Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  If Guns go on tour again in the USA with or without CD's release
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Guns go on tour again in the USA with or without CD's release  (Read 21257 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 01:55:04 PM »

There are fans who support certain things and dissaprove of others. In the end they are no less of a fan and don't agree with some things because they are fans who want the best for the band.
bingo

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT WHAT PLACES IN THE USA GNR CAN PLAY NEXT EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT CD'S RELEASE.

IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS/WHINE/BITCH OR WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU CALL IT WHY HTGTH IS NOT RUN THE WAY ?YOU SEE FIT OR WHY GNR OPERATE ON THEIR OWN TIMETABLE OR WHAT KIND OF FAN YOU ARE OR AREN'T THEN START A NEW THREAD OR TAKE IT TO PMS.

Now, GNR hasn't played Kansas City have they?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 01:57:34 PM »

no1 cares about where gnr will be playing if they dont release an album dude

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »

Because people want an album release. People want to know why there hasnt been an update since the last update. Even Axl said if things change he would update us. Obiviously things have changed....but no follow up...but I guess thats too much to ask

Well, I can imagine your euphoria if GN'R issued the following update: The album currently doesn't have a release date. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.....

Most of us thought that 2000-2005ish was all part of a plan or a base for the launch. As it turned out we were wrong.?

I guess your whole life has always gone according to plan....

We all arent hangin and travelling with the band.

When I went to Japan, I was traveling with AdZ.... Did he join the band?  hihi

We took trains, cabs and stuff like that. It's not really anything unheard of.

Tell that to the fans in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »

Well, I can imagine your euphoria if GN'R issued the following update: The album currently doesn't have a release date. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.....
yea as long as he said why the plan wasnt reached and what the new plan would be I would have been fine with that.

I guess your whole life has always gone according to plan....
nope it hasnt. but that doesnt mean it has to seem like its a mess either

When I went to Japan, I was traveling with AdZ.... Did he join the band? 

We took trains, cabs and stuff like that. It's not really anything unheard of.
you never have hung out with the band and or people close to the band?

Tell that to the fans in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

Why cant they play at all of those places but still release CD?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 02:14:43 PM »

incorrect.  you're speaking for others while others already said otherwise in this thread but you can't be bothered.
all you care is whether you can argue down your opponent or not.   

It saddens me to know that what's it was all about is whether you win or lose in those debates after all.
what you mean?
now you know.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 02:17:58 PM »

yea as long as he said why the plan wasnt reached and what the new plan would be I would have been fine with that.

Sure.

So they'd give you a reason, the truth. What would you do?

"I don't believe it! Axl always blames something!"

Don't you think we've seen this all before?

you never have hung out with the band and or people close to the band?

Like many other people, yes I have been fortunate enough to meet band members in various locations over the past 18 months.

Why cant they play at all of those places but still release CD?

Are you serious?

Is this your idea of discussion? "Why can't they release the album?"

Answer: We don't know.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:21:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 02:19:10 PM »

lol you actually think that I argue only because I want to argue with some1? Or because I want to win a debate?

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 02:20:44 PM »

Or Kansas City would be good if they don't come to St. Louis... 
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 02:26:15 PM »

Come back to London, Ontario!  Great show a few years ago
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 02:27:10 PM »

Come back to London, Ontario!? Great show a few years ago

They played in Ottawa on that treck too, didn't they?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »

He hasnt given a reason so it doesnt matter what I would do. You assume more whining and complaining would continue. Im saying...for myself atleast....I would be happy with a descent explanation.

I was all for the whole youll get news when there is news back in the day. But now its at a point where its like what the hell is goin on. As I said earlier...imo we all thought there was some grandplan...we were all wrong...in fact there was no plan....maybe there was. I think there was at certain points...and naturally things changed and im cool with that...but when things keep changing then I think that is why news would be a little more welcomed nowadays.

Are you serious?

Touring in 02 was cool because it served a purpose. The last few tours were great but most would rather have a CD tour...but ok it we'll live with it. WHy would they need to tour with the same setlist again? There is no reason.

Since when has it become a rock n roll rule that a band must play in every arena ?in the world before they release an album? I didnt know this was the new rock n roll ettiqute. Why cant they release CD and tour on that and then they can visit any place they want and play whatever they want.

Most people get pissed because it seems as if touring got in the way of recording. I dont think thats the case anymore because the album is probably done. But thats why people were pissed in the past. Any future touring without the new album would be insulting

elmir
VIP

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 02:33:12 PM »

Any future touring without the new album would be insulting

in the US probably.....not in Africa or South America....here, they could still pass as a major, stadium filling act....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »

He hasnt given a reason so it doesnt matter what I would do. You assume more whining and complaining would continue. Im saying...for myself atleast....I would be happy with a descent explanation.

I was all for the whole youll get news when there is news back in the day. But now its at a point where its like what the hell is goin on. As I said earlier...imo we all thought there was some grandplan...we were all wrong...in fact there was no plan....maybe there was. I think there was at certain points...and naturally things changed and im cool with that...but when things keep changing then I think that is why news would be a little more welcomed nowadays.

Are you serious?

Touring in 02 was cool because it served a purpose. The last few tours were great but most would rather have a CD tour...but ok it we'll live with it. WHy would they need to tour with the same setlist again? There is no reason.

Since when has it become a rock n roll rule that a band must play in every arena ?in the world before they release an album? I didnt know this was the new rock n roll ettiqute. Why cant they release CD and tour on that and then they can visit any place they want and play whatever they want.

Most people get pissed because it seems as if touring got in the way of recording. I dont think thats the case anymore because the album is probably done. But thats why people were pissed in the past. Any future touring without the new album would be insulting

What would be your idea of a decent explanation for why they haven't been able to release the album?

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »

in the US probably.....not in Africa or South America....here, they could still pass as a major, stadium filling act....

so if Axl came out and said that the reason CD is not coming out is because they havnt played in Africa and South America yet that would be ok with you?

again...since when does a rock band have to tour every arena in the world before they release an album. I dont get how they are related...especially to this extent

What would be your idea of a decent explanation for why they haven't been able to release the album?
the truth. whatever that might be. hes the one who mentioned the process in the last update. So now I would just expect him to clarify why those goals werent met. The truth thats all. not too much to ask for.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »

so if Axl came out and said that the reason CD is not coming out is because they havnt played in Africa and South America yet that would be ok with you?

of course not....
i want this album as much as you do, but i'm not prepared to give these people (gnr+management+associates) lessons on how to do their thing....i couldn't care less if they feel that they should take another 10 years....

i'm a gnr fan...first and foremost...and like every fan, would love to see them play in my neighborhood (cause trips to Europe are pricey)....and if they plan on touring the shit out of that band...I want them to come and see me as well.... hihi

with or without the album.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »

Ali

Royalty shenanigins, an unstable revolving door of pre and post production personel (producers, for instance), and the unsatiable desire on Axl's part for perfectionism.

Decent enough for me, I guess.

Once Axl mentioned to Zakk Wylde, when asked, that the legal battle's with his ex-wife and/or wives as a reason for no new material to the effect of not being able to come up with lyrics, though. Loosely quoated: "What am I supposed to sing about? My divorce?)

So there you have one reason from him. Decent for some, not for others. I say then fuck it and dedicate a whole album to that since it's such an emotionally gripping experience. Maybe some good stuff would have come out of it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »

but the question still hasnt been answered. Why does touring and releasing an album have to be related? Why cant they release CD and then go tour and play wherever, whatever, and whenever they want?

If they want to take another 10 yrs then so be it. im fine with that too but they need to say that instead of stringing us along like fools.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 02:48:28 PM »

Why cant they release CD and then go tour and play wherever, whatever, and whenever they want?

Didn't we already establish that we don't know exactly why the album isn't out?

Do you wanna keep going round and round in circles?

/jarmo

elmir
VIP

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 02:50:35 PM »

Why does touring and releasing an album have to be related?

because it encourages sales, longevity on the charts, and future income....the more products you have on the market, the better the chances of increasing your income....hence the basic logic of touring behind an album....

but they need to say that instead of stringing us along like fools.

maybe...just maybe...we should give GOD the benefit of the doubt here....perhaps things really did get out of hand on many levels which he couldn't control...and then inevitably delayed the record....

if that's the case....if the reasons are of a personal nature....i wouldn't share it with the world either....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: