it?

Your right metallex. It has been promoted in Australia as the Chinese Democracy World tour through Ticketek, Television, radio and on the tickets. No one has yet confirmed it as anything different in Mexico. Maybe it was just listed as World Tour in Mexico. Someone please advise?? And if so, that was a fair set list.

However if it was promoted as the Chinese Democracy World Tour, then I would be annoyed that I only heard 3 songs played and especially not the title song. Thats why I made my original comment about this. But some people like to argue and insult others (when they dont argree or support) because they often don't have a valid point to make. I hope GNR play more new songs when they come to Oz!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 11:25:24 PM »

I assumed the Mexican shows were the same, which is my mistake, because the Australian shows have clearly been advertised as "Chinese Democracy World Tour" regardless of if the band has said so or not.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »

^^ It seems that the Australian promoter is using the phrase in their promotion.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 11:31:50 PM »

Your comments have been said a thousand times before, and they are very, very boring.

End of.

My comments are more meaningful than ever. The longer this drags on without a new album ?the more this issue is gonna be continued to be raised.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 11:32:17 PM »

^^ It seems that the Australian promoter is using the phrase in their promotion.

Surely the band would have say in what the Australian promoter uses to promote their tour.

Oh, and Jarmo, I know the band doesn't print the tickets themselves, but their advertising has all clearly said "Chinese Democracy World Tour". Should I dismiss that too?

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 11:34:37 PM »

My comments are more meaningful than ever. The longer this drags on without a new album  the more this issue is gonna be continued to be raised.

I've been hinting at you to drop it, you're moving into minus karma territory.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 11:47:58 PM »

Surely the band would have say in what the Australian promoter uses to promote their tour.

Oh, and Jarmo, I know the band doesn't print the tickets themselves, but their advertising has all clearly said "Chinese Democracy World Tour". Should I dismiss that too?

Well, if you say it's the promoter, then it's pretty clear that the band themselves aren't the ones hyping it as the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »

I wonder when the shows after the japanese dates are going to be confirmed, and WHAT countries are next.

GNR toured USA in 2002 and 2006. Toured Europe in 2002 and 2006. 2007 starts with Mexico, Australia and Japan.

What is next? My common sense tells me Southamerica, but who knows. I also wonder if there is gonna be a break after the japanese dates. If not, the new dates must be announced really soon.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007, 12:03:39 AM »

Well, if you say it's the promoter, then it's pretty clear that the band themselves aren't the ones hyping it as the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

/jarmo

That is strange logic.

There's ads promoting the tour saying "Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour in Australia 2007", but I shouldn't accept it because the band didn't say it? What about everyone that has bought tickets from seeing the ad, should they also not accept it as the CD World tour even though it has been advertised as such?

I stand behind this band and I'm really looking forward to the shows and all, but all this is pretty bizarre.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »

maybe it is strange, but its not your normal everyday band.  Its Guns N' Fuckin Roses and Axl has always and will always do things the way he intends to do them and not give a shit about what people think.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2007, 12:10:43 AM »

Well, if it was GN'R's decision, how come the Mexican and Japanese shows aren't advertised as the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

Wouldn't it make sense to use the same name for all shows?

How come it's only the Australian ones (which are promoted by the same company)?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: