Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 15, 2024, 01:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227657 Posts in 43238 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 313077 times)
theinfluence1
« on: November 03, 2003, 10:05:25 PM »

Motley Crue completely rocks!!! A co-worker from universal let me borrow on time the Dr. Feelgood album. And after that - I was completely into Motley Crue. I don't think i could ever get tired of them. I am so excited for the Motley Crue Greatest Video Hits DVD and Music to Crash Your Car To box set. It comes out this november 11. I'm gonna have to wait for a few weeks. AHHHHH!!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 11:11:39 PM »

Totally.  From what I hear, though, Music to Crash Your Car To is really just alternate versions of the 80s songs we've heard a million times - there are few, if any, hidden gems.  But, hey, if you're a die-hard fan, why not get it anyway?

Hey, does anybody know if there's something big going on with the Cr?e?  I mean, something REALLY big, that would make ordinary people buy their albums?  Because lately, while in CD stores, I've noticed that all their original albums are gone - sold out.  What the hell?  I gotta say, I never thought that I would see a store sold out of M?tley Cr?e albums.  Weird.  And it was annoying to me, because I wanted to get Shout At The Devil in time for Halloween.  Ah, well.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 01:48:25 PM »

They rock! every album is a classic. ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 03:49:29 PM »

Totally.  From what I hear, though, Music to Crash Your Car To is really just alternate versions of the 80s songs we've heard a million times - there are few, if any, hidden gems.  But, hey, if you're a die-hard fan, why not get it anyway?

Hey, does anybody know if there's something big going on with the Cr?e?  I mean, something REALLY big, that would make ordinary people buy their albums?  Because lately, while in CD stores, I've noticed that all their original albums are gone - sold out.  What the hell?  I gotta say, I never thought that I would see a store sold out of M?tley Cr?e albums.  Weird.  And it was annoying to me, because I wanted to get Shout At The Devil in time for Halloween.  Ah, well.

You think that is bad im a massive fan but im been forced to download all the albums i have never bought any M?tley Cr?e CDs in my town of Burnley ive never seen them since ive been into them for the past couple of years although i did find an old vinyl shop and bought Theatre of Pain & Too Fast For Love  Grin
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 04:57:22 PM »

You think that is bad im a massive fan but im been forced to download all the albums i have never bought any M?tley Cr?e CDs in my town of Burnley ive never seen them since ive been into them for the past couple of years although i did find an old vinyl shop and bought Theatre of Pain & Too Fast For Love  Grin

Yes, Motley Rock!
Increased activity could be due to their book - The Dirt and the forthcoming movie of it. Also theres lots of roumours/hype about a big reunion tour (possibly world) once the movies out and a new album for the soundtrack!

Stoned - Get yourself across to www.play.com - ?9.99 each with free delivery!

Riot In Everyone!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 05:07:48 PM »

Hopefully they'll work things out, vice get himself into shape and make a huge tour happen!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 05:32:20 AM »

it has happened before so who knows. And Tommy Lee loves money, he shouldn't be in  a way of reunion.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 05:33:06 AM by John Daniels » Logged
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 11:22:38 AM »

I heard that Mick, Nikki and Tommy were all in for the reunion - however Vince was holding out. This was a few months ago though, and apparently him and Nikki have started to talk and a renuion is looking very likely - Vince played with Nikki recently at a Vince solo show.

Riot In Everyone!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 07:46:51 PM »

I am not a big fan of theres but hell beats anything thats out now
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 04:22:50 PM »

Can't see a reunion to soon since Nikki has this 'Bride of Destructions' thing going on.  Anywayz just though i'd say i bought M?tley Cr?e Greatest Video Hits DVD and it is fuckin' ace!!! Not only do you get every M?tley Cr?e video as well as alternate versions there's a bonus section where Nikki and Tommy talk you through all the video's........those guys are fuckin' hilarious, and they did seem to be getting on great so who knows a reunion may be possible......to pre-order the 'Brides of Destruction' CD you have to go to the Cr?e store so who knows  Undecided Undecided Undecided
darkdays_01
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 09:34:41 PM »

I think something is in the works, Nikki was all hyped up over The Brides and then all of the sudden he kinda put that to the side and began talking all Motley, of course Nikki hyping something up and putting it off is nothing new, but i do think something is definitely in the works, i have heard something about them being next years MTV ICon, I am not an MTV fan at all but since they are behind this movie based on The Dirt it wouldnt surprise me if MTV did make them ICON's easy publicity for the movie, but Vince needs to get well and shape up for anything to happen, and By the way Shout at The Devil one of the best hard rock albums ever.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 04:32:29 PM »

Motley Crue rock as much as flying drumsets  Wink  Wink  peace

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 05:03:15 PM »

What would a 15 year old know about good tunes? confused Open your mind, It will set you free.

BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 07:07:09 AM »

I loved Motley Crue when I was in high school.  I still dig them, but not as much.  Here's a quick lowndown on their music.

1. Too Fast For Love (1981)- A classic album, one of their best.  It has a 70s glam/punk flavor. A+
2. Shout At the Devil (1983) Another classic album.  It has more of a Kiss/Aerosmith flavor.  Heavy for the time, but kinda dated/cheesy now.  A
3. Theatre of Pain- (1985) Total glam, total 80s.  Pretty dated, but it has a lot of good songs. B+
4. Girls, Girls, Girls (1987)- They ditched the glam for leather and harleys.  The songs here are about drugs and booze.  I'm sure they didn't mean to do it, but this album is kinda like an AFD lite.  Still, it's a solid album. A-
5. Dr.Feelgood (1989) Their classic masterpiece.  One of the best albums of the late 80s. A
6. Decade of Decadence (1991) This is a best of album. There are new versions of songs from their first five albums, and they all soud better. Their are five new songs here, and they are all very good.  In fact, the new songs on this album are among the best work the Crue ever did.  This album is now out-of-print, but you can get the new songs from "Supersonic and Demonic Relics."
7. Motley Crue (1994) This is the only album that the Crue made without Vince Neil, and with John Corabi.  It takes off where the Crue left of in 1991 (with "Primal Scream.")  It sounds a bit like a cross between classic Crue and Alice In Chains/Soundgarden/STP.  It was an excellent album, IMO, and the band really put 100 percent of their heart and soul into it.  However, the album flopped and Corabi was gone within two years of the albums release.  It was the Crue's last great album, IMHO.  A+
8. Generation Swine (1997) Vince Neil's return to the Crue.  There are a lot of good songs on this album like "Afraid" and "Glitter." However, there are also a few duds.  Also, the Crue recorded the album with Corabi, and then dubbed out his vocals and had Vince sing over the tracks. This kind of makes the album sound hacked. B
9.  Greatest Hits (1998) The two new tracks sound good, and its a good overview of their music. A
10. New Tattoo (2000).  Tommy Lee is gone and his drumming and creative imput is sorely missed. The albums sounds pretty retro 80s, but the lyrics are weak and some of the songs sound dated.  The songs here could have been b-sides to songs on Theatre of Pain. C
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 10:14:07 AM »

What would a 15 year old know about good tunes? confused Open your mind, It will set you free.

It's a inside joke relating to something with Motley Crue.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004, 10:20:01 AM »

I would just like to wish Vince Neil a happy 43rd birthday he was born on February 8th 1961  beer  smoking  ok
BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 08:42:43 PM »

I used to love Motley Crue, but I sort of lost interest.  Their music seems kind of dated and cheesy now. I don't think that they aged as well as GN'R.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004, 01:49:57 AM »

Dr Feelgood was one of their best albums I thought. It just was heavy, produced well, but not over produced. Some great songs. I like most all all of their stuff.

Vince Neil kind of seems like a dork now. Fat and drunk most of the time.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 02:23:23 PM »

Dr Feelgood was one of their best albums I thought. It just was heavy, produced well, but not over produced. Some great songs. I like most all all of their stuff.

Vince Neil kind of seems like a dork now. Fat and drunk most of the time.
Aint that the truth. The Crue are one of my favs, so it kind of makes me sad to see Vince in that state.

Jesse James
Rocker

tss tss tss tss gnnnnnn!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 12:13:49 PM »

A couple of days ago I got Motley's live DVD "Lewd Crued & Tattooed" and I can say that Vince is far from what I could describe as "good shape"(at least at the Maximum Rock tour period)
He's -well- fat and in the songs he often goes out of key... Sad

I hope the guys reunite and get sth going cause I'm really-really into them beer ok

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: