Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  what the hell are theses? [They say they're official, I don't recall seeing 'em]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what the hell are theses? [They say they're official, I don't recall seeing 'em]  (Read 4373 times)
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« on: July 07, 2007, 11:20:34 PM »

McFarlane action figure issued in 2005 features Axl singing at a 1991 show wearing a catcher's vest and kilt with mic, stand, and PA.  This rare collectors item is valued at $40.00 USD.

McFarlane action figure issued in 2005 features Axl singing at a 1992 show wearing a Charlie Manson shirt with mic.  This rare collectors item is valued at $40.00 USD.

McFarlane action figure issued in 2005 features a heavier brunette Axl with short hair singing at the 2001 Rock in Rio III show wearing jogging pants with mic, stand, and PA.  This rare collectors item is valued at $40.00 USD.

Source;
http://www.ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Guides/Decor.htm

The Rock In Rio III is the one that makes me think they're not officially from McFarlane. I doubt Axl would let that one be released, and plus, there isn't any box in the picture to prove the authenticity [sp] of it.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:11:28 AM »

Never seen or heard of them before.
If you go to the McFarlane site http://spawn.com/toys/categorytype.aspx?categoryid=7 they only have the Slash one listed.

So yeah I would think these are not from McFarlane, someone else trying to use the McFarlane name to make their items looks better.

williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »

I actually have the middle one - the one with Charles Manson on the t-shirt.? I bought it years ago off ebay - it came without a box or anything.? I actually thought that somebody just got an old WWF figurine and turned it into an Axl one.?

If I recall the guy that sold it had it listed as a "one of a kind figure" - so I just thought he made it himself, but thought it still looked cool enough to buy - so I did.

That third pic also looks like a homemade effort from a wrestling figure.? But that first pic with him in the kilt looks like a professional job??

Anyhow, I have never seen the other two before and the only time I saw the one that I have was the time I bought it - never seen it again?Huh I'm pretty sure none of them are Macfarlane too - I have watched their website and figurines for a few years and never seen an Axl one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:15:24 AM by williambailey » Logged
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 09:58:03 AM »

I am actually almost certain that photo with the Charles Manson is of my actual figure.  Which is bizzare because I bought it maybe 5 years ago, so maybe this woman saved the photo that was listed in the ebay auction.

Here a couple of pics of mine.  Pay close attention to the shirt tied around Axl's waist - you can actually see where it has been cut off another figure and then wrapped around this one but it seems the waist on this one is a bit bigger and it doesn't quite join up again.

I also did a quick surf on ebay and found a pic of a wrestling figure with the exact same shirt.  I am assuming that it was cut of this figure and then stuck around another wrestler that had a face, bandanna and hair more like Axls.  I'm also thinking that the figure was shirtless to begin with the guy has created the shirt with some sort of putty and then painted it.

That's why I am pretty sure that the RIR figure is also home made from a wrestling figure too (hence the beefy size of it) - probably by the same person, since the microphone looks pretty similar too.

But that first pic with the kilt - I'm still convinced it's a reasonably professional production.

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 10:49:55 AM »

I actually have the middle one - the one with Charles Manson on the t-shirt.  I bought it years ago off ebay - it came without a box or anything.  I actually thought that somebody just got an old WWF figurine and turned it into an Axl one. 

If I recall the guy that sold it had it listed as a "one of a kind figure" - so I just thought he made it himself, but thought it still looked cool enough to buy - so I did.

That third pic also looks like a homemade effort from a wrestling figure.  But that first pic with him in the kilt looks like a professional job??

Anyhow, I have never seen the other two before and the only time I saw the one that I have was the time I bought it - never seen it again???  I'm pretty sure none of them are Macfarlane too - I have watched their website and figurines for a few years and never seen an Axl one.

Yeah, I remember seeing the CDS one on eBay many years ago. And I was sure that they weren't McFarlane 'cause I've always got my eyes out for GNR shit like that.

And the catchers one does look kick ass. Cheesy

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »

McFarlane hasn't released anything from GN'R or related (just Slash figure)
so they are fake

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »

I want the first one. ok

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:13:06 PM »

I want the first one. ok

Yeah I want that first one too.  Since it looks like a professional job (albeit probably unauthorised) you would assume that they made multiples of it.  I have emailed the woman that runs the website with the photos asking where she got the pics from.

I will post her reply if I get one.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 08:02:50 PM »

A lot of her "values" of stuff are also super fucked up. Most of the stuff she says is being "mass marketed" isn't even being made anymore, like the old AFD/UYI era banner tapestrys n' shit.

williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 08:24:16 PM »

A lot of her "values" of stuff are also super fucked up. Most of the stuff she says is being "mass marketed" isn't even being made anymore, like the old AFD/UYI era banner tapestrys n' shit.

Yeah there is a lot of holes in the information and things she puts into those guides too.  I think she copies a lot of the item descriptions and photos from ebay auctions, and pretty much takes it as gospel what the seller has put in the item description - when often its factually incorrect.

I mean good on her for attempting what she is doing but there is a heap of inaccuracies in there too.

Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »

these are custom WWF toys.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »

the first one is real, it was on a promo poster of mcfarlane toys comming out at san diego's comic con years ago.
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »

Here is another one I found on the net - a professional job but looks pathetic if you ask me.? They probably had to make it look nothing like him otherwise they would be in legal trouble.  Probably why they call it "William" (Axl Rose) in the description too.  They needed to put Axl Rose in brackets next to it because you would struggle to recognise it otherwise.

Here is their website as well.

http://www.rockinbones.it/catalogo.php?sottocat=25&cat=4

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 11:55:07 PM »

the first one is real, it was on a promo poster of mcfarlane toys comming out at san diego's comic con years ago.
really? didn't know that, btw do u have that promo poster or any pic of it?

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 01:03:30 AM »

Here is another one I found on the net - a professional job but looks pathetic if you ask me.? They probably had to make it look nothing like him otherwise they would be in legal trouble.? Probably why they call it "William" (Axl Rose) in the description too.? They needed to put Axl Rose in brackets next to it because you would struggle to recognise it otherwise.

Here is their website as well.

http://www.rockinbones.it/catalogo.php?sottocat=25&cat=4

Yeah I seen that one before, you're right it's pretty pathetic.

The first three dont look to bad especially the one wearing a catchers vest. would be cool to get one of those. ok

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slash-Guns-N-Roses-12-doll-figure-w-miniature-guitar_W0QQitemZ200127758419QQihZ010QQcategoryZ53261QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow...that's all I've gotta say 'bout that.

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 05:04:03 PM »

does it include a Jack Daniel's Bottle too???  hihi hihi hihi

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 01:27:40 AM »

I remember the Rio figure, was an old HHH figure... They do look cool i think
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »

wish i did have the poster. i see it selling at comic shows sometimes for between $75.00 & $100.00. would'nt pay that much for it!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: