Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  difference in the mood between the Mexico shows and Austrailia?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: difference in the mood between the Mexico shows and Austrailia?  (Read 3787 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:53:03 AM »

is it me, but when mexico shows were happening it seemed the vibe wasnt as good.

but now the austrailia shows, it seems the vibe within the band is great, everyones having fun and axl seems EXTREMELY happy.

hopefully axl being really happy is a good sign as to CD coming out soon.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:01:47 AM »

Maybe, just maybe something happened in the gap between the Mexico and Australia shows... Something good? Chinese Democracy? *cough*  peace

This is just pure speculation...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 09:06:18 AM »

mabye because Australians are actually appreciative of gnr , no matter how late they start,
and that they dont caus riots, and dont light their tshirts on fire, because of Gnr not starting when They want them to...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 09:25:52 AM »

Its could be simply put down to a well planned tour with plenty of down time between shows, seemingly well organized accommodation and travel, things to do, see, partake in also seem to be timetabled by the tour promoter. I'd also imagine customs and local governments are a hell of a lot more relaxed here then they are in places like Mexico. I applaud the promoters whether this be the case or not of course.

For those who want to speculate there is plenty there though, band is full of jokes, lenient is what is said to fans and reporters, allowance of photography and singings, teasing guitar and drums. Extra shows, playing to demand, a growing set-list etc. There is also little reason to play Brisbane before Sydney as it is well out the way considering the route they have been taking. Other then a couple of days in the Gold Coast, Australia's premier holiday destination.
Perhaps Sydney will see a more talkative Axl Rose still. No news at all is still better then news of snide in house comments and cancellations.

Each day that passes is a day closer to that announcement. More delays or not.
ironrose
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »

Maybe it will sound stupid to you all guys .But Just hypothesizing ,may the reason be tequila?
You all ?remember that Axl did mention of how he was sick.He kept go to the backstage between the songs and throw up, because of tequila that he drank.Smiley

noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »

From my point of view this can have two reasons:
1 Mexico  was the start of the tour, after having several cancellations etc. So they might have been nervous.
2 I had in the past also the impression that Axl feels more at home in English speaking countries. He then talks some more, smiles more, makes more jokes etc. I did not study all the concerts, but it's my impression after what I've seen.

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »

Are you suggesting Axl is an angry drunk? Well...I never  rofl

You may have a point there. Excessive Tequila will make for some nice rasp though.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 02:36:54 PM »

that tastes like shoe polish.i would throw up too.i like axl in the better mood,it's a good thing.

the one an only horsey !
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »

mabye because Australians are actually appreciative of gnr , no matter how late they start,
and that they dont caus riots, and dont light their tshirts on fire, because of Gnr not starting when They want them to...

If you're saying Mexicans weren't appreciative of Guns N' Roses then you obviously weren't there.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »

is it me, but when mexico shows were happening it seemed the vibe wasnt as good.

but now the austrailia shows, it seems the vibe within the band is great, everyones having fun and axl seems EXTREMELY happy.

hopefully axl being really happy is a good sign as to CD coming out soon.
How would you know unless you attended the shows in both places? What  is "bad vibe" impression based  upon?
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »

that tastes like shoe polish.i would throw up too.i like axl in the better mood,it's a good thing.

I thought you "banned" yourself?

Anyways, I think it's cause Axl just liked the atmosphere better then he did in Mexico.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
cattye
Headliner

queen of tumbledown

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »

From my point of view this can have two reasons:
1 Mexico? was the start of the tour, after having several cancellations etc. So they might have been nervous.
2 I had in the past also the impression that Axl feels more at home in English speaking countries. He then talks some more, smiles more, makes more jokes etc. I did not study all the concerts, but it's my impression after what I've seen.

That's what I was thinking... he was probably nervous about playing again after the long break between tours.? And I agree maybe he's more comfortable in front of English speaking audiences knowing they can understand him talking better (his jokes etc)
 Smiley

Forgive them that tear down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
And free them so that they may know
That it's never too late
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 03:13:57 AM »

Maybe it's because Axl was playing to huge oudoor stadiums in Mexico - in Australia the concerts are held indoors - cosy....!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 03:24:02 AM »

GNR have been spot on time 11pm every Australian show havent they?

In Mel, Baz was told to leave stage early so GNR could get out and play!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 03:53:42 AM »

Just because Axl is caught having a good time, you think this pertains to CD??  I hope your right, but I think its the alcohol hes consuming putting him into a good mood, he could care less about CD in my opinion.
Megaguns
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 04:44:16 AM »

I say its because axl probably hasnt been to Aus in 14 years, Where as hes probably been to alot of other places on holidays and stuff over the years, Australia loves GnR, And they know it.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »

GNR have been spot on time 11pm every Australian show havent they?

In Mel, Baz was told to leave stage early so GNR could get out and play!

No the saturday show was more like 11.40pm at least I think.

Whats interesting was I felt there was a really different vibe on the saturday from the friday...any other melbourne dudes think this?
badapple81
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 05:13:51 AM »

I didnt go to Saturday. How did it differ?

I think may have added in RQ and ditched a new song cos I felt the reaction to the new stuff wasnt that crash hot on Friday.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 05:21:31 AM »

Apparently security had to evict a lot of people on Saturday night.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 05:40:25 AM »

I didnt go to Saturday. How did it differ?

I think may have added in RQ and ditched a new song cos I felt the reaction to the new stuff wasnt that crash hot on Friday.

Well the crowed was a lot more into it all on saturday night it seemed to me. Like doing mexiacan waves before the show and that kind of thing. Also there seemed to be a lot more drunk people. LOL. But i also felt Axl gave a stronger performance on that night too.

Be interested to see if others felt the same...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: