Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  10 June 2007 Perth- Update Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10 June 2007 Perth- Update Thread  (Read 20627 times)
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2007, 02:08:32 PM »

did Axl talk anything interesting or funny?

love the timezone difference now, not having to stay up all night!  Grin

thanks for the updates people  ok

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
suicide
VIP

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2007, 02:08:58 PM »

I'll be pretty disappointed not to hear Madagascar on Wednesday if they leave it out but I'm hoping the reviews from Perth are going to great in terms of everything else excluding the left out songs. They seemed to hit the stage early so it makes it harder to understand why they wouldn't promote with at least one of them two tracks. Oh well.

well, as for us internet nerds (die hards) the setlist doesnt make sense...but, these people (id say most of them) arent familiar with the new band and songs and thats why they get the old stuff....
That's right, but a lot of the fans who attend the shows do follow the band through htgth or other boards and do know the new songs, do know the new members and do want to hear the new stuff. Who do they always play the same old songs when they should show that the new band can write music aswell?!?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 02:09:45 PM »

just got home from the show was prety nuts. Was a great show and Axl was in fine form i was 3 people from the front the whole time. wasnt really into the blues or irs but better is a great song live. i was surprised they just been playin alot of appetite for destruction songs and hardly nething off the illusions albums

hey there. glad you liked the show..did the crowd know the "new" songs and what about the "new" members (only 10 years or so in the band)?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 02:10:40 PM »

I'll be pretty disappointed not to hear Madagascar on Wednesday if they leave it out but I'm hoping the reviews from Perth are going to great in terms of everything else excluding the left out songs. They seemed to hit the stage early so it makes it harder to understand why they wouldn't promote with at least one of them two tracks. Oh well.

well, as for us internet nerds (die hards) the setlist doesnt make sense...but, these people (id say most of them) arent familiar with the new band and songs and thats why they get the old stuff....
That's right, but a lot of the fans who attend the shows do follow the band through htgth or other boards and do know the new songs, do know the new members and do want to hear the new stuff. Who do they always play the same old songs when they should show that the new band can write music aswell?!?

100% agreed...

slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »

urm not much of the crowd knew the newer songs but a few ppl were singing better around me and irs and they were received pretty well but the blues wasnt that great pretty boring. most people knew there was new band members but didnt realy know much about em. i think fink is a great player and so is fortus but bumblefoot and fortus were a bit overindulgent in there solos but i really like bumblefoots version of dont cry was really cool
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »

urm not much of the crowd knew the newer songs but a few ppl were singing better around me and irs and they were received pretty well but the blues wasnt that great pretty boring. most people knew there was new band members but didnt realy know much about em. i think fink is a great player and so is fortus but bumblefoot and fortus were a bit overindulgent in there solos but i really like bumblefoots version of dont cry was really cool

glad you enjoyed and thanks for the feedback..very cool of you...

kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 02:16:19 PM »

Anybody get hte boot for taking photos? Apparently security were keeping busy, wonder if that was in house or hired.
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 02:17:21 PM »

i dont know if it was mentioned but dizzy played the rolling stones angie and had a jam on the song Lowrider which was cool
oh and it was fuken great to see Sebastian bach even tho half the crowd knew fuk all skid row songs was disappointed in them but was awesome to see him and axl sing my michelle, i will never forget that
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:20:37 PM by slashvr86 » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »

According to mygnr, Axl and Bubbles did Liquor and Whores!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
guns_n_motley
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2007, 02:20:27 PM »

did axl say anything to the crowd??
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »

wen he was introducing bubbles he told us a story about the mexico shows they just played about how bubbles knew a guy down there so he was gonna fly in and apparently axls assistant said between 3 of them they 6 tequila bottles and that he hardly remembers the mexico show and that between songs hed go throw up and then go back and sing sum songs haha
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »

FUCK, doesn't bubbles sound like the coolest muthafucka there is??

I can't even imagine him getting drunk with axl  hihi

Like peeing clouds!
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2007, 02:27:26 PM »

wen he was introducing bubbles he told us a story about the mexico shows they just played about how bubbles knew a guy down there so he was gonna fly in and apparently axls assistant said between 3 of them they 6 tequila bottles and that he hardly remembers the mexico show and that between songs hed go throw up and then go back and sing sum songs haha

beer
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »

fuckin great i found that awesome by the way lol.

the one an only horsey !
guns_n_motley
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »

ya know, its good to hear Axl sounding happy. I think having Bubbles and Baz around are good for him!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »

This Show Was SOLD OUT.

Smiley

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »

Was GunnerDownUnder there too? I know he's been here forever and he's a big fan of the new lineup so I'd love to hear his feedback of the show if he was there! Glad for you anyways down unders... Wink
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 06:16:24 PM by Will » Logged

waxlrick
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »

Thanks guys - no Madagascar again?

I cant believe they didnt play it again? That is fucked!
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2007, 07:06:22 PM »

Mayby they dont wanna play to many new songs before CD is released.

(which means we may never again hear madagascar live)
gnrfresh
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

Thanks guys - no Madagascar again?

I cant believe they didnt play it again? That is fucked!

Yeah its a great song!

I'm going to Adelaide and the 2 Melbourne shows so Im hoping to here it there and would love it if the did Rocket Queen and Chinese Democracy.

I know alot of ppl bitch about the lack of change in the set list but for someone who was too young to have seen GnR back in 93- I cant wait to hear those songs live personaly and I think the main stream crowd would be dissapointed if they didnt hear 'the hits'.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: