Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 182813 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #960 on: January 16, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »

Despite charging nearly 200 bucks for most tickets,  both nights at the Garden are already sold out.. unreal.  Glad I got mine in the pre-sale.

Bodhi, you called it 2 weeks ago - this tour will be as big or bigger than AC/DC's "Black Ice" run here in the states.

Well done. ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #961 on: January 16, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »

Not surprised at all the Garden shows sold out.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #962 on: January 16, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »

I checked for tickets for the Mohegan Sun show about 2 hours after they went on sale and there were none to be found.  I didn't have any intentions of spending the $127+ but obviously the high prices haven't scared people off.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #963 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:36 PM »

People are clearly excited about hearing new VH with Roth again. Can't say i blame them, i mean it has been 27 years!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #964 on: January 16, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »

Despite charging nearly 200 bucks for most tickets,  both nights at the Garden are already sold out.. unreal.  Glad I got mine in the pre-sale.

Bodhi, you called it 2 weeks ago - this tour will be as big or bigger than AC/DC's "Black Ice" run here in the states.

Well done. ok

yeah im actually amazed the tour is selling so well just because the tickets are so ridiculously overpriced.  I am very interested to see how it does up against "Black Ice", that album did something like 800,000 the first week as a Walmart exclusive in 2008, I would be shocked if Van Halen hit's that number, but I think they might do something comparable to it, taking into account its  2012 and downloading being even more prevalent than it was 4 years ago.

That said, I feel that Van Halen shares a similar fan base with Ac/Dc, the generally older rock fan, who still doesn't mind forking over the cash for the LP and the ticket to see them play.  I think at the end of the day DLR is making the difference here.  People spending money to see them know they are going to get "You Really Got Me", "Hot for Teacher" "Jump" etc.. thats something you werent guaranteed to get when Hagar was in the band because he hated doing those songs.  Also the fact Wolfgang is on bass doesn't seem to be bothering anybody.

Van Halen also did a great job with promotion, both with that trailer advertising the tour, the new single and video and most importantly the Cafe Wha? club show where they invited over 200 journalists from NYC.  They certainly tried to get the word out.  My friend was at that Cafe Wha? show and was blown away by it, she also doesn't think Dave and Eddie are going to be able to tolerate each other for the whole tour.. hihi
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:57:14 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #965 on: January 17, 2012, 02:26:58 AM »

Well done. ok

yeah im actually amazed the tour is selling so well just because the tickets are so ridiculously overpriced.  I am very interested to see how it does up against "Black Ice", that album did something like 800,000 the first week as a Walmart exclusive in 2008, I would be shocked if Van Halen hit's that number, but I think they might do something comparable to it, taking into account its  2012 and downloading being even more prevalent than it was 4 years ago.

That said, I feel that Van Halen shares a similar fan base with Ac/Dc, the generally older rock fan, who still doesn't mind forking over the cash for the LP and the ticket to see them play.  I think at the end of the day DLR is making the difference here.  People spending money to see them know they are going to get "You Really Got Me", "Hot for Teacher" "Jump" etc.. thats something you werent guaranteed to get when Hagar was in the band because he hated doing those songs.  Also the fact Wolfgang is on bass doesn't seem to be bothering anybody.

Van Halen also did a great job with promotion, both with that trailer advertising the tour, the new single and video and most importantly the Cafe Wha? club show where they invited over 200 journalists from NYC.  They certainly tried to get the word out.  My friend was at that Cafe Wha? show and was blown away by it, she also doesn't think Dave and Eddie are going to be able to tolerate each other for the whole tour.. hihi

Well, they've been getting along good enough since 2006, so your friend is just another bullshit journo!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #966 on: January 17, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »

Well done. ok

Well, they've been getting along good enough since 2006, so your friend is just another bullshit journo!

she was totally joking, like I said, she was blown away by the show.  The band really does seem to be firing on all cylinders right now.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #967 on: January 17, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »

I don't see it selling anywhere close to what Black Ice did. I think the Wal-Mart exclusive had a lot to do with that. Also, the first week of February isn't a great time to sell albums.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
overmatik
« Reply #968 on: January 17, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »

Well done. ok

Getting along is a nice way of putting it... Take a look again at that Press Conference from the reunion. As soon as Dave starts being Dave you can see clearly what is going through Eddie's head.  Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0I2ahArfj0

I love Dave's solo career and own everything by him, but the man himself...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:04:38 AM by overmatik » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #969 on: January 18, 2012, 04:18:48 AM »

Well done. ok

Getting along is a nice way of putting it... Take a look again at that Press Conference from the reunion. As soon as Dave starts being Dave you can see clearly what is going through Eddie's head.  Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0I2ahArfj0

I love Dave's solo career and own everything by him, but the man himself...

And they're still together after Eddie got annoyed!  OMG
overmatik
« Reply #970 on: January 18, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »

Eddie has nowhere else to go, has he?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #971 on: January 18, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »

Eddie has nowhere else to go, has he?

Exactly. What else is he gonna do at this point? Get Gary Cherone back?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #972 on: January 19, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »

I liked the new song, but i was expecting something more powerful and fast, like the first Van Halen record.

Kinda disappointed, but looking forward for the other tracks in the album, rather then the single

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #973 on: January 20, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168570

Watch the video

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #974 on: January 21, 2012, 05:00:31 AM »

Song is growing on me, but still i'm expecting the rest of the album to be a lot better. It definitely reminds me of the 1984 album material though

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #975 on: January 21, 2012, 03:57:33 PM »

New single is pretty good. Just wish MA was with the band. 

it dont matter, Wolf is a better player.
i wont miss the Mickey Mouse backup vox...

the song didnt hit me right away, but a few listens have done it good and i find it real groovy now.
only thing is, I wish Ed had gone more nuts on his first solo for a long time.
You're an idiot if you really think that. MA is ace on bass. And he was a huge part of Van Halen sound.  Wolfy stinks on bass, kid has a flat lifeless tone.  peace

then im an idiot. MA is a good rock bassist for sure, and a vital part of the vintage VH sound, but the fat little Van Halen has better skill.
i said nothing about their tone btw. MA's tone was better for sure.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #976 on: January 22, 2012, 11:51:32 AM »

New single is pretty good. Just wish MA was with the band. 

it dont matter, Wolf is a better player.
i wont miss the Mickey Mouse backup vox...

the song didnt hit me right away, but a few listens have done it good and i find it real groovy now.
only thing is, I wish Ed had gone more nuts on his first solo for a long time.
You're an idiot if you really think that. MA is ace on bass. And he was a huge part of Van Halen sound.  Wolfy stinks on bass, kid has a flat lifeless tone.  peace

then im an idiot. MA is a good rock bassist for sure, and a vital part of the vintage VH sound, but the fat little Van Halen has better skill.
i said nothing about their tone btw. MA's tone was better for sure.

the main contribution from MA that fans seem to be missing the most are his back up vocals, they actually were very integral to the bands sound. The bass playing isn't much of an issue.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #977 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »

Preview of a couple more new songs:

Van Halen - Blood and Fire (Preview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY7ZqN8Ksdg&feature=player_embedded

Van Halen - Stay Frosty (Preview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qyuXCfKzfko

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #978 on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »

A longer version of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sJE7BsemxM

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #979 on: January 26, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »

Two of the songs are apparently available to purchase on Amazon UK.  Blood and Fire and The Trouble With Never can be heard in full here.

http://www.vanhalenradio.com/vanhalenradio/2012/01/26/2-news-will-songs-be-popping-up-soon/

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: