Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Looks like Brain IS gone..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looks like Brain IS gone..  (Read 25233 times)
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 11, 2007, 01:45:36 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Join Forces With BOOTSY COLLINS In SCIENCE FICTION - June 11, 2007 

Greg Prato of Billboard.com reports that former GUNS N' ROSES members Buckethead (guitar) and Brain (drums) have joined forces with bassist Bootsy Collins in a new project dubbed SCIENCE FICTION.

SCIENCE FACTION's yet-to-be-titled debut (which is being co-produced by Collins and guitarist Greg Hampton) is set for worldwide release early next year, with a tour to follow. Song titles include "L.O.A.F. (Living on Another Frequency)", "Fatally Flawed Flesh", "Neuro World", and a track with a working title of "Living in Eden".

"We're looking at it like, 'What would happen if we wound up a situation down the line as we evolve, that our technology takes over and we are the ones that they're looking at as 'the scum of the earth'," Collins tells Billboard.com. "It's kind of like 'Planet of the Apes.' What would they be like? What would that feel like? We're just trying to warn the world that that's comin', and we're having fun with that."

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »

DAMN what a shame...hearin the name Buckethead brings a tear to my eye everytime.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:48:39 PM »

no he's not
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:51:26 PM »

no he's not

your right he just played with axl in australia last night
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »

no he's not

your right he just played with axl in australia last night

no, but brain himself has said that he'll be back when the record is out.. and that he will be "rocking out" with gnr sometime in 2007.. right now he's spending time with his family and side projects near his home.. that is what he has said and what is official until he, axl or someone else says otherwise (and by someone else i don't mean some random pesimistic fan Kiss)

let's see what mysteron says about this..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:57:01 PM by CheapJon » Logged
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »

is not big deal..
he is in hiatus
he will come back.. when the record is done and ready to realase
believe me

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 01:57:43 PM »

the fact that brain is in or out is like the release date for CHINESE DEMOCRACY its not confirmed yet Tongue

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »

why, when the energy live is good with frank switch back to brain....makes no sense...its hard to take anything somebody says with a -3 karma serious..
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Join Forces With BOOTSY COLLINS In SCIENCE FICTION - June 11, 2007?

Greg Prato of Billboard.com reports that former GUNS N' ROSES members Buckethead (guitar) and Brain (drums) have joined forces with bassist Bootsy Collins in a new project dubbed SCIENCE FICTION.

SCIENCE FACTION's yet-to-be-titled debut (which is being co-produced by Collins and guitarist Greg Hampton) is set for worldwide release early next year, with a tour to follow. Song titles include "L.O.A.F. (Living on Another Frequency)", "Fatally Flawed Flesh", "Neuro World", and a track with a working title of "Living in Eden".

"We're looking at it like, 'What would happen if we wound up a situation down the line as we evolve, that our technology takes over and we are the ones that they're looking at as 'the scum of the earth'," Collins tells Billboard.com. "It's kind of like 'Planet of the Apes.' What would they be like? What would that feel like? We're just trying to warn the world that that's comin', and we're having fun with that."

So because Brain is doing a project with Bootsy Collins, it means that he is no longer with GN'R?  Roll Eyes hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »

i think hes out...i've thought so for a long while

think about it he can record with Serj from Slipnot, with BH, he did another praxis album and has done numerous one off shows all since his kids been born. then he says that when CD comes out he MAY be back Roll Eyes seriously hes not gonna be back....

and on the off chance, if Brain comes back then I think that BH will be back also.... just my opinion peace

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 02:04:14 PM »

why, when the energy live is good with frank switch back to brain....makes no sense...its hard to take anything somebody says with a -3 karma serious..

you got your opinon while I got my facts.. that's all i need to know and care about..

what did mysteron say about it?

he can record with Serj from Slipnot,

that's system of a down Wink

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 02:05:05 PM »

I'm just glad Brain's getting to make music. ?He'a ?really talented guy, and the prospect of hearing he and Buckethead with Bootsy Collins is pretty exciting. ?The album sounds like a lot of fun. ?I'm looking forward to it.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 02:05:58 PM »

he can record with Serj from Slipnot,

that's system of a down Wink

haha oops i dont listen to either of those bands sorry hihi

I'm just glad Brain's getting to make music.? He'a? really talented guy

making his own music has to beat playing 20 year old songs that he had no hand in writing and prolly didnt even care for growing up

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:17:31 PM by Neemo » Logged

axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 02:17:14 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Join Forces With BOOTSY COLLINS In SCIENCE FICTION - June 11, 2007?

So because Brain is doing a project with Bootsy Collins, it means that he is no longer with GN'R?? Roll Eyes hihi
REAL band members don't go do side projects while the band itself is out on tour...he is no member of G N R at this point.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 02:21:30 PM »

Im sure he will always be with gnr /axl one way or another whether its playing live or royaltie payments ....but as of now on the cover looking in.......brain is not  with the band
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »

Who cares if he isn't?  I would rather have Frank.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »

Who cares if he isn't?? I would rather have Frank.

i , as well as many other people care because brain is a freakin' all-star. he was there since the re-incarnation of the band and went through the writing, recording, and touring since 2001. he makes the band so much better. i should know. ive been to over 40 "new" gnr shows..the shows with brain were much better, hands down...i hope he is still in the band...his absence from the band for the last 9 months or so can not be a good sign....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
guns_n_motley
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 02:38:33 PM »

brain is NOT out. he said in an intervew 2-3 weeks ago that hell be with Guns sometime in 2007, and will be back when CD is released
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 02:40:09 PM »

Good call CheapJon

DAMN what a shame...hearin the name Buckethead brings a tear to my eye everytime.

Oh, come on.
like MotherGoose said, the album sounds fun.

then he says that when CD comes out he MAY be back Roll Eyes seriously hes

Brain says he hopes to see us at concerts when cd comes out. Ooops, motley beat me.
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 02:41:45 PM »

brain is NOT out. he said in an intervew 2-3 weeks ago that hell be with Guns sometime in 2007, and will be back when CD is released

we will see. There are 26 teusdays left
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: