Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fuck Off
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Off  (Read 126416 times)
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« on: August 06, 2007, 12:02:14 PM »

Jarmo, who were you telling to Fuck Off?  I asked in the thread where you made the comment but you removed my comment.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »

They know who they are.

The same people I've been saying this place isn't meant for. I've been repeating myself about that for ages so I'd assume those people start getting the point by now.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Casey Shelton
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »

Probably me since I got a -1.

jarmo you'd probably maintain your opinion if it were never released.

You run with that belief that the band does not owe anybody anything.  I'd agree if Axl did not keep the name.  Tired arguement you say?  Some of the founding members disagree.  I'm not saying Axl should have moved on without the name.  I'm cool with him taking Guns N Roses to new places.

From where I sit, and yeah it's a valid place just like yours.......he does owe GNR fans who have supported his new direction.  He owes the fans that have followed him and his annoncements of releasing an album.  Noone knew of Chinese Democracy until he spoke of it.  None of us knew of the new songs until he played them. 

Axl is stating, "I want GNR to continue on and this is my vision.  Will yo BUY into it?"  And we have....for years now.

So to some degree, I feel he does owe those of us who have followed him.

Am I waiting around for the cd, no.  But I certainly have an interest in it.  It's long overdue.  Just because you jarmo choose to support him unconditionally doesn't automatically make anyone who dares speak against Axl a whiner.

It's a human right, in most places, to voice our opinions.  Am I here everyday speaking negatively?  No.  I do understand now that I cannot voice an opinion or complaint regarding Axl Rose, who by the in my opinion is still the greatest musician to ever grace this planet.  That won't change whether or not he releases any new material.

I thought this was the best place for me, a fan moreso of Axl than of GNR, to voice a frustrated opinion to his timely manner of delivering the cd to me/us.

I believe CD will have the same impact on me that AFD had 20 years ago.  So I am supportive.

But as you wish, jarmo, I'm exiting your board.  Yeah you have a GNR board that is tapped directly into the band.  I was within the AFD vibe as it was happening.  I felt the change GNR had on the music scene as it occurred.

Yeah, Axl does owe me and any other fan who had a part in getting him where he is today.  We, the Afderz.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »

Yeah, Axl does owe me and any other fan who had a part in getting him where he is today.  We, the Afderz.

No.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:43:36 PM »

Afderz?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »

Afderz?

Yeah, I guess that means the people who bought Appetite back in the day.

I wonder if these "fans" feel they're owed by the whole AFD line-up or just Axl.  Roll Eyes

Do they also feel like the founder of huge companies owe them because they helped them get where they are?

/jarmo

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »

You run with that belief that the band does not owe anybody anything.  I'd agree if Axl did not keep the name
Well I'd disagree. 
If you have made random amount of millions because people buy your album,go to your shows, wear your shirt,  you owe something to these people. In my books thats the long and short of it.

The eternal paradox here just might be that people you owe shit don't always deserve shit.
At any rate,the good old "Axl(or any other artist) doesn't owe you shit"-argument  is bullshit.
This post is full of "shit"

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 02:31:48 PM »

I wonder why those people just don't give up. I mean, seriously... If you think Axl/the band owe you so much and you're not happy because it's not getting the album (even tho a lot who whine don't seem to care that much about the new songs), just leave it. No need to keep feeling bad about something, go seek for music elsewhere.

Also, seems like they think it's cool to put down the optimistic people with the whining. The year is over in August to those people and the album is never coming out. No matter what, it HAS to be negative.

I bet once the album is released, people will already start to complain about the time the second album would take to come out.

I guess will never get it how some likes to feel bad about something and wants to make other people to feel the same way.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 02:43:48 PM »

Does that mean Axl owes me less than he owes someone who bought every CD ever released?  How does it work?
Since you asked, we'd first have to be able to measure the amount of this "owe" and then put a owe-price  tag for each release, and then you could cross reference your way  to your final owe-number, and then compare it to owe number of others, and thus determine just how hot you are.
Since this is very hard and pointless thing to pull out, I'd recommend you settle with "they owe  me something" yes

If we tried to determine what this something exactly is we'd end up in terrotory so damn subjective that the discussion (if it involved more than 1 person having monologue) would turn very pointless very fast. So just settle with "they Owing you something." That's good enough for me atleast.

All half serious bullshit aside, I do sincerely believe that some sort of collective self esteem of a "newGNR supporter" is so damn low (when he is in grn mode) that some sort of therapy sessions with "Axl owes me something" as a mantra wouldn't hurt at all.
You know, "i refuse to be a victim, i refuse to be a victim" etc!
..what? it's a great idea.

...But surely he must owe me something, right?
Yes, exactly. yes
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 02:50:02 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:24:40 PM »

You run with that belief that the band does not owe anybody anything.? I'd agree if Axl did not keep the name.? Tired arguement you say?? Some of the founding members disagree.? I'm not saying Axl should have moved on without the name.? I'm cool with him taking Guns N Roses to new places.

From where I sit, and yeah it's a valid place just like yours.......he does owe GNR fans who have supported his new direction.? He owes the fans that have followed him and his annoncements of releasing an album.? Noone knew of Chinese Democracy until he spoke of it.? None of us knew of the new songs until he played them.?

Axl is stating, "I want GNR to continue on and this is my vision.? Will yo BUY into it?"? And we have....for years now.

Am I waiting around for the cd, no.? But I certainly have an interest in it.? It's long overdue.? Just because you jarmo choose to support him unconditionally doesn't automatically make anyone who dares speak against Axl a whiner.

It's a human right, in most places, to voice our opinions.? Am I here everyday speaking negatively?? No.? I do understand now that I cannot voice an opinion or complaint regarding Axl Rose, who by the in my opinion is still the greatest musician to ever grace this planet.? That won't change whether or not he releases any new material.

I thought this was the best place for me, a fan moreso of Axl than of GNR, to voice a frustrated opinion to his timely manner of delivering the cd to me/us.

I believe CD will have the same impact on me that AFD had 20 years ago.? So I am supportive.

But as you wish, jarmo, I'm exiting your board.? Yeah you have a GNR board that is tapped directly into the band.? I was within the AFD vibe as it was happening.? I felt the change GNR had on the music scene as it occurred.

Yeah, Axl does owe me and any other fan who had a part in getting him where he is today.? We, the Afderz.

Axl owes nothing to noone. If you have some legal document saying otherwise, then fair enough, but I doubt this is the case

Jarmo runs this board his way. If you do not like it, then there are other boards to choose from

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »

Does that mean Axl owes me less than he owes someone who bought every CD ever released?  How does it work?
Since you asked, we'd first have to be able to measure the amount of this "owe" and then put a owe-price  tag for each release, and then you could cross reference your way  to your final owe-number, and then compare it to owe number of others, and thus determine just how hot you are.
Since this is very hard and pointless thing to pull out, I'd recommend you settle with "they owe  me something" yes

If we tried to determine what this something exactly is we'd end up in terrotory so damn subjective that the discussion (if it involved more than 1 person having monologue) would turn very pointless very fast. So just settle with "they Owing you something." That's good enough for me atleast.

All half serious bullshit aside, I do sincerely believe that some sort of collective self esteem of a "newGNR supporter" is so damn low (when he is in grn mode) that some sort of therapy sessions with "Axl owes me something" as a mantra wouldn't hurt at all.
You know, "i refuse to be a victim, i refuse to be a victim" etc!
..what? it's a great idea.

...But surely he must owe me something, right?
Yes, exactly. yes

Stop, Click here http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=logout then go outside, because Axl doesn't owe you anything.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »

The idea that anyone who posts here, or has been a fan, is owed anything by Guns n Roses is utterly and totally asinine.   If that's the attitude you want to bring here, then it would be far better for all involved if you just stayed away.

That said, I understand the frustration of wanting to hear new music from Axl and GnR.  I bought appetite when it first came out, and GnR was gave me the defining, life changing music that made me pick up the guitar in high school.  Truly, GnR means more to me than I can put into words.  As someone approaching my mid-thirties, I would love nothing more than to see a new album released, and a triumphant return to the forefront of public consciousness - and to the top of the charts - for Axl, and for Guns 'n Roses.

The leaks - and their inherent brilliance - have made that waiting far more difficult, as has seeing the band live, meshing well and proving that they're more than capable of changing the face of music once again.  In spite of this, however, I haven't once felt that I've been "owed" anything, but that certainly doesn't make the waiting any easier. 

It's been frustrating, and it's been disappointing, but as I keep telling myself, it's all for good reason, and when the time is right, the album will come out.  Until then, there are plenty of other things to get caught up in.

But please.  Stop confusing support and enjoyment of GnR music - no matter how passionate - with some form of entitlement.  If you think you're entitled to anything from the band, then you're in the wrong place, and you've got the wrong band.

You know, it makes me sad that I rarely feel like posting much of anything here anymore.  For too brief a time, I really enjoyed the intelligent discussion and conversation that went on among fans here.  It seems rather difficult to post something these days without it being deleted for reasons unknown (and I truly do go out of my way to follow the rules) or for most new threads to quickly degenerate into mudslinging, rumor-mongering, and off-topic pettiness, such as "being owed" anything by the band.  Perhaps we need a "Get in the Ring" section for all the personal back-and-forths that seem to dominate most threads around here?

Me, I'm just glad to have an active GnR making a record and playing amazing shows.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 04:41:28 PM »

You run with that belief that the band does not owe anybody anything.? I'd agree if Axl did not keep the name.? Tired arguement you say?? Some of the founding members disagree.? I'm not saying Axl should have moved on without the name.? I'm cool with him taking Guns N Roses to new places.

From where I sit, and yeah it's a valid place just like yours.......he does owe GNR fans who have supported his new direction.? He owes the fans that have followed him and his annoncements of releasing an album.? Noone knew of Chinese Democracy until he spoke of it.? None of us knew of the new songs until he played them.?

Axl is stating, "I want GNR to continue on and this is my vision.? Will yo BUY into it?"? And we have....for years now.

Am I waiting around for the cd, no.? But I certainly have an interest in it.? It's long overdue.? Just because you jarmo choose to support him unconditionally doesn't automatically make anyone who dares speak against Axl a whiner.

It's a human right, in most places, to voice our opinions.? Am I here everyday speaking negatively?? No.? I do understand now that I cannot voice an opinion or complaint regarding Axl Rose, who by the in my opinion is still the greatest musician to ever grace this planet.? That won't change whether or not he releases any new material.

I believe CD will have the same impact on me that AFD had 20 years ago.? So I am supportive.

But as you wish, jarmo, I'm exiting your board.? Yeah you have a GNR board that is tapped directly into the band.? I was within the AFD vibe as it was happening.? I felt the change GNR had on the music scene as it occurred.

Yeah, Axl does owe me and any other fan who had a part in getting him where he is today.? We, the Afderz.

Axl owes nothing to noone.

No, Axl doesn't owe his fans anything.. But I think his fans deserve a new record after hearing him talk about releasing one since 1997

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 05:08:02 PM »

Axl doesn't "owe" anybody anything, period.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 07:32:08 PM »

He owes me a new snowblower.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »

He owes me a new snowblower.

Do you have the paperwork to prove this?
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »

Afderz?

Yeah, I guess that means the people who bought Appetite back in the day.

I wonder if these "fans" feel they're owed by the whole AFD line-up or just Axl.? Roll Eyes

Do they also feel like the founder of huge companies owe them because they helped them get where they are?

/jarmo

Lets see, I bought Appetite about 13 years ago for about 12-15 bucks. Out of that the record company probably got a chunk, distributers too, then the band divided by 5.....If Axl doesn't release Chinese Democracy I want my $1 that he got from my purchase back. This is bullshit. Thats almost enough to buy a soda at work.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »

You are forgetting inflation, you should ask for about 5 bucks....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »

But buy the time we know for sure or not that the album isn't coming it maybe more like 25 bucks.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 10:59:29 PM »

But buy the time we know for sure or not that the album isn't coming it maybe more like 25 bucks.

Well, we must remember that the value of the dollar is falling, then take into account Axl's braids, and finally divide it all by pi. I think we'll have an accurate figure then...maybe.

Edit: Don't forget the subprime mortgage crisis will also come into play, along with the amount of US debt that China carries. Honestly, I think Axl may owe us all much more than we ever imagined.

Edit 2: We're totally screwed! Buy gold now!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 11:06:05 PM by Pharmo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: