Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:36:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 90430 times)
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #320 on: July 24, 2007, 02:42:55 PM »

It's funny how nobody ventured to comment on my post about all the comments Axl has made regarding Izzy in the past. Axl has commented more on the ex-GNR members than they have on him (with the exception of Steven).
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »

It's funny how nobody ventured to comment on my post about all the comments Axl has made regarding Izzy in the past. Axl has commented more on the ex-GNR members than they have on him (with the exception of Steven).

I would hate to think that we're going to hold all these guys responsible for comments they made 10 or 15 years ago.  Maybe as you get older and wiser you learn to answer questions about former members without it dissolving into a bashfest.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »

How many other interviews has Axl really done?  Slash & Duff are doing more interviews because they are releasing CDs... and of course many of the people doing interviews want to push some GN'R questions.

Comments like this...

The other guys, including Steven, sure like to mention him a lot....

... which seem to suggest that Slash & Duff are worthless media whores who will do anything to appear as the "heroes" of the GN'R breakup to sell albums, are looking WAY too much into the situation.? The furthest it seems to go is:

Interviewer: What do you think about Axl and his CD?
Slash: I want it to come out, I'm sure it will be great.

Big Deal!? I wonder if STP fans get their panties in such a knot if Weiland gets asked a question about the DeLeo brothers.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: July 24, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »

... which seem to suggest that Slash & Duff are worthless media whores who will do anything to appear as the "heroes" of the GN'R breakup to sell albums, are looking WAY too much into the situation.

Well, I'm glad you have the knowledge in the matter.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2007, 03:44:23 PM »

... which seem to suggest that Slash & Duff are worthless media whores who will do anything to appear as the "heroes" of the GN'R breakup to sell albums, are looking WAY too much into the situation.

Well, I'm glad you have the knowledge in the matter. ok

Knowledge is my middle name.   Kiss
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2007, 03:45:49 PM »

Wow...Jarmo you are good at the art of twisting peoples words and facts.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #326 on: July 24, 2007, 04:05:26 PM »

Jarmo, why the fuck do you think you know Axl Rose so well?? Just like you get mad at certain members and you say, "you don't know me fuck off".? Fuck you, you have know clue how Axl will react.? He is one of the most unpredictable Rock N Roll front men ever.? Are you his manager?? No.? His Therapist?? No.? You run a fucking fan site.? For you to speculate on a such a complex person like Axl is ignorant.? You have no fucking clue what he will do.? And I don't give a fuck what he may have said in Japan.? Until he does it, until its official, we all know nothing.?

The above passage is an example of how Jarmo talks to people when he disagrees.? I actually use his own beleifs to dispell his own feelings.? I feel that it is articulated well and very accurate.?

Thoughts??

Also, Falcon said back on topic, and who brought it back up to a higher level?? That is right!? Jarmo!!!!

Listen, since you have a hard time understanding and you have to turn to insults to get your non-existent "point" across, I'll just say this: What I said is based on previous actions by Axl.

He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews. He mentioned them in 2002 on tour and look what happened.

The other guys, including Steven, sure like to mention him a lot....

/jarmo

I wasn't insulting you.  I was mocking a reply tactic you have used in the past.  However, you did answer nicely and with class.  We both made our points.  I think the whole thing is way blown out. 
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #327 on: July 24, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »

People will always dislike Velvet Revolver.

Yes, I don't like them.

They will say that Scott sucks and that GNR needs to reunite. They will spend allday bashing VR. I say fuck that.

Yeah, he's overrated.

BUT GN'R doesn't need to reunite. Fuck that.

Axl didn't spend all this time just to throw it away on some fucking reunion.

/jarmo

I don't want them to reunite, Reunions suck. I want both VR and GNR to both be successful.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #328 on: July 24, 2007, 06:07:24 PM »

I don't want them to reunite, Reunions suck. I want both VR and GNR to both be successful.

Hell, no.

There are the good, and the bad guys.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »

He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews.

Huh

How many interviews has he done in the last 13 years?

There was the "Oh My God" press release, where he demonstrated the following pettiness:

"Musically the song was primarily written by Paul Huge over two years ago, with Dizzy Reed writing the musical hook of the chorus. Former member Duff McKagan as well as former employee Matt Sorum failed to see its potential and showed no interest in exploring, let alone recording the piece. When the demos were played for the new band, Josh, Tommy and Robin were as they say 'all over it."

---

The Kurt Loder interview:

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.

Loder: Yeah.

Rose: And it really wasn't something we were trying to do. We were trying to make things work with Slash for a very, very long time... about three and a half years.

Loder: Wow. Jeez. That's a shame, because it seemed like such a tight unit. This live album seems like a farewell to that era.

Rose: It is exactly that. It's a farewell to that.... It was something we wanted to give to the public in a way of saying farewell. It was a very difficult thing to do, as listening to it and the people involved... [it] wasn't the most emotionally pleasant thing to do.

Loder: At any time, were you thinking of keeping Duff [McKagan] or Matt Sorum or anybody on board too? Or was that all over from the beginning?

Rose: That was their choice to leave. Everybody that's gone did it by choice. Matt was fired, but Matt came in attempting to get fired and told many people so that night. So it's kind of like everybody left by choice. They really didn't think I was going to figure out a way to make a record, [and they] didn't want to help really make a record. Everybody kind of wanted what they wanted individually rather than what's in the best interest of the whole.

Rose: You could find ways to blend all kind of things. It really just takes the right song. I don't personally believe that was the interest of Guns or Slash, I don't believe the right song was the interest. I mean, what people don't know is, the [Slash's] Snakepit album, that is the Guns N' Roses album. I just wouldn't do it.

Loder: Really?

Rose: Oh, yeah! Duff walked out on it, and I walked out on it, because I wasn't allowed to be any part of it. It's like, "No, you do this, that's how it is." And I didn't believe in it. I thought that there were riffs and parts and some ideas, I thought, that needed to be developed. I had no problem working on it, or working with it, but you know, as is, I think I'm with the public on that one.

---

The 2000 Rolling Stone interview:

Asked whether he ever considered going under his own name instead of keeping the Guns N` Roses tag, Rose says; ''It is something I lived by before these guys were in it. And there were other people in Guns N` Roses before them, you know. I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to try to kill it and walk away.''

At least one of his former band mates didn't really want any part of that process - ''Slash told me, 'I don't want to work that hard,' '' Rose recalls.

Slash's name pops up repeatedly, invoked in a way that suggests a shellshock husband speaking of an ex-wife after a particularly horrific divorce. ''It was a divorce,'' Rose says with a sad stare. In retrospect, Rose sees the band's massive success as part of it's undoing. ''The proverty is what kept us together,'' he says. ''That was how we became Guns N Roses. Once that changed...'' He turns momentarily quiet. ''Guns N Roses was like the old Stones or whatever,'' he says. ''Not necessarily the friendliest bunch of guys.''

Rose seems estranged from many old associates - a scenario not helped much by the numerous lawsuits that have occupied his attention for a significant part of the last decade. He casually mentions that a while back his security camera caught an unannounced visit by Izzy Stradlin to his front gate, but quickly adds that he had no interest in getting together with the old school buddy and former collaborator, whom he originally followed to Los Angeles from Indiana. ''It wouldn't be healthy for me,'' Rose explains. ''Izzy went back to Indiana,'' Rose continues, shaking his head in disbelief. ''That pretty much explains the absurdity of the whole goddamn thing. The fucking idea of going back to Indiana - I am not even bagging on Indiana - I just know how much Izzy hated it. I went to high school with this guy. It's pitiful. It was the fame of the heroin addiction and the fear of death. When Izzy woke up in New York with EKG pads all over his body and doesn't know how they got there, and knows, 'I think I OD'd last night and made it back home' - that was pretty much it. Before that he was pulling away, but that was the end. Then when he got straight...I think it really has to do with what it takes to face that big audience. I wouldn't call it stage fright. It's something else, and to psyche yourself up for that, the old Guns doesn't seem to be able to do it without medication.''

Even when it came to picking up tracks for the recent Live Era '87 - 93' retrospective, Rose and Slash - whom Rose describes as ''negatively seductive'' - communicated their song selections only through intermediaries.

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

Rose confesses to being stung by skeptics who doubt what he can do. ''There is the desire definitely to do it, to get over some of the hump of the people that are trying to keep you in the past,'' he says. ''There are people that I thought I was friends with who are all of a sudden in the magazines, going, 'They'll never get anywhere without Slash.' Thanks a lot. Like I made this happen, you know. I basically figured out a way to save my own ass. There was only one way out, and I found it. Otherwise, you know, I believe my career was just going down the toilet. I figured out how to save my ass and then tried to bring everybody with me.''

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2007, 06:33:57 PM »

How about all the interviews where Slash duff matt etc all completely trash Axl and blame everything on him? Compared to these guys, Axl has hardly said anything about his former band member.  ok
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »

Huh

There was the "Oh My God" press release, where he demonstrated the following pettiness:

"Musically the song was primarily written by Paul Huge over two years ago, with Dizzy Reed writing the musical hook of the chorus. Former member Duff McKagan as well as former employee Matt Sorum failed to see its potential and showed no interest in exploring, let alone recording the piece. When the demos were played for the new band, Josh, Tommy and Robin were as they say 'all over it."

---

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.... Not to make a true Guns record. It's kind of like, I don't know, if you know somebody has a relationship, and there's difficulties in that, and Mr. or Mrs. Right doesn't kind of just stumble into their path, or they don't stumble across that person, they can't really get on with things. Somebody didn't come into my radar that would have really replaced Slash in a proper way.

Loder: Yeah.

Rose: And it really wasn't something we were trying to do. We were trying to make things work with Slash for a very, very long time... about three and a half years.

Loder: Wow. Jeez. That's a shame, because it seemed like such a tight unit. This live album seems like a farewell to that era.

Rose: It is exactly that. It's a farewell to that.... It was something we wanted to give to the public in a way of saying farewell. It was a very difficult thing to do, as listening to it and the people involved... [it] wasn't the most emotionally pleasant thing to do.

Loder: At any time, were you thinking of keeping Duff [McKagan] or Matt Sorum or anybody on board too? Or was that all over from the beginning?

Rose: That was their choice to leave. Everybody that's gone did it by choice. Matt was fired, but Matt came in attempting to get fired and told many people so that night. So it's kind of like everybody left by choice. They really didn't think I was going to figure out a way to make a record, [and they] didn't want to help really make a record. Everybody kind of wanted what they wanted individually rather than what's in the best interest of the whole.

Rose: You could find ways to blend all kind of things. It really just takes the right song. I don't personally believe that was the interest of Guns or Slash, I don't believe the right song was the interest. I mean, what people don't know is, the [Slash's] Snakepit album, that is the Guns N' Roses album. I just wouldn't do it.

Loder: Really?

Rose: Oh, yeah! Duff walked out on it, and I walked out on it, because I wasn't allowed to be any part of it. It's like, "No, you do this, that's how it is." And I didn't believe in it. I thought that there were riffs and parts and some ideas, I thought, that needed to be developed. I had no problem working on it, or working with it, but you know, as is, I think I'm with the public on that one.

---

Asked whether he ever considered going under his own name instead of keeping the Guns N` Roses tag, Rose says; ''It is something I lived by before these guys were in it. And there were other people in Guns N` Roses before them, you know. I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to try to kill it and walk away.''

At least one of his former band mates didn't really want any part of that process - ''Slash told me, 'I don't want to work that hard,' '' Rose recalls.

Slash's name pops up repeatedly, invoked in a way that suggests a shellshock husband speaking of an ex-wife after a particularly horrific divorce. ''It was a divorce,'' Rose says with a sad stare. In retrospect, Rose sees the band's massive success as part of it's undoing. ''The proverty is what kept us together,'' he says. ''That was how we became Guns N Roses. Once that changed...'' He turns momentarily quiet. ''Guns N Roses was like the old Stones or whatever,'' he says. ''Not necessarily the friendliest bunch of guys.''

Rose seems estranged from many old associates - a scenario not helped much by the numerous lawsuits that have occupied his attention for a significant part of the last decade. He casually mentions that a while back his security camera caught an unannounced visit by Izzy Stradlin to his front gate, but quickly adds that he had no interest in getting together with the old school buddy and former collaborator, whom he originally followed to Los Angeles from Indiana. ''It wouldn't be healthy for me,'' Rose explains. ''Izzy went back to Indiana,'' Rose continues, shaking his head in disbelief. ''That pretty much explains the absurdity of the whole goddamn thing. The fucking idea of going back to Indiana - I am not even bagging on Indiana - I just know how much Izzy hated it. I went to high school with this guy. It's pitiful. It was the fame of the heroin addiction and the fear of death. When Izzy woke up in New York with EKG pads all over his body and doesn't know how they got there, and knows, 'I think I OD'd last night and made it back home' - that was pretty much it. Before that he was pulling away, but that was the end. Then when he got straight...I think it really has to do with what it takes to face that big audience. I wouldn't call it stage fright. It's something else, and to psyche yourself up for that, the old Guns doesn't seem to be able to do it without medication.''

Even when it came to picking up tracks for the recent Live Era '87 - 93' retrospective, Rose and Slash - whom Rose describes as ''negatively seductive'' - communicated their song selections only through intermediaries.

''I never said that I was bitter,'' Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. ''Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears...hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''

Rose confesses to being stung by skeptics who doubt what he can do. ''There is the desire definitely to do it, to get over some of the hump of the people that are trying to keep you in the past,'' he says. ''There are people that I thought I was friends with who are all of a sudden in the magazines, going, 'They'll never get anywhere without Slash.' Thanks a lot. Like I made this happen, you know. I basically figured out a way to save my own ass. There was only one way out, and I found it. Otherwise, you know, I believe my career was just going down the toilet. I figured out how to save my ass and then tried to bring everybody with me.''

All of those interviews are from before the year 2000. ?The only mention I've seen of Slash in the last few years in an interview was in the January 2006 RS article from the Korn party.

In all fairness, that pettiness you refer to is no more so than the what old GN'R guys have said about him in the press.

Ali
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #332 on: July 24, 2007, 06:39:42 PM »

The report of his poolside chat:

- Everybody hated each other in the band, with the exception of me. Slash was fighting for power with (the guitarist) Izzy (Stradlin) because he wanted to take control of the band and destroy it.

Axl told that the drummer, Steven Adler, used so much drugs that he fell several times from the drums while they were recording. The drum track for the song "Civil War", one of the group's hits, was remixed more than 90 times.

According to what he says Duff McKagan had panic attacks during the performances.

With Slash it wasn't much different, addicted to drugs and alcohol, the guitarist disagreed with the direction of the band:

- Nothing about happiness and love made sense to him. That was the reason why he hated "Sweet Child O' Mine". He only wanted to write songs about drugs and sadness.

The start of the fight between them, was the hospilization of the guitarist in 1992, because of an overdose.

- Do you remember that movie "Pulp Fiction"? He needed to get an injection in the heart like in the movie - he said.

---

One of the brief South American interviews:

Axl: A lot of people on the Internet thought that Slash was in the band, still before they knew Buckethead. People thought that Buckethead was Slash for the hair.

---

The 2002 tour press release:

On the subject of Slash Axl commented:

?Originally I intended to do more of an Appetite style recording but with the changes in the band's dynamics and the band's musical influences at the time it didn't appear realistic. So, I opted for what I thought would or should've made the band and especially Slash very happy. Basically I was interested in making a Slash record with some contributions from everybody else. There?d still be some chemistry and some synergy happening and whatever dynamics anyone else could bring in to the project. It seemed to me that anytime we got close to something that would work, it wasn?t out of opinion that Slash would go ?hey it doesn?t work?, but it was nixed simply because it did work. In other words, ?Whoa, wait a minute. That actually might be successful, we can?t do that.? People like to call me paranoid. It has nothing to do with paranoia; it was to do with reality. If the material were strong enough for me to sink my teeth in then I would still be in a certain public position in regards to Guns, we?d have possibly still held a certain popularity with the public as I have previously been fortunate enough to have had. Slash and his ex-wife Renee and his security guy and closest confidant at the time, Ronnie Stalnacker could not live with that. It?s not something Slash could live with. Slash chose not to be here over control issues. Now people can say ?Well Axl, you?re after control of the band too.? You?re damn skippy. That?s right. I am the one held responsible since day one. When it comes to Guns n? Roses, I may not always get everything right but I do have a good idea about getting things from point A to point B and knowing what the job is that we have to do. Within those parameters, I give everyone as much freedom to do what they want something Slash has verified in several interviews. Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash?s ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out. I don?t know if I would have wanted to even do a world tour at the time but I wanted to put that record together and could we have done it? Yes. It?s not something I would want to approach (without Slash) because at the time there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. We still needed the collaboration of the band as a whole to write the best songs. Since none of that happened, that?s the reason why that material got scrapped. If one were to say well then why not do it now there are several reasons.1) My band, too much time, too much effort and hardship. Confidence in our material. Excitement in watching this grow and being a part of the whole experience. 2) Money. You get what you play for and nothing?s free. Can you cover the cost of this venture and its financial potential that I am just supposed to walk away from and for what? To where? I do not believe in any true effort or potential regarding most of my past relationship from the other party or parties, creatively or emotionally. Without that the money from a reunion doesn't mean much and though I'm sure the alumni is up for it for me it would be as or more lacking than it was during our attempts to work together previously. As a friend and former friend of Slash said to me in regards to working with Slash, "you can only do so many pull ups." This is my shot and you can root for me to fail all you want, but there is simply way too much put into this to cater to someone else's selfish needs and destroy peoples dreams I truly care about including my own. Not too mention that though I've fought what feels like the heart of the nature of this entire industry, my own people would probably eat me alive if I opted for a lesser course. 3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does. Duff's support for the man though understandable in one sense in regard to his circumstances, is inexcusable, and furthers my distance from the two of them. For me Matt doesn't figure into the equation and for as much as I was a friend to him he was incapable of reciprocating and life is much better without such an obvious albatross. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the alumni in regard to their prior performances on record or touring to support the albums. I know how I was treated and more importantly I know how they treated others during both of these things, it's not a way anyone should be forced or even asked to work. And for the record I'm referring to Slash and Matt in regards to their actions and behavior, Duff played more of a supporting role (for reasons I've never understood). For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?

---

The lawsuit press releases, which I wont even quote from. 

The brief Rolling Stone interview.

And as you mentioned, the concert rants.

There was also the Eddie Trunk interview, in which I dont believe he mentioned the former members, a couple of very brief radio interviews, and a few press releases in which he didnt mention the former members.  If theres any interviews Im forgetting, please let me know.

So stating that "He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews" is simply inaccurate.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:41:20 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »

Huh

---

---

All of those interviews are from before the year 2000. ?The only mention I've seen of Slash in the last few years in an interview was in the January 2006 RS article from the Korn party.

In all fairness, that pettiness you refer to is no more so than the what old GN'R guys have said about him in the press.

Ali

axl spoke about slash in a interview at some airport in 2002 too.. i think it was before som osaka gig or something like that ?ok (jim bob has a very small part of it in his siggy)
Ali
Legend

« Reply #334 on: July 24, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »

The report of his poolside chat:

- Everybody hated each other in the band, with the exception of me. Slash was fighting for power with (the guitarist) Izzy (Stradlin) because he wanted to take control of the band and destroy it.

Axl told that the drummer, Steven Adler, used so much drugs that he fell several times from the drums while they were recording. The drum track for the song "Civil War", one of the group's hits, was remixed more than 90 times.

According to what he says Duff McKagan had panic attacks during the performances.

With Slash it wasn't much different, addicted to drugs and alcohol, the guitarist disagreed with the direction of the band:

- Nothing about happiness and love made sense to him. That was the reason why he hated "Sweet Child O' Mine". He only wanted to write songs about drugs and sadness.

The start of the fight between them, was the hospilization of the guitarist in 1992, because of an overdose.

- Do you remember that movie "Pulp Fiction"? He needed to get an injection in the heart like in the movie - he said.

---

One of the brief South American interviews:

Axl: A lot of people on the Internet thought that Slash was in the band, still before they knew Buckethead. People thought that Buckethead was Slash for the hair.

---

The 2002 tour press release:

On the subject of Slash Axl commented:

?Originally I intended to do more of an Appetite style recording but with the changes in the band's dynamics and the band's musical influences at the time it didn't appear realistic. So, I opted for what I thought would or should've made the band and especially Slash very happy. Basically I was interested in making a Slash record with some contributions from everybody else. There?d still be some chemistry and some synergy happening and whatever dynamics anyone else could bring in to the project. It seemed to me that anytime we got close to something that would work, it wasn?t out of opinion that Slash would go ?hey it doesn?t work?, but it was nixed simply because it did work. In other words, ?Whoa, wait a minute. That actually might be successful, we can?t do that.? People like to call me paranoid. It has nothing to do with paranoia; it was to do with reality. If the material were strong enough for me to sink my teeth in then I would still be in a certain public position in regards to Guns, we?d have possibly still held a certain popularity with the public as I have previously been fortunate enough to have had. Slash and his ex-wife Renee and his security guy and closest confidant at the time, Ronnie Stalnacker could not live with that. It?s not something Slash could live with. Slash chose not to be here over control issues. Now people can say ?Well Axl, you?re after control of the band too.? You?re damn skippy. That?s right. I am the one held responsible since day one. When it comes to Guns n? Roses, I may not always get everything right but I do have a good idea about getting things from point A to point B and knowing what the job is that we have to do. Within those parameters, I give everyone as much freedom to do what they want something Slash has verified in several interviews. Had Slash stepped up and written what we captured glimpses of, it would have created an environment that was beyond Slash?s ability to control. He did not want to do that or put himself through the rigors of taking the band to that level even if he was capable of writing it. Was he capable of doing it? Absolutely 100%. I think that some of the riffs that were coming out of him were the meanest, most contemporary, bluesiest, rocking thing since Aerosmith?s Rocks. The 2000 version of Aerosmith Rocks or the 1996 Aerosmith Rocks by the time we would have put it out. I don?t know if I would have wanted to even do a world tour at the time but I wanted to put that record together and could we have done it? Yes. It?s not something I would want to approach (without Slash) because at the time there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. We still needed the collaboration of the band as a whole to write the best songs. Since none of that happened, that?s the reason why that material got scrapped. If one were to say well then why not do it now there are several reasons.1) My band, too much time, too much effort and hardship. Confidence in our material. Excitement in watching this grow and being a part of the whole experience. 2) Money. You get what you play for and nothing?s free. Can you cover the cost of this venture and its financial potential that I am just supposed to walk away from and for what? To where? I do not believe in any true effort or potential regarding most of my past relationship from the other party or parties, creatively or emotionally. Without that the money from a reunion doesn't mean much and though I'm sure the alumni is up for it for me it would be as or more lacking than it was during our attempts to work together previously. As a friend and former friend of Slash said to me in regards to working with Slash, "you can only do so many pull ups." This is my shot and you can root for me to fail all you want, but there is simply way too much put into this to cater to someone else's selfish needs and destroy peoples dreams I truly care about including my own. Not too mention that though I've fought what feels like the heart of the nature of this entire industry, my own people would probably eat me alive if I opted for a lesser course. 3) Slash has lied about nearly everything and anything to nearly everyone and anyone. It's who he is. It's what he does. Duff's support for the man though understandable in one sense in regard to his circumstances, is inexcusable, and furthers my distance from the two of them. For me Matt doesn't figure into the equation and for as much as I was a friend to him he was incapable of reciprocating and life is much better without such an obvious albatross. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the alumni in regard to their prior performances on record or touring to support the albums. I know how I was treated and more importantly I know how they treated others during both of these things, it's not a way anyone should be forced or even asked to work. And for the record I'm referring to Slash and Matt in regards to their actions and behavior, Duff played more of a supporting role (for reasons I've never understood). For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?

---

The lawsuit press releases, which I wont even quote from.?

The brief Rolling Stone interview.

And as you mentioned, the concert rants.

There was also the Eddie Trunk interview, in which I dont believe he mentioned the former members, a couple of very brief radio interviews, and a few press releases in which he didnt mention the former members.? If theres any interviews Im forgetting, please let me know.

So stating that "He has barely mentioned the ex-members in interviews" is simply inaccurate.

I forgot about the 2002 tour press release, but the frequency of his mentioning the old members publicly has diminished greatly from '99 to early '01 to virtually nothing during the past year.  That much is undeniable.  The lawsuit press release is press release and not an interview.

Name one rant from the 2006-2007 tours where he has mentioned the old members.  I can't.

Ali
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #335 on: July 24, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »

I forgot about the 2002 tour press release, but the frequency of his mentioning the old members publicly has diminished greatly from '99 to early '01 to virtually nothing during the past year.  That much is undeniable.  The lawsuit press release is press release and not an interview.

Does the fact that its a press release and not an interview really make a difference?  If Slash and Duff mentioned Axl in press releases, would you guys suddenly be okay with it?

To state that Axl has barely mentioned the former members is false.  He hasnt given many interviews, but has mentioned the former members in most of them.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #336 on: July 24, 2007, 07:22:28 PM »

I forgot about the 2002 tour press release, but the frequency of his mentioning the old members publicly has diminished greatly from '99 to early '01 to virtually nothing during the past year.? That much is undeniable.? The lawsuit press release is press release and not an interview.

Does the fact that its a press release and not an interview really make a difference?? If Slash and Duff mentioned Axl in press releases, would you guys suddenly be okay with it?

To state that Axl has barely mentioned the former members is false.? He hasnt given many interviews, but has mentioned the former members in most of them.

You said that to say Axl hasn't mentioned Slash in interviews is inaccurate.? I said that he has, but the frequency in which he has mentioned the old members has greatly decreased in the last several years to almost nothing the past two years.? The difference with the legal press release as opposed to the 2002 tour press release you mentioned is that one directly quoted Axl the other didn't.?

His biggest, longest interview this decade, the Eddie Trunk show, was one were he never mentioned Slash or Duff once.

Ali
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »

^
U obviously havent paid much attention to this forum.

Look at people like Jarmo who use to love Velvet Revolver and would post their news on the main page.

Now, Since Scott started running his mouth, he doesn't and I bet a WHOLE lot of GNR fans share the same sentiment.

I don't want to put words in Jarmo's mouth, but I don't think he ever 'loved" Velvet Revovler.

Lack of sales have nothing to do with any kind of Axl Rose/Weiland feud. They just don't.

Are some suggesting that Jarmo's feelings towards VR have affected sales for VR? When Tommy Stinson solo albums and Izzy Solo albums make the front page news and VR doesn't that does mean their is a slight bias against VR. So forum wise only, I could see VR sales dropping here. Outside of forum, has no effect. What sux is Jim Bob, an anti VR guy, downloaded it for free, then bashes the album. Atleast he could have paid for it, like I will Chinese Democracy.

I won't. now that I know this, Im gonna follow JB's example and download CD like he did with Libertad. if it comes out that is.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #338 on: July 24, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »

What Ali said.

Hey Booker, maybe you can e-mail the VR camp and tell them to look up the phrases "next question please" and "no comment".

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »

His biggest, longest interview this decade, the Eddie Trunk show, was one were he never mentioned Slash or Duff once.

Ali

Was he asked?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: