Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's collaboration
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's collaboration  (Read 8857 times)
maynard
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »

i'm sure avenged 7fold would kill for a collab with axl, and wouldn't be impossible to axl to accept.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »

i'm sure avenged 7fold would kill for a collab with axl, and wouldn't be impossible to axl to accept.

Agreed. To be honest, I think it'd be hard to find someone in the industry that really wouldn't want to collaborate with Axl.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »

Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Axl Rose, Mick Jagger, Ozzy, Kiss, AC/DC.

Any musician now should wish to work with any one of these people/groups.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »

It would be strange since Kravitz is a great friend of Slash? hihi
Might not be a factor. Kravitz was in the V.I.P. section to the right of the stage during the second Hammerstein show.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »

I think that most people in the music industry , rock wise anyways , would do an Axl collab , and if not they'd do a Slash one. I just noticed that really ,  I mean why the hell WOULDN'T you wanna work with Axl fuckin' Rose??  Tongue
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »

maybe he'll join timbaland onstage at the vmas. Since timbaland is like the hippest guy ever, who produces all the best records, and he organized the amazing performers at the vmas.

hihi
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 10:44:03 PM »

maybe he'll join timbaland onstage at the vmas. Since timbaland is like the hippest guy ever, who produces all the best records, and he organized the amazing performers at the vmas.

hihi

I realize you were joking, but I still gotta say I'd quite irritated if something like that ever happened.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 06:22:25 AM »

His guest vocals w. Gilby N' Don Henley were barely audible..Hopefully on Sebastian Bach's new CD they will be more like the vocals on 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, So Fine and Alice Coopers "Under My Thumb".

Is that a joke?  It's 'under my wheels'.

Keep em under your wheels.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 08:11:13 AM »

I'd like to see him with some relatively new band. I think him and Josh Todd would make one hell of a duet.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 09:04:33 AM »

I'd like to see him with some relatively new band. I think him and Josh Todd would make one hell of a duet.

Good fuckin call..... Buckcherry writes some catchy ass rock tunes and Josh Todd has one hell of a cool voice.

vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »

...axl would play with someone else who has too much money to pay him all what he wants ....that's how show business works out....i guess you should know that...how old are you?  Undecided 

I don't see how my age matters, but just so you know I'm 27.
I don't think money is the issue here. He doesn't seem like someone that would do anything for money or that needs money so desperately to do that, to play with someone que doesn't enjoy. If money was the case he would play with Slash.  hihi

And of course Axl has done a lot of collaborations in the past with lots of different people, but that is what I'm talking about: that was when Guns was begging to be worldwide famous. Axl was the new guy joining classic big names like Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler and Elton John. Even then, he was so great - Guns was so great and at it's peak - that everyone would love to join then.

But now it's a little bit different. Axl is the "Big Name", he is this mythic guy. My question is: today, without Chinese Democracy, do you thing new bands would think "we should invite Axl to play with us, he is so great" or "we can't invite Axl, he hasn't even finished his record, the guy is a joke"?

In time: this is not a bash and I do think he is great.

: : vicente : :

"all that anger, all that anger"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »

...axl would play with someone else who has too much money to pay him all what he wants ....that's how show business works out....i guess you should know that...how old are you?  Undecided 

I don't see how my age matters, but just so you know I'm 27.
I don't think money is the issue here. He doesn't seem like someone that would do anything for money or that needs money so desperately to do that, to play with someone que doesn't enjoy. If money was the case he would play with Slash.  hihi

And of course Axl has done a lot of collaborations in the past with lots of different people, but that is what I'm talking about: that was when Guns was begging to be worldwide famous. Axl was the new guy joining classic big names like Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler and Elton John. Even then, he was so great - Guns was so great and at it's peak - that everyone would love to join then.

But now it's a little bit different. Axl is the "Big Name", he is this mythic guy. My question is: today, without Chinese Democracy, do you thing new bands would think "we should invite Axl to play with us, he is so great" or "we can't invite Axl, he hasn't even finished his record, the guy is a joke"?

In time: this is not a bash and I do think he is great.

: : vicente : :

I honestly believe that most people are just plain intimidated by the idea of Axl Rose.

I think most people may not look into involving him because he's got this "hermit" type reputation and they figure he just won't show up or be hard to deal with. I cannot understand that from everything I've heard. The Rosario & Michael J. stuff from last year showed me that Axl will show up and do some nice things when invited.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 01:43:53 AM »

Axl and Meatloaf doing Bat Outta Hell!!!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »

No thanks
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »

No thanks

Yeah no kidding. That's one of the few things I don't wanna see. Ever.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 10:26:41 PM »

Two of the finest rock voices ever! It would be awesome!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: