Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 10:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  The bike
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The bike  (Read 11189 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »

I think he meant the grass rather than the pavement.

She was being sarcastic.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 01:50:21 PM »

Bicycle bicycle bicycle I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike I want to ride my bicycle
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »

^ Ditto.

The good thing is that are bikes for free on internet and you don't have to use this kids one anymore if you don't like it. Smiley

Gve up!

Jarmo aint gonna get you backstage passes
LOL. Now I get why you were bitching about that Baz thread... You just can't understand that if someone agrees with other people it doesn't necessarily means it's ass-kissing.

I have a board myself and I know how it's a pain in the ass to have people telling me how I should change everything instead of them just leave to another place that fits better.

So, there's other places. Why do you treat yourself to post here if you don't like it? Seriously, why?

Or maybe you should just try this:

ok
I can't believe you showed everyone my lil Bike I hate you all now.? Just leave me alone..? ?alone with my lil bike.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 09:39:52 AM »

Isn't that 'lil bike a bit too risque for a 3-yr old?   nervous

hihi
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

She was being sarcastic.

I see.

Embarrassed

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2007, 09:43:16 AM »

^ Ditto.

The good thing is that are bikes for free on internet and you don't have to use this kids one anymore if you don't like it. Smiley

Gve up!

LOL. Now I get why you were bitching about that Baz thread... You just can't understand that if someone agrees with other people it doesn't necessarily means it's ass-kissing.

I have a board myself and I know how it's a pain in the ass to have people telling me how I should change everything instead of them just leave to another place that fits better.

So, there's other places. Why do you treat yourself to post here if you don't like it? Seriously, why?

i still post here because, believe it or not, i do like it here. I Just think its very sad how the board has completely changed over the last 2 years.

there was a time (pun intended) when topics/ people could be mentioned in the main section without fear of being removed/ opinions bashed.

MY OPINION, is that the boards policies and view points have changed decidedly since the owner of this board has been in direct contact with the band/ friends of the band. It is my beleif that the owner of this board is in a "catch 22", he believes that by carrying and supporting the opinions/ policies of the band  that he will be "rewarded", and to this end, he has been rewarded (back stage access etc.).

if he allows other opinions/conversations to occur that may annoy members of the band, he immediately pulls them, or hides them away in a dark corner of the website for fear of losing his "privelidges".

I can completly understand his predicament, he has been given access to his favourite band and its a dream come true. Its just sad that freedom of speach has been sacraficed as a consequence of that.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »

What you think I believe and what I actually believe are two completely different things.

The only reason things have changed here a bit are because things have changed regarding GN'R.

Funny you mention two years.

Do you remember 2005? There were no shows for us to attend.

GN'R wasn't exactly in the media.

Axl wasn't singing on three songs on his friend's album.

Etc etc etc.

Things have changed, no shit. But there's a pretty logical explanation.

I've explained it.

It's not 2005 anymore. No need to be the same bitter whiny person you were back then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »

did the bike have training wheels?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »

^ Ditto.

Gve up!

i still post here because, believe it or not, i do like it here. I Just think its very sad how the board has completely changed over the last 2 years.

there was a time (pun intended) when topics/ people could be mentioned in the main section without fear of being removed/ opinions bashed.

MY OPINION, is that the boards policies and view points have changed decidedly since the owner of this board has been in direct contact with the band/ friends of the band. It is my beleif that the owner of this board is in a "catch 22", he believes that by carrying and supporting the opinions/ policies of the band  that he will be "rewarded", and to this end, he has been rewarded (back stage access etc.).

if he allows other opinions/conversations to occur that may annoy members of the band, he immediately pulls them, or hides them away in a dark corner of the website for fear of losing his "privelidges".

I can completly understand his predicament, he has been given access to his favourite band and its a dream come true. Its just sad that freedom of speach has been sacraficed as a consequence of that.

what I never get is that some people always like the past than the present. Old music was better, the old scene was better, the old board was better, the old band was better.....for you everything was better in the past? If so, what will become of you in the future? Or, have you ever been happy with the present? Do you enjoy anything new?

Maybe when you say anything nice you don' mean it but just lay on the butter expecting something in return. but don't expect voodoo to be on a same level with you.

voodoo doesn't post what he doesn't think right.

He's been a big supporter of GNR for long. He is one of the few posters along with 33 norway, nytunz etc who were everly positive when I first came here a few years ago and haven't changed. 
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »

She was being sarcastic.

I see.
My bad.

Johnny Carson used to say that if you had to explain the joke then it's not funny.? Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 12:36:11 AM »

I'm afraid you may have to explain who Carson was to about 80% of your crowd here.....ironic as that is.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 02:36:59 AM »

She was being sarcastic.

I see.
My bad.

Johnny Carson used to say that if you had to explain the joke then it's not funny.  Undecided

That may be true when your audience is a bunch of dim wits.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 03:05:13 AM »

That may be true when your audience is a bunch of dim wits.

CARNAC: Y-o-u-a-r-e-o-b-t-u-s-e.

SLCPUNK (Playing the role of Ed): Y-o-u-a-r-e-o-b-t-u-s-e?

CARNAC (reading): How do you spell "You are obtuse?"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »

I thought blowupypurvideo was playeying the innocent just to point out the humour in gypsys joke to the people who weren't noticing. Tongue
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »

My bad.

Johnny Carson used to say that if you had to explain the joke then it's not funny.? Undecided

Technically, it was my joke to begin with...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »

I thought blowupypurvideo was playeying the innocent just to point out the humour in gypsys joke to the people who weren't noticing. Tongue

Often times things such as implied innocence or sarcasm are easily lost in text. Lets just wrap it up and give props to the dirt already, he's the real hero here.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

I wasn't sure so I just decided to go down the innocent route.

Oh well, let's just 'give props to the dirt' then. Him and his bike.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »

No they're gonna fall down!   hihi

Needless to say I initially thought the dirt was innocent.  hihi
when things are easily lost in text, smilies come in handy.

Bicycle bicycle bicycle I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike I want to ride my bicycle

And you want to ride it where you like? BTW I still don't know what this bike stands for. Embarrassed
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »

when things are easily lost in text, smilies come in handy.

I prefer to leave the smilies on the sidelines, ambiguity is so much more fun. (Unless you know me by now, then you know me  Grin.)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

ambiguity is so much more fun.

I don't think I really get your ambiguous sentence in brackets but it's so true.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: