Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:48:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 316100 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1820 on: August 04, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »

They are really good, wished they did Starry Eyes and Bastard headbanger

Vince sounds and look absolutely fucking amazing, especially when he does his signature stuffz.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1821 on: August 13, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »

From Nikki Sixx:

You can tell the die hard CRUE-Heads from Poison fans because they run like scared little mice when the blood comes out.....sadly they've lost the plot on why rock n roll exists. Its not build on fear, its about pushing buttons.

4 hours ago via TweetDeck

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1822 on: August 13, 2011, 07:02:25 PM »

From Nikki Sixx:

You can tell the die hard CRUE-Heads from Poison fans because they run like scared little mice when the blood comes out.....sadly they've lost the plot on why rock n roll exists. Its not build on fear, its about pushing buttons.

Check out some of the videos posted here, I'd run too. Tongue hihi

M?TLEY CR?E's NIKKI SIXX Says POISON Fans 'Run Like Scared Little Mice' - Aug. 13, 2011

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161942

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1823 on: August 13, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »

From Nikki Sixx:

I wouldn't be too happy if he was spitting blood on me in the audience either.
Who does he think he is, Gene Simmons or something?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1824 on: August 18, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »

Tales of the Whisky Bathroom: Nikki Sixx's Favorite Sunset Strip Memories

Aug. 18 2011

LA WEEKLY: What was your first Sunset Strip memory?
It was the middle '70s and I was a teenager. I used to hang on the Strip, going to see my favorite punk bands and dreaming about being a rock star.

What's your best M?tley memory on the Strip?
[Early on], when we sold out the Whisky A Go Go three nights in a row. That was one of the highlights of our career. We didn't see what was coming next. That moment was magical.

Sunset Strip women nowadays: Different? Same?
Never paid much attention to the women. Drugs were first, women second. I had my priorities.

Wildest thing you ever did on the Strip?
Did I tell you about the time I tied a girl up in the Whisky bathroom with Mick's guitar cable, and then went to get a bump of blow from Tommy? I forgot she was in there! I think Vince found her and everything was [fine]. Ah, to be in M?tley Cr?e in 1981 in Los Angeles.

All-time favorite spot on the Strip?
The Rainbow, and the reason is simple: the clam chowder.

Three words that encapsulate what the Strip is to you?
Sunset Strip Tattoo, the Whisky and cocaine.

Anything else you'd like to add?
I have "Los Angeles" tattooed across the whole right side of my body. Los Angeles is with me till the end. Till death do us part.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/08/sunset_strip_music_festival_mo.php

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1825 on: August 19, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »

From Tommy Lee:

AUGUST 17, 2011

When we did the interview prior to the tour, you talked about not wanting to make albums. Has being on the road changed your views on that at all?

As far as making new music, I?m sure we will. There?s nothing official laid out yet. What I meant was just making records to make records doesn?t seem like that?s got much of a point anymore, when people don?t buy records, they buy singles. Why not make more singles more often than these big, long records over two-, three-, four-year spans? Give the fans more music and better music, like doing EPs. I just think that would be a way better thing. Now, making a full-length record, I think, serves a purpose, like, let?s say, when The Dirt[movie] finally gets made. I?d say that totally warrants a full record and soundtrack album. But just to make long-playing records now, I don?t know. I?ve lost my appetite for it, and if you look around at the facts, so has the rest of the world.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/motley-cruee-honored-at-sunset-strip-20110817

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1826 on: September 01, 2011, 12:28:18 AM »

Interview w Vince peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sltGeWc6Y9E

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1827 on: September 02, 2011, 02:34:44 AM »

From Tommy Lee:

AUGUST 17, 2011

When we did the interview prior to the tour, you talked about not wanting to make albums. Has being on the road changed your views on that at all?

As far as making new music, I?m sure we will. There?s nothing official laid out yet. What I meant was just making records to make records doesn?t seem like that?s got much of a point anymore, when people don?t buy records, they buy singles. Why not make more singles more often than these big, long records over two-, three-, four-year spans? Give the fans more music and better music, like doing EPs. I just think that would be a way better thing. Now, making a full-length record, I think, serves a purpose, like, let?s say, when The Dirt[movie] finally gets made. I?d say that totally warrants a full record and soundtrack album. But just to make long-playing records now, I don?t know. I?ve lost my appetite for it, and if you look around at the facts, so has the rest of the world.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/motley-cruee-honored-at-sunset-strip-20110817

What a load of shit. Maybe if Motley Crue actually put out a full album of quality music, people would still buy it, I know I would!

If they put out something as strong as Dr Feelgood or the Crue 1994 albums, people would still buy it.

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1828 on: September 02, 2011, 04:26:42 AM »

What a load of shit. Maybe if Motley Crue actually put out a full album of quality music, people would still buy it, I know I would!

But...buy what? CD's? Why? Any between 12-25 do it? Thats the main MC-consumers, always has been. Tongue

They should really make an album/new songs, it's amazing they all are still alive.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:29:12 AM by norway » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1829 on: September 02, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »

If they put out something as strong as Dr Feelgood or the Crue 1994 albums, people would still buy it.

I agree, Crue's quality of albums has been lacking over the past decades.  But you guys really need to get off of that 1994 albums dick, it really wasn't that good, had like 2 really good songs, the rest was a mess.  Lots of filler, and songs about 2 minutes longer than they should have been, would have been much better if Vince was singing on it and they trimmed the songs down.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1830 on: September 03, 2011, 01:21:17 AM »

WOW musicians making new music and releasing albums... What a novel fucking concept. Roll Eyes

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1831 on: September 03, 2011, 05:02:57 AM »

I agree, Crue's quality of albums has been lacking over the past decades.  But you guys really need to get off of that 1994 albums dick, it really wasn't that good, had like 2 really good songs, the rest was a mess.  Lots of filler, and songs about 2 minutes longer than they should have been, would have been much better if Vince was singing on it and they trimmed the songs down.

You need to go back and listen again, the 1994 album is their BEST effort. Every song is killer, no filler here my friend.
Vince Neil can't sing for shit anymore these days either.

Motley Crue put themselves in line to be respected as serious contenders in heavy rock when they released that album, not just lame cock rock sleaze.
If anything, they should have ditched the Crue name and called it something different, then maybe people would have given it a chance.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1832 on: September 03, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »

You need to go back and listen again, the 1994 album is their BEST effort. Every song is killer, no filler here my friend.
Vince Neil can't sing for shit anymore these days either.

Motley Crue put themselves in line to be respected as serious contenders in heavy rock when they released that album, not just lame cock rock sleaze.
If anything, they should have ditched the Crue name and called it something different, then maybe people would have given it a chance.
Motley were way more than just a "cock rock sleaze" band.  They wrote from the heart. Can't say that about to many rock bands. Most just make up shit to sell records, cough Metallica, cough.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1833 on: September 03, 2011, 07:21:57 PM »

New Tattoo should have been the follow-up to Dr.Feelgood. ok

And Vince sounds great this tour come on!

Motley Crue inspired and trendsetted an entire decade of music-culture +other diferent subgenres of rock and metal. You don't really do that all over again when things change and runing off from your scene like a silly goose just because Axl and Kurt made certain things less popular doesn't give you cred, altho adding a little new funstuff to their music would be kewl peace

Motley Crue is Motley Crue is Motley Crue...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:23:47 PM by norway » Logged

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1834 on: September 05, 2011, 11:00:02 PM »

Nikki slams Poison/it's fans, but could not pass up the $$$ for this tour. Typcal Nikki-maybe it time for another greatest hits album

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1835 on: September 07, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »

Eighties rocker Nikki Sixx helps fans get backstage passes (exclusive)

September 6, 2011

A new service called backBeat helps you get ?backstage access? for a chat with your favorite musicians.

It also eliminates the requirement of actually being at the concert, which means backBeat is either a) no fun, or b) much safer than a real-life backstage chat.

Adding to the whole Spinal Tap 2.0 feel, backBeat recruited Nikki Sixx, the bassist for 1980s hair metal group M?tley Cr?e, to help tout the new service.

Read more and Nikki's video announcement here: http://venturebeat.com/2011/09/06/backbeat-session-nikki-sixx/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1836 on: September 16, 2011, 01:20:24 PM »

Vince Neil shows his new Ride @ Boa in West Hollywood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1WhCz_0YU

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1837 on: September 22, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »

REVIEW, PHOTOS: Motley Crue Put On Explosive Show At Riverstage, Brisbane

22 September, 2011

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/review-photos-motley-crue-put-on-explosive-show-at-riverstage-brisbane/20110922-ek1v.html

Some good footage:

Motley Crue - Smokin' In The Boys Room (Live in Brisbane 2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3KGpeQEtQ

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart (Live in Brisbane 2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3Insq4E2k

Motley Crue - Brisbane Riverstage - Home Sweet Home 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFz_wwBYPQ

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1838 on: September 23, 2011, 11:58:38 AM »

Tommy Lee's Craziest Video Interview Ever: Sex Swings, Little People And Playing Hometown Shows

23 September, 2011

Video: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/tommy-lees-craziest-video-interview-ever-sex-swings-little-people-and-playing-hometown-shows/20110923-ekh2.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1839 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »

Motley Crue Sued For The Fourth Time Over Belt Buckle Photo

Oct 05, 2011

The man who owns the copyright to an iconic picture that Motley Crue used on their debut album cover, Too Fast For Love, is suing the band for infringement, and RadarOnline.com has the exclusive lawsuit documents.

The plaintiff, Ron Toma, is fighting the legendary hair metal band over the picture that photographer Michael Pinter took in 1981, which famously depicts a close-up of a studded belt buckle and a crotch in tight leather pants.

Read The Court Documents Here

Toma obtained the rights to the pictures "through written assignments," and he is now suing Motley Crue Inc., for "injunctive relief and damages relating to the defendants' copyright infringement of Toma's intellectual property," according to the papers filed in the Illinois Northern District Court.

This is the fourth time that Toma has sued the band in the past four years.

The latest filing was made on September 26 in light of the photo being used for the band?s 2011 30th Anniversary Tour, when a giant reincarnation was displayed behind the band as they performed on stage.

long with the crotch shot that has since been used on tour merchandise including hooded sweatshirts, Toma also owns the copyright to early photos of the original band members including Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil and Mick Mars in all their glory with long hair, heavy eye-liner and lots of leather.

Both Motley Crue and the plaintiff have not yet returned calls for comment.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/10/motley-crue-sued-fourth-time-over-belt-buckle-photo-too-fast-love

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: