Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash "Looking Forward" to Chinese Democracy  (Read 30594 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.? ?

in your humble opinion ofcourse....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 05:57:36 PM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.   

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.   Those are the facts.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to. Those are the facts.

Holy shit... Give it a rest....
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »

calling your opinion a fact is annoying
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 07:25:27 PM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.? ?

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.? ?Those are the facts.

I don't disagree with you, but the truth is they're two bands trying to do two different things musically.  There's room to enjoy them both should you choose to do so.

Ali
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 07:36:27 PM »

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to. ? Those are the facts.

I suspect Slash is hardly concerned about any of the New GNR's songs supplanting the GNR songs everyone knows and loves, songs which he happened to play lead guitar on all of. His legacy isn't affected one iota if the New GNR songs are better than the VR ones. Unless CD some how supplants Appetite (based on what we have heard not likely) as the most popular and significant GNR record ever, then both VR and New GNR will always be thought of as second tier projects. One band's music being less mediocre than the others isn't going to impress anyone when both proved to make inferior music without eachother compared to their efforts as a unit.

Let's say you and a friend are business partners and each make a million a year. Say you split up and you make 500,000 a year and he makes 400,000. Are you a winner because you make 100,000 more than he does, or are you both losers because you are making drastically less separately than you were together? Fill in VR and New GNR in that scenario and you see how trivial it will be in terms of the VR vs. New GNR debate if the general public is left thinking neither band was anywhere near what the original GNR was at their peak.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.? ?Those are the facts.

And what does it mean that GnR plays almost all of AFD?  And a handful of ChiDem songs?  or the album hasnt been released yet? 
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »

Hardly factual, just your opinion stated as such.

So chill.

And that's not a request.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »

its surprising he is looking forward to it since everything we've heard thats gonna be on Chinese Democracy blows VR's mediocre material out of the water.   

The GnR songs are on an entirely different level that VR does not reach or even come close to.   Those are the facts.

I don't disagree with you, but the truth is they're two bands trying to do two different things musically.  There's room to enjoy them both should you choose to do so.

Ali

i've listened to libertad (or at least attempted to) at least 6 or 7 times these last few days. I DID try to enjoy both but I can't get into Libertad.  Not my fault and you can't expect everyone to love your precious VR.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »

And what does it mean that GnR plays almost all of AFD?  And a handful of ChiDem songs?  or the album hasnt been released yet? 

doesn't mean a damn thing.  It means GnR is playing GnR songs and the album hasn't come out yet. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.  Those songs all are simply above what VR does.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:20:32 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »

So chill.

sorry Mr. VR Mod, I'm frightened really.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.? Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

Again, what everyone has been saying is that is YOUR opinion. I actually think theres songs on Libertad better than most of those, however I like TWAT more than everything on it and everything you listed. Thats my opinion, it is not a "FACT". No one was trying to convince you you were wrong for liking those songs better, they were saying you were wrong for calling your view fact. Green is a color=fact. Gravity exists=fact. New GnR is better than VR=opinion. Follow?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2007, 11:09:47 PM »

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.? Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

You've made you're opinion very clear, why the need to beat people over the head with it?

You're not being insightful, just inciteful.

So again, chill the fuck out.

And again...NOT a request.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 11:22:25 PM »

Ali

i've listened to libertad (or at least attempted to) at least 6 or 7 times these last few days. I DID try to enjoy both but I can't get into Libertad.  Not my fault and you can't expect everyone to love your precious VR.

And you can't expect everyone to love Axl and Co GNR Version  ( what is this now ) like 4.0 , 2 good bands that I can dig. To me , I think Slash really pushed Axl to his creative edge as did Axl to Slash. No one else can take them to that level. Axl really has no body of work for me to judge of now , I've heard demos and I didn't like but , they are DEMOS I refuse to judge him on that alone. The better leak was pretty damn cool I will say , but it felt to me a s if he was trying to do too many things at one time. I mean their is a crazy virtouso solo , then a wierd keyboard fill , followed by a CLASSIC slash type solo.... too much things in one but I will say that besides some things it was a good song. Anyways no ones opinion is a fact , Im sure Axl will listen to Slash's body of work and Will axl , Hell im sure somewhere Izzy is listening to all of them. These guys where practically family. beer Why can't we get along.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 11:26:52 PM »

So chill.

You can't tell me VR creates masterpiece epic songs like Madagascar or The Blues, or solid rockers like Chinese Democracy or Better.  Those songs all are simply above what VR does.

You've made you're opinion very clear, why the need to beat people over the head with it?

what are you going to do, give me another fucking karma?    I'm simply stating my thoughts on Libertad like everyone else.    I think this is bullshit.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 11:29:08 PM »

So chill.

what are you going to do, give me another fucking karma?    I'm simply stating my thoughts on Libertad like everyone else.    I think this is bullshit.

But you keep re stating it over and over we get it dude , you dont like VR. What more do you want?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

And you can't expect everyone to love Axl and Co GNR Version  ( what is this now ) li

well if you are on a GNR board in the year 2007, yes I would expect you like this incarnation of the band.

Just as if I was posting on a true Velvet Revolver forum, I'd expect that I'm a fan of that band.  But I'm not so I don't post there.  I post here from the POV of a GnR fan.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35:24 PM »

what are you going to do, give me another fucking karma?

Yep

?

I'm simply stating my thoughts on Libertad like everyone else.? ?

Over and over, we know how you feel now give it a fucking rest.

?
I think this is bullshit.

I could care less.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »

And you can't expect everyone to love Axl and Co GNR Version  ( what is this now ) li

well if you are on a GNR board in the year 2007, yes I would expect you like this incarnation of the band.

Just as if I was posting on a true Velvet Revolver forum, I'd expect that I'm a fan of that band.  But I'm not so I don't post there.  I post here from the POV of a GnR fan.

Has it ever occured to you that people may come here that like the OLD gnr? I think what axl has done with the band and the name is disgusting but im not shoving down any ones throat. 
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2007, 12:52:03 AM »

i saw GNR live recently i felt that the guitarists were a bit overindulgent in their solos a bit too much guitar masturbation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: