Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release  (Read 20062 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »

they are already in japan. the gear is in japan. why not play live earth in japan? how could they not be asked to play there? makes little sense. japan needs a big headliner also....*shakes head*

I don't think the entire band is in Japan right now. I read at the rope that there is a belated birthday party for Dizzy at the Cat Club on Saturday night and hes leaving for Japan on Monday.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »

they are already in japan. the gear is in japan. why not play live earth in japan? how could they not be asked to play there? makes little sense. japan needs a big headliner also....*shakes head*

I don't think the entire band is in Japan right now. I read at the rope that there is a belated birthday party for Dizzy at the Cat Club on Saturday night and hes leaving for Japan on Monday.

well, who knows where they are now. it wouldnt make much sense to fly all the way back to cali and then back to japan again...but maybe they are, i dont know. but its strange how they couldnt make it happen for live earth japan since they are playing there just a few days after live earth so it would be perfect tour scheduling to do live earth...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 07:02:03 PM »

well, who knows where they are now. it wouldnt make much sense to fly all the way back to cali and then back to japan again...but maybe they are, i dont know.

Depends what you think makes sense.

If you have over a week off and haven't seen your family since May or early June, maybe you'd fly home too.

but its strange how they couldnt make it happen for live earth japan since they are playing there just a few days after live earth so it would be perfect tour scheduling to do live earth...

Who couldn't make it happen?

I assume they is the band since they have shows in Japan starting next week. As you can see, they offered to play but they weren't asked.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 07:06:36 PM »

well, who knows where they are now. it wouldnt make much sense to fly all the way back to cali and then back to japan again...but maybe they are, i dont know.

Depends what you think makes sense.

If you have over a week off and haven't seen your family since May or early June, maybe you'd fly home too.

but its strange how they couldnt make it happen for live earth japan since they are playing there just a few days after live earth so it would be perfect tour scheduling to do live earth...

Who couldn't make it happen?

I assume they is the band since they have shows in Japan starting next week. As you can see, they offered to play but they weren't asked.

/jarmo

no, let me clear it up. by "they" i meant the live earth japan promoter. i cant believe they didnt ask the  band to play....they need gnr there. i still think there is a chance it happens or so im hoping....

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 07:08:29 PM »

Ok, I got confused there because you used "they" to refer to both the band and organizers in one sentence.

My apologies.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »

Ok, I got confused there because you used "they" to refer to both the band and organizers in one sentence.

My apologies.

/jarmo

not a problem...my point is that im baffled by the promoter in japan..it would be a 5 minute call...unreal...

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »

My apologies.

/jarmo

not a problem...my point is that im baffled by the promoter in japan..it would be a 5 minute call...unreal...

you think it's that easy to organize? hihi no
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2007, 07:14:36 PM »

My apologies.

/jarmo

yes i do...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 07:16:10 PM »

Bunch of bands pretending to be about a cause just to promote themselves and their albums..............................

For Christ sake man. How do you know why they are playing? Can't you just be comfortable taking their word that they are playing a show because they actually believe in a cause? Or find the cause admirable?

Lets see
How bout all the gas and CO2 that will be emitted by all the traffic driving to and from the concerts?

How bout all the excess power and energy ?that will be used by the bands playing all day long in all these different cities?

If u don't think bands do festivals like this for good publicity and exposure u are dillusional.

Im not sayin All bands but I guarantee a great percentage could care less.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »

Bunch of bands pretending to be about a cause just to promote themselves and their albums..............................

For Christ sake man. How do you know why they are playing? Can't you just be comfortable taking their word that they are playing a show because they actually believe in a cause? Or find the cause admirable?

Lets see
How bout all the gas and CO2 that will be emitted by all the traffic driving to and from the concerts?

How bout all the excess power and energy  that will be used by the bands playing all day long in all these different cities?

That is being offset after the event by the organizers who are going to be donating a lot of money to help develop more renewable energy sources and to plant more trees etc...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

At this point, where there's not enough time to make GNR perform, all I would like to know is why the hell the organizers have rejected GNR for Australia/Japan. I cant imagine what the reasons could be... I try to put myself in their minds, but I still dont see any possible reason(s).

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »

That would've been awesome, Axl with Lenny  drool

I remember at the Hammerstein show on the 14th I looked back on the side balcony and Lenny was there with Adrianna Lima. They were really enjoying the show. He was also at the acoustic show at Plumm for Rosario Dawson.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »

My apologies.

/jarmo

yes i do...

After Kravitz cancelled, the logistics of getting the whole band and crew set up in Asia would have been a nightmare on such short notice. it would be nice if Axl could do a guest appearance though.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »

At this point, where there's not enough time to make GNR perform, all I would like to know is why the hell the organizers have rejected GNR for Australia/Japan. I cant imagine what the reasons could be... I try to put myself in their minds, but I still dont see any possible reason(s).

Thing is they werent even asked for those areas!!! Mabye they didnt look to see where GNR was touring... Probally thought they were idle...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »

Thing is they werent even asked for those areas!!! Mabye they didnt look to see where GNR was touring... Probally thought they were idle...

One reason not asking GNR to do those places probably were time schedule.. not the for gnr but for the ones already in the line up..
like they have dozens of bands, meaning dozens of contracts saying this band will play between this and this period of time etc. they couldn't fit? GNR into that schedule because in one contract it says, this band will start it all, and another this band will be the grande finale..
we GNR fans can't think of a better band to either open this or close it but just because we want it to happen don't make it a 5 minute call
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »

They have Linkin Park who, whether you like it or not, is bigger than GNR now.

Besides, you might not recognize any names on that Japan list, but I'd imagine most of them are japanese musicians that are probably huge in their country.

I think the guy who posted above me got it right though. They probably couldn't be added due to scheduling.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »

Very cool to get a statement about this.  Maybe it's cuz I don't get around other forums much, but I hadn't seen much controversy or bashing about them NOT playing Live Earth or anything like that.  To me, it seemed that we got statements to dispel rumors or to clarify questions that were being argued about.  Then again, that's just my memory...I'm probably wrong on that hihi

Seeing them perform at any of these shows would have been awesome.   beer

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
keno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »

Besides, you might not recognize any names on that Japan list, but I'd imagine most of them are japanese musicians that are probably huge in their country.

They are all big inside Japan, mainly amongst young generation except for YMO (Ryuichi Sakamoto is in the band). I would imagine that Live Earth in Japan is a well-prepared music festival where many record companies are behind and they don't like any surprise,?anything spontanous....

It is a pity.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 09:31:57 PM by keno » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 08:12:59 PM »

Lets see

How bout all the excess power and energy ?that will be used by the bands playing all day long in all these different cities?

If u don't think bands do festivals like this for good publicity and exposure u are dillusional.

Im not sayin All bands but I guarantee a great percentage could care less.

Think long term..

Even tho I think long term is doomed anyways..
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 08:43:46 PM »

Guns N' Roses Live Earth Press Release
By Axl Rose

I was not informed that Lenny's performance was reconfirmed until our own explorations and in following the media surrounding the event today, which is Saturday morning here in Australia and Friday in Brazil.

So GN'R have been hanging out in Australia after the NZ dates finished?  This statement implies it when he says "Saturday morning here in Australia".  Wonder where they are and what they plan to do before going to Japan?  Any sightings?

On a seperate note that's  very disappointing to know that the organisers of Live Earth didn't even bother to ask them to play in Oz or Japan.  It's a bit like the hot looking girl that laments that guys never ask her out - presumably because the guys think she is out of their league and would just say no.  Seems like GN'R have a similar problem, the organisers in Oz or Japan didn't bother to ask probably because they wrongly assumed GN'R were far too big and would simply say no - idiots.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: