Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:17:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  what part of the recording is done?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what part of the recording is done?  (Read 21766 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 03:21:03 PM »

OK firstly, mojo and muse are just alternatives to the word "inspiration" or perhaps "motivation". At no point in tyhe letter is Axl refered to as a/the muse.

secondly, to get back to the question that is the title of this thread - no one knows. all we know is that the songs for CD - at least - have been recorded and, last we heard, are being mixed. also, i would point out that the plan to record 3 albums before even releasing the 1st is a few years old now, and plans change. notice it hasnt been mentioned for a good while by anyone with any credibility - band members/staff/record company.

Finally, sorry if anyone has said all this while i have been typing.
read mercks letter...the Muse didnt show up to record....merck and engineers set up studio time...the muse (axl) never showed up..

not true...read merck's letter..here is one sentence from it..."We then scheduled sessions in London in August and had our engineers meet us there at the end of the English tour. August came and went and once again the muse did not show."

muse is a noun, but it doesnt represent a person. It is not axl. They are talking about inspiration.

In the bible, they talk about the "muse" inspiring them to write the scripture. He is clearly talking about inspiration. People use the term for inspiration. If something inspires someone they say "that is my muse"

guns n motley is quite correct. ibelieveinaxl, you have just misunderstood the meaning of the word muse, an its use in this context.

read merck's letter, merck set up studio time for axl. merck and the engineers showed up, the muse (axl) didnt...

I read it perfectly. Merck set up studio time for axl to get work done. Axl got NO work done because his muse or inspiration didnt show up. Its jsut a term. Why would merck call axl the muse?? axl is mercks inspiration??

that makes alot more sense than axl never showed up to do the work. You are misunderstanding it!!

You're aruging over the use of the word "muse" and missing the point.? Whether or not Axl was the muse or Axl's muse was the muse, the point is the same... Merck and the gang tried to get the record out.? They booked a studio and all showed up... but, for whatever reason,? Axl couldn't complete his end of the agreement.? Whether or not he stayed home or showed up and didn't do anything seems to be a moot point.

no, you are missing the point. i realise we are having a discussion within a discussion (which you are doin in a diferent way with jarmo), but the point of it is the use and meaning of the use of the word muse in the letter.

but this thread spiralled outta control some time ago.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2007, 03:23:36 PM »

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it.?

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order.? Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it.? It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks.? I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio.? But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way.? Those are his rules.? But if you live by the sword, you die by it too.? In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got.?

Are you still upset about your Dizzy interview?

/jarmo

Not at all, man. ?I was disappointed for the listeners that they couldn't hear all the awesome stuff word for word that I did. ?But really I just found it pathetic and hysterical that a grown rock star was afraid to talk about the band he was in. ?

This is exactly the kind of baiting I was talking about. ?I know stuff. ?You know stuff. ?Lots of people know stuff. They're just not allowed to discuss it because of Axl's issues. ?And it's a shame, because a lot of those details could really humanize Axl and show that these frustrating delays and cancellations aren't part of some grand conspiracy... it's just the product of a human being trying to deal with some very difficult issues. ?

But go ahead man... just insult me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! ?Rock on! ?

Dizzy respects Axl, he's not afraid of him

And the reason we do not discuss 'stuff' about GN'R is because we respect Axl

Your words and assumptions are sensationalist

You can respect someone and be afraid of them too. 

My words aren't assumptions.  If you'd like to PM, I'd be happy to explain myself.  But for now, we've gotta play along with the gag order and pretend that it does Axl, his band, or his fans any good.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2007, 03:32:56 PM »

i told the board what i know. you asked for proof..who are you? the irs, the president, the fbi? let the board members decide on their own...they are free thinkers...they dont need you forcing beliefs down their throats....

Keep the remarks coming.

You amuse me.

You can respect someone and be afraid of them too. 

My words aren't assumptions.  If you'd like to PM, I'd be happy to explain myself.  But for now, we've gotta play along with the gag order and pretend that it does Axl, his band, or his fans any good.

Maybe Dizzy just realized what kind of an interview you were after and didn't wanna take part in it?

Tommy and Dizzy used to talk about GN'R all the time and some of you were posting "I wish they'd shut up because they don't know anything" back then.

It's like with Bumblefoot. He likes to talk. But everything he says is overanalyzed and twisted around to the point that he just doesn't wanna mention GN'R at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »

mysteron and Jarmo,

is there any hope to getting an update from the band on the cd status even if it does not contain a release date?

The one from months ago seems so out dated at this point. At the time of axls letter he stated they had so many weeks left or months, were months past that point with no sign of anything. ?I know stuff changes all the time.

I understand that, no problem but maybe it is time to clue the fans in again, give them some hope or something to rally around.

And I know jarmo no matter what axl or the band says there will always be people who bitch, that will not change if they give an update or not , but the majority of tha fans will be happier if they get some news.
 ?

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2007, 03:38:15 PM »

i told the board what i know. you asked for proof..who are you? the irs, the president, the fbi? let the board members decide on their own...they are free thinkers...they dont need you forcing beliefs down their throats....

Keep the remarks coming.

You amuse me.

You can respect someone and be afraid of them too.?

My words aren't assumptions.? If you'd like to PM, I'd be happy to explain myself.? But for now, we've gotta play along with the gag order and pretend that it does Axl, his band, or his fans any good.

Maybe Dizzy just realized what kind of an interview you were after and didn't wanna take part in it?

Tommy and Dizzy used to talk about GN'R all the time and some of you were posting "I wish they'd shut up because they don't know anything" back then.

It's like with Bumblefoot. He likes to talk. But everything he says is overanalyzed and twisted around to the point that he just doesn't wanna mention GN'R at all.

/jarmo

dude, is something wrong with you? can you not have a discussion with someone that disagrees with you? boards are about open discussion and different points of views...we can all respond like adults..i dont get you....i think its great there are boards for fans to discuss issues about the bands they love....and its cool to read about different experiences and point of views...the boards should be about fun and not hatin.' i love you, man....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2007, 03:45:04 PM »

Jarmo --

Yeah, I agree.  A lot of times when the band tires to give an interview, it ends up in speculation.  But I think it's because they have to be intentionally myserious and misleading about shit. ?They can't just come out and say things, though because they're cool people and equally frustrated, they try to do the best they can for the fans. ?

Things get over analyzed because there's shit else to talk about, and a lot of things they say are misleading... like when Axl announced that Slash had come to tell him that, etc... but of course, Axl neglected to mention that he didn't actually talk to Slash because he sent out Beta instead. ? Why'd he do that? ?I mean, if he was interested in telling his fans the story, why not tell them the whole story? ?That's just one example.

Honestly, hats off to Ron Thal, who's gona above and beyond what's requried of him as a guitarist in GNR. ?This guy's done wonder's to repair Axl's image with the fan base, and it's just by doing his best to be courteous to his fans. ?He doesn't have to be that way. ?In fact, it'd probably be a lot easier for him to behave like the more jaded members of the band. ?Any time they open their mouths, they risk hurting their fans because Axl's whims can quickly make liars out of them. ?They've all gone on record in the past about the album coming out, last touches, mixing, "soon", etc... And while they might earnestly believe that Axl's really gonna do it this time, there's no promise. ?They've learned that lesson the hard way -- just like the fans. ?

Every time these speak to the public, they risk upsetting Axl and causing shit in the band. ?I've seen this first hand on numerous occasions. ?

Now, you might argue that the remedy for this is that they don't discuss things with fans. ?

But really... that's not normal. ?No band runs that way. ?People don't live that way.

A better solution might be for Axl and the band to stop living in this paralyzing paranoia about anything and everything. ?But for that to happen, Axl's going to have to realize that the world ins't out to destroy and betray him. ?He'll have to learn that it's possible for him to trust people outside of the compound.

But here's a larger point... Maybe fans on the internet speculate over every crumb of info they get.  But so what?  I mean, honestly?  Why should Axl or anyone in the camp give a fuck one way or another?  Axl's a fucking rock star with the world at his feet.  A bunch of losers on the internet shouldn't even be a blip on his radar.  He should have better things to do that obsess over what a bunch of nerds think about him. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:48:08 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2007, 03:56:08 PM »

But here's a larger point... Maybe fans on the internet speculate over every crumb of info they get.  But so what?  I mean, honestly?  Why should Axl or anyone in the camp give a fuck one way or another?  Axl's a fucking rock star with the world at his feet.  A bunch of losers on the internet shouldn't even be a blip on his radar.  He should have better things to do that obsess over what a bunch of nerds think about him.

well said...totally

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2007, 03:57:18 PM »

Every time these speak to the public, they risk upsetting Axl and causing shit in the band. ?I've seen this first hand on numerous occasions. ?

um, really? how?

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »

But here's a larger point... Maybe fans on the internet speculate over every crumb of info they get.? But so what?? I mean, honestly?? Why should Axl or anyone in the camp give a fuck one way or another?? Axl's a fucking rock star with the world at his feet.? A bunch of losers on the internet shouldn't even be a blip on his radar.? He should have better things to do that obsess over what a bunch of nerds think about him.

well said...totally

i gotta agree with that too!

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »

the release date is close..................... right?
 Grin

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

Some great points, MGL, though I think it's unfair to say band members are silent because "Axl's whims can quickly make liars out of them". ?For all we know, there may be things entirely out of Axl's control (e.g., record company issues or legal hurdles) that make them unable to discuss when the record is coming out.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »

dude, is something wrong with you? can you not have a discussion with someone that disagrees with you? boards are about open discussion and different points of views...we can all respond like adults..i dont get you....i think its great there are boards for fans to discuss issues about the bands they love....and its cool to read about different experiences and point of views...the boards should be about fun and not hatin.' i love you, man....

I tried to discuss with you. I asked for proof that the concerts were, as you claimed, canceled for other reasons.

I was met with remarks about bat phones and the president.

You can say what you want, but expect to be asked to show some kind of proof when you state your own opinions/speculation as facts.

Yeah, I agree.  A lot of times when the band tires to give an interview, it ends up in speculation.  But I think it's because they have to be intentionally myserious and misleading about shit.  They can't just come out and say things, though because they're cool people and equally frustrated, they try to do the best they can for the fans. 

No, I don't agree.

Many times they say things very clearly and it ends up getting turned around.

Tentative becomes a promise etc etc.

Often these things end up in the papers and become bigger than what they seemed at the start.

What you think is just fun speculation ends up becoming the truth for others.

"I heard that...".

These things end up hurting the band and the fans. Causing false hope and confusion. Yet you wonder why anybody would care?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 04:15:37 PM »

Here's the problem though, man... when people have proof (or as close to proof as anyone can get) they're not allowed to post it.?

Some things we're just not allowed to discuss because Axl has a strict gag order.? Even when you can get good info from the band, or Axl himself, you're not really at liberty to discuss it.? It'll likely be wiped as a violation of the band's trust, and then you won't get any more cool inside info in the future.

It sucks.? I wish the band was just allowed to discuss the things they do -- on the road, or in the studio.? But Axl's decided that the ship must be run in a certain way.? Those are his rules.? But if you live by the sword, you die by it too.? In the absence of any concrete info from the band, Axl or the numerous people who've been privilaged to get some inside info, speculation is all we got.?

Are you still upset about your Dizzy interview?

/jarmo

Not at all, man. ?I was disappointed for the listeners that they couldn't hear all the awesome stuff word for word that I did. ?But really I just found it pathetic and hysterical that a grown rock star was afraid to talk about the band he was in. ?

This is exactly the kind of baiting I was talking about. ?I know stuff. ?You know stuff. ?Lots of people know stuff. They're just not allowed to discuss it because of Axl's issues. ?And it's a shame, because a lot of those details could really humanize Axl and show that these frustrating delays and cancellations aren't part of some grand conspiracy... it's just the product of a human being trying to deal with some very difficult issues. ?

But go ahead man... just insult me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! ?Rock on! ?

Dizzy respects Axl, he's not afraid of him

And the reason we do not discuss 'stuff' about GN'R is because we respect Axl

Your words and assumptions are sensationalist

You can respect someone and be afraid of them too.?

My words aren't assumptions.? If you'd like to PM, I'd be happy to explain myself.? But for now, we've gotta play along with the gag order and pretend that it does Axl, his band, or his fans any good.

I'm sure you were told this, that and the other. Genuinely though, think about the situation you are putting people in asking certain questions.

Dizzy and Axl have known each other a long time, and I can fully assure you that Dizzy is not afraid of Axl.

Dizzy is a top man, he respects people for who they are and is not a bridge burner. If you don't believe me, ask anyone who knows him.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »

It's strange that some of you are time to time attacking jarmo, chill out and please talk these problems you have with your friends, or someone else, this is pointless, and ridiculous

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 04:18:32 PM »

I don't mean he's "afraid" of Axl in the sense that he thinks Axl's gonna hurt him.

But he's realistic about the fact that Axl is something of a control freak -- which isn't a surprise to anyone, I'm sure. ?But Axl's the boss of GNR, and don't think for a second that Dizzy doesn't know it. ?Dizzy's not dumb either. ?He knows that Axl gets pissed off easily, and he wants to be careful not to step on his toes.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 04:20:54 PM »

But here's a larger point... Maybe fans on the internet speculate over every crumb of info they get.? But so what?? I mean, honestly?? Why should Axl or anyone in the camp give a fuck one way or another?? Axl's a fucking rock star with the world at his feet.? A bunch of losers on the internet shouldn't even be a blip on his radar.? He should have better things to do that obsess over what a bunch of nerds think about him.

well said...totally

Axl is a rock star, but he is also human being who has family and friends who care about him

Go figure
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

I think you are wrong : Guns N' Roses is a democratic band and everyone is at the same level... if he wants to be fired  hihi
guns_n_motley
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2007, 04:22:06 PM »

soooo whats the status of CD mysteron?? hihi
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 04:27:01 PM »

I don't mean he's "afraid" of Axl in the sense that he thinks Axl's gonna hurt him.

But he's realistic about the fact that Axl is something of a control freak -- which isn't a surprise to anyone, I'm sure. ?But Axl's the boss of GNR, and don't think for a second that Dizzy doesn't know it. ?Dizzy's not dumb either. ?He knows that Axl gets pissed off easily, and he wants to be careful not to step on his toes.

You are getting around to the fact that Dizzy respects Axl for who he is, but you are still throwing in loads of assumptions

We're getting there though  hihi
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 04:27:41 PM »

You forgot this is all speculation on your part and just your opinion. ? rofl

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: