Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:18:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 80930 times)
whpprsnpprr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2007, 05:21:57 PM »

One thing was very very crystal clear - this was an Adler's show with special guests, not an AFD anniversary party! It was never about the anniversary.
Yes, he was selling AFD 20 anniversary commemrative shirts but that was just using the situation to make extra cash.
It seemed to me he had manipulated his old band members to think this was really going to be an anniversary party and to show up, only for them to later realize this was all Adler's gig (where Adler was the center of attention and star).
That is why Slash never showed up on stage. I saw evidence he was in the club before Adler's show started. But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprized if had left long before the show ended.
That is why Duff looked so unhappy and sort of dragged on stage.

ehhh I'm not sure I completely buy that.  Yeah Adler was milking this as much as he could...I don't really blame him. 
A) It gets more people to his Gig
B) It (in his eyes possibly) gets him closer to a GNR Reunion which is really (career-wise) the only thing he's living for.

But to imply that this was some master plan where Adler gets everyone together and he's the star is inaccurate in my mind.  As soon as any Ex Gunner walks onstage at an Adler's Appetite gig, Steven is all of a sudden not the star and Steven knows it.  Sure it draws more attention to his gig but the attention does go off of him at that very moment.  So sure Steven's trying to get a reunion going thats no surprise...I'm sure he'd even tell you that but this was not some plan for him to be the star.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2007, 06:11:54 PM »

Great pics!!!!!  I love that Gilby was there too.  ok
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »

Sounds like the gig was great, nice pics!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2007, 07:08:18 PM »

I wonder why Slash didn't take the stage, yet he was there?    He's always one to thrive on being in the spotlight and doesn't typically miss a media opportunity.
CSS
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »

I wonder why Slash didn't take the stage, yet he was there?

He's said that he doesn't feel comfortable doing Guns N' Roses songs anymore. (Althrough that was about Velvet Revolver)

That's probably why he choosed not to - but I'm just guessing.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:15:34 PM by CSS » Logged
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »

I wonder why Slash didn't take the stage, yet he was there?? ? He's always one to thrive on being in the spotlight and doesn't typically miss a media opportunity.

Yeah an Addlers Appetite show is a huge media opportunity you're right. And Slash is such a whore I can't believe he passed up a chance to be mentioned on blabbermouth, here, 2 other GnR sites, and nowhere else in the world. Does it smell bad when you have your head so far up your ass?

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2007, 07:44:32 PM »

He's said that he doesn't feel comfortable doing Guns N' Roses songs anymore. (Althrough that was about Velvet Revolver)

That's probably why he choosed not to - but I'm just guessing.

That is true he said that after the SA tour he wanted to get away from GNR / STP covers , I remember something being said about its like toilet paper on a shoe. I guess he did the right thing he showed up to remember and appreciate the past but decided to keep it in the past , which is cool. But seeing Duff and Izzy on stage is amazing , I know VR has done shows with Izzy but Duff hasn't played with steven since when? The farm aid gig?!?! Which makes me ponder I wonder if Axl ever asks Izzy about Duff and Co , or vice versa lol izzy is a middle man.
isa
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »

Slash was there and was supposed to play Jungle - (I was backstage with all of them), don't know why he didn't.

Also there was his Slash's mom and Gilby and Danielle Clarke.

What was kind of interesting, there was this dude that works with GNR but is good friends with all 4 of the ex gunners - he was actually telling Danielle how successful the tour in Japan was and that they'd just come back last sunday I believe, and all sorts of cool stuff.? He really seemed to get along with everyone there.? Didn't catch his name or met him though, just overheard as I was standing against a wall checking my email.

Here's a couple of pictures:

thnks so much!!!! love

amazing pics, very nostalgic, even Slash's mon, ahhh, thank so much again x share those pics!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2007, 08:21:51 PM »

smoking

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »

But VR still does GNR songs so that can't be the reason slash didnt do any with Steven.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2007, 09:09:18 PM »

So whos singing for Adler's Appetite now?

Colby Veil

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2007, 09:59:22 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I loved it that Duff and Izzy agreed to play on a few songs. At least those songs didn't sound too bad. However, this is still a cover band in which none of the musicians is a professional (not even Steven any more) and they imitate something or somebody else and try to make a living out of it. I don't want to appear too harsh but people should not be making a living out of imitating something else and have no creative abilities of their own whatsoever. They should only do that for free and for fun.
That said, I could understand the awkwardness of the situation in Duff and Slash's eyes and not wanting to play with a bunch of wannabies who couldn't even hold all the notes of the songs. I mean it is just sad. These guys do not deserve to find themselves on stage with some amateurs who ruin the art that they (Slash and Duff and Izzy) helped create more than 20 years ago.

Yes, Duff was dragged on stage to perform Brownstone - it was pretty obvious from my vantage point. And as the song progressed he appeared to regret even more that he was up there with these guys.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »

Don't get me wrong - I loved it that Duff and Izzy agreed to play on a few songs. At least those songs didn't sound too bad. However, this is still a cover band in which none of the musicians is a professional (not even Steven any more) and they imitate something or somebody else and try to make a living out of it. I don't want to appear too harsh but people should not be making a living out of imitating something else and have no creative abilities of their own whatsoever. They should only do that for free and for fun.
That said, I could understand the awkwardness of the situation in Duff and Slash's eyes and not wanting to play with a bunch of wannabies who couldn't even hold all the notes of the songs. I mean it is just sad. These guys do not deserve to find themselves on stage with some amateurs who ruin the art that they (Slash and Duff and Izzy) helped create more than 20 years ago.

Yes, Duff was dragged on stage to perform Brownstone - it was pretty obvious from my vantage point. And as the song progressed he appeared to regret even more that he was up there with these guys.

are you a shrink or something? cause you always seem to know everyones thoughts....if so read my thoughts its a two letter word and they begin with F & O  Tongue

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »

Isn't that what the new guns n roses has been doing? Imitating something or somebody else and making a living out of it?

"I don't want to appear too harsh but people should not be making a living out of imitating something else and have no creative abilities of their own whatsoever"

......dude thats basically what is happening in guns n roses right now.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »

Isn't that what the new guns n roses has been doing? Imitating something or somebody else and making a living out of it?

"I don't want to appear too harsh but people should not be making a living out of imitating something else and have no creative abilities of their own whatsoever"

......dude thats basically what is happening in guns n roses right now.

nobody is imitading anyone.  does Tommy put on a long blonde haired wig and does bumblefoot or Robin put on a tophat?   What can we say about that loser who was trying to be Axl last night?   

The guys in the band now, they joined Guns N' Roses as members of Guns N' Roses and they aren't imitating anyone.    And how easily you forget they've played several new songs, many of which they did have a hand in creating. 

There is a huge HUGE difference between members of GnR - all of which are insanely creative and talented..  and the group of washups that is basically every guy in Adler's Appetite.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2007, 11:38:47 PM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler's MySpace page (free registration required) has been updated with 27 photos from ADLER'S APPETITE's July 28, 2007 concert at the Key Club in West Hollywood, California where Adler was joined by ex-GUNS N' ROSES members Izzy Stradlin (guitar) and Duff McKagan (bass) for a couple of "Appetite for Destruction" numbers. Although Slash did make it to the venue earlier in the night, he was reportedly forced to leave before he could go up on stage and jam with the other guys. As expected, GUNS N' ROSES' lead singer Axl Rose was a no-show at the event , which was meant to celebrate the 20th anniversary of GN'R's classic debut.

Blabbermouth.net

http://www.myspace.com/stevenadlersite

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2007, 11:47:24 PM »

Let's get real here... The current G N' R is totally drawing people to their live shows from material created by the previous G N' R incarnations. Most people have not heard any of the new songs. People are going because they want to hear Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O Mine. The same reason people went to Adler's Appetite show last night. If Axl ever releases a new album we'll see how the public responds to that material. As it stands people are paying to see the Axl Rose karaoke sideshow.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2007, 11:48:54 PM »

Let's get real here... The current G N' R is totally drawing people to their live shows from material created by the previous G N' R incarnations. Most people have not heard any of the new songs. People are going because they want to hear Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O Mine. The same reason people went to Adler's Appetite show last night. If Axl ever releases a new album we'll see how the public responds to that material. As it stands people are paying to see the Axl Rose karaoke sideshow.

beer beer beer beer Jarmo and others get so mad when we say that but its the truth. No one goes to see GNR to hear Better , IRS , or Madagascar , they go for the classic hits....
DaBrookman
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:14 PM »

Looks like common sense made sense once again.

Imagine that.

No mind reading necessary.

I hope the people who spent the money to go there had fun and don't feel cheated by Steven's comments.

/jarmo

Damn, Jarmo, you're harsh. With Izzy, Duff, and Steven sharing the same stage for the first time in 17 years NOBODY felt cheated!
If I recall, this site predates Nu-GNR. You designed it to HONOR it's EARLIER incarnations. You were a fan. You're so rude to the original members these days.
I kind of understand, it's awesome that Axl embraced the site - and you cater to his agenda.
Have you met him yet? That would be awesome.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:21:52 AM by DaBrookman » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:52 PM »

ain't nothing karaoke about it.  you obviously haven't seen them and you obviously have no fucking business here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: