Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  what part of the recording is done?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what part of the recording is done?  (Read 21782 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 02:38:03 PM »

you showed i was lying? ummm, no you didnt...why the hell would i lie about something like this? thats absurd.....im just posting what i know and my opinion...you dont have to agree with it...no problem....but get on the bat phone to find out whats really going on....

This is your opinion?

thing is, those concerts were not cancelled to work on the album...we know that....there was another reason, but is it worth talking about at this point?

It sounds like you're stating it as a fact and the truth.

Just throwing shit out there with no proof to back it up.

When you get called on it, you start to make your snide remarks about bat phones. How convenient.

Maybe you should've said: By disregarding all the facts we have, I've come to the personal opinion that the concerts weren't cancelled to finish the recording..

/jarmo

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it. ?

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order. ?Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it. ?It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks. ?I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio. ?But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way. ?Those are his rules. ?But if you live by the sword, you die by it too. ?In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got. ?

thank you. i post on the board because i love the band...if i know something ill say it.   but  now i guess i wont because jarmos makes comments like the ones above...again, like i said, why the hell would i lie about this? there is not reason..does me no good..whats the point? none....so, if there is a gag order here, i guess more and more information/discussion will be quashed.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 02:40:39 PM »

OK firstly, mojo and muse are just alternatives to the word "inspiration" or perhaps "motivation". At no point in tyhe letter is Axl refered to as a/the muse.

secondly, to get back to the question that is the title of this thread - no one knows. all we know is that the songs for CD - at least - have been recorded and, last we heard, are being mixed. also, i would point out that the plan to record 3 albums before even releasing the 1st is a few years old now, and plans change. notice it hasnt been mentioned for a good while by anyone with any credibility - band members/staff/record company.

Finally, sorry if anyone has said all this while i have been typing.

not true...read merck's letter..here is one sentence from it..."We then scheduled sessions in London in August and had our engineers meet us there at the end of the English tour. August came and went and once again the muse did not show."

muse is a noun, but it doesnt represent a person. It is not axl. They are talking about inspiration.

In the bible, they talk about the "muse" inspiring them to write the scripture. He is clearly talking about inspiration. People use the term for inspiration. If something inspires someone they say "that is my muse"

guns n motley is quite correct. ibelieveinaxl, you have just misunderstood the meaning of the word muse, an its use in this context.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it. 

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order.  Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it.  It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks.  I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio.  But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way.  Those are his rules.  But if you live by the sword, you die by it too.  In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got. 

Are you still upset about your Dizzy interview?

/jarmo

im not embroiled in years of drama so i don't have some obsessed motive, but that looks like sidestepping with a snide remark too Tongue
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »

I don't get to post the things I know to be facts -- partly out of respect for the band and the impossible situation they're in, and partly because I know it'll just be wiped anyways.

But what sucks is that you have to sit there and take it when Jarmo and others accuse you of speculating and spreading false rumors. ?Hopefully Axl will find some peace and happiness in the future. ?Maybe the gag orders and the paralyzing paranoia will one day go away, and Axl will share a little more with the world. ?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 02:45:12 PM »

damn dude.
do you have to go against anything I say?

Yes, as long as you keep posting stuff I don't agree with.

The shows in January were cancelled so they could finish the recording. It was done in January.

Just because the update was made in February, doesn't mean it was made at the exact moment that they pressed "STOP" at the studio.....

/jarmo

But it sure would suck if they cancelled those concerts so they could finish the album... but it only took 'em a few weeks to do it anyways.  I mean, if it really wasn't that much work, it would have been cool for the fans if Axl had decided to postpone his couple of weeks worth of recording just long enough that they could see the concerts.  It's not like there was anything much on the schedule for the first half of 2007 anyways. 

Except the private concert for Donatella Versace and her rich and fabulous friends.

Didn't you "attend" that party. Grin

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it.?

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order.? Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it.? It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks.? I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio.? But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way.? Those are his rules.? But if you live by the sword, you die by it too.? In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got.?

/jarmo

Not at all, man. ?I was disappointed for the listeners that they couldn't hear all the awesome stuff word for word that I did. ?But really I just found it pathetic and hysterical that a grown rock star was afraid to talk about the band he was in. ?

This is exactly the kind of baiting I was talking about. ?I know stuff. ?You know stuff. ?Lots of people know stuff. They're just not allowed to discuss it because of Axl's issues. ?And it's a shame, because a lot of those details could really humanize Axl and show that these frustrating delays and cancellations aren't part of some grand conspiracy... it's just the product of a human being trying to deal with some very difficult issues. ?

But go ahead man... just insult me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! ?Rock on! ?

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »

OK firstly, mojo and muse are just alternatives to the word "inspiration" or perhaps "motivation". At no point in tyhe letter is Axl refered to as a/the muse.

secondly, to get back to the question that is the title of this thread - no one knows. all we know is that the songs for CD - at least - have been recorded and, last we heard, are being mixed. also, i would point out that the plan to record 3 albums before even releasing the 1st is a few years old now, and plans change. notice it hasnt been mentioned for a good while by anyone with any credibility - band members/staff/record company.

read mercks letter...the Muse didnt show up to record....merck and engineers set up studio time...the muse (axl) never showed up..

not true...read merck's letter..here is one sentence from it..."We then scheduled sessions in London in August and had our engineers meet us there at the end of the English tour. August came and went and once again the muse did not show."

muse is a noun, but it doesnt represent a person. It is not axl. They are talking about inspiration.

In the bible, they talk about the "muse" inspiring them to write the scripture. He is clearly talking about inspiration. People use the term for inspiration. If something inspires someone they say "that is my muse"

guns n motley is quite correct. ibelieveinaxl, you have just misunderstood the meaning of the word muse, an its use in this context.

read merck's letter, merck set up studio time for axl. merck and the engineers showed up, the muse (axl) didnt...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:49:41 PM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 02:50:13 PM »

about the stage of the album status..here's part of an article from the end of 2002....i guess it takes more than 5 years and counting to move on from this stage....

Friday, November 22, 2002

John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

But see, he never did finish it. those finishing touches were never completed until this year.. we have news now that its finished and mixing now.

yes, i know..it was never finished...is it finished yet? i have no idea. ill know it's finished when it comes out.....we heard news back then that it was almost done, we heard news about this for many years, including this year....after a while, its the boy who cried wolf mentality....i dont believe it anymore...ill believe it when it is released.

interesting post considering your name. Wink
guns_n_motley
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 02:55:21 PM »

read mercks letter...the Muse didnt show up to record....merck and engineers set up studio time...the muse (axl) never showed up..

read merck's letter, merck set up studio time for axl. merck and the engineers showed up, the muse (axl) didnt...

I read it perfectly. Merck set up studio time for axl to get work done. Axl got NO work done because his muse or inspiration didnt show up. Its jsut a term. Why would merck call axl the muse?? axl is mercks inspiration??

that makes alot more sense than axl never showed up to do the work. You are misunderstanding it!!
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2007, 02:58:47 PM »

I read it perfectly. Merck set up studio time for axl to get work done. Axl got NO work done because his muse or inspiration didnt show up. Its jsut a term. Why would merck call axl the muse?? axl is mercks inspiration??

that makes alot more sense than axl never showed up to do the work. You are misunderstanding it!!

You're aruging over the use of the word "muse" and missing the point.  Whether or not Axl was the muse or Axl's muse was the muse, the point is the same... Merck and the gang tried to get the record out.  They booked a studio and all showed up... but, for whatever reason,  Axl couldn't complete his end of the agreement.  Whether or not he stayed home or showed up and didn't do anything seems to be a moot point.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »

You're aruging over the use of the word "muse" and missing the point.? Whether or not Axl was the muse or Axl's muse was the muse, the point is the same... Merck and the gang tried to get the record out.? They booked a studio and all showed up... but, for whatever reason,? Axl couldn't complete his end of the agreement.? Whether or not he stayed home or showed up and didn't do anything seems to be a moot point.

still proves my point that axl just aint motivated!!  and only works when he feels like it. Thus the huge delay.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2007, 03:03:43 PM »

we can talk about and disagree what the word means...however, bottom line..and i think we can all agree is that the album is not out and we all want it....so, we can talk about words, delays, etc...till we are blue in the face..but that doesnt change the fact the the cd is not out....

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »

Not knowing it's not in the vocabularies of some, I used the word many times here before anyone did.

muses are goddess of music/art and science. For instance Terpsichora guides dancers she likes.
It's the same thing to inspiration unless you literally believe in Greek mythology.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:11:22 PM by ppbebe » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2007, 03:09:47 PM »

thank you. i post on the board because i love the band...if i know something ill say it.   but  now i guess i wont because jarmos makes comments like the ones above...again, like i said, why the hell would i lie about this? there is not reason..does me no good..whats the point? none....so, if there is a gag order here, i guess more and more information/discussion will be quashed.....

I asked for proof. You didn't provide any.

You posted in a way that made it seem like it was a fact, when in fact nothing more than speculation from you based on your own guesses.

Then you start making bat phone remarks and make yourself look as the poor victim.

Please.

Lots of people know stuff. They're just not allowed to discuss it because of Axl's issues.

Well in my opinion there are two kinds of people. Those who know what a private conversation is, and those that don't.

I don't know what exactly you know about Axl and what he told you when you met him in February, but I suspect he didn't give you an interview. Therefore it falls under the private conversation category.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2007, 03:16:38 PM »

thank you. i post on the board because i love the band...if i know something ill say it.? ?but? now i guess i wont because jarmos makes comments like the ones above...again, like i said, why the hell would i lie about this? there is not reason..does me no good..whats the point? none....so, if there is a gag order here, i guess more and more information/discussion will be quashed.....

You posted in a way that made it seem like it was a fact, when in fact nothing more than speculation from you based on your own guesses.

Then you start making bat phone remarks and make yourself look as the poor victim.

Please.

Lots of people know stuff. They're just not allowed to discuss it because of Axl's issues.

Well in my opinion there are two kinds of people. Those who know what a private conversation is, and those that don't.

I don't know what exactly you know about Axl and what he told you when you met him in February, but I suspect he didn't give you an interview. Therefore it falls under the private conversation category.

/jarmo

i told the board what i know. you asked for proof..who are you? the irs, the president, the fbi? let the board members decide on their own...they are free thinkers...they dont need you forcing beliefs down their throats....

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2007, 03:17:59 PM »

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it.?

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order.? Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it.? It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks.? I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio.? But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way.? Those are his rules.? But if you live by the sword, you die by it too.? In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got.?

/jarmo

Not at all, man. ?I was disappointed for the listeners that they couldn't hear all the awesome stuff word for word that I did. ?But really I just found it pathetic and hysterical that a grown rock star was afraid to talk about the band he was in. ?

This is exactly the kind of baiting I was talking about. ?I know stuff. ?You know stuff. ?Lots of people know stuff. They're just not allowed to discuss it because of Axl's issues. ?And it's a shame, because a lot of those details could really humanize Axl and show that these frustrating delays and cancellations aren't part of some grand conspiracy... it's just the product of a human being trying to deal with some very difficult issues. ?

But go ahead man... just insult me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! ?Rock on! ?

Dizzy respects Axl, he's not afraid of him

And the reason we do not discuss 'stuff' about GN'R is because we respect Axl

Your words and assumptions are sensationalist
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »

bloody hell. the only way in which it could mean axl is if we accept axl is his own muse, which is a step too far given the letters content.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2007, 03:18:30 PM »

Well I just hope the cd is done mixing and in the hands or almost in the hands of the label.

Hopefully the band can give some kind of update on the status soon. At this point the update from months ago is old.

Everyday I check this site for the glimmer of hope of getting some new info.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2007, 03:19:21 PM »

bloody hell. the only way in which it could mean axl is if we accept axl is his own muse, which is a step too far given the letters content.

this is getting funny.....

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »

thank you. i post on the board because i love the band...if i know something ill say it.? ?but? now i guess i wont because jarmos makes comments like the ones above...again, like i said, why the hell would i lie about this? there is not reason..does me no good..whats the point? none....so, if there is a gag order here, i guess more and more information/discussion will be quashed.....

Please.

/jarmo

Hey man, I agree. ?That's why we're not discussing it. ?Just the fact that "it" exists.

Though I do think that if Axl knowingly has a conversation with someone who runs a fan website and poses for pictures promoting that site, he's gotta kinda expect it to be reported. ?

But still, because Axl has decided that his band must be run in that one special way, we're not allowed to discuss anything of substance. ?

But I"m not just referring to that meeting with Axl. ?I've heard things from lots of people connected to the band. ?It's easy to find them. ?You just have to know where to look and who to talk to. ?Since I started trying to find things out on my own last year, I've had the awesome opportunities to talk to Axl once, Dizzy three times, Tommy twice, Talking Metal a bunch of times, and I've emailed with several members of the band. ? There are always fascinating things happening in the GNR world. ?Some it it's not flattering necessarily, but it paints a more realistic picture of who Axl is and why getting this album out has been such an ordeal. ?

Unfortunetly, Axl would rather people blindly speculate. ?Sadly, I think that causes him more trouble in the long run than if he'd just be open and honest and allow his band the chance to behave the same way.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: