Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R tattoos (pics, suggestions, ideas)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R tattoos (pics, suggestions, ideas)  (Read 222591 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2006, 02:52:30 PM »

I have the Bad Apple logo tated on my arm.. nobody knows what it is..

Cool, I don't know what that logo looks like.

Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2006, 03:01:47 PM »

See but those are cool, a girl could see that and just think... "cool tattoo!" not "Wow, he has a Guns N' Roses tattoo."

Because a girl wouldn't know that it was GNR...?  No chauvinism there!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2006, 03:03:30 PM »

See but those are cool, a girl could see that and just think... "cool tattoo!" not "Wow, he has a Guns N' Roses tattoo."

Because a girl wouldn't know that it was GNR...?? No chauvinism there!

Girls who know that much about GN'R don't get dates. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 03:06:12 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2006, 03:09:56 PM »

[img]I'd go with what most people on here are saying - get whatever you want but make sure you really fucking want it. ?This is not an issue for discussion with a random internet board, this is something you'll have marked on you for life. ?Sure it's nice to maybe have someone back up your design by saying 'cool' or whatever, but are they the ones who're gonna live with it inscribed onto their skin til death or laser surgery? ?

As others have said, keep your design on you for a while - a year or so preferably. ?If you still like it then, you know it's right for you. ?It's amazing how few people who do this regret their ink. ?And it's unsurprising how many people who rush into their tattoos hate them after a while. ?If this tattoo means so much to you and is so important that you *have* to have it on you, then surely you owe it to yourself to make sure it's as well thought out and planned as it ever could be?

On a similar note though, I too have GnR related ink. ?It's based on an idea I had when I was about 17 for a tattoo. ?I kept putting it off and putting it off as I didn't want a band tattoo and I didn't want writing. ?However, the idea just kept coming back and coming back and 8 years later, I decided it was very fucking right for me after all. ?It's very personal and well thought out. ?It doesn't look like much and it's only tiny but it's exactly how I wanted it... ?I wanted it to look like I'd always imagined it would, like it always looked in my sketches. ?It might look handwritten and not very detailed, but that's how I planned it. ?Only thing I didn't plan was knocking the scab during healing, so the 'e' needs touching up! ?It's a lot brighter irl too. ?Here's a picture anyway:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/Estranged_UK/?action=view&current=done.jpg
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2006, 03:15:49 PM »

Oh hell, let me go get some popcorn and watch the fireworks that this starts

As far as tatoos, you better feel very strong about what you choose. For Christ sakes don't put a boyfriend/girlfriends name on you.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

Oh hell, let me go get some popcorn and watch the fireworks that this starts

As far as tatoos, you better feel very strong about what you choose. For Christ sakes don't put a boyfriend/girlfriends name on you.

LOL, Barbie567 already sent me a PM. It was a joke people, I married a bloody Goth chick... she listens to The Cure.

Settle down... hehe, I thought it was funny.? Grin

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2006, 03:17:16 PM »

the one the guy had wanted in the begining of the thread... hold up ill see if i can find a pic of the tat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/kockstar99/badapple.jpg

heres a link to it... it looks kind of plain in this pic since i have a big green dragons tail around it now ... alot of people on the 1st page said dont get it but i get alot of compliments on it and nobody knows what it is...One time when i met Nikki Sixx even he asked me what it was.....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 03:20:53 PM by leesixxrose » Logged
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 03:39:23 PM »

the best way to decide what tattoo to get is to get totally shitfaced then go.  hihi my mate has i love skidrow on his arm  rofl  rofl

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »

Holy fucking shit  nervous

Do you look at that every day and think "Wow I made a great decision getting this tattoo?"

Not to be rude or anything...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »

the one the guy had wanted in the begining of the thread... hold up ill see if i can find a pic of the tat

heres a link to it... it looks kind of plain in this pic since i have a big green dragons tail around it now ... alot of people on the 1st page said dont get it but i get alot of compliments on it and nobody knows what it is...One time when i met Nikki Sixx even he asked me what it was.....

Very cool!!!

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2006, 03:50:46 PM »

Wow Shocked Looks really, really good. I couldn't ever take that big tattoo.. I salute you ;P
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2006, 03:53:02 PM »

Wow Shocked Looks really, really good. I couldn't ever take that big tattoo.. I salute you ;P

very cool tatoo man! I salute you too!  ok

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2006, 04:14:51 PM »

Holy fucking shit? nervous

Do you look at that every day and think "Wow I made a great decision getting this tattoo?"

Not to be rude or anything...

lol.. no i dont even think of it... i have another portrait of Axl on my leg that i dont have a pic of but its a black and white that has axl singing and i put W.W.A.D above it... 

If anyone wants to get a GnR tattoo why the hell not... all the members, road crew, friends, girlfriends all have alot of ink.. If anyone doesnt like it screw em...  I think they are cool tributes to the band and the music... i never regret any of em and i work in an uptight office full of self important pricks... i wear short sleeves all the time too...  no ive never regretted any.
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »

Please try to post a pic of the other tat - WWAD is fucking priceless.  I need to see that.   ok
Elrothiel
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »

lol.. no i dont even think of it... i have another portrait of Axl on my leg that i dont have a pic of but its a black and white that has axl singing and i put W.W.A.D above it...

AWESOME!!! peace ok

Although.... Curses!! Now *I* can't get W.W.A.D. dammit!! Damn you LeeSixxRose! *shakes fist*
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »

well i dissagree with not getting gnr specific ones, im very very happy with mine, unless its because its on my back and i don't have to see it unless i want to Smiley but thats one of the reasons for getting it on my back, i thought about it for almost a year, all the ins and outs and little thoughts about what could go wrong and whther or not id regret it but i eventually decided id love to get it done and i chose my back as then if i ever did "not like it" i could just not look at it Smiley

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »

AWESOME!!! peace ok

Although.... Curses!! Now *I* can't get W.W.A.D. dammit!! Damn you LeeSixxRose! *shakes fist*

sure you can.. theres always room for two
Elrothiel
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »

AWESOME!!! peace ok

sure you can.. theres always room for two

Hmmm... well I guess I could get mine done differently.... smoking hihi peace
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:27 PM »

I actually have a GNR specific tattoo on my arm as well - I got it in 2001 - It says GN'R in red, and has tribal thorns going around it. ?In size it's around 3x3. ?I love it - I have been a fan my whole life, i'm 28 and always wanted a GNR related tattoo. ?I thought it out for a long time and made sure it was what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier.

My two cents. . . .

Wake up. . . .time to die
Elrothiel
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »

IllusionOne... picture please!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: