Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  interview with AA?s ex singer....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: interview with AA?s ex singer....  (Read 6422 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« on: July 30, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=77796

doesn`t sound too nice, does it?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »

He's the EX-singer so obviously that might explain some of his feelings.

Being left on your own while on tour in Europe isn't exactly what any band members expect.... He's probably had enough bad experiences with Steven already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »

I don't know Steven, and probably never wil.  But it doesn't surprize me.  He looks like that...

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 06:34:19 PM »

Nice or not, it's the truth.

Some people forget too easy.

Steven fucked up 2 versions of Adler's Appetite, and the second one got fucked really hard...

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:50:26 PM »

great... now a thread to bash Steven...  Roll Eyes Steven is a man, he ain?t perfect! No one is! He has done many shitty stuff in his life, so has Slash, Duff, Axl and Izzy and all of us... We are always focusing on the negative shit... what happened 2 days ago was just fucking great. However, instead of focusing on that no... let?s now bash the ex-members, starting with Steven. I wish we could stop with this already.  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 06:55:50 PM »

great... now a thread to bash Steven...  Roll Eyes Steven is a man, he ain?t perfect! No one is! He has done many shitty stuff in his life, so has Slash, Duff, Axl and Izzy and all of us... We are always focusing on the negative shit... what happened 2 days ago was just fucking great. However, instead of focusing on that no... let?s now bash the ex-members, starting with Steven. I wish we could stop with this already.  no

Have you ever left you're friends/band mates stranded on another continent with no money to get home? Steven did...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »

Have you ever left you're friends/band mates stranded on another continent with no money to get home? Steven did...

but damn I?m not defending him! What pisses me off is that this thread in some hours will turn into yet another "ex-members bashing" thread and that?s kinda sad... cos these days we can?t do anything other than that! Just take a look a the Rolling Stone cover thread or the Appetitte party one and you?ll see what I?m talking about.  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 08:33:48 PM »

Did you play drums on AFD? Steven did.
CSS
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »

That's not really the same thing now, is it?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »

Yeah because playing drums on an album is the same thing as stranding you're so call friends on another continent with no way to get home, while you go off to get high. Great logic there man, congratulations.  ok
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »

What I found interesting about this interview was the fact in an interview posted here before Sheldon laughed it off and said hey, that's rock n' roll.

Either way alder is a tool for doing what he did, regardless of what album he played drums on. 

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »

Yeah that was a total douche move on Adler's part. The fact that he was once in GnR doesn't somehow make it ok. Jesus...some of you people have the most retarded, head up ass logic.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:41 AM »

I should rephrase..that he played on AFD doesn't make everything he does ok. However it does mean he deserves a bit of respect from fans of the music he made. And it seems people love to bash him.

I cut axl some slack when he bites a security guard, and I cut stehpen some slack when he dumps his mates in the middle of a foreign country.

I'm just saying we all know these people are primarily musicians and their personal lives should not be taken as role models, but the fact that they make some fuckhead choices doesn't mean they're not great artists.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »

You're right, he did.   and he reminds us of this constantly.  Roll Eyes
isa
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »

he also have a good side  Wink
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »

hes too fucking high to know where he is most of the time

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 03:50:01 AM »

I should rephrase..that he played on AFD doesn't make everything he does ok. However it does mean he deserves a bit of respect from fans of the music he made. And it seems people love to bash him.

I cut axl some slack when he bites a security guard, and I cut stehpen some slack when he dumps his mates in the middle of a foreign country.

I'm just saying we all know these people are primarily musicians and their personal lives should not be taken as role models, but the fact that they make some fuckhead choices doesn't mean they're not great artists.

dude Adler was just in the right place at the right time.   he had jack shit to do with anything other than being the drummer on AFD and Lies.  he hasn't done a damn thing since then and all he does is continue to milk the fact that he played drums on AFD 20 years after the fact.   He is hardly a great artist.  He is a washed up, once lucky but he fucked it all up drummer.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 03:58:28 AM »

Yup, sounds about right.

Fuck 'Em All.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 11:38:18 AM »

and there's your problem.

neither of those things are excusable, just because it's Axl Rose or Steven Adler doing it doesn't justify giving them slack. If Axl Rose came up to you and started biting you would you cut him some slack? No, you'd say 'get the fuck off me!'. Well...some of the idiot fanboys around here would probably let him do it but it's my general belief that most of the people on this board have some sort of major malfunction, but on planet reality this shit isn't respectable human behavior.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 12:03:22 PM »

The bitterness and comments like "I know people that know" Slash and Izzy make me think this guy is lashing out.  Which isn't to say there is no truth to anything he's saying, but bitterness and anger can twist your perception of someone and certain events involving that someone.

Ali
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: