Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Looks like Brain IS gone..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looks like Brain IS gone..  (Read 25223 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »

yeah, come on. people who think he's only there for the check and actually believe in the jokes Brain make, really need to spend a little more time using their nugget.

exactly right! brain's sense of humor is a lot of tongue-and-cheek. he put his time and heart and soul into the album and touring...he is greatly missed.....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »

yeah, come on. people who think he's only there for the check and actually believe in the jokes Brain make, really need to spend a little more time using their nugget.

exactly right! brain's sense of humor is a lot of tongue-and-cheek. he put his time and heart and soul into the album and touring...he is greatly missed.....

absolutely. he was half of the attraction of the current GN'R for me.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »

absolutely. he was half of the attraction of the current GN'R for me.

here, here. im with you...the other half was the man from another planet......

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2007, 03:16:23 PM »

I saw Brain once, and Frank twice.  I would have like for Brain to stuck with the band through out the tours.  He has been playing live with them since 2001.  But you never know why he took the time off.  He might really need to be with his wife and child and cannot commit to a long world tour.  However, the energy with Frank on the drums is clearly noticeable, and Frank looks like he loves being on stage.

Sometimes I got the impression Brain was just there for the check kind of going through the motions.  Whereas Frank genuinely seems to love being in GnR.  Brain is a great drummer, I think Frank is a better fit for Guns N Roses personally

I have never gotten that impression.  He just makes smart ass remarks in interviews to fuck with people and they take it seriously.  I remember an interview where he talked about how proud he was of the music GN'R has made.

Ali

I'm not really talking about the interview where he said the paycheck was great.  There was an interview a while back though where Brain said that he hopes that "they" release because it might be "their" Led Zeppelin (can't remember which album he said).  I think it was actually the same interview where he said he was very proud of the work he'd done and that he'd help write some of the songs

I have no doubt Brain worked hard and he did some great work, his drumming on TWAT and Chinese Democracy is great IMO.  But it seemed like he never really considered himself a member of the band.  And people talk about this band being Axl and his session musicians but I think that's a huge insult to guys like Dizzy, Tommy, Richard and Robin in particular. 

Anyway it's no disrespect to Brain.  I've seen him live both with GnR and with the Colonel Claypool project with Les and Buckethead, he's a great drummer.  I just never got the imprssion that he was totally into the GnR thing, more like he came in, laid down some drums, wrote some parts, gave some input and went on with his life.  That could be totally false, it's just the impression I get for some reason.  Frank just seems to be more into it from my angle.  But I'm happy with either
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »

I have no doubt Brain worked hard and he did some great work, his drumming on TWAT and Chinese Democracy is great IMO.? But it seemed like he never really considered himself a member of the band.? And people talk about this band being Axl and his session musicians but I think that's a huge insult to guys like Dizzy, Tommy, Richard and Robin in particular.?

i agree. but you need to add brain's name to the list. don't forget, he was there before richard. he's been there pretty much from the start of the new incarnation of the band. these guys are all-stars, not a backing band. they deserve their due. thats why i hope the album comes out so people besides us internet nerds can get to appreciate them....? ?

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »

^ Well said.

I agree.

whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »

I saw Brain once, and Frank twice.? I would have like for Brain to stuck with the band through out the tours.? He has been playing live with them since 2001.? But you never know why he took the time off.? He might really need to be with his wife and child and cannot commit to a long world tour.? However, the energy with Frank on the drums is clearly noticeable, and Frank looks like he loves being on stage.

Sometimes I got the impression Brain was just there for the check kind of going through the motions.? Whereas Frank genuinely seems to love being in GnR.? Brain is a great drummer, I think Frank is a better fit for Guns N Roses personally

I have never gotten that impression.? He just makes smart ass remarks in interviews to fuck with people and they take it seriously.? I remember an interview where he talked about how proud he was of the music GN'R has made.

Ali

I'm not really talking about the interview where he said the paycheck was great.? There was an interview a while back though where Brain said that he hopes that "they" release because it might be "their" Led Zeppelin (can't remember which album he said).? I think it was actually the same interview where he said he was very proud of the work he'd done and that he'd help write some of the songs

I have no doubt Brain worked hard and he did some great work, his drumming on TWAT and Chinese Democracy is great IMO.? But it seemed like he never really considered himself a member of the band.? And people talk about this band being Axl and his session musicians but I think that's a huge insult to guys like Dizzy, Tommy, Richard and Robin in particular.?

Anyway it's no disrespect to Brain.? I've seen him live both with GnR and with the Colonel Claypool project with Les and Buckethead, he's a great drummer.? I just never got the imprssion that he was totally into the GnR thing, more like he came in, laid down some drums, wrote some parts, gave some input and went on with his life.? That could be totally false, it's just the impression I get for some reason.? Frank just seems to be more into it from my angle.? But I'm happy with either

it was led zeppelin II

and you're right: frank seems to be more into it; but brain is the more impressing drummer...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 03:32:09 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2007, 10:39:29 PM »

Brain just drums and likes to have a good time/play a lot of stuff....

He doesn't give a fuck if he's known for being in gnr or not imo... I wouldn't rule out him coming back if the new band finally played a setlist that was half new/half old.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2007, 03:57:30 AM »

these guys are all-stars, not a backing band. they deserve their due.

They really are, and they really do.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »

oh well hihi

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
VIP

« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »

^
Play a CD of Brain drumming then play a CD of Frank playing and I guarantee u won't tell the difference.

I have heard nothing he has done in GNR that is irreplaceable.

The live boots I have seen he didnt exactly blow me away.  He is no Tommy Lee,Lars Ulrich,Dave Grohl or Steven Adler.

rofl

out of those four only Grohl is decent.

Brain has a groove. Not many does.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2007, 07:49:55 PM »

I love what I heard on TWAT and as with Buckethead, really hope any contributions that he made remain intact.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: