Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Proper Promotion?! Duh?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Promotion?! Duh?  (Read 45046 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 12:21:15 AM »

Well, if it was GN'R's decision, how come the Mexican and Japanese shows aren't advertised as the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

Wouldn't it make sense to use the same name for all shows?

How come it's only the Australian ones (which are promoted by the same company)?

/jarmo

Who the fuck knows really... Huh hihi

But I doubt everyone who bought tickets to the "CD World Tour" in Australia are following what Mexico and Japan are being advertised as to compare.

I might contact the promoter in Australia to find out what we're really gonna be getting when the band hits our shores in a few weeks.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
waxlrick
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007, 12:25:38 AM »

Well, if it was GN'R's decision, how come the Mexican and Japanese shows aren't advertised as the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

How come it's only the Australian ones (which are promoted by the same company)?

/jarmo

Which comes back to my original comment "I hope that don't plan to bring that set list Down Under". Because it is The Chinese Democracy World Tour as promoted in Australia.. Thats the fact. Don't argue what its called or who made up the name. We live here and we know how the promotion has been sold.

So I hope they play more than 2-3 CD songs.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 12:29:13 AM »

/jarmo

Which comes back to my original comment "I hope that don't plan to bring that set list Down Under". Because it is The Chinese Democracy World Tour as promoted in Australia.. Thats the fact. Don't argue what its called or who made up the name. We live here and we know how the promotion has been sold.

So I hope they play more than 2-3 CD songs.

The band isn't doing the promotion either.

I suspect they'll play the same kind of show the rest of the world saw in 2006. More or less.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »

Complaining about a setlist in those places is like if a movie gets released after some time in your place but since you already saw it on a shitty cam version on internet, you want to watch a movie with new scenes.

I mean, get some time and make a pool outside the arena. Ask how much are there for GNR for the first time and how much complain about the setlist after the show.

Of course I would love to get more new songs (even old UYI songs) on setlist, but as I never saw this band live, I would have a blast anyways with the same old setlist for sure. As a lot of people who never saw them here in my country.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 01:18:54 AM »

Complaining about a setlist in those places is like if a movie gets released after some time in your place but since you already saw it on a shitty cam version on internet, you want to watch a movie with new scenes.

I mean, get some time and make a pool outside the arena. Ask how much are there for GNR for the first time and how much complain about the setlist after the show.

Of course I would love to get more new songs (even old UYI songs) on setlist, but as I never saw this band live, I would have a blast anyways with the same old setlist for sure. As a lot of people who never saw them here in my country.

My only hope is that they at least include CD in the setlist seeing as Australia is being promoted as the "CD World tour". I have no other complaints about the set seeing as I haven't seen this band live ever. I have no doubt the shows will kick ass regardless.

Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2007, 01:21:13 AM »

"...my distorted smile.........good...fuckin...night!!!"? ? rofl

LOL!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 05:25:38 PM »

/jarmo

Well considering this is from the bands own site.

"The 2007 Chinese Democracy Tour got off to a blistering start with two sold-out concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico."

I would say the are promoting it as the CD tour.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »

I said this in the other thread and I'll say it again.  Cheesy

Whether you're on the way to china, in china or on your return trip from china, all the same you're on a Chinese tour.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007, 05:40:49 PM »

I said this in the other thread and I'll say it again.  Cheesy

Whether you're on the way to china, in china or on your return trip from china, all the same you're on a Chinese tour.

Converse with any plankton lately? Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2007, 05:53:59 PM »

Do planktons speak english these days or you are the plankton?  Cheesy
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »

Do planktons speak english these days or you are the plankton?  Cheesy

Some speak English now , but most still speak platinizing ok.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007, 07:25:19 PM »

/jarmo

"The 2007 Chinese Democracy Tour got off to a blistering start with two sold-out concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico."

hahahaha

What's your response to that Jarmo?

You'll probably say the band aren't responsible for what's written on the website either...

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2007, 08:04:42 PM »

I think they should've at least played Chinese Democracy in the set, after all, this is the 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' ain't it? yes

It's not.

/jarmo

Quote from: www.gunsnroses.com
The 2007 Chinese Democracy Tour got off to a blistering start with two sold-out concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico and one more in Mexico City before heading Down Under.

Roll Eyes

I dont like "The General", to much bass...
the rest of the setlist is OK... but where is dont cry, and the pitman solo?

wait a minute!!
you heard "the General"?

of course I did.
A fairy gave it to me after I returned her the magic beans she lost
(I think she was Portuguese, since I gave her the regular beans  hihi )

edit; whoppy... I became a legend  Tongue
1500 posts, and 5 years here... still no album...  nervous
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:07:19 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »

Ok fuck it.? I am wrong.? Axl you piece of shit how dare you play the songs that people already know.? I hate singing along to sweet child of mine.? Your setlist should have been.? 1 Chinese democracy 2 Silkworms 3 Rhiad 4 Maddy 5 The Blues 6 Prostitute 7 Sorry 8 The Blues 9 The General 10 Twat 11 Better 12 Irs.? Encore My World.? Now that would have torn the lid off the place.?

If they had played 12 songs only there would have been a riot.  Wink
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2007, 09:40:19 PM »

Whats worse having a show canceled or shortened?

Dont eat cheese after midnight
waxlrick
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »

/jarmo

hahahaha

You'll probably say the band aren't responsible for what's written on the website either...

Ha don't expect a public apology from anyone who made an ass of themselves putting shit on us without knowing the facts. They will all crawl bag into their holes again.
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2007, 09:57:16 PM »

/jarmo

hahahaha

Ha don't expect a public apology from anyone who made an ass of themselves putting shit on us without knowing the facts. They will all crawl bag into their holes again.

Your stupid

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

/jarmo

hahahaha

I don't expect anything really, but Jarmo sure was adamant that it wasn't the "Chinese Democracy World tour" and the band's website says it pretty clearly.

nyd
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »

Does it really matter what the tour is promoted as? If you dont like the setlist dont go. If you dont like it being called "Chinese Democracy World Tour" dont go. If you don't like the way Jarmo runs this place dont come back...

There seems to be a lot of negative energy amongst GNR fans lately... who are we blaming this week? Axl? Beta? Del? Jarmo? Hoarders? Leakers?
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »

This has been really emotional and exhausting for lots of people on the board.  Its like a real life soap opera.  It is really compelling to be on this board. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: