Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Proper Promotion?! Duh?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Proper Promotion?! Duh?  (Read 45044 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2007, 10:29:34 PM »

Does it really matter what the tour is promoted as? If you dont like the setlist dont go. If you dont like it being called "Chinese Democracy World Tour" dont go. If you don't like the way Jarmo runs this place dont come back...

There seems to be a lot of negative energy amongst GNR fans lately... who are we blaming this week? Axl? Beta? Del? Jarmo? Hoarders? Leakers?

I have no problem with it being called the Chinese Democracy World tour, but that was my point - I just figured Mexico would've at least got to hear CD in the set with it being so. But otherwise I couldn't give two shits really.

Just because I'm questioning or suggesting something doesn't mean I'm being negative. I'm sure the show kicked all sorts of ass regardless.

Just chill dude.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
axe
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »

They sure didn't play Get In The Ring very often during the Get In The Ring Motherfucker Tour.
waxlrick
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:02 PM »

They sure didn't play Get In The Ring very often during the Get In The Ring Motherfucker Tour.

I would say that is because it (Get In The Ring) is a crap song. Chinese Democracy though kicks ass. Why wouldn't they play that? I am sure they will have it back on the set list soon.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 02:26:26 AM »

Does it really matter what the tour is promoted as? If you dont like the setlist dont go. If you dont like it being called "Chinese Democracy World Tour" dont go. If you don't like the way Jarmo runs this place dont come back...

There seems to be a lot of negative energy amongst GNR fans lately... who are we blaming this week? Axl? Beta? Del? Jarmo? Hoarders? Leakers?
agreed.  I am going to see any shows in my area regardless of the name of the tour, or what songs they choose to play for the set.   I don't get why people think they are entitled to make demands.    Some people just need to be constantly negative, I guess its gratifying on some level for these people to know they are irritating the true GnR fans.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 02:37:19 AM »

Why be so anal with the song Chinese Democracy? It wasn't played in every single show last year and nobody complained that much because of this.

Also, the tour is named like that because of the album, not just one song. As far as we know (which is pretty much nothing), the song could not make the cut in the tracklist, btw.

IMO this is more likely a made up reason to complain in another way about the setlist.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 02:58:06 AM »

Well, if it was GN'R's decision, how come the Mexican and Japanese shows aren't advertised as the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

Wouldn't it make sense to use the same name for all shows?

How come it's only the Australian ones (which are promoted by the same company)?

/jarmo

Well considering this is from the bands own site.

"The 2007 Chinese Democracy Tour got off to a blistering start with two sold-out concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico."

I would say the are promoting it as the CD tour.

hahahaha

What's your response to that Jarmo?

You'll probably say the band aren't responsible for what's written on the website either...

Ha don't expect a public apology from anyone who made an ass of themselves putting shit on us without knowing the facts. They will all crawl bag into their holes again.

We don't appreciate this kind of behaviour here. If you can't wait for an answer, then it's your problem. Consider this your 2nd warning.

And stop the name calling. You both got a neg karma for it.

waxlrick
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 04:48:11 AM »

Well, if it was GN'R's decision, how come the Mexican and Japanese shows aren't advertised as the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

How come it's only the Australian ones (which are promoted by the same company)?

/jarmo

"The 2007 Chinese Democracy Tour got off to a blistering start with two sold-out concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico."

hahahaha

You'll probably say the band aren't responsible for what's written on the website either...

Ha don't expect a public apology from anyone who made an ass of themselves putting shit on us without knowing the facts. They will all crawl bag into their holes again.

We don't appreciate this kind of behaviour here. If you can't wait for an answer, then it's your problem. Consider this your 2nd warning.

You guys are frickin hilarious!

Did you warn the guy that called me stupid before i posted this not to name call?? Probably not because he's on your side. What about any of the others. If not do so if they are the rules that you police.

Metalix78 and I simply said that we expect more CD songs to be played because this is the CD Tour to which many here took offence and put hostile shit on us. We have since been proven right about the name of the tour. Straight from the Guns N roses Official website. Yet noboby who flamed us for it us had the balls to put their hands up and say"sorry, I was wrong". Which clearly demonstrates their lack of integrity. They just keep on "dont go to the concert then", "sell you tickets then" name calling "Whiners" e.t.c (any warnings for them? When infact they are the ones doing the whinging.

We have been polite and controlled in our responses for the most part of this. Yet there are characters here that have accussed us of constantly whinning about the set list, not being"TRUE GNR Fans" whatever the fuck that means. For the record this is the only band that I own every album of, have as many bootlegs as I can get and basically have been jumping on the net every week since before the days of the GNRONLINE forum was born to find out when I can buy their next fucking album. So you can all hold back on the piss weak line "your not a true guns n roses fan" which is lame.

Now if I am going to be victimized by a group of people who have gone out of their way to take offence at calling the set list of the first show "boring" then expect my retaliation to continue with an equal amount of venom to which I am afforded.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2007, 05:03:04 AM »

who gives a shit what the name of the tour is.   

waxlrick
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2007, 05:06:46 AM »

who gives a shit what the name of the tour is.? ?

Plenty of people. It's made for a really great thread. You should read it some time. Lips Sealed
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2007, 05:16:20 AM »

Plenty of people. It's made for a really great thread. You should read it some time. Lips Sealed

The majority are rarely right
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:19:42 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
waxlrick
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2007, 05:19:43 AM »

The majority is rarely right

Amen to that!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2007, 05:20:02 AM »

/jarmo

hahahaha

You guys are frickin hilarious!

Did you warn the guy that called me stupid before i posted this not to name call?? Probably not because he's on your side. What about any of the others. If not do so if they are the rules that you police.

Metalix78 and I simply said that we expect more CD songs to be played because this is the CD Tour to which many here took offence and put hostile shit on us. We have since been proven right about the name of the tour. Straight from the Guns N roses Official website. Yet noboby who flamed us for it us had the balls to put their hands up and say"sorry, I was wrong". Which clearly demonstrates their lack of integrity. They just keep on "dont go to the concert then", "sell you tickets then" name calling "Whiners" e.t.c (any warnings for them? When infact they are the ones doing the whinging.

We have been polite and controlled in our responses for the most part of this. Yet there are characters here that have accussed us of constantly whinning about the set list, not being"TRUE GNR Fans" whatever the fuck that means. For the record this is the only band that I own every album of, have as many bootlegs as I can get and basically have been jumping on the net every week since before the days of the GNRONLINE forum was born to find out when I can buy their next fucking album. So you can all hold back on the piss weak line "your not a true guns n roses fan" which is lame.

Now if I am going to be victimized by a group of people who have gone out of their way to take offence at calling the set list of the first show "boring" then expect my retaliation to continue with an equal amount of venom to which I am afforded.

Exactly.

I was quick to apologize and retract what I said when Jarmo said it wasn't called the CD World tour, but now it has been said that it is, it would be nice to get cut some slack about it.

The thing is that all GN'R fans are so guarded about what we can and can't say about the band, there doesn't leave much to talk about.

Suggesting that they should play CD on the CD world tour in a country that hasn't seen them in 14 years ain't exactly being negative. Fuck, I mean I was pissed at VR and even Foo Fighters when they played the same sets two nights in a row in Sydney when I saw them, and I wasn't short of saying so, but they were still great shows.

But this whole setlist thing is such a sore point with everyone so I'm just gonna stay out of these threads.

Bring on the Aussie tour already! beer
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:22:34 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2007, 06:15:02 AM »

the setlists indeed have effects on some fans. if there would be 10 shows to possibly attend i might go to all of them if they at least differ in setlists. but getting 95% the same stuff each show this is not an option for me and others.
please...why not at least CHANGING the song order??!! put jungle and scom in the encore, start with cd or nightrain/easy for example <-- i'd like that and also NO new fan havent seen the band live would complain about!! this way you'd easily please more fans when not wanting to add new songs, right?

unfortunately for now it turned out you have to go to ~15-20 shows to catch 1-2 special ones setlistwise. and that doesnt work for the most fans.

by the way the new "CD Tour/World Tour 2007" gnr.com update turned out amusing reading this thread! whats it now....a mistake by the webside master not naming it "world tour"?? hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2007, 07:00:37 AM »

They also refer to the tour as "world tour" on the official site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »

who gives a shit what the name of the tour is.   

Exactly, too many no-life retards on the board, just bitchin' about everything..ridiculous
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:18:14 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2007, 07:34:57 AM »

the setlists indeed have effects on some fans. if there would be 10 shows to possibly attend i might go to all of them if they at least differ in setlists. but getting 95% the same stuff each show this is not an option for me and others.
please...why not at least CHANGING the song order??!! put jungle and scom in the encore, start with cd or nightrain/easy for example <-- i'd like that and also NO new fan havent seen the band live would complain about!! this way you'd easily please more fans when not wanting to add new songs, right?

unfortunately for now it turned out you have to go to ~15-20 shows to catch 1-2 special ones setlistwise. and that doesnt work for the most fans.

by the way the new "CD Tour/World Tour 2007" gnr.com update turned out amusing reading this thread! whats it now....a mistake by the webside master not naming it "world tour"?? hihi
The amount of people that go to multiple shows are minute at best I would bet.? Either because of monetary or geographical reasons, MOST fans are only able to go to one show if any at all.? And heck, if you are able to afford to go to more than one show than you know what you're in for.? The vast majority of the crowd EACH night Guns hits these places they haven't played in 5-15 years are hearing them for the first time.? That's who they're playing for, the 10's of thousands who fall under that category, not the 100's who have returned to see them AGAIN.? I guess they could change up the order of the setlist, but I'm not really sure how much that would improve things.? You're still hearing the same songs, the criticisms would continue.? As far as proper promotion, I would assume or at least hope that they will continue to play the same setlist as they hit these places they haven't played in awhile and not return to, the States or Europe until they release the album.? It's one thing to play the same setlist in 2002 and 2006, that's 4 years apart, changes took place in the band.? But if they were to come back ONE year later and do the same thing, then you may have an argument.? So hopefully the promotion starts SOON!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2007, 07:35:49 AM »

They also refer to the tour as "world tour" on the official site.

/jarmo

because it's a world tour, as in world tour, not "The World Tour".

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2007, 07:37:22 AM »

Ummm, yeah?

I meant that they're not consistent in calling it the Chinese Democracy World Tour.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2007, 07:43:48 AM »

Ummm, yeah?

I meant that they're not consistent in calling it the Chinese Democracy World Tour.....

/jarmo

Jeez admit youre wrong. You claimed no one associated with the band was calling it the "Chinese Democracy" tour then someone pointed out that it was printed on their own OFFICIAL website. So get over it.

We are all sick of seeing the same setlists. Anyone who says they arent is lying.

We all want this album and COMMON SENSE would have told GnR to kick off yet another tour with some new songs. I love band and I'll go and see them regardless of what they play. But we all know its time for them to start promoting the new stuff.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44:19 AM »

Why does a band like Guns N Roses need any promotion at all?
We know who they are.....we know what they stand for......we know that we (who are going) will get our socks blown off our feet.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: