Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  VR section
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR section  (Read 41761 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »

Anyone just has to click on your profile Jimmerjammer to see just how much you bashed over and over and over again one of the biggest bashers at our site infact before we cut you lose.    This thread just shows how pissed off you are at that fact.

Keep trying to scam people for leaks too, that went over well.

I was going to ignore this shit from the rov street teamm but after reading this I can't resist. Almost every single one of you over there have bashed this board and Jarmo on a regular basis. Hell I can even remember a thread with you're good buddy jameslofton bashing the shit out of Jarmo because james wasn't picked as a mod here. That's the kind of people that are at rov, and then you wonder why people say bad shit about you guys over there.  Roll Eyes
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 05:47:45 PM »

Sorry, ROV Team, but I was banned for sticking up for Mysteron.

I called your "god" James Lofton a stupid shit or something, and he is.

You guys have / had a whole post dedicated to an individual who supplies insider info and who has allowed fans pre sales. To me that is a good guy, and none of you guys are insiders so it comes off as jealous.

If I ever said anything bad about Jarmo or this site I am sorry, but upon my recollection I have not. It is a fact the computer I use in my apartment is a shared computer and 2 of my roomates have changed my messages and gone on my board accounts. So sorry, and no I don't have to explain myself anymore.

The fact of the matter is I am not a hater, I have been frustrated sometimes but I want this band to succeed.

As for leaks, I didn't want any, I just wanted to? and did prove that some people are flip floppers.

The fact of the matter, this is about the Velvet Revolver section being moved and I am glad it is moved.

In conclusion, get a life (ROV team).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:17:53 AM by J? » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2007, 05:49:16 PM »

Hey Jarmo

When the fuck are we gonna get a Bon Jovi sub board in Bad Obsession? hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 05:58:21 PM »

I think I visited that section once or twice (the VR section) and actually didn't even notice the change before reading this thread lol, so it's not like it's gonna change my life. I don't see what the big deal is. I'm sure there are lots of boards out there for VR fans (and I respect them, I just...dislike the singer of the band they're rooting for). No harm done here. It's a Guns N' Roses board after all.

As for the SLC thing...it took me a while to see that the "real" SLC didn't have SLC in his screenname (unless it changed again), I have to click on their screennames to see if I know them or not. A bit annoying, but it'll pass. It always does.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 06:15:10 PM »

Good call, and hopefully some of the people who are in love with Velvet Revolver and have a negative view of GnR will find somewhere else to post.  There are plenty of GnR "fan" sites where the crybabies can gather and bitch about Guns to their hearts content.  Thankfully, this isn't one of those sites
Olorin
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 06:34:04 PM »

You have the section "wasnt yesterdays great", why not have a couple of sub sections in there like:

Paradise City - Discuss the GN'R era from the 80's

Get In The Ring- Discuss the GN'R era from the 90's

Estranged - Discuss former members other projects

Mabye not as detailed as that, but something clearly defining the bounderies between past and present.
I think that this could be a fairly decent way to smooth over some of the problems that running a fan site for Guns N Roses brings. It is a complex history and many people do visit this site just to read and learn about the band and also to discuss it with fellow fans.
 Most of the people who come here just read, they dont really post and they dont spam the board with futile arguments.

They come to read about the band they wanna know about, and the band they wanna know about has been around since the 80's up to today. Thats a lot of history and it may work well for visitors if it was strutured a little clearer.

It would be cool if folk could freely discuss and ask questions about the Guns N Roses they know from their album covers (for the younger folk) or sharing memories and stories of those days (for the old timers 20/30 somethings Lips Sealed)

I have never seen the point in having a Velvet Revover section, it is a completely different band and should be filed under other projects.

Then mabye that would free up the main Guns N Roses section for discussion for the current era, the recent tours and future tours, the new songs, the new album, the members who are currently in GN'R etc. To discuss what Guns N Roses is today and tomorrow.

I know you say you wont pander to anyone, but mabye this way you can state that the Guns N Roses section is for discussion of the present band, not the past and visitors to the site will be less tetchy and wont feel as if they are being denied something.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:45:50 PM by Olorin » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »

Good call, and hopefully some of the people who are in love with Velvet Revolver and have a negative view of GnR will find somewhere else to post.  There are plenty of GnR "fan" sites where the crybabies can gather and bitch about Guns to their hearts content.  Thankfully, this isn't one of those sites
*cough* my gnr *cough*

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:40 PM »

I know you say you wont pander to anyone, but mabye this way you can state that the Guns N Roses section is for discussion of the present band, not the past and visitors to the site will be less tetchy and wont feel as if they are being denied something.

You must've misunderstood something.

We don't deny the past.

Just because we don't want people here who says things like "I only support the real GN'R" or "I love GN'R, but they don't exist anymore".

The focus is obviously on the present. But If I feel like posting a question about the November Rain video, I'll do so in the GN'R section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MCT
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2007, 10:19:17 PM »

Posting shit from other message forums is fuckin Lame

Except for tinfoil crossover shit. That's fuckin' kool.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2007, 10:39:49 PM »

Except for tinfoil crossover shit. That's fuckin' kool.

It's spelled KEWL.

That will be all.

beer
MCT
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »

Well played...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2007, 01:00:06 AM »

You have the section "wasnt yesterdays great", why not have a couple of sub sections in there like:

Paradise City - Discuss the GN'R era from the 80's

Get In The Ring- Discuss the GN'R era from the 90's

Estranged - Discuss former members other projects

Mabye not as detailed as that, but something clearly defining the bounderies between past and present.
I think that this could be a fairly decent way to smooth over some of the problems that running a fan site for Guns N Roses brings. It is a complex history and many people do visit this site just to read and learn about the band and also to discuss it with fellow fans.
 Most of the people who come here just read, they dont really post and they dont spam the board with futile arguments.

They come to read about the band they wanna know about, and the band they wanna know about has been around since the 80's up to today. Thats a lot of history and it may work well for visitors if it was strutured a little clearer.

It would be cool if folk could freely discuss and ask questions about the Guns N Roses they know from their album covers (for the younger folk) or sharing memories and stories of those days (for the old timers 20/30 somethings Lips Sealed)

I have never seen the point in having a Velvet Revover section, it is a completely different band and should be filed under other projects.

Then mabye that would free up the main Guns N Roses section for discussion for the current era, the recent tours and future tours, the new songs, the new album, the members who are currently in GN'R etc. To discuss what Guns N Roses is today and tomorrow.

Well the point to a VR board IMO is that the ex gunners section would get insane with topics on them , its inevitable that it would. I don't see what the issue is , just click the little Velvet Revolver child forum link underneath the Ex Gunners section and you're set to go. But I agree having a certain board to post for only a specific era is a good idea.
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2007, 04:17:30 AM »

Hmmm.

I happen to think that the SLC Army are pretty funny. And, on a slightly related note, that "Prostitute for the Sterling Pictures" comment that someone made was downright hilarious.

I've lurked around the ROV board a little, and while they seem like decent enough people, their constant negativity makes the board almost unreadable. Ironically, DoubleTalkingJive is one of the least negative posters there, and "J" was one of the most negative. So this whole change of attitude wreaks of desperate hypocrisy - which would be a great album title, by the way.

And I think turning the Velvet Revolver section into a sub-forum was a good decision. Of course, Jarmo and Jim Bob staying away from that sub-forum as much as possible would be an even better decision, but what can you do.

Alright, I'm done commenting on everyone. Feel free to keep arguing though...
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2007, 04:25:25 AM »

Hmmm.

I happen to think that the SLC Army are pretty funny. And, on a slightly related note, that "Prostitute for the Sterling Pictures" comment that someone made was downright hilarious.

I've lurked around the ROV board a little, and while they seem like decent enough people, their constant negativity makes the board almost unreadable. Ironically, DoubleTalkingJive is one of the least negative posters there, and "J" was one of the most negative. So this whole change of attitude wreaks of desperate hypocrisy - which would be a great album title, by the way.

And I think turning the Velvet Revolver section into a sub-forum was a good decision. Of course, Jarmo and Jim Bob staying away from that sub-forum as much as possible would be an even better decision, but what can you do.

Alright, I'm done commenting on everyone. Feel free to keep arguing though...

Exactly , It feels like JB and Jarmo go in there , just to stir stuff up and start controversy and than complain about how the VR forum is horrible and too many people say this or that , and its like well sometimes it feels provoked.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2007, 04:30:08 AM »

what do I say in there that's so bad?  Cool

I got banned on another board today for "hijacking" a VR concert thread when all I did was disagree with someone's statement.   yet at that very same board the GnR section gets FLOODED with hate, negativity, poking fun the band at their expense, and velvet revolver shit.     And most of the trolls doing it have been doing it for months, even years.

My point is, there are plenty of other boards out there that claim to be Guns N' Roses boards but embrace Velvet Revolver even more than the band the forum is named after!    Check out those sites if its such a big deal.   The double standards are fucking insane and so I don't see why this board can't have more of a GnR focus and let the VR shit take a back seat.   Way the fuck in the back.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2007, 04:32:59 AM »

what do I say in there that's so bad?  Cool

I got banned on another board today for "hijacking" a VR concert thread when all I did was disagree with someone's statement.   yet at that very same board the GnR section gets FLOODED with hate, negativity, poking fun the band at their expense, and velvet revolver shit.     And most of the trolls doing it have been doing it for months, even years.

My point is, there are plenty of other boards out there that claim to be Guns N' Roses boards but embrace Velvet Revolver even more than the band the forum is named after!     The double standards are fucking insane and so I don't see why this board can't have more of a GnR focus and let the VR shit take a back seat.   Way the fuck in the back.

They embrace a certain era of the band , you have to face it that YES to some people ( sadly ) Guns N Roses will to them be Axl and Slash , some go as far to say Axl , Slash , Izzy , Duff and Steven. I don't find a problem with the last statement though , obviously this isn't a Velvet Revolver forum , sure we have some VR fans but as stated its a GNR board , and its clear that the administration wants to focus on the NOW not the PAST. VR have their own board , for their fans on this site. If you aren't a fan don't come in pretty simple.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2007, 04:42:54 AM »

People don't understand that this forum has a different focus, just because there is a section dedicated to VR here it doesn't mean that people who post in the VR section have to be fans of VR. People who support this site offer a different point of view about the VR situation that Duff and Slash have found themselves in.

If you just want to read positive comments about VR, there are other sites for that.

There are people here old enough to remember GN'R in the 80s and the strange feeling of 'brotherhood'/togetherness that the band gave to the world...........

Sometimes, it is good for Slash and Duff to hear the constructive criticism from their 'fans' in the 80s. We are sometimes harsh but if your friends can't tell you the truth then who can?

Come on now, enough's enough! Scott does the Nazi salute way too freely.
 no

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2007, 04:56:13 AM »

People don't understand that this forum has a different focus, just because there is a section dedicated to VR here it doesn't mean that people who post in the VR section have to be fans of VR. People who support this site offer a different point of view about the VR situation that Duff and Slash have found themselves in.

If you just want to read positive comments about VR, there are other sites for that.

There are people here old enough to remember GN'R in the 80s and the strange feeling of 'brotherhood'/togetherness that the band gave to the world...........

Sometimes, it is good for Slash and Duff to hear the constructive criticism from their 'fans' in the 80s. We are sometimes harsh but if your friends can't tell you the truth then who can?

no

That defeats the purpose of everything because in THAT case check this out

There are people here who are from the 80's and DON'T like NEW GNR , and sometimes they post comments , its good for Axl to hear constructive criticism from "fans' in the 80's right? We are harsh but someone needs to say it right?

I mean its retarded if you don't like VR why post in the section? Just to stir stuff up and cause problems.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2007, 05:13:12 AM »

no

There are people here who are from the 80's and DON'T like NEW GNR , and sometimes they post comments , its good for Axl to hear constructive criticism from "fans' in the 80's right? We are harsh but someone needs to say it right?

I mean its retarded if you don't like VR why post in the section? Just to stir stuff up and cause problems.

You need to understand the point of this forum. People here support Guns N' Roses. We give all our support to Axl and the band. That is the main focus of this site. Respect it. If you can't get your head around it go elsewhere.

As far as giving Axl some constructive criticsim from fans in the 80s, it would be good if those 'fans' had their facts straight before opening their mouths to criticize something they really know little about.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2007, 05:23:54 AM »

no

You need to understand the point of this forum. People here support Guns N' Roses. We give all our support to Axl and the band. That is the main focus of this site. Respect it. If you can't get your head around it go elsewhere.

As far as giving Axl some constructive criticsim from fans in the 80s, it would be good if those 'fans' had their facts straight before opening their mouths to criticize something they really know little about.

No I completely understand that I'm saying do you see how stupid my statement sounded , thats how it sounds for you to say that about non VR fans on the VR board. The same can go for VR and criticism from old fans.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: