Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash - Spinner Interview
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash - Spinner Interview  (Read 29527 times)
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »

and when they aren't, he still talk about axl. that's my point here.

Look at the latest interview look how it OPENS up , first question

Q: Despite the success of Velvet Revolver, wherever you go, there's a GN'R reminder.

A: I know. Look at the cover of Rolling Stone. It's interesting to me that no matter what, that band is still on people's minds. It's on the edge of people's lips, good or bad, that's cool. I just don't know why they have an article on Velvet Revolver in the same issue.

RTK
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »

It's ridiculous how people are scrutinizing Slash for talking about Axl.  He obviously gets asked about him every time, and when a press release from the Axl camp talks about Slash and causes problems in VR, its alright to discuss it.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2007, 03:18:36 PM »

maybe on their website but where else
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »

it's because Axl was involved, whether inadvertently or not, in causing friction in VR, and Slash feels he should divulge the source of the friction.

the only source of the friction is slash himself, calling his frontman a fraud, duff spineless and saying he hates sorum.

btw, he's 42  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »

shit man, nothing is good enough for you cynical mother fuckers.   nothing will ever be good enough.

fuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPUyIub_pkM
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2007, 03:38:05 PM »

http://2006.downloadfestival.co.uk/gallery/index.aspx?f=Artists%20-%20Guns%20N'%20Roses%20(PG%20Brunelli)

http://2006.downloadfestival.co.uk/gallery/index.aspx?f=Artists%20-%20Guns%20N'%20Roses%20(D%20Nicoll)

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 04:03:21 PM »

Good lord, that quote by Slash about people looking at stuff way too seriously is so right on when you read this thread. We've got 7 pages of people bitching about whether or not people can really recognize it's a new GNR! OMGZ!!!

I think that was definitely the case during the 2002. Even with the VMA appearence, people had no idea who was who in the band. It's the same now, obviously it's not as much, but there's still plenty of casual fans who aren't dialed into the world of GNR like posters on these boards are and just see one TV spot or here one radio ad promoting a concert and have no idea it's a new band.

When they were playing ads on KROQ for GNR's L.A. concerts, they never mentioned a new band or new members ONCE and all the songs they played were original GNR songs (Nightrain, WTTJ, SCOM). Those TV ads they've run in different cities for concerts show the guitarists for a total of maybe 5 seconds so it's not hard to imagine how many fans get confused.

The website doesn't help. Yeah, if you go read every story on the website you might eventually figure it out, but there is absolutely nowhere on the website that lists who is in the band, what they play and what their names are. There are no bios. Nothing.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 05:54:44 PM »

Not to be a dick but VR fans need to re think the whole " well they aren't even marketed as a new GNR " ok say maybe people don't know slash quit the band what does that say about VR? When people don't even know that Slash and Duff have a new band that speaks volumes about VR. Why should Axl or GNR management have to market a new band? VR needs to do a better job of putting themselves out there maybe , think about it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 06:00:35 PM »

What does GN'R have control over?  Their own website.  That's all they have control over and they use it responsibly to promote GN'R as a new band.  Period.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »

Not to be a dick but VR fans need to re think the whole " well they aren't even marketed as a new GNR " ok say maybe people don't know slash quit the band what does that say about VR? When people don't even know that Slash and Duff have a new band that speaks volumes about VR. Why should Axl or GNR management have to market a new band? VR needs to do a better job of putting themselves out there maybe , think about it.

for once I agree.   Slash was the one who left the band, and its been so long that most people are aware of the fact that he's not in the band.   All the promo/commericals I've seen show the guys who are in the band now.   
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2007, 08:42:14 AM »

and even if a lot of people are unaware to know who is in GNR these days,
everyone knows velvet revolver and who are the members of this band, so...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »

I was at a club last Friday and I was asking around if people went to the GN'R concert and spreading the word that the new album should be good, going by what was heard at the concert.

I was amazed at the reponse "But it's not GN'R!" and the amount of hostility towards Axl and how he did the dirty on Slash. Now the person I was talking to was Indigenous Australian and so obviously he'd also heard the lies about Axl being rascist. As I've said before GN'R completely disappeared from Australian media for the past 14 yrs. That's one of the reasons why they had to come here before releasing the album.

That's how damaging this constant bickering is. I really had to calm down this guy by saying, look don't believe everything you read - certainly Axl and Slash don'y feel so bitterly towards eachother. They certainly don't share the same venom that many VR fans and fans of the second 'original' GN'R seem to display. It's all media hype!!!

It would be a good thing when the album comes out and people hear "The Blues" to know exactly how Axl feels about it.

(That is, if you want to believe that the song may be about Slash)...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:07:55 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »

I was at a club last Friday and I was asking around if people went to the GN'R concert and spreading the word that the new album should be good, going by what was heard at the concert.

I was amazed at the reponse "But it's not GN'R!" and the amount of hostility towards Axl and how he did the dirty on Slash. Now the person I was talking to was Indigenous Australian and so obviously he'd also heard the lies about Axl being rascist. As I've said before GN'R completely disappeared from Australian media for the past 14 yrs. That's one of the reasons why they had to come here before releasing the album.

That's how damaging this constant bickering is. I really had to calm down this guy by saying, look don't believe everything you read - certainly Axl and Slash don'y feel so bitterly towards eachother. They certainly don't share the same venom that many VR fans and fans of the second 'original' GN'R seem to display. It's all media hype!!!

It would be a good thing when the album comes out and people hear "The Blues" to know exactly how Axl feels about it.

(That is, if you want to believe that the song may be about Slash)...

I've been telling you everyone here that that is the mentality of the general public!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2007, 01:26:15 PM »

Good thing this site is here to educate people then!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2007, 02:28:38 PM »

I was at a club last Friday

They let you out of your cell for that long?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2007, 03:58:24 PM »

rofl rofl
Oh my God, that's great!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »

I've been a real good girl!

rofl

(I see that you still haven't forgiven me for the hair comment that I made in another thread...)  Tongue

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »

No, I just don't like you or your spamming.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: