Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Looks like Brain IS gone..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looks like Brain IS gone..  (Read 25086 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »

He's not on leave due to his kid though - he decided to take a break until the album comes out - he got sick of playing AFD and wanted to go back playing his own stuff. When the album comes out, it will be up to Axl whether to ask him back or not. That decision may not have been made yet.
Did he tell you he's sick of playing AFD personally?  Assuming, aren't we?  A better conspiracy theory would be he's sick of waiting for the album to be dropped.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »

Brain doesn't feel like playing greatest hits +4 every night.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:49 PM »

I like brain, but in the scheme of things, hes just a drummer. Gnr has gone through what Huh 4-5 drummers. no biggie!! hihi

The best post so far.
Who really cares; the band will still go on.

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »

can we get a break down of how many people axl has stuck a gnr sticker on ?
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2007, 11:14:13 PM »

^
Play a CD of Brain drumming then play a CD of Frank playing and I guarantee u won't tell the difference.

I dare you to find a recording of Frank playing original material in which the rhythm section is anywhere near as creative as a Praxis record, or a Primus record, or any of Brain's other work. Comparing the two of them playing GNR songs is ludicrous, both Frank and Brain are more than capable of living up to Steven Adler's "high" standards.

Simple question; Given the option who would you rather record with, Brain or Frank? Saying "it doesn't matter, they're both drummers" does a disservice  to both of them.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2007, 12:49:32 AM »

^
Play a CD of Brain drumming then play a CD of Frank playing and I guarantee u won't tell the difference.

I dare you to find a recording of Frank playing original material in which the rhythm section is anywhere near as creative as a Praxis record, or a Primus record, or any of Brain's other work. Comparing the two of them playing GNR songs is ludicrous, both Frank and Brain are more than capable of living up to Steven Adler's "high" standards.

Simple question; Given the option who would you rather record with, Brain or Frank? Saying "it doesn't matter, they're both drummers" does a disservice? to both of them.

I can understand people who are nostalgic for the "original" band, but the fascination with Adler's drumming as in the post on the previous page boggles my mind.  Either one of these guys can play the cowbell and count to 4 as well as he could (better if I might add my opinion).  I saw the band twice last year...once with Brain and once with Frank and the positives about both are that they play great and fit in well with the other members.  This is all speculation until Axl or Brain says differently!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2007, 03:00:23 AM »

I hope to see Brain back on tour with the band at some point.   

Not that Frank doesn't do the job well, he rocks too and if it is gonna be Frank from now on, thats cool with me too.    I've seen the band with Brain 3 times and Frank once and both are great performers.     Brain is technically superior, but Frank makes up for it with his attitude and the way he pounds those drums so fucking hard.   some songs I prefer Brain (chinese democracy), some Frank (mr brownstone).   
fortus07
Opening Act

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »

is not big deal..
he is in hiatus
he will come back.. when the record is done and ready to realase
believe me

I really dont like that. If he wants to be in GNR its my opinion he should be in the band full time.

If i was Ferrer Id feel like i got the shitty end of the stick if axl was just like, yeah, we dont need you anymore especially since he is awesome.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2007, 09:31:31 AM »

is not big deal..
he is in hiatus
he will come back.. when the record is done and ready to realase
believe me

I really dont like that. If he wants to be in GNR its my opinion he should be in the band full time.

If i was Ferrer Id feel like i got the shitty end of the stick if axl was just like, yeah, we dont need you anymore especially since he is awesome.

Ferrer got the biggest break of his career last year filling in for Brain on the drums.  I highly doubt he feels short changed, and his enthusiasm on stage reflects that.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2007, 09:42:15 AM »

i doubt that Brain will be back.
I am surprised that anyone thinks he might return anyway  hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »

Its a bit rude for him to say he wont be back until CD is released. Like the rest of the shows aren't important, but as long as he's on the music video and in the national TV appearances he's happy. Its like getting someone else to do your job while you take the day off, and then taking credit for the massive project they complete.

I like both drummers, but I don't like how Brain is handling the situation. Stay at home with the family, fine, but why go off making numerous side projects and such? They must be involving some sort of travel as well.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »

See new thread containing unaltered article.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »

I'm just glad Brain's getting to make music. ?He'a ?really talented guy, and the prospect of hearing he and Buckethead with Bootsy Collins is pretty exciting. ?

Maybe they are doing cover songs from AFD? hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »

Its a bit rude for him to say he wont be back until CD is released. Like the rest of the shows aren't important, but as long as he's on the music video and in the national TV appearances he's happy. Its like getting someone else to do your job while you take the day off, and then taking credit for the massive project they complete.

I like both drummers, but I don't like how Brain is handling the situation. Stay at home with the family, fine, but why go off making numerous side projects and such? They must be involving some sort of travel as well.

How can you be so certain of what in Brain's mind? assuming aren't you?

If my memory serves me correctly, Brain said he would be coming back.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »

I wonder if is so relavant that Brian come back?, I don't think so.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »

i doubt that Brain will be back.
I am surprised that anyone thinks he might return anyway  hihi

i think it sucks that we/they put our selves in this situation where we question "who's the band member"

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »

Its wise thinking, having 2 drummers.

If Frank gets sick, Im sure Brain would be more than happy to step in.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »

The live boots I have seen he didnt exactly blow me away.  He is no Tommy Lee,Lars Ulrich,Dave Grohl or Steven Adler.

Are you serious?

And you want to be a professional musician?

Adding to the fact that Tommy Lee isn't really a respectable drummer at all.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2007, 07:25:26 PM »

The live boots I have seen he didnt exactly blow me away.? He is no Tommy Lee,Lars Ulrich,Dave Grohl or Steven Adler.

Are you serious?

And you want to be a professional musician?

Adding to the fact that Tommy Lee isn't really a respectable drummer at all.

he isnt?? almost EVERY single drummer for new metal bands has him in their list of top influences.

Tommy is a great drummer.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »

Yeah, drummers in metal bands, they're good too.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: