Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 313610 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1860 on: December 09, 2011, 09:56:29 PM »

Why do people feel the need to come in here and constantly trash Motley? If you don't like the band stay out of the thread. I'm pretty sure this is the most trolled band thread on this forum. I saw Motley last summer, and I'm the bands biggest critic when it comes to live performances and they fucking rocked! Vince sang every word and he sounded great.   I guess a lot of you only like a band if they can sell out arenas or something? 

And axlrosegnr get rid of the horrid disgusting Rebel flag avatar. Every time I see it I think of some bucked tooth cousin fucking red neck douche bag.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Aw Shit!!!

Haha, I've been done with you for a long time. Go to sleep bitch.

Cmon now i defended u and that Flag in the Jungle a long time ago.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1861 on: December 10, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpVkhH6upVE Live Wire from yesterday

Why is it when he says "Shout at the devil" it sounds like:

"Shaaaa-ha-ma-nevaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Because it's Vince Neil? He has always been singing like that.

This is not poprock or Idol, it's rock. Vocalisation and his unique sound is all that matters.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 12:57:35 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1862 on: December 10, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »

Possibly the funniest thing I've ever read here. You're kidding yourself if you think that Vince can actually sing these days.

Actually, I think it depends on the song.  The last time I saw Motley was in 2009, when they did the entire Dr Feelgood album from top to bottom.  I think Vince sounded good on all the songs that they rarely played live.  Maybe it's because he never sang them enough to develop the bad habit of "making noises that resemble lyrics".  But that's just Vince, even back in the 80s, he never sang every word when performing live.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1863 on: December 10, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpVkhH6upVE Live Wire from yesterday

Why is it when he says "Shout at the devil" it sounds like:

"Shaaaa-ha-ma-nevaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Because it's Vince Neil? He has always been singing like that.

This is not poprock or Idol, it's rock. Vocalisation and his unique sound is all that matters.

That has to be the most ridiculous justification of his mumbled words. rofl
I listen to plenty of rock bands that you can understand the words as clear as day. What the hell has that got to do with Idol?

Idol is a fucking joke, do you think that Vince mumbling rubbish is him being anti-Idol? That is even more ridiculous.

I like Motley Crue, I have no problem with the albums, but I'm calling it as I hear it, Vince can't sing live well at all.

I don't get that. He can sing in the studio, but can't string a sentence together when performing it live?
Is his voice really that shot?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1864 on: December 10, 2011, 10:01:26 PM »

I don't get that. He can sing in the studio, but can't string a sentence together when performing it live?
Is his voice really that shot?

Two different animals.  Studio vocals are recorded in various takes and can be pieced together if necessary.  You don't have to maintain the energy, pitch, or continuity while recording in the studio, and you can take breaths if you miss a lyric and just record it again.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1865 on: December 12, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »

What are you talking about justification? It's rockn'roll, we, the fans, consume this!

It's like "justifying" the added rasp when a singer sings loud or "justifying" the distortion, feedback and bi-sounds (like pull-offs, hammer-ons etc) that gets added when amplifying a guitar. If I wanted to listen to academicly correct music (which is not music btw) then I wouldn't be listening to rockbands.

Vince been singing like that since the early 80's, it's his signature.

A fan is gonna justify his singing style just as much as a Bucketheadfan gonna justify excess usage of killswitch. Not happening. Tongue

I listen to plenty of rock bands that you can understand the words as clear as day.

Youtube: 'Carving a giant' and see if u understand hihi

do you think that Vince mumbling rubbish is him being anti-Idol? That is even more ridiculous.

You applied the same rating-system to one of the world greatest and unique rockstars.

Rock represent the oposite music-cultur than Idol.

I'm calling it as I hear it, Vince can't sing live well at all.

Fair, when he got the job Mick, Tommy and Nikki were also underwhelmed w his singing, they headhunted him because he was hot and charismatic. His Vocals are almost a underground-thing. BTW, if you listen to TTFL and SATD you will hear he, in studio, slurs words and the song SATD actually went ' 'I am a wolf' which Vince by habit accidenly changed to 'He' cause it as easier to sing I guess.

It's his style, why be a copycat? Why sing in flock?

He can sing in the studio, b

Really?

Helter Skelter: I did it again....

Too Fast for Love: She puts her leg up well, calls it good luck.

Live Wire: I Am Hot, I am young

The list goes on...I like it Smiley He also vocalise words his own way peace

axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1866 on: December 12, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »

Why do people feel the need to come in here and constantly trash Motley? If you don't like the band stay out of the thread. I'm pretty sure this is the most trolled band thread on this forum. I saw Motley last summer, and I'm the bands biggest critic when it comes to live performances and they fucking rocked! Vince sang every word and he sounded great.   I guess a lot of you only like a band if they can sell out arenas or something? 

And axlrosegnr get rid of the horrid disgusting Rebel flag avatar. Every time I see it I think of some bucked tooth cousin fucking red neck douche bag.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Aw Shit!!!

Haha, I've been done with you for a long time. Go to sleep bitch.

Cmon now i defended u and that Flag in the Jungle a long time ago.

Did you? My apologies. I'm bad at going back and checking up on threads. (Which the flag is there solely to piss the people off that get all hot and bothered.  Smiley )

On a side note: I'm getting more and more excited about Motley at the Joint. I hope they pull it off well. It sounds completely different than any other "regular" concert I've ever seen. And I've seen Motley and Vince solo combined probably 10 times, and while with Vince, it his hit or miss on whether he can sing that particular night, it's always a blast either way.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:02:23 PM by axlrosegnr » Logged

Axl is God.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1867 on: December 14, 2011, 06:33:32 AM »

What are you talking about justification? It's rockn'roll, we, the fans, consume this!

It's like "justifying" the added rasp when a singer sings loud or "justifying" the distortion, feedback and bi-sounds (like pull-offs, hammer-ons etc) that gets added when amplifying a guitar. If I wanted to listen to academicly correct music (which is not music btw) then I wouldn't be listening to rockbands.

Vince been singing like that since the early 80's, it's his signature.

A fan is gonna justify his singing style just as much as a Bucketheadfan gonna justify excess usage of killswitch. Not happening. Tongue

I listen to plenty of rock bands that you can understand the words as clear as day.

Youtube: 'Carving a giant' and see if u understand hihi

do you think that Vince mumbling rubbish is him being anti-Idol? That is even more ridiculous.

You applied the same rating-system to one of the world greatest and unique rockstars.

Rock represent the oposite music-cultur than Idol.

I'm calling it as I hear it, Vince can't sing live well at all.

Fair, when he got the job Mick, Tommy and Nikki were also underwhelmed w his singing, they headhunted him because he was hot and charismatic. His Vocals are almost a underground-thing. BTW, if you listen to TTFL and SATD you will hear he, in studio, slurs words and the song SATD actually went ' 'I am a wolf' which Vince by habit accidenly changed to 'He' cause it as easier to sing I guess.

It's his style, why be a copycat? Why sing in flock?

He can sing in the studio, b

Really?

Helter Skelter: I did it again....

Too Fast for Love: She puts her leg up well, calls it good luck.

Live Wire: I Am Hot, I am young

The list goes on...I like it Smiley He also vocalise words his own way peace

Really? I can't believe you're still carrying on about this.

To make it clear, I have no problem with Vince's style of singing, I love some Motley Crue songs.
But the fact is, he can't replicate his studio voice (which I can actually understand what he's saying) in a live setting.

You call his slurs and mumbling in a live performance "rock n roll"

I call it pathetic. ok

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1868 on: December 14, 2011, 03:17:09 PM »

But the fact is, he can't replicate his studio voice (which I can actually understand what he's saying) in a live setting.

It's age, the cycle.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems 2 me you want studioreplica instead of improv. Buckethead sounds way diferent live them from studio, it's working as intended.

At the SATD-tour he sang TFFL-songs very diferent from the album, it still rocked...and Dr.Feelgood is as if you almost listening to a diferent singer if you go from SATD to Dr.Feelgood. Imo, he has sounded really good (by the Vince-standard :p) this tour. Nice screaming on SOLA, he nails Live Wire and Home Sweet Home gives me goosebombs at times. peace

He should sing Starry Eyes tho, he would nail it I think.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: December 15, 2011, 06:02:21 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems 2 me you want studioreplica instead of improv. Buckethead sounds way diferent live them from studio, it's working as intended.

I never said that, I'd just like him to try actually singing.
Most of the time he just points the microphone to the audience to sing, and when he does it himself, it sounds terrible.

And the difference with your Buckethead example, is that when Buckethead improvises, it still sounds good.

Just admit it mate, Vince Neil can't sing live for shit. You know it's true, and this argument is getting pointless. ok

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1870 on: December 15, 2011, 07:43:33 AM »

Vince Neil is awesome live even though sometimes he skips words on the songs, because he's out of breathe.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1871 on: December 15, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »

And the difference with your Buckethead example, is that when Buckethead improvises, it still sounds good.

No, I like Vince too ok

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #1872 on: December 19, 2011, 11:16:48 PM »

Just admit it mate, Vince Neil can't sing live for shit. You know it's true, and this argument is getting pointless.

Pointless how?  Because you can't understand that Norway doesn't mind Vince skipping the words the way that you mind it?  To each his own, chap.

I don't disagree with you -- I wish Vince sang all the words too.  However, the bottom line is that -- regardless of Vince's singing -- anybody who goes to a Motley Crue show will NOT be disappointed.  Their shows are pure energy and entertainment from top to bottom.  I've seen the original lineup 5 times and they've never disappointed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:19:49 PM by Bridge » Logged
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1873 on: December 20, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »

Just admit it mate, Vince Neil can't sing live for shit. You know it's true, and this argument is getting pointless.

Pointless how?  Because you can't understand that Norway doesn't mind Vince skipping the words the way that you mind it?  To each his own, chap.

I don't disagree with you -- I wish Vince sang all the words too.  However, the bottom line is that -- regardless of Vince's singing -- anybody who goes to a Motley Crue show will NOT be disappointed.  Their shows are pure energy and entertainment from top to bottom.  I've seen the original lineup 5 times and they've never disappointed.

I saw them live twice when they've toured Australia. The band was great, Vince was terrible.
That's not to say they didn't put on a great show anyway.

The argument is pointless because Norway keeps making excuses for Vince's poor singing effort, as if I'm "not getting it".

There's nothing to "get". Fact is, Vince Neil can't sing live.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1874 on: December 20, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »

I agree ive seen them since they reunited in 2005 like 5 times as well and everytime they kicked ass, The worst was probably there tour with Aerosmith and they played a shorter set and kinda opened, but if ur up close there arent many better...BRING BACK CRUEFEST!!!!!

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1875 on: December 21, 2011, 09:52:14 AM »

The argument is pointless because Norway keeps making excuses for Vince's poor singing effort, as if I'm "not getting it".

I'm not making excuses, I say I like it. Thats what makes him the exceptional singer that he is.

You don't seem to understand one can appreciate the studio AND the live-performance.

F.x Studioshout vs the Shout he does on Entertainment and Death; I absolutely LOVE the way he skip the words and replace it with his godlike vocalisation and backword-singing. This is what does it 2 me, altho...sometimes his singing sucks but that has nothing 2 do with his skipword-singing style, it just means it's one of those days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dX14LL4UGw  <<< Shout live w word-skipping and unique vocalisation,

Sounds amazing imo headbanger The pre-chorus on theor very first official song has wordskips, is cool mkay :p
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:17:18 AM by norway » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1876 on: December 21, 2011, 09:56:38 AM »

I've got a feeling (hopefully), Vince is saying hes thinking of leaving just to drum up ticket sales for the joint...id like to see cruefest one more time

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1877 on: December 21, 2011, 10:03:35 AM »

I've got a feeling (hopefully), Vince is saying hes thinking of leaving just to drum up ticket sales for the joint...id like to see cruefest one more time

Wait, what? Vince says he leaves? coffee

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1878 on: December 21, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »

Wait, what? Vince says he leaves? coffee

M?TLEY CR?E singer Vince Neil tells Robin Leach of the Las Vegas Sun that he is seriously contemplating a split from the band after their run of concerts at the Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel from February 3 to February 19, 2012. "It's not definite, but I am thinking seriously about it," he says.

He adds, "This is all about me thinking about the second half of my life, thinking about my future, and that future might not include M?TLEY CR?E after Vegas. There are so many opportunities that are in front of me that I'm really excited about. I just don't want to look back later in life and regret that I didn't pursue them.

"I'm just not sure I can give these opportunities the time and effort I'll need to and continue with the band. It's been a great ride, and I've enjoyed every second of it, but being out here relaxing in this beautiful place has given me the chance to reflect on what direction I want the rest of my life to take. I'm really giving it a lot of thought."

Neil previously exited the CR?E in 1992 and was replaced by John Corabi. However, by 1997, the original bandmembers were back together.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1879 on: December 21, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »

Steve Baltin of RollingStone.com recently conducted an interview with M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On M?TLEY CR?E's plans following the band's much ballyhooed Vegas residency this coming February :

Sixx: "This is the beginning of what will be the biggest probably four to five years of the band's career. We're negotiating with a couple of other extremely huge bands on doing a co-headline tour, something that's never happened before. There's new music in the future."

On the long-awaited film adaptation of CR?E's band biography "The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band":

Sixx: "The wheels are in motion for getting the M?TLEY CR?E movie made now. We finally got everything in order the way it needs to be done, and that's gonna happen. . . We have sort of an agreement with a production company, directors, etc, to right now just keep it amongst ourselves. So once we have everything really together, we're gonna let everybody know. But trust me, when I say the wheels are in motion they're definitely in motion."

On whether there are any plans for M?TLEY CR?E to retire in the not-too-distant future:

Sixx: "The band sat down and had a powwow as brothers and friends and guys who've been doing this for over 30 years, and we said, 'When is it time?' We've always said since we were kids we didn't want to hobble into the sunset. So after the movie, at some point ? whether it's within a year or a few years ? we're probably gonna have that conversation about maybe it's time, maybe it's time to go out on top."

"If I'm watching my favorite boxer and he's just won the heavyweight championship of the world and he retires it kind of makes the guy a legend. I always respected LED ZEPPELIN, and I'd rather M?TLEY CR?E be thought of as that type of band rather than a band that's just going through the motions."

"We're really proud of what we've done, whether critics like us or not, whether we've won Grammys or not, whether any of that stuff. We're proud that we did it on our own terms."

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: