Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 90414 times)
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2007, 08:38:34 AM »

Get out the door is bomb, can't wait to hear it on radio. I've got my hopes in The last fight and GOTD singles, il should rise Libertad sells? yes

And Slash & Duff can say ANYTHING they want about GN'R, it's not for selling much records but it's their past (100% of GN'R recordings are played by them) like Axl talked about Slash in his last interview (rolling stone 01/06)? ok
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:43:21 AM by Pingouirose » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2007, 09:42:07 AM »

And Slash & Duff can say ANYTHING they want about GN'R, it's not for selling much records but it's their past (100% of GN'R recordings are played by them) like Axl talked about Slash in his last interview (rolling stone 01/06)  ok

The difference is that that was in 2006 and Axl wasn't selling a product.

Every former member of GN'R knows that by mentioning Axl by name, they'll get more attention.

I guess the old "no comment" isn't an option when you need the press to sell records? You don't want to piss off some journalists by telling them you're not interested in talking about Axl.....  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2007, 10:07:42 AM »

And Slash & Duff can say ANYTHING they want about GN'R, it's not for selling much records but it's their past (100% of GN'R recordings are played by them) like Axl talked about Slash in his last interview (rolling stone 01/06)  ok

The difference is that that was in 2006 and Axl wasn't selling a product.

Every former member of GN'R knows that by mentioning Axl by name, they'll get more attention.

I guess the old "no comment" isn't an option when you need the press to sell records? You don't want to piss off some journalists by telling them you're not interested in talking about Axl.....  Huh

/jarmo

Well, actually some months ago, Slash refused to answer anything related to GN?R. Funny enough, immediately people started badmouthing him, saying that he was just full of himself by refusing to say anything about GN?R etc etc... people are never satisfied as you say many times.
I think the guys must get too fucking tired of answering the same questions "Have you spoke to Axl?" "What do you think about Chinese Democracy?". That must just annoy them... however, they are humble and polite enough to answer them, over and over again, whenever someone asks, and I really appreciate that. Slash is even, these days, much more open minded and polite whenever he talks about Axl so I don?t see why we should complain about that. Afterall, we all want to know some more about our favourite band...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »

OMG...how stupid are you? How many times have they said no comment and have asked that there be no GNR questions? This is something that will continue for the rest of VR's careers as well as Axl's. You can only avoid those questions so many times. VR has never marketed itself using the GNR or STP name. They could have easily covered one of their songs and put it on an album or released live recording where they played their songs. They play a couple of songs in concert, but it is a very minimal part of the set list. There is more questions now because GNR is on tour again and is actually doing something. If you look at most of the comments that VR has made about Axl's GNR they have been nothing but flatering.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #304 on: July 24, 2007, 10:26:30 AM »

I see nothing stupid about Ines' comment.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #305 on: July 24, 2007, 10:28:59 AM »

OMG...how stupid are you?

Ease up on the "stupid" rhetoric, insults are not allowed here.

Thanks.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »

It was for Jarmo comment, and perhaps stupid was harsh, perhaps I should have said his comments were ill-adviced, uninformed, laughable, ridiculous, or ludicrous. I appoligize for that. I just wish people would think sometimes before posting.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2007, 10:46:39 AM »

You haven't been here long have you? You do know that this is Jarmo's site don't you? Will that make you think before you post so disrepectfully next time! If there is next time...... no

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2007, 11:10:45 AM »

If you look at most of the comments that VR has made about Axl's GNR they have been nothing but flatering.

Selective memory.

It's all a game..... They're "the good guys" and you buy into that. Good for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »

I guess the old "no comment" isn't an option when you need the press to sell records? You don't want to piss off some journalists by telling them you're not interested in talking about Axl.....? Huh

/jarmo

I tend to agree with the above, they're always going to ask and it's in the best interest of the product to answer.

It'll be interesting to see how Axl handles the former member questions when he does press for
CD.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #310 on: July 24, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »

Falcon is 100 percent correct

Axl will have to talk about the old bandmembers.

Its not like Duff and Slash offer up, they are asked a question and they do the Politically Correct "SAFE" answer.
I See nothing wrong with them answering questions when asked.

IF they didnt answer, what the hell would people say?

"They hate Axl, They are jealous, see they try to do an interview and all they are asked about is Axl" BLAH BLAH BLAH

They are kind of in a no win situation.

They answer questions with nice sentiments about Axl and they are trying to boost album sells.

They answer questions negatively and they are jealous, miserable assholes.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #311 on: July 24, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »

Or he could say to the journalists that he will not be answering any questions about former band members......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #312 on: July 24, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

Falcon is 100 percent correct

No he doesn't.  ok

Even if he says something even once after being subjected to years and years of attacks from the former members, some of you will be saying "Axl is always saying bad things about them  crying "

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2007, 11:53:15 AM »

No he doesn't.? ok

It'll be interesting to watch the whole thing unfold IE, Will Axl stipulate a "no former member" line of questioning mantra or no interview?  Will he go the "no comment" route when questions are asked?
Will the former members be fair game and open for discussion?

The jounalists will be fun to watch as well.  Which one's will play the game if certain subjects aren't allowed, who'll push the envelope and whatnot etc.

It won't be dull, that's for sure.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: July 24, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

Subject to years of attack? Where does this come from? Most of the people that attacked Axl are not his former bandmates and VR. The list includes former managers and magazines and Izzy Stradlin. But you don't pick on Izzy cause he isn't on a competing major record label I guess. Maybe you can provide some insight as to why you never mention him. I think Izzy has every right to say what he did about Axl, Axl has repeatedly bashed former members during concerts. How many concerts in 1993 did he dedicate Double Talkin' Jive to Izzy Stradlin. He had long rants regarding Izzy. He also kicked a FAN out of a concert for wearing a Slash shirt. Once again, I'm not taking VR's side. Scott has said a couple of comments which were not appropriate, but I have never heard Slash, Duff, or Matt say anything to bash Axl, so some people are streching a little here.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #315 on: July 24, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »

Slash, Duff & Matt lie to look like the good guys, pay attention.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #316 on: July 24, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »

Jarmo, why the fuck do you think you know Axl Rose so well? ?Just like you get mad at certain members and you say, "you don't know me fuck off". ?Fuck you, you have know clue how Axl will react. ?He is one of the most unpredictable Rock N Roll front men ever. ?Are you his manager? ?No. ?His Therapist? ?No. ?You run a fucking fan site. ?For you to speculate on a such a complex person like Axl is ignorant. ?You have no fucking clue what he will do. ?And I don't give a fuck what he may have said in Japan. ?Until he does it, until its official, we all know nothing. ?

The above passage is an example of how Jarmo talks to people when he disagrees. ?I actually use his own beleifs to dispell his own feelings. ?I feel that it is articulated well and very accurate. ?

Thoughts? ?

Also, Falcon said back on topic, and who brought it back up to a higher level? ?That is right! ?Jarmo!!!!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #317 on: July 24, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »

Jarmo, why the fuck do you think you know Axl Rose so well? ?Just like you get mad at certain members and you say, "you don't know me fuck off". ?Fuck you, you have know clue how Axl will react. ?

Umm....why do I feel like I'm about to watch Tony Soprano go have " a talk" with the man who put his finger in Meadow's mouth at that restaurant???
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #318 on: July 24, 2007, 02:10:21 PM »

Jarmo, why the fuck do you think you know Axl Rose so well?  Just like you get mad at certain members and you say, "you don't know me fuck off".  Fuck you, you have know clue how Axl will react.  He is one of the most unpredictable Rock N Roll front men ever.  Are you his manager?  No.  His Therapist?  No.  You run a fucking fan site.  For you to speculate on a such a complex person like Axl is ignorant.  You have no fucking clue what he will do.  And I don't give a fuck what he may have said in Japan.  Until he does it, until its official, we all know nothing. 

The above passage is an example of how Jarmo talks to people when he disagrees.  I actually use his own beleifs to dispell his own feelings.  I feel that it is articulated well and very accurate. 

Thoughts? 

Also, Falcon said back on topic, and who brought it back up to a higher level?  That is right!  Jarmo!!!!

Listen, since you have a hard time understanding and you have to turn to insults to get your non-existent "point" across, I'll just say this: What I said is based on previous actions by Axl.

He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews. He mentioned them in 2002 on tour and look what happened.

The other guys, including Steven, sure like to mention him a lot....

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »

Jarmo, why the fuck do you think you know Axl Rose so well?? Just like you get mad at certain members and you say, "you don't know me fuck off".? Fuck you, you have know clue how Axl will react.? He is one of the most unpredictable Rock N Roll front men ever.? Are you his manager?? No.? His Therapist?? No.? You run a fucking fan site.? For you to speculate on a such a complex person like Axl is ignorant.? You have no fucking clue what he will do.? And I don't give a fuck what he may have said in Japan.? Until he does it, until its official, we all know nothing.?

The above passage is an example of how Jarmo talks to people when he disagrees.? I actually use his own beleifs to dispell his own feelings.? I feel that it is articulated well and very accurate.?

Thoughts??

Also, Falcon said back on topic, and who brought it back up to a higher level?? That is right!? Jarmo!!!!

Listen, since you have a hard time understanding and you have to turn to insults to get your non-existent "point" across, I'll just say this: What I said is based on previous actions by Axl.

He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews. He mentioned them in 2002 on tour and look what happened.

The other guys, including Steven, sure like to mention him a lot....

/jarmo

At the Korn party in January 2006, Axl answered a question about Slash, so, who knows?

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: