Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Better version of Patience from different show
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better version of Patience from different show  (Read 20037 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 09:26:02 PM »

Probably because what's actually neither a guarantee (or a promise), you turn it into one and then whine about it.

I stand corrected then. Technically neither band has ever told any type of lie, mistruth or bullshit based on that criteria. Everyone should feel free to snipe away at eachother.

There's this guy who's been caught lying and he stole a guitar (which he then returned).

Every time something negative comes out about this band, you people start bringing up Axl and GN'R.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 09:43:54 PM »

Jarmo, how did the band sound?  Not singer, band...  I missed Sorums big drum roll on the outro, glad to hear it again.

Duff's backing vocals are so classic.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 09:48:08 PM »

Jarmo, if axl sang, with Velvet Revolver, would that version sound better than if he sang with his current band? 

Be honest. 

Their are 2 haves to a band....  Each band has one half that is better and one that is worse.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 05:38:26 AM »

Jarmo, if axl sang, with Velvet Revolver, would that version sound better than if he sang with his current band? 

Be honest. 

Their are 2 haves to a band....  Each band has one half that is better and one that is worse.

its all subjective.   i personally prefer GnR.  yea musically this version of patience does sound good, but the vocals ruin it for me. 

and far as each band having the better half, thats not a fact, but an opinion.

these are mine.

Tommy > Duff, hate to say that cuz I've always liked the King of Beers and its close.  But you put up Tommy's solo albums to what Duff has done solo, Tommy is the clear winner.  They are both legends.

Robin is easily as talented as Slash just not as well known,  and personally I dig his style a little more.   some will, some wont.    ask MANY of the folks who saw GnR during 2006-2007 and they will tell you likewise.

BBF is techincally a better skilled guitar player.  i realize he is not as well liked as slash, but he brings stuff to the band that VR simply does not have.

Frank is a much better rock n roll drummer than Matt.

Richard is cooler than that other guy who makes fart noises with his geetar.

Plus VR doesn't have Dizwald Fucking Reed.  peace  or mother goose.   these two guys, and Ron, and even Robin to a point bring shit to the table that is non-existant in VR land.

Axl vs Scott, gee now that one I have to think about.  Roll Eyes

I jut dont see your point.  GnR is the better band all around if you ask me. 
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 06:10:07 AM »

Be honest. 

its all subjective.   i personally prefer GnR.  yea musically this version of patience does sound good, but the vocals ruin it for me. 

and far as each band having the better half, thats not a fact, but an opinion.

these are mine.

Tommy > Duff, hate to say that cuz I've always liked the King of Beers and its close.  But you put up Tommy's solo albums to what Duff has done solo, Tommy is the clear winner.  They are both legends.

Robin is easily as talented as Slash just not as well known,  and personally I dig his style a little more.   some will, some wont.    ask MANY of the folks who saw GnR during 2006-2007 and they will tell you likewise.

BBF is techincally a better skilled guitar player.  i realize he is not as well liked as slash, but he brings stuff to the band that VR simply does not have.

Frank is a much better rock n roll drummer than Matt.

Richard is cooler than that other guy who makes fart noises with his geetar.

Plus VR doesn't have Dizwald Fucking Reed.  peace  or mother goose.   these two guys, and Ron, and even Robin to a point bring shit to the table that is non-existant in VR land.

Axl vs Scott, gee now that one I have to think about.  Roll Eyes

I jut dont see your point.  GnR is the better band all around if you ask me. 

But tommy doesn't have Duff's knack for background vocals which where I think Duff wins on tommy. All the guitarist in GNR are as good as slash , technically , but slash plays with an amount of emotion that I don't see in them. Maybe when they play CD stuff it will be different but as far as Nightrain , Paradise City , the real emotional slash solo's they seem to just improv or do licks over it without any actual feeling for the song. VR doesn't need Dizzy hahha. Axl OWNS Scott , I won't argue that at all , its almost common sense. Slash runs all over the guitar work from GNR IMO , everything is opinion and we just have to accept it.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 06:35:24 AM »

Jesus christ just lock or delete this fucking thread already, these latest posts have absolutely nothing to do with the original topic...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »

Be honest. 

No, the version I heard in Osaka (most recent one) beats VR.

It doesn't bother me at all that the solo isn't note for note as it is on the album. The feeling is there and that's the most important thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »

pretty good, dont think scott did bad considering his limitations.

html sucks
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:06 PM »

Jarmo, if axl sang, with Velvet Revolver, would that version sound better than if he sang with his current band??

Be honest.?

Their are 2 haves to a band....? Each band has one half that is better and one that is worse.

It doesn't bother me at all that the solo isn't note for note as it is on the album. The feeling is there and that's the most important thing.

/jarmo

so you are basically saying the new version from osaka is better than the original on lies and that if you took axl's voice and dubbed it over VR's performance, it still sux compared to Osaka?  That is hard to believe.  YouTube linkage please.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »

Robin is easily as talented as Slash just not as well known

when robin has a body of work to compare to slash then you can make those type of comments, slash is the one with the worlds most recognised piece of music. along with riffs and solo's which frequently appear in the best and favourite lists.

i loved robin's playing all 3 times i saw gnr in 06, except when he played patience. he butchers the solo, every time. he has great idea's but they just didn't come off during those shows.

if someone shows me a version of patience he doesn't butcher then i'll take it back, and just put it down to me being unlucky 3 times.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 09:44:08 PM »

Be honest. 

/jarmo

so you are basically saying the new version from osaka is better than the original on lies and that if you took axl's voice and dubbed it over VR's performance, it still sux compared to Osaka?  That is hard to believe.  YouTube linkage please.

You would never say it was better then VR anyway, so what's the point in giving you a link?
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »

You would never say it was better then VR anyway, so what's the point in giving you a link?

Because some people don't have their mind made up already before listening to something (e.g. "Weiland butchered it")
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 10:09:34 PM »

Jarmo, if axl sang, with Velvet Revolver, would that version sound better than if he sang with his current band??

Be honest.?

Their are 2 haves to a band....? Each band has one half that is better and one that is worse.

/jarmo

so you are basically saying the new version from osaka is better than the original on lies and that if you took axl's voice and dubbed it over VR's performance, it still sux compared to Osaka?? That is hard to believe.? YouTube linkage please.

I am very objective, you would know that if you read my posts.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 10:10:58 PM »

Because some people don't have their mind made up already before listening to something (e.g. "Weiland butchered it")

Oh please, smoking guns had his mind made up about this before he even heard it. In his mind anything VR does is better because it has slash.

@smoking guns -- ha ha ha that was hilarious! "I am very objective"  rofl rofl rofl rofl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 10:13:10 PM »

Oh please, smoking guns had his mind made up about this before he even heard it. In his mind anything VR does is better because it has slash.

@smoking guns -- ha ha ha that was hilarious! "I am very objective"? rofl rofl rofl rofl

Look in the thread just above this one!!  I am going nuts over the Dec. 29th show in Vegas?!?!?!  What don't you get?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 10:14:35 PM »

@smoking guns -- ha ha ha that was hilarious! "I am very objective"? rofl rofl rofl rofl

However, you were correct, I am a HUGE Slash fan....  But that usually doesn't get in the way of my opinion on a song or music.  I mean, I say often Big Machine is a shitty song, and it has Slash..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

@chineseblues -- keep the personal shit to PM's

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2007, 06:17:08 AM »

so you are basically saying the new version from osaka is better than the original on lies

I wil never understand how you get that from this:

Roll Eyes

and that if you took axl's voice and dubbed it over VR's performance, it still sux compared to Osaka?  That is hard to believe.  YouTube linkage please.

Dubbing Axl's voice over a Guns N' Roses cover by Velvet Revolver doesn't make it Guns N' Roses.  Those guys still aren't in GN'R.

The guys who played in Osaka are.  hihi

You know why the GN'R version is better? Because they play it like GN'R in 2007 instead of trying to play it like GN'R in 1988.

It's them being themselves.

/jarmo

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2007, 08:49:36 AM »

@smoking guns -- ha ha ha that was hilarious! "I am very objective"  rofl rofl rofl rofl

@chineseblues -- keep the personal shit to PM's

How is that "personal shit"? It was something he stated in this thread, and I responded to. It wasn't even the main part of my post it was a secondary comment.  Roll Eyes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2007, 10:25:58 AM »

so you are basically saying the new version from osaka is better than the original on lies

I wil never understand how you get that from this:

Roll Eyes

and that if you took axl's voice and dubbed it over VR's performance, it still sux compared to Osaka?? That is hard to believe.? YouTube linkage please.

Dubbing Axl's voice over a Guns N' Roses cover by Velvet Revolver doesn't make it Guns N' Roses.? Those guys still aren't in GN'R.

The guys who played in Osaka are.? hihi

You know why the GN'R version is better? Because they play it like GN'R in 2007 instead of trying to play it like GN'R in 1988.

It's them being themselves.

/jarmo

Jarmo, the version the band played (not what scott sang) is very close to the original....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: