Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The BIG Question ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The BIG Question ?  (Read 22876 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »

Good point you got there.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
waxlrick
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Gunners need to drop a single now and announce the real release date for the album. If they dont after this much touring then it would seem to me that they are fucking stupid! To put it frankly......
you are the stupid one.
what does touring have to do with dropping singles?!
by that analogy we should have had the single in 2002.

We should have had the single in 02.

Exactly! But to answer "Lucky" They hadn't toured as extensively as they have now in 2002 had they? Name calling will get you more negative kama. You little piss ant.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2007, 11:05:28 PM »

I just hope that one day when/if the album comes out we can look back at all these years we've waited and laugh after letting out a big sigh of relief.  I have no doubt from the material we've heard that the album would be fantastic.  We all have to realize and rationalize how much this band has been through since the original members left.  It took Axl some time to resurface and find guys he was comfortable playing with.  Then Buckethead got sick? causing them to cancel an entire European tour that Axl wasn't really wanting to do at the time anyway.  Then the failed 2002 tour, again not sure Axl was completely ready to tour.  Then Buckethead left and the band had to pull out of RIR in 2004.  It took two years for Axl to reappear and enter Bumblefoot.  And recently Brain has left, enter Frank, Merck was fired as manager.  Not that I had to recap all that, I know all of you are aware of how things have played out over the years.  But that's a lot of shit that the band has gone through.  And hopefully NOW they have a steady thing going and can concentrate on getting the album out.  With each one of these hiccups, I'm sure they process was slowed, restarted, etc.

It just seem that either the band has had some very terrible management decisions made over the last 7 years or so.  How can you schedule two tours if the lead singer isn't ready to tour?  If that's the truth, that's what we were made to believe, that Axl was sort of forced to tour when he would've rather spent the time working on and finishing up the album.  Either that or there was very bad communication between the band and their management.  It almost seems as if their management over the years knows about as much as we (the fans) do about the album and such.  And that's definitely not a good thing since we know next to nothing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gp71
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2007, 11:09:35 PM »

Chinese Democracy is coming
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2007, 11:11:28 PM »

"There are currently no tour plans after Japan.

The emphasis right now is on getting the new album out
."

That's what mysteron said and that's what i choose to believe

"I don't know if soon is the word"..W. Axl Rose

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »

"There are currently no tour plans after Japan.

The emphasis right now is on getting the new album out
."

That's what mysteron said and that's what i choose to believe

"I don't know if soon is the word"..W. Axl Rose

yes, and you use quote from x years ago to make your point. no

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2007, 11:21:23 PM »

The answer is 42.

always the funny guy... you try to so fucking hard no

1) I'm wasn't "trying".

2) Just having fun.  Cool

3) Sorry you are so miserable.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2007, 11:31:15 PM »

all we can do is see what unfolds.   hopefully something.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2007, 11:33:47 PM »

What does it mean to concentrate on getting the album out? From all  viewpoints the album is out of the hands of the band--being mixed  or whatever. So the phrase to focus on getting the album out is meaningless. I guess the band  will  sit  together in room and chant together 'get the album out, get the  album out' until it  finally happens?? I am confused, and not a small bit  dubious.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2007, 11:35:08 PM »

What does it mean to concentrate on getting the album out? From all  viewpoints the album is out of the hands of the band--being mixed  or whatever. So the phrase to focus on getting the album out is meaningless. I guess the band  will  sit  together in room and chant together 'get the album out, get the  album out' until it  finally happens?? I am confused, and not a small bit  dubious.

theres probably things we have no clue about that are holding it up.  I'm thinking legal issues.   I can't say that for sure, but it would explain the unusual situation.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2007, 11:41:46 PM »

It's supposed to be getting mixed now right? That was the latest?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2007, 11:42:18 PM »

What does it mean to concentrate on getting the album out? From all? viewpoints the album is out of the hands of the band--being mixed? or whatever. So the phrase to focus on getting the album out is meaningless. I guess the band? will? sit? together in room and chant together 'get the album out, get the? album out' until it? finally happens?? I am confused, and not a small bit? dubious.

theres probably things we have no clue about that are holding it up.? I'm thinking legal issues.? ?I can't say that for sure, but it would explain the unusual situation.

What kind of legal ?issues could there be that ?is relevant to new ?music? Please ?explicate.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2007, 11:45:34 PM »

theres probably things we have no clue about that are holding it up.  I'm thinking legal issues.   I can't say that for sure, but it would explain the unusual situation.

What kind of legal  issues could there be that  is relevant to new  music? Please  explicate.

i dont know. but it would explain why much isn't said, maybe because it can't be said.

i could be wrong
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2007, 12:14:23 AM »

South America, South Africa, Album Release, Rehearsing of a new and different setlist, Then full World tour promoting the album for 2 years. Then a b-sides album, then a live DVD. Then new solo albums/tours for Ron & Tommy.

So thats what I predict for the next 3 or 4 years of GNR. 

.....then everyone (except dizzy) quits/gets fired and  replaced by members of pixies, ministry, devo, and ween.. plus a lead guitarist named Bubblehand, and they release another album in 2025.

As for us, we'll be glued to our computers the whole time, still talking about what they will do next.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2007, 12:44:05 AM »

It's supposed to be getting mixed now right? That was the latest?

I think that's been "the latest" a couple of times now... that and "finishing touches"

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2007, 12:45:56 AM »

South America, South Africa, Album Release, Rehearsing of a new and different setlist, Then full World tour promoting the album for 2 years. Then a b-sides album, then a live DVD. Then new solo albums/tours for Ron & Tommy.

So thats what I predict for the next 3 or 4 years of GNR.?

.....then everyone (except dizzy) quits/gets fired and? replaced by members of pixies, ministry, devo, and ween.. plus a lead guitarist named Bubblehand, and they release another album in 2025.

As for us, we'll be glued to our computers the whole time, still talking about what they will do next.

I'd see a version of Guns N' Roses with devo members in it... and I'm not even close to kidding.  I'd get high for it though.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17:56 AM »

I think it's funny when people talk about management forcing Axl to tour and that's why he can't get the album out.? I mean I could be wrong, but I doubt Axl's taking too many orders from people.? I assume he makes most of the calls, atleast the important ones.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2007, 05:45:05 AM »

With GN'R one thing is for sure:

History does repeat itself!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2007, 06:53:32 AM »

I'd love if Mysteron (or anyone for that matter) gave us some info within a few weeks.

There is no more info to give

The info I gave was to partly address all the tour rumors that were going around, and what I said still stands.

But plans can be made at any time so expect the unexpected.

You have to understand the frustration with posts like this. I mean, the last info you gave us was that the "emphasis is on getting the album out". I understand that you're saying you gave out that info just so people weren't expecting more tour dates and so on, but what you're posting now seems to leave us with no answer again.

If I'm reading this right you're saying that there aren't any plans for anything at this point. Right?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2007, 07:16:30 AM »

damn, I woke up today and it?s 2007 !!!!
where?s this album anyway

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: