Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:55:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N? Roses Anniversary Show Update: Izzy Stradlin Is a Maybe  (Read 80936 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2007, 11:55:55 PM »

Let's get real here... The current G N' R is totally drawing people to their live shows from material created by the previous G N' R incarnations. Most people have not heard any of the new songs. People are going because they want to hear Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O Mine. The same reason people went to Adler's Appetite show last night. If Axl ever releases a new album we'll see how the public responds to that material. As it stands people are paying to see the Axl Rose karaoke sideshow.

ain't nothing karaoke about it.  you obviously haven't seen them and you obviously have no fucking business here.

Why do you attack? People go for the old songs , are you denying that? To them the people on stage are as he said "karaoke sideshow"
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

Looks like common sense made sense once again.

Imagine that.

No mind reading necessary.

I hope the people who spent the money to go there had fun and don't feel cheated by Steven's comments.

/jarmo

Damn, Jarmo, you're harsh. With Izzy, Duff, and Steven sharing the same stage for the first time in 17 years NOBODY felt cheated!
If I recall, this site predates Nu-GNR. You designed it to HONOR it's EARLIER incarnations. You were a fan. You're so rude to the original members these days. I kind of understand, it's awesome that Axl embraced the site and you cater to his agenda.
Have you met him yet? That would be awesome.

Next time you post, please be mindful that if you wish to refer to the current band, most people here don't use the term Nu-GNR.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2007, 11:59:57 PM »

Let's get real here... The current G N' R is totally drawing people to their live shows from material created by the previous G N' R incarnations. Most people have not heard any of the new songs. People are going because they want to hear Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child O Mine. The same reason people went to Adler's Appetite show last night. If Axl ever releases a new album we'll see how the public responds to that material. As it stands people are paying to see the Axl Rose karaoke sideshow.

ain't nothing karaoke about it.  you obviously haven't seen them and you obviously have no fucking business here.

Why do you attack? People go for the old songs , are you denying that? To them the people on stage are as he said "karaoke sideshow"

I'm not denying that many go to the shows hoping to hear the classic GnR songs we all love.

But don't come here and call the band this site is dedicated to a 'karaoke act'.. and plan on getting harsh responses when you.  you are on a GnR fan board.   I'm sick of you fucking people who aren't even fans of the band, coming here every day and talking shit about the band we love.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #223 on: July 30, 2007, 12:05:51 AM »

its not politics, its about respect.   we don't come here to see you people trash this band day after day.
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #224 on: July 30, 2007, 12:06:48 AM »

ain't nothing karaoke about it.? you obviously haven't seen them and you obviously have no fucking business here.

Look, I actually like the Axl's new stuff... at least what's leaked so far. It doesn't sound very G N' R to me, but that's besides the point. People like to put down Steven for his band riding on the success of the original G N' R when Axl is doing the same exact thing! Until Axl releases new material people are going mostly for a rock n' roll trip down memory lane.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2007, 12:13:22 AM »

I'm not denying that many go to the shows hoping to hear the classic GnR songs we all love.

But don't come here and call the band this site is dedicated to a 'karaoke act'.. and plan on getting harsh responses when you.  you are on a GnR fan board.   I'm sick of you fucking people who aren't even fans of the band, coming here every day and talking shit about the band we love.

I am a GNR fan , mostly of the era with slash though! And to the poster above  beer
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2007, 12:15:32 AM »

It'd be cool if Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven play together.

But I'm sick of Steven thinking that he'd be involved in a GnR reunion (you know what I mean- the old band). As far as I'm concerned, if the old band does reunite, I'd want to see Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt.
Steven was fired because he couldn't handle the Illusion stuff. I'd want to see the old band play Appitite stuff, of course, but also classics from the Illusions. Matt can do that. Steven can't.

Perfect solution - If there would ever be a reunion, have Matt play the Illusion songs and adler play the AFD songs, that would work and everyone would be happy
yep

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2007, 12:20:03 AM »

ain't nothing karaoke about it.? you obviously haven't seen them and you obviously have no fucking business here.

Look, I actually like the Axl's new stuff... at least what's leaked so far. It doesn't sound very G N' R to me, but that's besides the point. People like to put down Steven for his band riding on the success of the original G N' R when Axl is doing the same exact thing! Until Axl releases new material people are going mostly for a rock n' roll trip down memory lane.

The people who support this site don't share the same view as you - ie: that Axl is riding on the success of the original GN'R just like Steven is. Take it elsewhere......

Sure Axl's previous success has a lot to do with it - he OWNS that success, every single bit of it.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »

Very cool pics. Nice to see that almost everyone was there.

Fuck 'Em All.
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2007, 12:32:32 AM »

Sure Axl's previous success has a lot to do with it - he OWNS that success, every single bit of it.

He may legally own the name, but the success was built by 5 band members not 1. We'll see if Chinese Democracy can sell close to the number of albums AFD and UYI did.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2007, 12:36:18 AM »

He may legally own the name, but the success was built by 5 band members not 1. We'll see if Chinese Democracy can sell close to the number of albums AFD and UYI did.

Seriously, Darkburst. You don't want to get into an argument with stolat or Jim Bob. It's a fucking waste of time.

Fuck 'Em All.
whpprsnpprr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2007, 12:42:03 AM »

Don't get me wrong - I loved it that Duff and Izzy agreed to play on a few songs. At least those songs didn't sound too bad. However, this is still a cover band in which none of the musicians is a professional (not even Steven any more) and they imitate something or somebody else and try to make a living out of it. I don't want to appear too harsh but people should not be making a living out of imitating something else and have no creative abilities of their own whatsoever. They should only do that for free and for fun.
That said, I could understand the awkwardness of the situation in Duff and Slash's eyes and not wanting to play with a bunch of wannabies who couldn't even hold all the notes of the songs. I mean it is just sad. These guys do not deserve to find themselves on stage with some amateurs who ruin the art that they (Slash and Duff and Izzy) helped create more than 20 years ago.

Yes, Duff was dragged on stage to perform Brownstone - it was pretty obvious from my vantage point. And as the song progressed he appeared to regret even more that he was up there with these guys.

Wow yeah that does sound a little harsh...
I wasn't there nor have I ever seen AA live so maybe you're right. ?Are they really horrible live? I would assume that Adler would get capable musicians to play the Appetite stuff...
As far as them being hired to play other people's stuff someone did point out that that is basically what New GNR is doing too right? ?Sure they do play some new stuff but didn't AA release an EP of a couple new songs too? ?Did they play any of those or just Guns stuff?
As far as Duff being dragged up there...you were there and I wasn't but the few pics I've seen show him with a bass that looks like one of the ones he usually plays...are you sure he was dragged up there? ?It looks to me like he brought a bass with him planning to play last night...unless AA's bass player has an identical bass...
Could be...
DaBrookman
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2007, 12:42:25 AM »

its not politics, its about respect.? ?we don't come here to see you people trash this band day after day.

"You people"? Nice.
Look, I respect your opinions! I'm a passionate GNR fan like you! I understand that most of you are probably of a younger age, so it makes sense that you would attach yourselves to the Guns N' Roses that's out there now. I've been a fan for 20 years, so it's hard for me to accept this band as GNR. Is that okay? LOL. My opinion is, there's a reason GNR was the biggest band in the world between 89-92. Everything worked. It was magic. The lineup of today is magic for you. Cool! Can we be friends?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2007, 12:44:35 AM »

The people who support this site don't share the same view as you - ie: that Axl is riding on the success of the original GN'R just like Steven is. Take it elsewhere......

Axl's previous success has EVERYTHING to do with it , people go for the old songs , the hear the afd songs and the uyi songs , just because he owns the name doesn't mean he owns the success without Slash's classic scom intro or pc outro , without izzy's writing and original rhythm guitar , without duff's unique bass style and yes even without adler's simplistic but effective drums axl would not have the success he has today. And the same goes for the rest of the band.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #234 on: July 30, 2007, 12:45:46 AM »

its not politics, its about respect.? ?we don't come here to see you people trash this band day after day.

"You people"? Nice.
Look, I respect your opinions! I'm a passionate GNR fan like you! I understand that most of you are probably of a younger age, so it makes sense that you would attach yourselves to the Guns N' Roses that's out there now. I've been a fan for 20 years, so it's hard for me to accept this band as GNR. Is that okay? LOL. My opinion is, there's a reason GNR was the biggest band in the world between 89-92. Everything worked. It was magic. The lineup of today is magic for you. Cool! Can we be friends?

I was 14 when AFD came out - SNAP - "most of you are of younger age" ?Roll Eyes Give me a break ?Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DaBrookman
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2007, 12:49:18 AM »

Cool, did you love the music they made together then?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »

That's why I'm here man.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2007, 12:55:59 AM »

That's why I'm here man.

Because you loved the music

Axl  , Slash  , Izzy , Duff and Steven Adler produced correct?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2007, 12:58:58 AM »

That's why I'm here man.

Because you loved the music

Axl? , Slash? , Izzy , Duff and Steven Adler produced correct?

Sorry, I'm not getting into your argument. I've stated my view, position and opinion already. Enjoy the read!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2007, 02:20:48 AM »

Looks like common sense made sense once again.

Imagine that.

No mind reading necessary.

I hope the people who spent the money to go there had fun and don't feel cheated by Steven's comments.

/jarmo

"Adler recently told GuitarWorld.com, "I'll be down there with my band and Slash, Izzy and Duff will be there too. It's gonna be great."

Steven actually held true to his word in a way and was not lying. He said in his press release Slash/Duff/Izzy would be there as well as his band. They were all there(even Gilby), and Adler's Appetite played. I don't recall him mentioning anything about them all actually playing together, just that they would be there.

Obviously the logical conclusion was to make the jump that he was inferring they would play since they would be there, but if being a GNR fan has taught us nothing else over the years it is that we should infer nothing and take it for exactly as it is said.

Steven followed through exactly as he said. This is no different than when people got upset over the whole March 6th tenative date thing and made the logical jump of a release instead of reading it and accepting it for what it is. Some people will be upset that they didn't all play together, but that is not what Steven promised in the press release.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: