Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:31:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 153658 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »

Even though I started this topic about the book...I wanted to make a comment about the leaks. 

I'm a big fan of listening to demos.  I love to listen to different versions of a song to hear the progression of a track.  I think there's a very personal attachment that's formed when listening in this manner...

That said, I do a lot of writing for a living.  I'm by no means anyone important and barely any of my work-to-date is notable.  But from a personal perspective, nothing kills me more than letting someone read my material before I've finished.   Unless it's someone I'm directly working with or I need notes on a section, I never let anyone read what I'm doing...even my wife.  I was trying to look at this from Axl's POV.  If I was working on a project that wasn't completed and it somehow leaked and everyone was reading it, I would be very crushed.   But as bad as that would be, I think I would be even more frustrated if the entire world was discussing whether my unfinished work was good or not.  It's rough draft, I may be experimenting with something...or I'm using something as a placeholder.  I would hate to have my material judged after being taken completely out of context.  Finally,  to top it off, when people are talking about leaked material that will only influence other people who haven't seen the work to go and seek it out...

I know it's not HTGH's job to stop the leaks...but it's not their job to encourage it either.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 01:52:09 AM »

blah blah blah..more stuff from the old band.  I guess when it comes to any GN'R release it'll be something from the 87-93 period.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 01:52:43 AM »

Great post regarding the 'l' word, acompleteunknown, and may I just say that I completely agree with you on this matter and that the only leeks I'm interested in are the ones in my veg patch.

Back on topic of the book, this chap does get a mention in the album thank yous, but it's not UYI but Appetite:

"Marc Canter - without you?" 

Still doesn't fill me with enthusiasm though I'm afraid; I'd much rather have more photos of a present-day Axl - for one thing it doesn't make me feel so old...  Wink

...and for another I think he's still "devilishly handsome", to use the words of Tommy 'The Nightmare' Smith.   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 02:58:28 AM »

Well i guess Democracy is not the proper word for this forum: maybe in this forum we should talk about Chinese Nazi-Dictature...
At least i have balls to say what everyone else here think....
And yes you can delete my post but you know i'm right .

Poor little deprived baby!

You're such a tough guy.....

Why don't you do what your fellow Italian fans are doing.....

/jarmo

Jarmo: 1
Acciu:  0

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 03:24:21 AM »

would be cool to see some new old pics, preferably backstage stuff, something we haven't seen before. Not just the guys on stage, though that's cool as well.

Hope most of the pics are of Axl  hihi

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 04:01:44 AM »

blah blah blah..more stuff from the old band.? I guess when it comes to any GN'R release it'll be something from the 87-93 period.

But I don't think this is a bad thig though. Always great to learn things about Gn'R's history yes

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 04:02:52 AM »

blah blah blah..more stuff from the old band.? I guess when it comes to any GN'R release it'll be something from the 87-93 period.

But I don't think this is a bad thig though. Always great to learn things about Gn'R's history yes

You should find out about Axl's yellow/red shield tattoo on his left arm then.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 04:04:02 AM »

Well.. ummm.. that's not my point. But whatever man ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 04:05:21 AM »

You said that it's always great to learn about GnR's history. That's part of it.  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 04:54:34 AM »

You said that it's always great to learn about GnR's history. That's part of it.? ok

Couldn't care less about Axl's tattoos Tongue

BEEP.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2007, 04:55:48 AM »

You said that it's always great to learn about GnR's history. That's part of it.? ok

Couldn't care less about Axl's tattoos Tongue

rofl rofl :rofl:You should. Shocked

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DaBrookman
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 02:52:54 AM »

A little more about the book just for HTGTH - I got to see dozens of the pics, and they are amazing. There's pics of the guys where they can't be more than 16. There's a pic from the session for Appetites' back cover, and Mark Canter is sitting right there with them - wearing Slash's top hat!
Also, Mark created a dvd press kit for the book, by the way I don't remember the exact title but it's something like "The Road to Destruction: the Making of Appetite for Destruction" - but that's not it exactly, I'll get it for you soon. Anywayz on the apx 10min dvd they interview Slash, Duff, Robert John, Vicki Hamilton, Tom Zutaut and others. It's slickly designed and I believe the book will have an August release.
shelly60
Master of the ropes
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »

I love to look at pictures of the old lineup, Its part of the GNR History. It was the linup I first fell in love with, same as I like to watch all the old Videos its just part of the whole GNR thing to me. Love the old stuff, love the new.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »

I hope they have some good pictures of Axl and Izzy together.  Those guys really balanced each other well -- both as friends and musical collaborators.

It'd be sweet to see some pictures of those two back in the day.  Back before fame and expectation kinda changed everything.  Back when they were just two hungry kids who wanted to play in a rock band.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 03:55:12 AM »

This is sounding alot cooler by the minute.    I don't care if they are old pix, if I haven't seen them I haven't seen them and I want to.

That 10 min dvd sounds cool as well.

Ready to Crash and Burn
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 08:45:18 PM »

Well i guess Democracy is not the proper word for this forum: maybe in this forum we should talk about Chinese Nazi-Dictature...

/jarmo

is it really neccesary to bring somebodys backround into the problem? honestly now thats just petty.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »

/jarmo

is it really neccesary to bring somebodys backround into the problem? honestly now thats just petty.

Why not! Everyone knows that if there is one race that knows hows to take a chill pill and relax with a glass of vino (or 2) and a big bowl of ripe tomatoes dripping in oil, basil and garlic - it's the Italians!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 09:11:26 PM »

/jarmo

Why not! Everyone knows that if there is one race that knows hows to take a chill pill and relax with a glass of vino (or 2) and a big bowl of ripe tomatoes dripping in oil, basil and garlic - it's the Italians!

you say that as if it's a bad thing..... seriously leave the racial comments to yourself. It's beyond stupid

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2007, 03:37:48 AM »

/jarmo

you say that as if it's a bad thing..... seriously leave the racial comments to yourself. It's beyond stupid

Huh! I'm half Italian! Stupid!! Why would I pay out my own people??

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »

http://www.recklessroad.com/

? ?? ?

? ?

Marc Canter witnessed the creation of Guns N' Roses and photographed every gig the band played on the Sunset Strip. With nearly a thousand never-before-seen photos, original gig memorabilia, hand-written song lyrics and and exclusive interviews with over 20 people, Reckless Road chronicles the formation of Guns N' Roses and the creation of their seminal groundbreaking rock album, Appetite for Destruction.

Reckless Road leaves a well-documented legacy few bands can boast.

You can choose your own cover out of the 5 original members of GN'R. The book costs $30 and will ship on September 10, 2007. Thanks to axlfinck at cd.com.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: