Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad debuts well below Contraband
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad debuts well below Contraband  (Read 88778 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2007, 10:04:40 PM »

I wonder if Scott ru nning his mouth about Axl turned off any GNR fans that would normally buy the record?

Makes u wonder........

D ....This is great point. I have also wondered about this very thing, but have not seen anyone else address this.  He may have under-estimated some hardcore fan's
loyalty to Axl and could have cost himself a few fans in the process.

This surely wasn't the case for me, as I bought both albums, but cannot stress enough how dissapointed I am in Libertad, but some of Weiland's comments regarding Axl were pretty rough.

GeraldFord
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2007, 08:24:57 AM »

I wonder if Scott ru nning his mouth about Axl turned off any GNR fans that would normally buy the record?

Makes u wonder........

D ....This is great point. I have also wondered about this very thing, but have not seen anyone else address this.? He may have under-estimated some hardcore fan's
loyalty to Axl and could have cost himself a few fans in the process.

This surely wasn't the case for me, as I bought both albums, but cannot stress enough how dissapointed I am in Libertad, but some of Weiland's comments regarding Axl were pretty rough.

Completely absurd. Sorry D.

Any kind of band feud between Weiland/VR and Axl/Guns N' Roses will not diminish any sales. Look at the Van Halen-Roth war that lasted for ten years. No one said "gee, I'm not going to buy a Dave album or a Van Halen album because Dave said... or Sammy said..." People still bought Van Halen albums because they liked the music and stopped buying Dave's albums because they didn't.

So no. Millions of fans are not saying "I'd like to buy Libertad but wont because Weiland insulted Axl."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2007, 02:32:17 PM »

^
U obviously havent paid much attention to this forum.

Look at people like Jarmo who use to love Velvet Revolver and would post their news on the main page.

Now, Since Scott started running his mouth, he doesn't and I bet a WHOLE lot of GNR fans share the same sentiment.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2007, 02:38:20 PM »

^

Look at people like Jarmo who use to love Velvet Revolver and would post their news on the main page.

Now, Since Scott started running his mouth, he doesn't and I bet a WHOLE lot of GNR fans share the same sentiment.

Yeah, that and the fact that was goes on with Van Halen's fan base has nothing whatsoever to do with what might go on with Velvet Revolver's fan base.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2007, 04:39:52 PM »

^

It's actually a good point.  A lot of the people who bought Contraband bought it because they're big GnR fans.  Weiland insulted a lot of Velvet Revolver's fanbase when he said the man who played a huge role in creating the music GnR fans love has no talent and all the other bullshit.  It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. 

Just like there'd be backlash if Axl was in a band, whether it carried the GnR name or not, and the lead guitarist started saying Slash is a hack who was never any good
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:41:33 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2007, 04:52:16 PM »

^

It's actually a good point.? A lot of the people who bought Contraband bought it because they're big GnR fans.? Weiland insulted a lot of Velvet Revolver's fanbase when he said the man who played a huge role in creating the music GnR fans love has no talent and all the other bullshit.? It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.?

Did he actually say he had no talent Huh Huh

I know he spent a lot of breath on Axl's appearance but I never heard him actually say something THAT stupid Shocked
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »

^

It's actually a good point.  A lot of the people who bought Contraband bought it because they're big GnR fans.  Weiland insulted a lot of Velvet Revolver's fanbase when he said the man who played a huge role in creating the music GnR fans love has no talent and all the other bullshit.  It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. 

Did he actually say he had no talent Huh Huh

I know he spent a lot of breath on Axl's appearance but I never heard him actually say something THAT stupid Shocked

Basically.  He said he's unoriginal and uncreative, which is absurd by any count but especially absurd considering the source
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »

I like both scott and axl and wish they could they could have gotten along seeing how they both have a common goal to create good rock music. With that said, god that letter to axl from scott was hilarious, reading it you can't help but get the sense that this is some strong unadulterated ownage.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2007, 07:07:42 PM »

I like both scott and axl and wish they could they could have gotten along seeing how they both have a common goal to create good rock music. With that said, god that letter to axl from scott was hilarious, reading it you can't help but get the sense that this is some strong unadulterated ownage.

You're not suggesting Scott "owned" Axl right?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #249 on: July 21, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »

I would say the only ownage that occurred was Weiland allegedly getting called a fraud by the lead guitarist in his own band and then flipping out and throwing childish insults at someone else to try to deflect the humiliation he obviously felt
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2007, 08:16:23 PM »

^

That MAY be true, but the reason not as many people seem to be amped about VR this time around could be because GNR is actually relevant and active right now.  Back when Contraband was released it wasn't clear if we'd ever hear from Axl again.  I for one, took what I could get and that was Slash and the rest of the guys from VR.  I bought Libertad but I've gotta say I wasn't nearly as excited about it this time.  I didn't care for Scott's comments about Axl.  That definitely brought him down a few notches in my book, but he's only one member of the band.  And Slash will always outweigh any douchebag that may try to tarnish Axl's reputation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »

That MAY be true, but the reason not as many people seem to be amped about VR this time around could be because GNR is actually relevant and active right now.? Back when Contraband was released it wasn't clear if we'd ever hear from Axl again.? I for one, took what I could get and that was Slash and the rest of the guys from VR.? I bought Libertad but I've gotta say I wasn't nearly as excited about it this time.? I didn't care for Scott's comments about Axl.? That definitely brought him down a few notches in my book, but he's only one member of the band.? And Slash will always outweigh any douchebag that may try to tarnish Axl's reputation.

I like the way you think Faldor - Well said on all accounts.
GeraldFord
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »

^

I don't want to put words in Jarmo's mouth, but I don't think he ever 'loved" Velvet Revovler.

Lack of sales have nothing to do with any kind of Axl Rose/Weiland feud. They just don't.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »

^

I don't want to put words in Jarmo's mouth, but I don't think he ever 'loved" Velvet Revovler.

Lack of sales have nothing to do with any kind of Axl Rose/Weiland feud. They just don't.

Are some suggesting that Jarmo's feelings towards VR have affected sales for VR?  When Tommy Stinson solo albums and Izzy Solo albums make the front page news and VR doesn't that does mean their is a slight bias against VR.  So forum wise only, I could see VR sales dropping here.  Outside of forum, has no effect.  What sux is Jim Bob, an anti VR guy, downloaded it for free, then bashes the album.  Atleast he could have paid for it, like I will Chinese Democracy. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »

why would i pay for shit music?

i downloaded it a week or so before it was released (just like the rest of you).  and if I thought it was a solid album, I would have bought it.  I'm not a cheap mother fucker and I can afford to buy CDs when I feel the urge.   But for 2 songs?  No fucking way.

I dont get what GnR's upcoming album has to do wtih the topic.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2007, 05:58:09 PM »

why would i pay for shit music?

i downloaded it a week or so before it was released (just like the rest of you).? and if I thought it was a solid album, I would have bought it.? I'm not a cheap mother fucker and I can afford to buy CDs when I feel the urge.? ?But for 2 songs?? No fucking way.

I dont get what GnR's upcoming album has to do wtih the topic.

I don't either.  Why did you bring up the upcoming album?  Now way would you ever think its a solid album.  I know that going in, and I like what you have to say, but if you think I think you can be objective you are nuts.  I didn't say anything bad, just that the leak hurt sales only for forum members on this site.  And in 04, news and updates made the main page news.  But a lot has changed since then. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2007, 06:46:36 PM »

I don't either.  Why did you bring up the upcoming album?
are you that fucking senile that you don't remember what you posted earlier today?  Undecided  YOU brought it up.

Atleast he could have paid for it, like I will Chinese Democracy. 

and yes I gave Libertad plenty of objective listens.   I'm glad I was able to download it otherwise I would have wasted my money, because the cd would have gotten virtually no play after a few listens.  I would have ripped two songs to my computer and left it at that.  but if they release Let It Roll as a single, I'll buy that.  yes

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »

I don't either.? Why did you bring up the upcoming album?
are you that fucking senile that you don't remember what you posted earlier today?? Undecided? YOU brought it up.

Atleast he could have paid for it, like I will Chinese Democracy.?

and yes I gave Libertad plenty of objective listens.? ?I'm glad I was able to download it otherwise I would have wasted my money, because the cd would have gotten virtually no play after a few listens.? I would have ripped two songs to my computer and left it at that.? but if they release Let It Roll as a single, I'll buy that.? yes

Ha!!  Jim Bob!  I was messing with you!  Just giving you a hard time.  Let It Roll is a good tune!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »

The number of fans (few in number) who may have been turned off by Scott critizing Axl is outweighed by the greater number of fans who appreciate  new music and a new album and a kick ass album.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2007, 09:07:49 AM »

The number of fans (few in number) who may have been turned off by Scott critizing Axl is outweighed by the greater number of fans who appreciate new music and a new album and a kick ass album.

Seriously... how many people even know that Scott wrote that stuff about Axl?  Only the message board geeks.

It's not like Axl reflects well from that incident either.  Regardless of whether or not what he said was the truth, it's not like he's a class act for putting that stuff in the press release in the first place.  I doubt that will have a serious impact on Chinese Democracy sales, though.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: