Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 19th Brisbane
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 19th Brisbane  (Read 30676 times)
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2007, 11:20:22 PM »

all things considered... it still sounded like a good show.. if it was really that awful they could have just played PC for the encore... but they threw in madagascar too..  i think its cool that they are mixing up the encore a little now.. sometimes CD and maddy.. sometimes just madagascar.. and sometime just PC.. its just a little variety that makes the shows interesting..   i hated being at the shows.. and being able to predict night train, pc.. good night..  i wish they would throw in an ac/dc cover..
how was rose tatoo's version of nice boys?  did they say anything before it?   must be weird covering a song from the band that you are opening for.. i could be wrong.. but i think i remember Gnr playing mama kin when opening for aerosmith.. and when aerosmith got to mama kin in their set.. they commented on it..
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »

all things considered... it still sounded like a good show.. if it was really that awful they could have just played PC for the encore... but they threw in madagascar too..? i think its cool that they are mixing up the encore a little now.. sometimes CD and maddy.. sometimes just madagascar.. and sometime just PC.. its just a little variety that makes the shows interesting..? ?i hated being at the shows.. and being able to predict night train, pc.. good night..? i wish they would throw in an ac/dc cover..
how was rose tatoo's version of nice boys?? did they say anything before it?? ?must be weird covering a song from the band that you are opening for.. i could be wrong.. but i think i remember Gnr playing mama kin when opening for aerosmith.. and when aerosmith got to mama kin in their set.. they commented on it..

Nice Boys is a Rose Tatoo song- GnR covered it.

Anyne got any press reviews from the show?
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2007, 11:26:01 PM »

no shit??  i had no idea.. i feel like an idiot.. well then i guess they don't feel weird at all playing it.. still wish GnR would work it into the set list.. gem of a tune.. 
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2007, 01:00:32 AM »

hmmmmm lets see I went to a GnR concert on a Sun night GUESS WHAT I DID !!! I planned ahead and got monday off cause I know GnR goes on late.  Whoever wants to see GnR at 10 at nite is silly.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
waxlrick
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2007, 01:02:10 AM »

I half expected that if any Australian show might have some trouble, it would be in Brisbane. Sorry, Brisbaners - but it is bogan (redneck) central. And I can say that cos half my family are here in Brisbane and I've spent a lot of time here. Grow up, its not the end of the world to wait. I suspect it was just full of dick head yobbos too drunk to remember the show anyway.

Im hoping tonights gig which I'll be at goes down better.

Yep you bet. I moved up from Sydney 2 years ago. It's a beautiful place but it does have a large number of bogans. I like to refer to Queensland as the last redneck strong hold on the Eastern Seaboard. The land where grown men ride BMX bikes with their shirts off and the women drive V8's super cars. Cracks me up.

The alcohol was an issue. I am deadset a fuckwit magnet when I am in a crowd. I was standing their comfortably waiting for Guns to come on and then the drunk gutter trash started moving in, stinking of BO and rum. One late 30,s something fuck knuckle was off his fuce singing out Axl has ripped you all off (not impressed with having to wait) he siad he was leaving and had had enough (with was great) but he reached infront of me to try and drag his pissed mate out with him who wanted to stay. This started a scuffle right next to me. The only thing stopping me from knocking his teeth right through the back off his head was the consequence of possibly being thrown out by security before the show started.

It will be interesting to see tonight if Axl can win the crowd over...or visa versa. Either way I can't wait for tonight. Something I had forget to mention in the review was that Axl made a couple of comments implying that things behind the scenes of the concert that night eg; Crew and equipment wasn't going great. One example of this was when he sat down to play NR and a roadie hadn't set up the mic on the piano. Axl just gave him a vacant look as the roadie rushed to set it up. Cracked me up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:21:32 AM by waxlrick » Logged
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2007, 03:44:38 AM »

....so was the cones i smoked last night,
 and so was Axl's attitude towards the WHOLE crowd when ONE person threw somethin', after that there was no trouble, but Axl had to let it ruin it for him, which ment for the rest of us too!!

Ron would come up to Axl n' headbut him on the shoulder for fun, but Axl didnt respond at all, it seemed Tommy was pissed at someone when he was screaming the words but came to the front of the stage afew times and gave these people the finger hihi

Baz had the crowd pumped last night, i was screamin' The Threat at him n' he had a camera dude point it at me, Baz was all smiles beer beer

I actually do feel bad for the rest of fans...that does kinda suck. Hopefully you're going back tomorrow and the show will rock hard.? It will be like a do-over.

btw, are cones the same as joints?

i am goin' tonight beer beer

got high hopes for tonight's gig, bein' it a sell out peace

...n' na, cones arnt joints smoking

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
waxlrick
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2007, 04:20:45 AM »

Some more song details about last night

LALD - sounded great and he sang the verses right on key.
SCOM & YCBM - Beautiful
Better - Axl sung the na, na, na, na part. Something he doesn't alway do live. But sounds better when he does.
The Blue - Vocally live, the best version that I have heard.

NR - Sounded great. Same shortened intro as usual.
Patience - again one of the best I have seen or heard. He sang this right after giving a speal about being accused of Lip Syncing buy some artical. He said "I can do this whole show through my arse" and held the mic to his butt.
My Michelle - went off with Baz. Probably the best of the night. And I don't really care for that song much normally.
Night Train - His voice unbelievable!!! Sang right off the register and threw everything at it.
Madagascar - One of the best live versions again. Really sang the shit out of the outro.
PC - Shortened intro.

I am really lookin forward to tonight!!!!

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2007, 04:31:32 AM »

Good! Go and enjoy it Waxlrick!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Tonylover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2007, 04:36:59 AM »

It's beer! thrown by a dick in the audience who thought he would get away with it!
It's a metal/rock concert........besides the Beatles had beer thrown at them all the time in Hambourg!

Ah, Hambourg, those were the days!

yeah but the difference is that the beatles couldnt batter a fish nevermind an actual person but you know that if axl got hold of the guy he would be in a whole world of pain

If I was that guy I would be more scared of the crowds reaction towards me if GNR refused to perform than Axl's reaction.

Christina xx
waxlrick
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2007, 05:14:32 AM »

I for one would have been ready to tear him a new asshole.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »

hmm - some comments here that axl let one person ruin the whole show for him and everyone else.  I'm just putting myself in the position of the entire band here.... you get to a new city.. the show is going along nicely, everyone is getting hyped..  Now we know GnR dont jump out as soon as Bach/support is off - so in the gap, they are most likely psyching up to get onstage and deliver a killer show.  To get that psyched up mentally takes a lot of mental preparation and you know how WTTJ is such a powerful opener - (amplified by robin's teasing intro notes) and the whole show does start on a very very high energy level, particularly for axl.  When you have one cock who, with one stupid idea, decides its a great idea to throw his drink at axl  or any band member in the first fkn song - well I think anyone would find it very difficult to get the energy back up again. Sure they had to wait for GnR to come onstage - so fkn what - big fkn deal. they waited years to see the band back in Oz, so whats a couple of hours - so hats off to the wanker who alone ruined the atmos with his pathetic drink-throwing in the first song.

I say credit is due to the band for continuing and putting in what sounds like a good show - from waxlrick, sounds like axl was sounding great.

So, it's heads up and onwards , this one's in the past - plenty more to look ofrward to.   peace
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »

OK. it's 9.50pm. Sebastian should be doing his thang!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

I think throwing shit on stage is always the worst thing to do, but i can understand the "bullshit" chants.
You know, I really don't understand why promoters don't say "show starts around midnight", if they really know that Axl goes on stage that late...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2007, 12:26:12 PM »

Patience - again one of the best I have seen or heard.
Madagascar - One of the best live versions again. Really sang the shit out of the outro.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

But...(and I'm using your post only as an example of a trend I see) why does everyone seem to think that Axl just happens to do his best performance on the night that they went to the show?  hihi

I suppose it's a good thing.  Perhaps he's on top of his game to the extent that every audience leaves thinking he must have really just given them the show of a lifetime, which is great.  But the number of people who say that the BEST version of Song XYZ he's EVER done was right there in their city...well, it happens a lot.  I'm glad that people feel this way, because it means they probably feel like they saw a great show and got their money's worth.  But isn't it just a tiny possibility that Axl is a professional, and very good at what he does, such that he can give a very strong performance on a nightly basis?  Anyway, here's to more great shows!  beer

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2007, 07:19:17 PM »

hmm - some comments here that axl let one person ruin the whole show for him and everyone else.? I'm just putting myself in the position of the entire band here.... you get to a new city.. the show is going along nicely, everyone is getting hyped..? Now we know GnR dont jump out as soon as Bach/support is off - so in the gap, they are most likely psyching up to get onstage and deliver a killer show.? To get that psyched up mentally takes a lot of mental preparation and you know how WTTJ is such a powerful opener - (amplified by robin's teasing intro notes) and the whole show does start on a very very high energy level, particularly for axl.? When you have one cock who, with one stupid idea, decides its a great idea to throw his drink at axl? or any band member in the first fkn song - well I think anyone would find it very difficult to get the energy back up again. Sure they had to wait for GnR to come onstage - so fkn what - big fkn deal. they waited years to see the band back in Oz, so whats a couple of hours - so hats off to the wanker who alone ruined the atmos with his pathetic drink-throwing in the first song.

I say credit is due to the band for continuing and putting in what sounds like a good show - from waxlrick, sounds like axl was sounding great.

So, it's heads up and onwards , this one's in the past - plenty more to look ofrward to.? ?peace

man, i dont have the 20 years experience Axl has had with doin' gigs, but ive had my fair shair n' still kickin' hard, n' when some dick is carryin' on in the crowd you handle it and handle it well, there is NO FK'n WAY i would let that fucker get the better of me!!

So unless your a musician babydolls you dont have a clue what your sayin', the hype and energy you get from back stage when waiting your cue to get up there is bigger and stronger then any high you can get, personally i think its better then sex nervous nervous hihi
ONE ?person or even TEN will never ruin it for me, i wont let them!!

....but like i said, i dont have the experience Axl has, so ill leave it there!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
waxlrick
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2007, 05:27:42 AM »

hmm - some comments here that axl let one person ruin the whole show for him and everyone else.? I'm just putting myself in the position of the entire band here.... you get to a new city.. the show is going along nicely, everyone is getting hyped..? Now we know GnR dont jump out as soon as Bach/support is off - so in the gap, they are most likely psyching up to get onstage and deliver a killer show.? To get that psyched up mentally takes a lot of mental preparation and you know how WTTJ is such a powerful opener - (amplified by robin's teasing intro notes) and the whole show does start on a very very high energy level, particularly for axl.? When you have one cock who, with one stupid idea, decides its a great idea to throw his drink at axl? or any band member in the first fkn song - well I think anyone would find it very difficult to get the energy back up again. Sure they had to wait for GnR to come onstage - so fkn what - big fkn deal. they waited years to see the band back in Oz, so whats a couple of hours - so hats off to the wanker who alone ruined the atmos with his pathetic drink-throwing in the first song.

So, it's heads up and onwards , this one's in the past - plenty more to look ofrward to.? ?peace

man, i dont have the 20 years experience Axl has had with doin' gigs, but ive had my fair shair n' still kickin' hard, n' when some dick is carryin' on in the crowd you handle it and handle it well, there is NO FK'n WAY i would let that fucker get the better of me!!

So unless your a musician babydolls you dont have a clue what your sayin', the hype and energy you get from back stage when waiting your cue to get up there is bigger and stronger then any high you can get, personally i think its better then sex nervous nervous hihi

....but like i said, i dont have the experience Axl has, so ill leave it there!!

It actually turns out that it was a soft dring (or soda pop, for our American friends) that hit him. Which makes more sence now because there is no way you could get grog into the actual arena.

I agree that I think it was poor form to let that effect the whole first half of the show. It wasnt fair on the rest of the crowd if this was the only thing that happened?? Mind you I was front and center on the floor section and I didn't see anything hit him?? I saw a plastic cup just miss him after he already stopped the song. Not that being hit by a plastic cup should worry anybody. There must be more to it than just that? He implied during the show that several things were going wrong. I think he was having one of his bipolar nights.......
waxlrick
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2007, 05:35:22 AM »

Patience - again one of the best I have seen or heard.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

But...(and I'm using your post only as an example of a trend I see) why does everyone seem to think that Axl just happens to do his best performance on the night that they went to the show?? hihi

I suppose it's a good thing.? Perhaps he's on top of his game to the extent that every audience leaves thinking he must have really just given them the show of a lifetime, which is great.? But the number of people who say that the BEST version of Song XYZ he's EVER done was right there in their city...well, it happens a lot.? I'm glad that people feel this way, because it means they probably feel like they saw a great show and got their money's worth.? But isn't it just a tiny possibility that Axl is a professional, and very good at what he does, such that he can give a very strong performance on a nightly basis?? Anyway, here's to more great shows!? beer

You're probably right? I have been an Axl/gnr for 18 years and like most people here I have heaps of bootlegs e.t.c. and am pretty familiar with Axl high & lows when it comes to performances so I watched and listened like a hawk at the show. Because I was so close to the stage I could see what he was putting in and I could hear really well and it just appeared to me that every note he hit was spot on. But I could have been caught up in the hype of it all.

In the case of Patience, they play it now like they used to in the early days. Mostly accustic until the final verse and and sounds great. Axl sings really sofly like on the CD.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:31:56 AM by waxlrick » Logged
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2007, 08:12:12 AM »

It actually turns out that it was a soft dring (or soda pop, for our American friends) that hit him. Which makes more sence now because there is no way you could get grog into the actual arena.

I agree that I think it was poor form to let that effect the whole first half of the show. It wasnt fair on the rest of the crowd if this was the only thing that happened?? Mind you I was front and center on the floor section and I didn't see anything hit him?? I saw a plastic cup just miss him after he already stopped the song. Not that being hit by a plastic cup should worry anybody. There must be more to it than just that? He implied during the show that several things were going wrong. I think he was having one of his bipolar nights.......

i was in the dead centre and i didnt see anythin' hit him either!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2007, 08:25:20 AM »

well - i was going on what I had heard about the gig so - obviously not being there myself its difficult to judge.

And yes, ClintroN I have had extensive experience of playing gigs in bands for years and performing in terms of acting and dancing on stage, film and tv - I dont know about calling myself a musician at the moment but I certainly been in a position of entertaining in front of a crowd on a professional basis many times. I do have a clue about what I'm saying and I dont know why you put my name in itallics! ah well, never mind. 

not everyone is able to rise above impromptu situations - GnR did for this show -which is great, but it sounds like it affected axl a fair bit to begin with.  Maybe not - maybe it was something else - again, not being there or seeing the drink/cup  hit/just miss him, I dont know.  was just trying to imagine how the energy shift would have been affected.

I imagine musicians the world over react differently to this kind of situation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: