Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:16:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 182884 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #940 on: January 11, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

Yeah but that was Van Hagar you saw in 2004, of course you left dissappointed.  That is not and never was Van Halen.  This is Van Halen with David Lee Roth, playing songs off of the only 5 albums that matter, the ones from 78-84 and hopefully some cool new ones.  I guarantee you wont be hearing any songs like "Poundcake" at this show..

Wait, so its not the real band if you aren't seeing the original line-up? 

no, its not the real band when you don't have the lead singer, and you make shitty songs instead of good ones...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #941 on: January 11, 2012, 12:04:42 AM »

Its not THAT bad, but its not a great song either.  However, I dont think its gonna be a flop.  Recording with Dave back is a huge deal.

I'm going to stick with opinion on the single although I do agree, Roth being back will definitely have a positive impact on album sales and concert attendance.

He is synonymous with the Van Halen brand and brand/band member recognition is very important here in the US, especially when the identity is so stongly tied to the what is perceived as the classic era of the band.

yeah this record is going to be huge, like Ac/Dc "Black Ice" huge i think.  David Lee Roth is in the band, and their tour pre-sale sold out for the shows I was trying rather quickly, despite the insanely high ticket prices.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #942 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:02 AM »

Listened to it 3 or 4 times.....
Im not a VH fan to begin with.. won't be after this song..

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #943 on: January 11, 2012, 10:00:24 AM »

I think the song is OK. But as a first single from your first album together since 1984......eh.  Undecided It is good to see DLR back there though.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #944 on: January 11, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »

I think the song is OK. But as a first single from your first album together since 1984......eh.  Undecided It is good to see DLR back there though.

the song is ok, but people keep talking about if its a good  lead single and what not.  Is that even relevant in 2012 anymore?  We all know there will be another song released within the week, then the whole album will stream before its release.  This is more of just a simple promo vid shot with a new song.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:05:49 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #945 on: January 11, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »

Listened to it 3 or 4 times.....
Im not a VH fan to begin with.. won't be after this song..

yes D, we already know you hate virtuoso guitar players for whatever reason.  They all can't be Ace Frehley.  hihi
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #946 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »

the song is ok, but people keep talking about if its a good  lead single and what not.  Is that even relevant in 2012 anymore?  We all know there will be another song released within the week, then the whole album will stream before its release.  This is more of just a simple promo vid shot with a new song.

But I've already seen people post the video on Facebook with a comment saying "Stick to your old stuff". So the first impression is fairly important, even if the rest of the album will be out there soon.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #947 on: January 11, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »

But I've already seen people post the video on Facebook with a comment saying "Stick to your old stuff". So the first impression is fairly important, even if the rest of the album will be out there soon.

I've seen people say stuff like that, and ive also seen people say they love it.  I dont love the song, but it is ok, it definitely makes me interested in hearing the rest of it.  David Lee Roth is one of the greatest frontmen of all time, actually i dont even know if the word frontman existed before Van Halen's first record came out.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #948 on: January 11, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »

Everyone should just stop arguing about it. Bodhi likes it and knows it's going to be massively successful, and that's all that matters.  Roll Eyes

Axl is God.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #949 on: January 12, 2012, 02:33:52 AM »

I'll be damned to see them for almost 200$ after ticketmaster fess, etc, they are fucking crazy.. but Im sure it will sell, but I am not a fan of them enough to fork over that much, now if it was GNR that would be different!
 beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #950 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »

I've changed my opinion some. It grew on me after a few listens. Take out that generic "tattoo, tattoo" chorus and it's a really solid song.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #951 on: January 12, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »

I've changed my opinion some. It grew on me after a few listens. Take out that generic "tattoo, tattoo" chorus and it's a really solid song.

YES, i agree 100%.  That is the only part of the song im like "eh they could have left that out"  Or maybe only done it once.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #952 on: January 12, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

I'll be damned to see them for almost 200$ after ticketmaster fess, etc, they are fucking crazy.. but Im sure it will sell, but I am not a fan of them enough to fork over that much, now if it was GNR that would be different!
 beer
I'm of the same opinion.  While I'd love to see them live again, playing some new tunes to boot, the prices are way too high.  I'm sure they'll sell just fine without me buying a ticket, but they'll have to bring down the price a bit to get me there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #953 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »

beer
I'm of the same opinion.  While I'd love to see them live again, playing some new tunes to boot, the prices are way too high.  I'm sure they'll sell just fine without me buying a ticket, but they'll have to bring down the price a bit to get me there.

ticket prices are ludicrous..I just bought the 50 buck ones at the Garden, its at the top, but my opinion of a show that is non GA is if you arent in the front, you might as well be anywhere, and everywhere on the floor is like 180 bucks, im not spending that just to be a little lower than where I am now...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #954 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:01 AM »

New single is pretty good. Just wish MA was with the band. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #955 on: January 13, 2012, 07:26:04 PM »

The song does it for me. Really digging it and can't wait to hear the whole album  peace
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #956 on: January 13, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »

it dont matter, Wolf is a better player.
i wont miss the Mickey Mouse backup vox...

the song didnt hit me right away, but a few listens have done it good and i find it real groovy now.
only thing is, I wish Ed had gone more nuts on his first solo for a long time.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #957 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »

it dont matter, Wolf is a better player.
i wont miss the Mickey Mouse backup vox...

the song didnt hit me right away, but a few listens have done it good and i find it real groovy now.
only thing is, I wish Ed had gone more nuts on his first solo for a long time.
You're an idiot if you really think that. MA is ace on bass. And he was a huge part of Van Halen sound.  Wolfy stinks on bass, kid has a flat lifeless tone.  peace

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #958 on: January 14, 2012, 01:22:35 AM »

Song is catchy even with terrible lyrics.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #959 on: January 16, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »

Despite charging nearly 200 bucks for most tickets,  both nights at the Garden are already sold out.. unreal.  Glad I got mine in the pre-sale.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: