Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Who thinks we will see album #3?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who thinks we will see album #3?  (Read 14735 times)
GeraldFord
« on: July 13, 2007, 06:03:35 AM »

I'm very pessimistic about this.

It took the band three years to record Libertad, and that was when they were coming off a successful album. If Libertad fails to go gold, will the band just call it a day? Slash will always be Slash and be able to get high profile gigs as a session player or he could do a Santana type multi-singer album. Weiland could ride a wave of 90s nostalgia with STP (as those guys aren't doing well commercially with AOA). So would it even be worth it for VR to make another album if the public at large is apathetic at this point?

It's a damn shame if this is the case. I think the band is just starting to get in the swing of things and I was hoping to see at least another three or four albums.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:06:46 AM »

Personally I'd rather see STP reunite.    So many great songs from that band,  songs leagues ahead of what VR has ever done together.   and Scott had much better chemistry with the DeLeo Bros than he does S&D.

Scott would do best to go back to Stone Temple Pilots.   Slash and Duff should go back to finding a singer who fits them better.   

VR have released 2 average albums, I think Slash and Duff could do better and Scott can do better.   But I suppose if they can stay together long enough they'll put out more albums.  But didn't they barely stay together during the making of Libertad?  Huh
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:16:12 AM »

I think they have a 3 record contract with RCA, so we can expect at least one more album.

Fuck 'Em All.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:40:09 AM »

I hope we see several new albums! and I think we'll at least see a third album from them.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »

I think they have a 3 record contract with RCA, so we can expect at least one more album.

They would be their album of covers I guess...

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:43:15 AM »

I believe that we'll see as many records as there are on the contract signed with the record company.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 09:17:53 AM »

Yeah, I think we'll see and hear another VR album.

The real question is: Who thinks we will see album #3 before CD hits the stores?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:28:01 AM »

I believe that we'll see as many records as there are on the contract signed with the record company.

.. but is there anything really stopping them from releasing a live album or compilation instead?  We don't know the details of the contract, but I'd wager that happens a lot.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 10:02:05 AM »

Weiland is planning a solo album and Duff has mentioned it-I think the money would have to be really good for a STP reunion-Scott and the brothers hate each other, and actually the last STP album didn't sell much differently than what a VR release would

libertad
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »

.. but is there anything really stopping them from releasing a live album or compilation instead?  We don't know the details of the contract, but I'd wager that happens a lot.

No, but they could use that later, to milk the cow a bit more, after the third record (if the contract has a third record...).

Scott and the brothers hate each other

I thought that was over a long time ago...

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 10:23:59 AM »

.. but is there anything really stopping them from releasing a live album or compilation instead?? We don't know the details of the contract, but I'd wager that happens a lot.

No, but they could use that later, to milk the cow a bit more, after the third record (if the contract has a third record...).

Scott and the brothers hate each other

I thought that was over a long time ago...

I'm not sure it is-I thought Scott had said in interviews for Contraband that the last show they played he and Dean nearly came to blows-and Dean had said it was easy now working because they were working with a junkie before-I just think they tried to patch things up in the past and just never really got along

libertad
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »

I hope we'll see moore vr, they got more to give.

They work very well as a group if you ask me...
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »

stupid topic in my opinion. if you think the only reason these guys have to play togueter is to sell million copies. they're gonna play togueter if they enjoy what they do and i think theyd do it. it's all about the music!!!!

and they took almost three years to release another album because of a lot of things: they did a world tour for 18 months and after that they were obviously sicked about it, they're humans and everyother people in that situation would have done the same, slash rehab, problems with rick rubin and a lot of different things... i have a band (not at their status obviously) and i know how difficult is to stay in a band togueter for a long time with the same motivations that you had at the begin. In my opinion they're doin' really great and with this album they've grown a lot as a band, i think they feel better and more comfortable than ever with Velvet Revolver. If album sales don't go really good i don't think they will separate or sell themselves to the stupid pop-rap-superficial world music domination that we have nowadays. They're autentic rockers so they're gonna`play the music that run throught their veins to the death and i think if they get to be comfortable with what they do togueter they're gonna play motherfuckin' rock and roll!!!!!

don't be so pessimist and enjoy the fuckin' music guys

keep on rockin' motherfuckers!!!!   beer
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »

Even before the disappointing sales of Libertad I didn't think they'd make more than 3 studio albums together, just based on the egos involved and the fact that there were rumours of new breakups on the Contraband tour, and that Duff said he felt like the band was on the verge of breaking up during the making of Libertad. 

Now with Libertad in serious danger of bombing it's going to make it that much more difficult for them to get another album done.  In a band with the kind of starpower that VR has and coming off a double platinum album they probably got a heft advance.  A $5 million advance wouldn't be surprising.  Next time around if this album fails, they'll get a lot smaller advance, and they won't get as much creative control, the label will be leaning over their shoulder a lot more when they're in production.  With the egos involved that type of environment is very volatile.  Scott has after they're done touring he's going to focus on another solo album.  Unless Libertad gets saved by singles #2 and #3 and goes platinum or at least sells halfway between gold and platinum, I'd say there won't be a third Velvet Revolver album, discounting a live album or a compilation type
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 01:05:46 PM »

if there is a 3rd i hope its better than album 1 and 2 for there sake.

then they can have a best of record Cheesy

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »

I hope that they just split up. The talent is being wasted, everyone in the band except maybe Dave or Matt can do much better. I think that if Libertad doesn't go gold they will call it quits, but maybe they'll stick out their contract.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 11:43:39 PM »

in interviews i read that they didnt know who they were writing for with contraband but now they know who they are writing for. Scott Weiland is a poppier singer and excels in that area, even tho i like libertad i was expecting something a bit heavier and not so generic. Id rather have STP get back together and apparently they are on good terms so that would be awesome. Slash and Co should get back to playing real rock n roll not generic rock
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 11:58:02 PM »

I'm very pessimistic about this.

It took the band three years to record Libertad, and that was when they were coming off a successful album.?

That? is not true. They toured thru all of 2004 to late 2005. I could look it up, but my memory is that they toured at least? thru Sept. 2005. Then they took a well-deserved? break, after a 19 month tour. The album came out? in mid-2007. That is 18 months, tops. Give it 4-5 months for mixing and all the? rest, and it means? the album was? recorded in about a year. Not bad. Shall we compare it GNR and Chinese Democracy?

And? yes, there will be? a 3rd, and 4th album. Why? Because they ROCK in concert and make good music. The 2nd will go platinum for sure. I don't get all the negativity, unless it is by people who remain? stuck in the GNR vs VR mode. So sad, so fucking sad.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:34:47 AM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »

I support VR, I just question how much longer they will be a band if Libertad flops.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 12:37:26 AM »

^ With good music, why would Libertad  flop?
The  chances of that happening  are  small.
They have  a regular  CD, a deluxe edition on itunes, and a version with  a DVD. Surely  they will hit  1 million in sales worldwide. It is hard to imagine that Libertad will fare  worse than Contraband. I just don't  see it  happening. On Libertad, there are at least 6-7 potential singles, and that should carry the album  just fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: