Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  "fire, the acoustic album" - new izzy album out now
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "fire, the acoustic album" - new izzy album out now  (Read 28272 times)
nyd
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »

"fire, the acoustic album"...

It was recorded in California this Summer [07]. Its all acoustic.... very basic recordings, 2 guitars with one playing slide..... Rick and Taz play on some of it. JT played bass on it, and percussion. He also mixed it in Dallas at Nomad Studios. Gary Long mastered it at Nomad as well. It was a fun album to make. There are 2 songs i co-wrote with an old friend of mine.... Timo Kaltia [guitarist/songwriter] He lives in uk, the songs are "Box" and "Seems To Me"... The writing started with those 2 songs and I took off from there. I`ll send in cover photo...........enjoy. cheers. izzy .......... I`ve sent music to Tunecore so should be live on Itunes in November. Take care."

Samples: http://www.chopaway.com/3_tracks.m4a

Source : chopaway.com

ok
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:00:18 PM by downliner » Logged
CSS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:33:36 PM »

Awesome, thanks for posting.

Two albums from Izzy Stradlin in one year, now that's something that doesn't happen everyday.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:38:55 PM »

Great news
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »

Thank you!! this looks pretty sweet!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »

Way to go Izzy...

Miami comes out of nowhere and now another new release a short time later.  This is good.   Sucks iTunes release only...but I will take what ever Izzy I can get

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:37:17 PM »

too bad axl doesn't sing on this one.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
nyd
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:37:26 PM »

The third clip is sweet - album sounds promising  Cool

Its cool that we'll get to hear an album full of rough takes. Wonder why Taz and Rick aren't on the whole album? Shocked
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:26:16 PM »

Any info on how well Miami sold on iTunes Will?

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 05:16:22 AM »

i'm def gonna get this...

Chinese Democracy!
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »

Itunes seems to be working well for Izzy. He can put out his stuff when ever he wants without the hassle of dealing with labels.
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 06:02:48 PM »

will it be properly mastered this time or will we have to buy another copy a few months later to get the proper experience? 

Apart from that though, cool news.  Acoustic stuff sounds good, Miami was an excellent album, hopefully this should be cool.  Now just tour goddamn it! 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
isa
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 06:58:01 PM »

Amazing!!! ok love, Izzy's always working on something good  yes
GeraldFord
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 07:06:32 PM »

Great! Another new Izzy album that I wont get to hear because I am to much of a retard to figure out how to use I-tunes.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 03:03:52 PM »

will it be properly mastered this time or will we have to buy another copy a few months later to get the proper experience??

Yep, the Miami remix was done by JT (who also plays bass and was the engineer) and mastered by Gary both from Nomad Studios in Dallas and they both have also done the same for the acoustic album.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 02:59:23 PM »

Pop / Rock (2007-11-14)

TuneCore To Help Market And Promote Bands By Giving Away 7,000,000 Copies Of '34 Stars' Compilation As Free iTunes Playlist

NEW YORK (Top40 Charts/ TuneCore) - TuneCore has released the '34 Stars' compilation, which is available for free download on iTunes starting today. The album is made up exclusively of TuneCore customers, including Public Enemy, The Dandy Warhols, Steve Vai, Izzy Stadlin (of Guns n' Roses), recent Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inductee Bill Medley (of The Righteous Brothers), Ray Manzarek (of The Doors) and 28 more artists.

Music fans will be able to get a code to download the album starting today at: http://www.tunecore.com/freealbum

In a massive promotional undertaking, '34 Stars' is a partnership between TuneCore, iTunes, PayPal, Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, Yamaha and Obedia.com.
Each partner will work to promote the playlist and distribute the codes.

In addition to thousands of rising artists, many established artists are also utilizing and embracing the new model created by TuneCore:

"TuneCore is your gear to begin to play the game." - Chuck D

"With G 'n R I would be onstage in front of 20,000 or 30,000 people playing our songs, but at the same time I would have this piece of work that I'm just dying to get out. [TuneCore] is a way for me to get the music out there; there are zero people between me, my music and the fans." - Izzy Stradlin

"TuneCore just could be the future. Looks like a clear road from me to my listener." -Bill Medley

'34 Stars' Track listing
1. Public Enemy - Harder Than You Think (remix)
2. The Dandy Warhols - Best Friend
3. Steve Vai - Juice
4. Izzy Stradlin - Bomb
5. Kelly - Let Me Borrow That Top
6. Ray Manzarek & Bal - Shinjuku Nights
7. Harry and the Potters - The Human Hosepipe
8. A Place to Bury Strangers - To Fix The Gash In Your Head
9. Bowerbirds - In Our Talons
10. Oh No! Oh My! - Walk in the park
11. Suzy Bogguss - Everything
12. Brazos - Mary Jo - A City Just as Tall
13. Marillion - Somewhere Else
14. Arizona - Splintering
15. Die Romantik - Tik Tok
16. Pink Nasty - Take it Back
17. Tacks, The Boy Disaster - Man with a Plan
18. The *** Blades - O Shot
19. Over the Rhine - Latter Days
20. Care Bears on Fire - Everybody Else
21. Peter and the Wolf - Better Days
22. Boy/Girl - The Shakes
23. La Laque - A Part - La Laque
24. Belaire - Back into the Wall
25. White Denim - Mess Your Hair Up - Let's Talk About It
26. ArkAngel - Higher-ArkAngel-X-Mix
27. The Milwaukees - Highway to the Sun
28. Spectre - Living End
29. The Forward - Smoking is ****
30. The Cryptkeeper Five - Incorruptible: The Death of Hope II
31. In the Fur - In the Fur
32. Krash Buzz Nine - Better
33. Maureen McCormick - Oh Boy
34. Bill Medley - Beautiful

TuneCore.com, the new music delivery and distribution service has changed the 100-year-old rules and model of the music business. It is a low, flat fee service that delivers anyone's music to iTunes, eMusic, Rhapsody and many other major download sites while taking no rights and no revenue from the sale of the music. TuneCore's fees are simply based upon the number songs delivered and the number of digital retailers it will be delivered to. With Nielsen SoundScan already reporting almost 200 million digital units sold this year (and those are just the ones they are counting), it is no wonder that artists are building careers, selling significant volumes of music and generating more revenue than most "signed" artists while keeping their rights utilizing the new model created by TuneCore.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
darkdays_01
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »

Good for Izzy. I hope this I-Tunes works out for him. I have had all of his stuff for years and recently bought the Miami album. Alot of my friends who liked Izzy's stuff (Ju Ju Hounds, 117*) have bought a few of his other stuff, it seems River and Like a Dog are the favorites. The Hell Song has been getting quote alot of play on Friday evenings. Great song. Looking forward to this acoustic disk. Keep em coming Izzy. beer
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »

how can you tell how many times a song has been uploaded?   I was wondering how his sales have been since he went on iTunes...

darkdays_01
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 11:39:21 PM »

how can you tell how many times a song has been uploaded?? ?I was wondering how his sales have been since he went on iTunes...

Not sure that is a good question, i have been wondering how his sales have been doing myself.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 11:45:46 PM »

So does any of Izzy's new stuff come out on cd?  Even offered through his website?

I'd really like to get my hands on it, but I only have dial up so there's no reason for me to have Itunes.  Bah.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 04:37:59 AM »

So does any of Izzy's new stuff come out on cd?? Even offered through his website?

Nope
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 05:20:37 AM »

I love the blues.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 07:20:37 AM »

will it be properly mastered this time or will we have to buy another copy a few months later to get the proper experience? 

Apart from that though, cool news.  Acoustic stuff sounds good, Miami was an excellent album, hopefully this should be cool.  Now just tour goddamn it! 

how do i know if i have the shitty version or the proper one?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »

the difference in sound quality is very obvious.  One sounds very flat and quiet, the other is a lot louder and more dynamic, and it's much easier to differentiate between the different instruments. 

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 08:10:30 AM »

the difference in sound quality is very obvious.  One sounds very flat and quiet, the other is a lot louder and more dynamic, and it's much easier to differentiate between the different instruments. 

sure, if i had both i'm sure i could tell the difference! I only have one and i want the best one, but how do i know which one i already have?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »

The first Miami mix was done by Izzy and someone else (probably at Criteria Studios in Miami where it was recorded) and sucked big time. The remix was done by JT Longoria and mastered by Gary Long both at Nomad Recording in Dallas. They also did the mix/mastering of the Like A Dog album and now they also did the Fire album. So it will sound good and there won't be a bad mix.

Btw, the first Miami mix ain't available anymore on iTunes. With the first Miami mix something went wrong cause apart from the bad mix itself it wasn't mastered either. And when JT was doing the remix as far as he knew it was the first mix and when he heard the Miami songs were out he thought it got leaked. Grin So we don't know what happened there exactly but something went wrong somewhere, Izzy realized it and corrected it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »

I bought both versions of Miami.

As far as I can tell, the first edition has gray cover art with no mention of Izzy or the album's title on it.

The second remastered one is blue and says
Izzy Stradlin
Miami

Also, on the first edition, track #1 is called Tj and on the remastered one it's called Tijuana.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 09:16:24 AM »

I bought both versions of Miami as well. I was hesitant to buy the 2nd one after already having bought the first, but what a difference. As for fire, if any of the songs sound like some of Izzy's other acoustic stuff like Got Some News, Gotta Say, Coke'n, River, Bleedin, it's gonna be fucking amazing. I can't wait to get this.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »

Izzy rarely disappoints...

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 10:21:12 PM »

I bought both versions of Miami.

As far as I can tell, the first edition has gray cover art with no mention of Izzy or the album's title on it.

The second remastered one is blue and says
Izzy Stradlin
Miami

Also, on the first edition, track #1 is called Tj and on the remastered one it's called Tijuana.

/jarmo

Thanks for the details, got to get the second version.

when you buy a record off of itunes it allowes you to download it several times. Couldn't they have just replaced the stuff and asked people to download it again with the new mastering?

I don't mind buying this album again, but i'm sure some do and i'm sure Izzy would want everybody to have the final product and not some half assed product.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 03:13:43 AM »

I bought both versions of Miami as well. I was hesitant to buy the 2nd one after already having bought the first, but what a difference. As for fire, if any of the songs sound like some of Izzy's other acoustic stuff like Got Some News, Gotta Say, Coke'n, River, Bleedin, it's gonna be fucking amazing. I can't wait to get this.

sorry to stay a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if that 2nd version of Miami is available on iTunes outside the US?

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 03:29:36 AM »

sorry to stay a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if that 2nd version of Miami is available on iTunes outside the US?

remco

it defenetly is.

Like Jarmo said, look for the blue coverart with "Izzy Stradlin Miami" writing on it. The old version only has a grey coverart pic without any writing!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
nyd
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

fire is available to buy on iTunes now  peace

1. I Dont Mind
2. Infrastruk
3. Listen
4. Airbus
5. Fire
6. Seems to Me
7. Long Night
8. Box
9. Milo
10. Harp Song
don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 05:10:03 PM »

fire is available to buy on iTunes now  peace

1. I Dont Mind
2. Infrastruk
3. Listen
4. Airbus
5. Fire
6. Seems to Me
7. Long Night
8. Box
9. Milo
10. Harp Song

doesn't appear to be on the UK itunes yet.  Still looking forward to parting with my money for it, though. 

nyd
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »

Im in the UK and I got it  Smiley See below (courtesy of "Brownstone" at www.beenafix.com )

Search "stradlin" then....

don_vercetti
VIP

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 06:43:42 PM »

Thanks man, got it now.  Lovely to hear new Izzy's voice again, on yet MORE new material.  Am listening through.

KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 09:28:11 PM »

Thanks for the heads up just got it.  Really am enjoying this i would have to say track #4 and #5 are my favorites at the moment.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »

Lookin' forward to it!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2007, 01:43:02 PM »

Man the album sounds awesome!! Seems To Me is already a classic for me, great dreamy vocals Cool

I'm thinking 'Infrastruk' is about the Minneapolis bridge collapsing and 'Fire' is about the big Greek forrest fires, both evens happened in August when the album was recorded.

makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 03:53:50 PM »

BOX is great (reminds little bit too much of Sweet home Alabama,thou)  rofl

Everytime i listen to these Izzy-albums i get the feeling that he could do much better...

It?s bit of a shame, he was always my fav GNR-member (and will always be)

I like them all, old and new (well, maybe not Matt that much), but Izzy is/was always the coolest mofo of them all.

He just needs someone to add some spice to his writing and someone to write better lyrics IMO.

But Izzy is Izzy...he does things his way and that?s why i gotta love him  rofl  rofl peace
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »

I gotta get this album, sounds so good..

And for those who don't know, this Kaltia-guy is the one who co-wrote RNDTH back in the old days.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2007, 04:15:37 PM »

So I'm not the only one thinking that.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 04:59:57 PM »

/jarmo

Sorry, but gotta ask about your name...finnish roots?!?!?!?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »

/jarmo

Very. I was born there.

hihi

/jarmo

makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »

/jarmo

Very. I was born there.

hihi

/jarmo

Cool  beer

OK, back to the topic  smoking
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2007, 09:10:48 PM »

I love Harp Song.  It is unlike most of his other instrumental songs...this one "feels" like it needs words to it. 

Overall a nice, laid back vibe of an album.

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 01:36:42 AM »

the album does have nice laid back vibe. You just want to sit by a fire open a bottle of wine and relax to it.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
hellfirecan
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 07:47:23 AM »

the album does have nice laid back vibe. You just want to sit by a fire open a bottle of wine and relax to it.

I was thinking beer...but to each their own

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »

Just bought it off iTunes...........great album.  Like everyone else said.....really laid back with a nice vibe to it.  Kudos Izzy.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2007, 05:10:12 AM »

just bought both the remastered Miami & Fire... And it confirms what we all knew for a long time: Izzy's one hell of a genius musician!

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2007, 05:31:57 AM »

just bought both the remastered Miami & Fire... And it confirms what we all knew for a long time: Izzy's one hell of a genius musician!

remco

Word!

Who needs Chinese Democracy these days now that all this great music is available!?!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »

This fuckin blows. Itunes keeps telling me I can't get it cause I don't have itunes plus. I tried to dl itunes plus and it says I don't have the proper windows program for it.  I got Miami and Like a dog from itunes with no problem. All his other stuff I just bought the cds for.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »

I gotta be honest...I was a little worried when I saw the words "acoustic album."  I'm a plugged in kind of guy, ya know?  And I don't have a lot of acoustic material, from any artist.  Usually it's too soft, but from the first track off of "Fire" I can tell that they aren't treating those acoustic guitars too tenderly.  It's classic Izzy...just without electricity!

They're strummin' and slidin' hard, and this is by no means a "soft" album, just because it's acoustic.  No frills, bluesy rock n' roll.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 07:12:04 AM »

Is there any high quality artwork available?

Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: