Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fuck Off
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Off  (Read 125091 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »

Do I have to spell it out for you again?

Seems like I have to explain everything to you.

If you come to a Guns N' Roses site to talk shit about the current band, you're disrespecting them. Easy.

If you come here with the attitude "the old band is better, I don't support the new band", you're on the wrong site.

Now tell me where I've disrespected the old band's accomplishments.

Please don't tell me it's because I refuse promote Velvet Revolver or Adler's Appetite bogus GN'R reunion show.

/jarmo

I clearly stated I support new gnr , the only problem is that for some reason it bugs you that I prefer the old gnr , I still support the new line up as I said.  I don't have to give blind loyalty to either VR or GNR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »

How come you statements are all one sided? It's some peoples choice to like a different line up gnr , and some of it has to do with the new gnr members. If you can't handle the fact that peoples opinions are different then what is wrong with you?

Oh wow.

I have no problem if you happen to think GN'R died when Steven was fired.

Fine, it's your opinion.

But don't come here because you're not welcome!

I clearly stated I support new gnr , the only problem is that for some reason it bugs you that I prefer the old gnr , I still support the new line up as I said.  I don't have to give blind loyalty to either VR or GNR

That's your choice.

You might just wanna think a bit about what you post here.

Like I've said in the past, you adjust to the place you're at.

You don't go sit among Yankees fans wearing your Red Sox jersey and yell "Yankees sucks!" or sit with English football hooligans in a German jersey yelling "England sucks! I know I'm right!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2007, 10:42:25 PM »

How come you statements are all one sided? It's some peoples choice to like a different line up gnr , and some of it has to do with the new gnr members. If you can't handle the fact that peoples opinions are different then what is wrong with you?

Oh wow.

I have no problem if you happen to think GN'R died when Steven was fired.

Fine, it's your opinion.

But don't come here because you're not welcome!

That's your choice.

You might just wanna think a bit about what you post here.

Like I've said in the past, you adjust to the place you're at.

You don't go sit among Yankees fans wearing your Red Sox jersey and yell "Yankees sucks!" or sit with English football hooligans in a German jersey yelling "England sucks! I know I'm right!".

/jarmo

Youre being an asshole for no reason now when did I ever say

"GNR died with steven was fired"

I've never sat here and posted " NEW GNR SUCKS" as you make it seem in fact quiet the opposite I said I respect them and that they are an amazing bunch of musicians. The only thing that bugs you is I have a different opinion , I prefer an older lineup opposed to the new.

I'm not disrespecting anyone by saying I prefer an older line up of the band to the new one? Its a matter of opinion now if i was like

" Teh  slash rule on bomblefeet YEEHHHH " thats different , I hold the regard of the new members high , they are talented. Insanely, Is BBF technically better than Slash on guitar of course,  but I prefer slash. I am not disrespecting anyone , what we have now is a great thing but I still rather throw AFD or UYI in than listen to Better. Of course I don't know what CD will sound like so I can't say much. Your last statement can be used both ways bro'

But if you let the love of the current lineup hinder you from liking the old lineups , you are wasting your time as well.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:45:15 PM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2007, 10:46:45 PM »

I've never sat here and posted " NEW GNR SUCKS" as you make it seem in fact quiet the opposite I said I respect them and that they are an amazing bunch of musicians. The only thing that bugs you is I have a different opinion , I prefer an older lineup opposed to the new.

Insults?  no

It's called an example. You can use it to prove a point.

If you actually had a point to prove, you might understand the concept.

You don't bug me! I couldn't care less what you prefer. Everybody here has their own opinions. That's thousands of things that apparently bug me.

But don't come telling me how I should run this site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2007, 10:49:23 PM »

Insults?  no

It's called an example. You can use it to prove a point.

If you actually had a point to prove, you might understand the concept.

You don't bug me! I couldn't care less what you prefer. Everybody here has their own opinions. That's thousands of things that apparently bug me.

But don't come telling me how I should run this site.

/jarmo

But what point are you proving , you make me out to be a gnr hating person who opposes the band as you said

I don't do that , if it didn't bother you what people preferred than we wouldn't be discussing this , because you could care less about what people think or prefer. When did I ever tell you how to run your site.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »

But what point are you proving , you make me out to be a gnr hating person who opposes the band as you said

That I don't care what opinion you or anybody else has!

I respect the fact that people have different opinions and views.

It doesn't mean I have to invite everybody to our place and welcome them. Especially when I know they'll try to fuck things up for the rest of us.

/jarmo

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2007, 10:58:40 PM »

That I don't care what opinion you or anybody else has!

I respect the fact that people have different opinions and views.

It doesn't mean I have to invite everybody to our place and welcome them. Especially when I know they'll try to fuck things up for the rest of us.

/jarmo

Fair enough... But the thing is , as said before , I think when some one says

I like old gnr but support the new line up no matter what

only the first part is ever heard.... peace
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2007, 04:46:24 AM »

Respect to D for opening up and tells how he feels
I'd like to take a moment here and open up myself now... peace

Some maybe say I am a Axl nutswinger and all that since I am positive and stuff,
thats pretty fucking far from the truth actually.

I'm not very impressed with GunsN'Roses at all, I'm tired of the old albums, the new songs I'm bored with and I find the boots to be "ok".
God I LOVE the singer tho, it's amazing! peace

I hate how Axl doesn't scream at the opening of WTTJ too. And Jarmo just sucks for not posting anything about Buckethead here. hihi

Chris and Buckethead are some of the elements I find intresting, and Axl's voice. The others are great doing whats been done forever to me.
I could go on too, I like the prodigy a lot. Give them a baseplayer and turn the guitar louder...voila'

And in intensity, GunsN'Roses doesn't compare to The Prodigy live at all, AT ALL!

Now, all you people who talks about "constructive critisism"...do you really wanna hear me pipe off and whine how The Prodigy are better (they are)-
-and how it sucks EVERYTIME Axl doesn't do the opening scream to WTTJ? I could... Grin

For me, I just don't see any reason or feel for posting it. And I think most here are grateful for that Tongue
On a fansite, it's just natural code we post supportive, not to exlude being objective...but you get tired of the same peeps negativity time after time.
Nothing wrong being honest saying how you feel but balance is the keyword. beer
/jarmo
hi wave
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 05:21:08 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2007, 05:09:07 AM »

I like old gnr but support the new line up no matter what

only the first part is ever heard.... peace

I disagree, I've made it known that I think Lies is the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread, some people might disagree, and there might be an emotional attachment to that album for me but it gets the most play here. I love the old stuff, love the new ... what I've heard, and look forward to the future.

I wonder what people thought of the Yardbirds?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2007, 07:11:47 AM »

The idea that anyone who posts here, or has been a fan, is owed anything by Guns n Roses is utterly and totally asinine.? ?If that's the attitude you want to bring here, then it would be far better for all involved if you just stayed away.

That said, I understand the frustration of wanting to hear new music from Axl and GnR.? I bought appetite when it first came out, and GnR was gave me the defining, life changing music that made me pick up the guitar in high school.? Truly, GnR means more to me than I can put into words.? As someone approaching my mid-thirties, I would love nothing more than to see a new album released, and a triumphant return to the forefront of public consciousness - and to the top of the charts - for Axl, and for Guns 'n Roses.

The leaks - and their inherent brilliance - have made that waiting far more difficult, as has seeing the band live, meshing well and proving that they're more than capable of changing the face of music once again.? In spite of this, however, I haven't once felt that I've been "owed" anything, but that certainly doesn't make the waiting any easier.?

It's been frustrating, and it's been disappointing, but as I keep telling myself, it's all for good reason, and when the time is right, the album will come out.? Until then, there are plenty of other things to get caught up in.

But please.? Stop confusing support and enjoyment of GnR music - no matter how passionate - with some form of entitlement.? If you think you're entitled to anything from the band, then you're in the wrong place, and you've got the wrong band.

You know, it makes me sad that I rarely feel like posting much of anything here anymore.? For too brief a time, I really enjoyed the intelligent discussion and conversation that went on among fans here.? It seems rather difficult to post something these days without it being deleted for reasons unknown (and I truly do go out of my way to follow the rules) or for most new threads to quickly degenerate into mudslinging, rumor-mongering, and off-topic pettiness, such as "being owed" anything by the band.? Perhaps we need a "Get in the Ring" section for all the personal back-and-forths that seem to dominate most threads around here?

Me, I'm just glad to have an active GnR making a record and playing amazing shows.

bazgnr - Thank you for putting into words exactly how I feel about GNR, especially the highlighted text regarding the current situation.? Quite apart from some excellent gig reviews, your post easily wins 'post of the year for me', so far.? ?Grin? ok

When the touring is temporarily suspended and all goes quiet on the news front, it's exciting to think that the time is being spent progressing the album's release, even if the exact details of the work involved remain unknown.? I know some people would prefer a steady drip of information but actually I appreciate the silence because of the way in which this increases the anticipation and heightens the suspense of the album's eventual release.? To me it makes sense to keep it quiet until all is ready to go, so that none of the launch impact is lost.

I feel, like you, that the live shows and new material point to a new and glorious era in the history of GNR and hope that the media is capable of putting prejudices aside and really giving the music (and the musicians) the opportunity to win them over.? The old and cynical part of me realises that this is unlikely to happen but, until it becomes a reality, I refuse to let it dampen my spirits and optimism that GNR will reign triumphant again.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2007, 08:33:51 AM »

the lateness was an issue for me, and as far as i could tell, everyone else who booed because the band were late.......

to all those who defend the lateness or whatever...ask yourself this.

"if i was supposed to meet someone at 9 pm at a bar or something, and they didn't show up till 11 pm / 11.30 pm, would i be happy and accept them with open arms, "all is forgiven now??"

the answer, is "no"

its human nature to be pissed at somehting like that, and at the end of the day Axl is human, not god, and therefore must expect people to be pissed off when he / the band is late.

another question, i wonder what would happen if Tommy turned up late. Think, the band ar all there but no axl, no tommy.....Axl walks in about 1.5 hours late and says "lets go", the others say tommy aint here yet, tommy turns up an hour later....and doesn't say a word.........do you think Axl would be "cool" with that??

again the answer is "no"

but that is precisely what Axl does everytime.....there was a link to a video posted here a while back it had proper pro-shot footage of the new band backstage waiting on Axl at the stage door, and axl swanned in, in a limo walked down the corridor, didnt say hi and just walked out to the audience and the band followed, i dont get it! i would go fucking nuts!

but hey its Axl so "thats cool"
 Undecided

at least have some dignity people, i think that all we have left at the moment, because patience is wearing thin

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2007, 08:46:46 AM »

"if i was supposed to meet someone at 9 pm at a bar or something, and they didn't show up till 11 pm / 11.30 pm, would i be happy and accept them with open arms, "all is forgiven now??"

the answer, is "no"

Dude, don't wait on me. beer

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2007, 09:26:58 AM »

but that is precisely what Axl does everytime.....there was a link to a video posted here a while back it had proper pro-shot footage of the new band backstage waiting on Axl at the stage door, and axl swanned in, in a limo walked down the corridor, didnt say hi and just walked out to the audience and the band followed, i dont get it! i would go fucking nuts!

No it isn't.

That clip made it seem like that's the case.

There was even an article on gunsnroses.com which mentions Axl being there hours before the show.

/jarmo

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2007, 09:43:04 AM »

the lateness was an issue for me, and as far as i could tell, everyone else who booed because the band were late.......

to all those who defend the lateness or whatever...ask yourself this.

the answer, is "no"

its human nature to be pissed at somehting like that, and at the end of the day Axl is human, not god, and therefore must expect people to be pissed off when he / the band is late.

another question, i wonder what would happen if Tommy turned up late. Think, the band ar all there but no axl, no tommy.....Axl walks in about 1.5 hours late and says "lets go", the others say tommy aint here yet, tommy turns up an hour later....and doesn't say a word.........do you think Axl would be "cool" with that??

again the answer is "no"

but hey its Axl so "thats cool"
 Undecided

at least have some dignity people, i think that all we have left at the moment, because patience is wearing thin

That video was from Madrid.

Dude, I was at that show.

Axl was there in the afternoon soundchecking with the entire band.

So, that was bullshit. The sound on that video wasn't perfect, and most people even thought that Mayhue pushed Bumble aside so that Axl could walk "all over him".

That wasn't the case at all...

Don't judge until you watch the entire video, a small bad quality sample is not the best way to judge a band...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:45:04 AM by Christos AG » Logged

daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2007, 10:22:09 AM »

ok, i didnt realise that the video was a poor represenation of what goes on behind the curtain, but it was just an aside to the main point of my post.

axl would be pissed if tommy was late or whatever.....al i am trying to say is, the lateness is an issue for the majority of the crowds on the gigs i was at.......and rightly so imo.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2007, 10:34:52 AM »

ok, i didnt realise that the video was a poor represenation of what goes on behind the curtain, but it was just an aside to the main point of my post.

axl would be pissed if tommy was late or whatever.....al i am trying to say is, the lateness is an issue for the majority of the crowds on the gigs i was at.......and rightly so imo.

That actually depends.

By now most GN'R fans know that they'll watch a late rock show with this band.

Damn, people knew it back in 1993, they wouldn't know it now?

I understand that some might get pissed off, but that's how it is.

So what? One night of the year you get to watch a great band and the show is a bit late...

Live with it and enjoy the show.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2007, 12:35:45 PM »

Yeh, that's the thing about Rock N' Roll - learning to think outside the square you live in.

Geez, when you are married with kids and working 9 to 5 - memories such as staying up beyond curfew to hear a really cool band will become precious to you!

The Rock N' Roll movement in the 50s was all about rebellion!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2007, 12:55:39 PM »

there's being rock n roll, and then there is generating bad press for yourself all the time.

but then again some people say all press is good press, matter of opinion i suppose....

for the record, Stolat, you are the most annoying thing to ever happen to this board......ever, and some annoying things have happened her before!

over and out!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »

there's being rock n roll, and then there is generating bad press for yourself all the time.

but then again some people say all press is good press, matter of opinion i suppose....

for the record, Stolat, you are the most annoying thing to ever happen to this board......ever, and some annoying things have happened her before!

over and out!

come on, horsey and skynyrdgirl are/were pretty annoying too, there's also others who are more annoying then stolat (not saying stolat isn't annoying hihi)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2007, 01:25:48 PM »

[come on, horsey and skynyrdgirl are/were pretty annoying too

As are you.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: