Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 153630 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #560 on: March 13, 2008, 10:08:13 PM »

yeah, i'd have said maybe five figures, about 20-30,000 or so.  It is a good book though, a friend of mine has stolen my copy, and yet to give it back. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #561 on: March 20, 2008, 12:16:30 AM »

finally got my copy couple of days ago... damn it that friggin book is just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone knows if there's extra clips or anything related to the book in any place??

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #562 on: March 21, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »

Just to let you all know..

If you live in the UK you can buy the book from Zavvi for only ?10. They had them sitting on the counter at the cashdesk!!!  beer

BARGAIN!!! ok

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #563 on: March 22, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »

Got the books today but, of course, the packaging sucked and the Slash cover is fucked.  But the rest are good, so just gotta exchange one.  Not bad.  I am most definitely happy!

so just gotta exchange one. 

you're willing to wait another 4 months ?
my axl cover looks like someone got a cutting knife and try to slice the book in half but its not across the whole book, but it sucks though and i dont want to exchange it since who knows when they will send a replacement.

Well, I sent it in for an exchange on 1/12/08 and got my replacement book today.  A little longer than I had hoped but it did come!!!  beer

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #564 on: March 23, 2008, 11:45:04 PM »

I dont wanna look through the last 10 pages, but does anyone know if enhanced books has uploaded the rest of the video and audio over the last couple of months?
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #565 on: March 26, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »

Bought my copy in Virgin Megastore yesterday (or 'Zavvy's' as it's now called) for ?10, and have started reading it, and have come away very impressed. Cool photo's, interesting comments, and a generally nice insight into early GN'R....

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #566 on: March 26, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »

Recived my copy 2 weeks ago, and havent been on line here so much because of that book!!  Grin Ive read it so many times, very very very cool book for all fans, I used to dream about a inside eye on the band like this for like 17 years, and now I have one!!!   ok ok ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #567 on: May 20, 2008, 01:45:17 AM »

ok where is all the live videos? I just got the book and went to the site and did everything. Its kick ass by the way. LOVE it. But how come no live videos up?

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2008, 03:07:54 PM »

Just to let you all know..

If you live in the UK you can buy the book from Zavvi for only ?10. They had them sitting on the counter at the cashdesk!!!  beer

BARGAIN!!! ok

Thanks for the tip dude I'm gonna pop into my local branch on the way to work tomorrow!  ok

Here today...ready to rock
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #569 on: May 21, 2008, 12:22:24 AM »

ok where is all the live videos? I just got the book and went to the site and did everything. Its kick ass by the way. LOVE it. But how come no live videos up?
There are live video clips, not whole videos, but clips of songs being played and interviews.  You have to register the book on the website to access those.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #570 on: May 21, 2008, 11:59:38 AM »

I got a copy last night from one of the local Chapters bookstores up here in Canada. I was there to pick up another book but they had them out in the open near the entrance. I have been meaning to order a copy but decided "What the hell. May as well buy it now."

Cheers

Scree

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #571 on: May 21, 2008, 03:01:16 PM »

i?m halfway through the book and im loving every single page (especially all those 80s outfits  hihi). It definately is a bible for every GN'R fan. if you haven?t got it yet, go buy it and put it in your GN'R bookshelf! hehe  Grin

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
axleire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »

Got mine in zavvy in dublin its a class book.
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »

What a great book. A must have for all of us GnR fans. I read it at work, I was stuck for a double shift so I brought it with me. I couldnt put it down. I read the whole book that day.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #574 on: May 22, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »

There are live video clips, not whole videos, but clips of songs being played and interviews.  You have to register the book on the website to access those.

I did and the only video i see are the interviews. There is some audio clips, but not concert videos on the that i can find. Sad

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #575 on: May 22, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »

You might be right, it's been awhile since I watched the online stuff.  I thought there were SOME video clips of live performances though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #576 on: September 05, 2008, 07:15:59 AM »

Thursday, August 21, 2008
New Products, Improved Website...

Today is the official launch of our newest Reckless Road product line: Exclusive Collectible Prints.

We are making available some of the best and historically relevant photographs from Reckless Road to collect and display. This collection represents important milestones in the band's history, including the first time the Appetite for Destruction line-up played together at the Troubadour in 1985 and several from the first time that legendary Appetite songs, like Sweet Child O' Mine, were ever played.

If you like the images from the book, these 11'' x 17'' will blow you away. They are printed on Enhanced Matte Paper, a bright white paper that is perfect for images that do not require gloss. The images are highly saturated and maintain excellent highlight and shadow detail. These images were digitized directly from Marc Canter's and Jack Lue's negatives from the mid-80's, then cleaned up and color corrected. They look beautiful.

The prints are available for an introductory price of $14.95 each, plus s&h. Don't forget about our book/print promotion as well - buy the book and get a special Limited Edition print free.

The official Reckless Road website is the only place to get them. Email us to let us know what you think.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Coupon Code for Reckless Road Store

As our way of saying thanks to all of the Gunners out there, and to help promote the new Guns N' Roses Prints available exclusively at the Reckless Road Store, we are offering a special coupon code for 15% off your entire purchase. Check out the new Prints, and pick up a Collector's Edition of the book, if you don't already have one. There aren't many left!

Go to www.recklessroad.com and click on Store. Once you get to your shopping cart, enter "GNR-15" and click Apply to get your discount.

Rock on!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source:
http://recklessroad.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:17:42 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #577 on: February 10, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »

This is one of the few books I've yet to read sadly.

Is this just in paperback?

I might just order one from Marc directly from eBay. So he can sign it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Princess Leia
« Reply #578 on: February 10, 2016, 06:38:03 PM »

This is one of the few books I've yet to read sadly.

Is this just in paperback?

I might just order one from Marc directly from eBay. So he can sign it.

I love that books. It has amazing pictures. You can ask him directly. He has his own section at Mygnrforum
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #579 on: February 10, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »

I'm a loyalist. I won't join mygnr

I'm htgth or bust lol...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen