Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:05:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the blabbermouth article is altered!! heres the REAL billboard article
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the blabbermouth article is altered!! heres the REAL billboard article  (Read 2461 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

Collins Looks To Future with Science Faction
Bootsy Collins
June 11, 2007, 10:10 AM ET

Greg Prato, N.Y.
Bassist Bootsy Collins has always been out there, but he's pushing his next project, Science Fiction, even farther than usual.

"We're looking at it like, 'What would happen if we wound up a situation down the line as we evolve, that our technology takes over and we are the ones that they're looking at as 'the scum of the earth'," Collins tells Billboard.com. "It's kind of like 'Planet of the Apes.' What would they be like? What would that feel like? We're just trying to warn the world that that's comin', and we're having fun with that."

Joining Bootsy in the band are guitarist Buckethead and current Guns N' Roses drummer Brain (both of whom have previously played with Bootsy in Praxis), as well as DJ Botieus and producer/guitarist Greg Hampton, who will also be handling lead vocals. "We had a different vision that has morphed into a monstrous vision," explains Hampton. "Originally, we were going to do an old school sort of thing, referencing the elements that were part of Bootsy's career in the funk genre. One thing led to another, and it has turned into what it is today -- it definitely grooves, but it's definitely very rocking and very modern."

Science Faction's yet-to-be-titled debut (which is being co-produced by Collins and Hampton) is set for worldwide release early next year, with a tour to follow. Song titles include "L.O.A.F. (Living on Another Frequency)," "Fatally Flawed Flesh," "Neuro World," and a track with a working title of "Living in Eden."

In addition to the launch of Science Faction, Collins also has several other projects on the horizon, including Bootsy's Bass Project, which finds him joined by some of rock and funk's leading bassists (Flea, Les Claypool, Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller). "It's going to be a collaboration of all kinds of styles," he says. "And I wanted to be able to put faces on the bass players that I look to; that have helped evolve bass to where it is today."

Collins is also about to get involved in the restaurant business, with the launch of Bootsy Ruby's in his hometown of Cincinnati with local restaurateur Jeff Ruby. The restaurant will boast a stage for live music, a museum for memorabilia from legendary Cincinnati indie label King Records and a replica elevator from the 1930s. "You'll be riding up, and you'll be looking down at the city as you're going up," he enthuses. "It's going to be a pretty special place."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/search/goog...t_id=1003596926

apparantly some rumor eager fan altered the article and sent it to blabbermouth (and they didnt check)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

Goddamnit Bori get your shit right rant WTF

well thats a good thing then i guess now we know he's still in the band but is that for sure?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 12:50:09 PM »

It's almost hard to believe that a war erupted on this board over misinformation.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:07:38 PM »

Excelent Info.. thank You

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

It's almost hard to believe that a war erupted on this board over misinformation.

Ha!  Thanks for the laugh russtcb.   hihi  I'll be going on 4 years here and it never fails to entertain.   hihi

CD's album cover could be a beautiful take on Sgt. Pepper's album cover, except all the people in the background would be people either rumored to be involved with or involved with Axl or GNR in the past 10 years.  Now that would be classic.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
guns_n_motley
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »

Ha!? Thanks for the laugh russtcb.? ?hihi? I'll be going on 4 years here and it never fails to entertain.? ?hihi

CD's album cover could be a beautiful take on Sgt. Pepper's album cover, except all the people in the background would be people either rumored to be involved with or involved with Axl or GNR in the past 10 years.? Now that would be classic.? Smiley

would the cover be big enough for all that? hihi rofl
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:13:23 PM »

How cool though?  Shaquille O'Neal, Natalie Merchant, Lionel Richie, Moby, Brian May, etc.  The list could go on forever.

quick trivia:  3 people John Lennon wanted on Sgt. Pepper's cover but weren't allowed.  Who were they?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »

I agree.

Personally, I don't care who drums for GN'R.

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 05:37:50 PM »

quick trivia:  3 people John Lennon wanted on Sgt. Pepper's cover but weren't allowed.  Who were they?
Ghandi
Hitler
Jesus

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 06:02:55 PM »

Nice work Gargh! 

That was some inappropriate trivia to pass the time. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »

Hitler would be very out-of-place.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »

On Sgt. Pepper's or Chinese Democracy?   hihi
I don't think Lennon meant it as a glorification of Hitler.  I don't think I could climb into Lennon's mind a-la Being John Malkovich (I sure as hell would stab myself in the eyes upon seeing Yoko Ono in my bed), but if I had to guess, it was Lennon recognizing Hitler had a huge impact on the world, as did Gandhi and Jesus.

Now why won't Axl tell us if Gandhi, Jesus and Hitler are on the album or not?  I'm sick of the silent treatment...and the rest of the band, is there some sort of gag order?  Why can't they tell us?  Where's the communication??  I think Finck could be Jesus, Frank could pull off Gandhi, albeit a bit more muscular, and if we left some shoe-polish on the mic, we'd get a Hitler with pulled-back braids and torn jeans.   hihi 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: