Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Some instrumental demos I recorded...two more added
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some instrumental demos I recorded...two more added  (Read 14195 times)
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 18, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »

Be nice...just recorded some ideas i had for the fun...no vocals yet...lotsa mistakes but hopefully ya'll get the jist of them anyway. First time I've recording anything more than single-track guitar.

http://www.myspace.com/killingfloor5

If anyone wants to sing over these (my lyrics or your own) be my guest...just PM me.

Edit: Uploaded two more demos with two very different project titles - another rocker called Girls, Women And Bitches (based on the first riff I ever wrote) and a part-acoustic power ballad called Unrequited Lovesong.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:56:46 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »

great stuff man...
you recorded all instruments??
it sounds very nice...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »

great stuff man...
it sounds very nice...

Thanks. Well, i used a drum machine but i played the guitars. They are songs made out of riffs ive had for a few years. Few more songs soon.

Niko
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 06:07:11 PM »

awesome, liked them a lot!  ok

let me know when you finish them or if you need some help with lyrics or any other stuff  beer
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 12:46:33 PM »

Thanks for the compliment Niko. Uploaded two more demos with two very different project titles - another rocker called Girls, Women And Bitches (based on the first riff I ever wrote) and a part-acoustic power ballad called Unrequited Lovesong. Unfortunately I'm having problems with my computer recordings so had to make do with some poor quality recordings for the clean parts - the last chorus is a mess but you'll get the idea of the track I hope. Also merged two other songs together as one track to make it fit but they have a drum interlude connecting em so its ok. Also added some joke lyrics to two tracks - just click on lyrics underneath All I Wanna Do... and Prove You Wrong.... Thanks for listening. Feedback appreciated.

If anyone likes these songs and wants to sing over them (with their own lyrics or mine)...be my guest!! Just PM me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:53:46 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »

great stuff man...
it sounds very nice...

Thanks. Well, i used a drum machine but i played the guitars. They are songs made out of riffs ive had for a few years. Few more songs soon.

how this "drum machine" works? do you use any special softwares?
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 01:10:07 PM »

great stuff man...
it sounds very nice...

how this "drum machine" works? do you use any special softwares?

Rhythm Rascal - its so simple to use you wouldn't believe it. Maybe not as much variety in sounds as the likes of FLoops but I didn't want that anyway. Rhythm Rascal is specifically for Rock and Metal. I just used the demo version. Ya hafta pay for full version if ya want to save stuff to wav files properly - but I just recorded straight to Cool Edit Pro so no need for full version although might get it soon to support devolopment.

http://www.rhythmrascal.com/

CSS
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »

Cool shit.

I love the guitars!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »

LOVE the Prove You Wrong rifF! but are the bass out of tune there?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 04:53:41 PM »

Thanks these are all riffs ive had for a while that never made songs out of till now.
yeah the bass\i used is a piece of crap - might just edit it out - ill be re-recording em properly when i get lend of proper bass. They were very rushed.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »

Thanks these are all riffs ive had for a while that never made songs out of till now.
yeah the bass\i used is a piece of crap - might just edit it out - ill be re-recording em properly when i get lend of proper bass. They were very rushed.

yeah, the bass didnt do it justice at all...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »

hahaha, VERY COOL!!!!!! Some problems with the mixing(like the shredding guitar WAY too loud), but for an experimentation(is that word right?!?) is very good...

If I had a microphone here, I'd record the vocals for ya!

Shit, I need to buy a microphone  rant
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 10:28:28 AM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »

hahaha, VERY COOL!!!!!! Some problems with the mixing(like the shredding guitar WAY too loud), but for an experimentation(is that word right?!?) is very good...

The mixing is awful as is the bass. rofl don't know anything about equalization so i literally just raised and lowered the volumes. But fuck it, that's Rock N' Roll, haha!! Maybe i have a punk attitude. Nah, I wanna re-record it properly soon - i done this stuff to get better musicians interested in working with me than the shit ones I'm used to.

Its funny you say shredding - I never considered myself a shredder - thought of myself as more of a Slash type player - but then i listened back to these after recording and i realised i could player faster than i thought!!

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 03:59:57 PM »

Prove U wrong fucking rocked man! With the right singing it could be a hit

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 04:31:03 PM »

Prove U wrong fucking rocked man! With the right singing it could be a hit

Thanks - I actually have another similiar kinda riff but even heavier IMO- haven't recorded it yet - its kinda a coma-style epic but with a chorus. I actually have four songs over the 7-minute mark but haven't recorded any yet there difficult to play- even though there my own songs. Embarrassed

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »

The mixing is awful as is the bass. rofl don't know anything about equalization so i literally just raised and lowered the volumes. But fuck it, that's Rock N' Roll, haha!! Maybe i have a punk attitude. Nah, I wanna re-record it properly soon - i done this stuff to get better musicians interested in working with me than the shit ones I'm used to.

Its funny you say shredding - I never considered myself a shredder - thought of myself as more of a Slash type player - but then i listened back to these after recording and i realised i could player faster than i thought!!

I might had used the word in a wrong way...maybe I shouldn't say "shread" but another word that didn't come to my mind, anyway, you got the message!  Tongue

But equalization is not a big monster with 7 heads, it's a fun thing to do sometimes! hahaha

I'm thinking of buy a microphone just to have some fun here in my house. I sing in a heavy metal band and I'm doing college, graduation of Phonographic Production, so I kinda need to do these stuffs so I can learn and all...and being a singer, I need a mic to "play" with my audio softwares here...if I buy this mic I'm definitely interested in maybe record some vocals for you and help you out with this!

don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »

some pretty badass guitar tracks here, i like.  If there was more like this on the radio, i'd be happy. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
sucker punch
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 03:29:38 PM »

Nice! bass is abit out but the rest is class  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: