Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:07:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Better version of Patience from different show
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better version of Patience from different show  (Read 19850 times)
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 07:18:05 AM »

good to hear Duff backup vocals on Patience again  Smiley
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 07:42:18 AM »

This is a very good version indeed  yes haven't seen it all yet though Tongue hihi
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 08:08:50 AM »

Whatever happened to not playing anymore Guns tunes? rofl

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 08:14:26 AM »

in at least 2 interviews after that slash have said that they will play them Roll Eyes
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 08:17:17 AM »

Here ya go wiseguy:

What about how the songs change for you artistically? Not only does Scott have a different voice than Axl, he's a different personality.

What happens is, music is supposed to be simple, especially rock & roll, and either it sounds good or it doesn't. And if it sounds good you do it, and if something doesn't sound right about it you just put it down and move on. There are certain Guns songs that are such standards that you don't want to really go there. But at the same time, there are a couple of songs that we thought about maybe doing, and it just doesn't feel right or it's out of Scott's range or maybe the guitars don't sound like Izzy and my sound. So you just sort of let that go and see what else there is to do. There was a point there where we said we weren't going to do any more G N' R or [Stone Temple Pilots] songs at all just because we almost felt like we were obligated to play them because we did it at the beginning. So people were coming to gigs and [we were] going, "Well, hopefully they're into our record, but at the same time they're also going to get these sort of like retro pieces in there." And after we had two albums' worth of material we got really arrogant and said, "F--- it, we don't have to play that stuff." But then we sort of missed it and we thought, "Well, maybe we'll change it up a little bit and put some fresh blood in it." So that has worked out so far, and we'll see how long that lasts.
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »

Great clip.  Cool I'm glad Slash and co. are still playing a few of their old GnR numbers at gigs. Fucking beautiful. To all those who whine about it-its not exactly uncommon for ex-members of bands to play a few of their old songs with a new band. Get over it. They have every right. If the audience love it, that's all that matters.  hihi

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »

thing is, we all missed it!  Nobody knew they played this on Aug. 8 till yesterday.  Wow!  What a miss. 

Great version of song!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »

They changed their mind so fucking what...

They change their minds all the time. They say this and that and never stick to it. I'm tired of that band. I hope they crash, soon.

I bet Weiland loves singing Axl's words hihi

Izzy's words.

It's a bit harsh to say it has no soul, I think the way he sings it is quite heartfelt.

Interesting to hear Slash play the solo very close to the original studio version don't think he ever done that with GnR or maybe only in the early days.

The audience reactions are a bit over-the-top though.  "This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen", "I can't believe we're witnessing this" rofl
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 12:00:38 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 12:18:06 PM »

That guy was just show boating....  Especially with the "its not over yet"  like he is the only fan that has ever heard that song... rofl  But, it was still great!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 12:57:29 PM »

That guy was just show boating....? Especially with the "its not over yet"? like he is the only fan that has ever heard that song... rofl? But, it was still great!

haha yeah, lurved that it's not over yet mention too
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »

John Mayer Patience with Maroon 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U3zaiqdnbg

Maroon 5 Patience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtkk8zB-Epo&mode=related&search=
lul
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »

peace

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 05:26:37 PM »

John Mayer one was pretty cool , Maroon 5 murdered it , Jesus Christ dude come on if you can't play a song don't fucking do it not to mention vocals are not that great at all.  I don't see why the crowd LOSES their mind when he starts mouthing a guitar solo !?!??!?!? What has the world come to!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »

yea i think this is really one of those songs that shouldn't be done without Axl.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 06:18:24 PM »

That's like asking what happened to Chinese Democracy?  and when is it coming out?  I thoughy Axl said we'd hear it in 2006......and it was definitly coming out in 2006.....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »

That's like asking what happened to Chinese Democracy?  and when is it coming out?  I thoughy Axl said we'd hear it in 2006......and it was definitly coming out in 2006.....

dude and they blame me for ruining VR threads.  what the fuck does Chinese Democracy have to do with VR playing Patience.

the only way some of you VR fans know how to praise your favorite band is too diss Guns N' Roses.   Figure out another way.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »

It still lacks the soul of the original.

The soul a song gets when the singer sings it like he means it.

/jarmo

It was better than OAR's cover of it.? It was better than Johm Mayer's cover of it.? Need I go on?? I am not saying its better than GNR's lies version.. Its not.? Its not better than Live Era.? It is better musically than Current GNR, and give vocals to Axl.? Last time I saw GNR, Fink butchered Patience sooo bad that he didn't do the ending all the way and no Paradise City.?

John Mayer's version was better than VR version.. Scott murdered the ending and he had absolutley no passion in doing it

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »

the only way some of you VR fans know how to praise your favorite band is too diss Guns N' Roses. ? Figure out another way.

I agree.

Too many people tend to lose sight of the fact that both bands are totally full of shit. A laundry list can be presented of quotes, actions and failed promises of both bands that make them look disingenuous. So to keep sniping at the other is stupid when the band being as the example is as bad as the one being attacked.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »

Probably because what's actually neither a guarantee (or a promise), you turn it into one and then whine about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »

Probably because what's actually neither a guarantee (or a promise), you turn it into one and then whine about it.

I stand corrected then. Technically neither band has ever told any type of lie, mistruth or bullshit based on that criteria. Everyone should feel free to snipe away at eachother.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: