Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash - Spinner Interview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash - Spinner Interview  (Read 29513 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 12:57:54 PM »

So, I'm really amazed to meet people that are like, "Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there."

Imagine you were uninformed enough to attend a concert not knowing who is in the band.  At that point you MUST have learned that Slash quit the band 10 years ago.  But when you run into Slash a few days later you would say "Yeah, I went down to see Guns N' Roses the other day and you and Duff weren't there."  hihi Grin

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2007, 01:05:12 PM »

? ? Holy Christ, enough already. ?It's really about listening to something you enjoy right? ?The interview took place in a pub and I doubt it was set up to take place in the first place. ?PUB=DRINKING=What the fuck talk. ?It was probably more of a buzzed guy talking to a another and one guy printed the interpretation which will lead to the other guy's denial. ?Some of these posts are douche chilling. ?New, old, same songs, different songs...who gives a shit. ?If you like the way the band sounds listen if not...well don't. ?There are valid points for both sides but why are there sides on songs that originated from the same selctive group of people with a few guys coming and going? ?You can enjoy both bands and enjoy new and old versions without having a pissing contest. ?It's like listening to my kids argue over some bullshit that in all honesty they know nothing about. ?That's when the boon dockers get inserted in rear ends.
 ? ? ?Some of these people arguing weren't old enough to know or see the bands. ?Some like Sabbath (How many Line-up changes have they been through), Van Halen, Ozzy, bon jovi, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, The Stones......I could go on but it's pointless. 
     And yes, when the media is present some guys play them.  They screw with them and call the other guys and have a laugh.  It's common place.  It happens in music, hollywood, goverment and in sports ALL THE TIME!  It's called publicity with a twist.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »

So no one seems to think it is slightly dishonest that Axl's GNR is being advertised by logo or by pictures of ONLY Axl and not the hole band. Geez No Doubt concerts are even advertised with the whole band not just Gwen Steffani. Advertising with a band photo of the new band would put aside all these problems.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2007, 01:43:51 PM »

? ? ?Darth I understand your point however why should anyone take it as being personally lied to or decieved?? In reality it was the so called "original band mates" who legally signed over the rights to the bands name and logo to Axl while still being in the band.? I maybe wrong?? And I'm sure there were reasons for it that are true, untrue and unpublished.
? ? ?Business is business and if your in the position of calling the shots, your damn well right that you're going to want the legal authority to do so.? Money and notoriety caused many problems within the band (Add dealing with drug and alcohol problems) then someone was going to have to step up and try to keep what they earned.? Was it right or wrong?? Only thoughs involved know for sure and their not letting us in on it.
? ? ?I have no problem with Guns and Roses being Guns and Roses.? If anyone claims to have a problem, then is it ok to use a play on words and and start a band and cunningly call it Velvet Revolver.? It's the same thing as GnR but reversed and used brillantly.? (Where's My Thesaurus). It keeps them current and close to the band they obviously had and have great affection for.? I'm sure they all wish things were done differently but such is life.? If that were the case Clapton would be a guitar player for Cream.
? ? ?Remember just recently of a comment by Duff something to the effect of Don't believe everything you read and hear.? It's probably not true and didn't Duff try and quell any statements made in the past by Scott?? It's a game of publicity.?
? ? ?I'll just listen to both and enjoy both and try not to read to much into the statements of others.? It's good for your blood pressure.? Later I have a building to create......or do I and what do I really mean?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2007, 02:58:51 PM »

Jimmy Bobby, wrong again.  Axl showed the new lineup to the world at Rock N Rio in January 2001 right after Vegas shows around New Years.  Not Las Vegas December 2001.  That was pretty much a year after the debut.  Plus they played Vegas the year before.   Get your facts straight. 
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »

I fully agree with you JMack. It's just that certain people on this board would jump all over VR if they ever did something like that and already do because they cover a few GNR songs. What I'm trying to emphasize is that both groups have done things which are wrong and one shouldn't be held to a higher standard than the other. I would love to see the silly squabling stop and fans be allowed to embrace the band of their choice for the music they play and not be put through this subjective bullshit, especially when a large percentage of people are fans of both bands, yet they are in a way forced to choose a side on this board.

Doesn't it say that at the end of the live era video for Welcome to the Jungle "Can't we all just get along?"
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2007, 03:37:06 PM »

So no one seems to think it is slightly dishonest that Axl's GNR is being advertised by logo or by pictures of ONLY Axl and not the hole band. Geez No Doubt concerts are even advertised with the whole band not just Gwen Steffani. Advertising with a band photo of the new band would put aside all these problems.

There is nothing dishonest about using a band's logo to advertise them.  Nothing at all.  The logo currently being used is different than the old logo.  So, I don't see how anyone can claim the use of the logo is misleading when it is unique to this band, this era.

Ali
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2007, 06:22:36 PM »

But a band can change their logo without changing it's members. Most bands that advertise their concerts do so with logos and band pictures.
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »

I have a better question.

Me too:

Has there ever been an "offical"? press photo of the band as we've known it used for promotional purposes?

What do you consider official?? Do the photos of the new band by George Chin on the band's website count?

Sorry, I just don't see how you can say the band hasn't been marketed as the new Guns N' Roses when there was a story on the band's website before last fall's tour called "Meet the New Guns N' Roses".

Ali

I don't know much about how everything has been marketed the past couple of years but I don't think it's too unreasonable to believe alot of people have gone to some of the shows not knowing who was gonna be there besides Axl. Theres a lot of people who love SCOM and WTTJ and just know GnR as a brand name. It wouldn't surprise me if people just picked up tickets based on knowing a couple songs, many casual music fans do so. Not to mention outside of GnR fansites new GnR is not exactly a hot media commodity yet. I know we obsess and scrutinize over every little thing mentioned about them but think about it...does the average person ever see any of it?

I believe you're choosing to read my post incorrectly. I didn't say real fans I said casual fans. Read my post again I explained my point, but try paying attention. CASUAL MUSIC FANS. Plus your point of not being a real fan if you don't check the bands website is retarded. I hardly ever check the official site. I have friends who are HUGE GnR fans who barely ever go online.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Ali
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2007, 09:27:42 PM »

I have a better question.

Me too:

Has there ever been an "offical"? press photo of the band as we've known it used for promotional purposes?

What do you consider official?? Do the photos of the new band by George Chin on the band's website count?

Sorry, I just don't see how you can say the band hasn't been marketed as the new Guns N' Roses when there was a story on the band's website before last fall's tour called "Meet the New Guns N' Roses".

Ali

I don't know much about how everything has been marketed the past couple of years but I don't think it's too unreasonable to believe alot of people have gone to some of the shows not knowing who was gonna be there besides Axl. Theres a lot of people who love SCOM and WTTJ and just know GnR as a brand name. It wouldn't surprise me if people just picked up tickets based on knowing a couple songs, many casual music fans do so. Not to mention outside of GnR fansites new GnR is not exactly a hot media commodity yet. I know we obsess and scrutinize over every little thing mentioned about them but think about it...does the average person ever see any of it?

I believe you're choosing to read my post incorrectly. I didn't say real fans I said casual fans. Read my post again I explained my point, but try paying attention. CASUAL MUSIC FANS. Plus your point of not being a real fan if you don't check the bands website is retarded. I hardly ever check the official site. I have friends who are HUGE GnR fans who barely ever go online.

What in the hell are you talking about?

When did I ever say you are not a real fan if you don't check the band's website?? I said that the information is out there and it is your responsibility as a consumer and a fan to look into what you are buying into before you buy into it.? You can't claim ignorance when the information is easily accessible.? You can only claim laziness.

You are the one who is either choosing to misread my posts or you're confusing me with kingcanute and even misreading what he said.

Ali
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:46:04 AM by Ali » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 09:32:04 PM »

But a band can change their logo without changing it's members. Most bands that advertise their concerts do so with logos and band pictures.

That still doesn't make it dishonest to use a logo to advertise a band's concert.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2007, 09:48:34 PM »

Jimmy Bobby, wrong again.? Axl showed the new lineup to the world at Rock N Rio in January 2001 right after Vegas shows around New Years.? Not Las Vegas December 2001.? That was pretty much a year after the debut.? Plus they played Vegas the year before.? ?Get your facts straight.?

Jimmy Bobby, no reply?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2007, 03:56:13 AM »

Jimmy Bobby, wrong again.  Axl showed the new lineup to the world at Rock N Rio in January 2001 right after Vegas shows around New Years.  Not Las Vegas December 2001.  That was pretty much a year after the debut.  Plus they played Vegas the year before.   Get your facts straight. 
dont give me that get your facts straight bullshit.   so i was off by a fucking year a couple shows.   I thought it was the first show Slash tried to go to, sue me.  fact remains, slash did belong there, it would have been distracting.  its a small venue.

Jimmy Bobby, no reply?

yea sorry i have a life and like work to do and shit and can't check this thread every few hours like you do.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:59:30 AM by Jimmy Bobby » Logged
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2007, 06:55:21 AM »

Interesting, you have no idea what Slash's intentions were. For all we know (and which is probably the case) he was there or wanted to be there to support Axl like he had done with a few ex members already. Yet he was being turned away.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »

Interesting, you have no idea what Slash's intentions were. For all we know (and which is probably the case) he was there or wanted to be there to support Axl like he had done with a few ex members already. Yet he was being turned away.

whatever his intentions were, do you not see the obvious distraction it would have been for Axl and the band?  Slash isn't the kind of guy who just blends into the crowd, and if it was at the Joint, that venue is tiny.    Axl was showcasing that lineup for one of their first performances ever.   It wasn't the time or place for Slash.   
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »

They had already played together a handful of times. Slash was already in town for bussiness, it wasn't like he was going there to only see Axl's GNR. He was always supportive of Axl's project and has said numerous times that he thinks the album Axl will release will be great. I'm sure he was going there as a friend to support Axl's project and would have been good for them to fix their friendship too. He's done this numerous time with Steven, Duff's band Loaded, but he wasn't ever doing so with the intention of joining the band. Axl choose not to have Slash there for reasons only he knows (and please don't get into the shit that Axl never said he couldn't come cause people in his entourage don't piss without his permission), but if Slash had been there that night relations would probably have been a lot better.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2007, 10:43:24 AM »

Amusing.

Slash didn't wanna perform with Adler's Appetite last month because it would be for the wrong reasons (it was hyped as a reunion).

You have no problem with that.

But you have problems with Slash not being allowed to attend a show he had no tickets to. If he had attended, his presence at the gig would've gotten some of the focus away from the band.

The fact that he turned it into an "event" afterwards is kinda telling. Instead of being quiet about it, he went on ABCNEWS radio to tell the world about how he tried to get in.

Slash had pretty much been out of the spotlight during the second half of 2001 (with the exception of the Michael Jackson shows in September). What a "great" way to get headlines. Go to the GN'R show.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2007, 11:38:34 AM »

I have no problem with what he did with Adler's Appetite...he went there to support his friend...that is the exact same thing he did or was going to do with Axl. And what better publicity could Axl have had for his new group of employees but to have Slash show up and endorse the group. Slash had a prior bussiness engagement in that city and had said MONTHS earlier he was going to check out the band. Axl's publicist had announced to the media a week or so before the show that Slash or any other ex member would not be allowed at the show, so it wasn't like Slash went out of his way to start having the stroy in the media, it was initiated from Axl's GNR camp.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »

I have no problem with what he did with Adler's Appetite...he went there to support his friend...that is the exact same thing he did or was going to do with Axl.

How do you know that was his intention? For all you know he could have gone there to start shit, and honestly that wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's what he went there for.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2007, 01:01:48 PM »

I have no problem with what he did with Adler's Appetite...he went there to support his friend...that is the exact same thing he did or was going to do with Axl. And what better publicity could Axl have had for his new group of employees but to have Slash show up and endorse the group. Slash had a prior bussiness engagement in that city and had said MONTHS earlier he was going to check out the band. Axl's publicist had announced to the media a week or so before the show that Slash or any other ex member would not be allowed at the show, so it wasn't like Slash went out of his way to start having the stroy in the media, it was initiated from Axl's GNR camp.

Would you mind supplying the source of this info, i.e. the direct quote, because some of us find it hard to believe that Slash had such altruistic motives in mind.? Thanks.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: