Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy starts ... never?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy starts ... never?  (Read 13090 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »

During the whole 'The new band isn't Guns N' Roses' debate which arises pretty much everywhere, people always state this:
"My ticket stub says 'Guns N' Roses', so that's what they are".

Nope
What people would state was that
The band calls itself guns n roses right along so that what they are.  who are you to claim otherwise.
And the band called their tour Guns N Roses world tour 2007 so..

I personally don't care what it was billed as but that's the fact.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 08:08:33 PM »

During the whole 'The new band isn't Guns N' Roses' debate which arises pretty much everywhere, people always state this:
Well my ticket stubs also say 'Chinese Democracy World Tour'. So that's what I'm taking it as.
I could care less if it was the bands decision, or the promotors, but that's what the tour was billed as.
And also, for such a notoriously picky band I can't believe they would have let the promotor use the name if they didn't want it.

And sometimes tickets say Guns & Roses, Guns N Roses, Guns 'N Roses, Guns And Roses..... You get the picture....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 08:49:55 PM »

Well my ticket stubs also say 'Chinese Democracy World Tour'. So that's what I'm taking it as.
I could care less if it was the bands decision, or the promotors, but that's what the tour was billed as.
And also, for such a notoriously picky band I can't believe they would have let the promotor use the name if they didn't want it.

exactly true. i mean, no one but us internet nerds know what "Chinese Democracy" is. the promoters have no idea. they wouldnt call a tour "chinese democracy" out of thin air....they get it from the band....and gnr have tight and total control over how it presents itself to the public. they have been that way since the beginning....they do everything and i mean everything their own way.....its pretty simple....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »

And sometimes tickets say Guns & Roses, Guns N Roses, Guns 'N Roses, Guns And Roses..... You get the picture....

/jarmo
actually, no i dont get the picture. thing is, on all of my stubs its says "guns n' roses" i have never seen it spelled those ways, but it doesnt matter. let say it has been spelled those ways...ok, but it does say guns n roses or some form on the ticket, it is on the ticket, ..its spelled out...we know what it means, who they are....the stubs say "chinese democracy world tour " on them....we know what that means....there is no variation of spelling...bottom line: its on the ticket, we know what it means....are you saying it was a mispelling , a mistake, a typo that "chinese democracy world tour " was printed on the tickets??
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:51:35 PM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »

/jarmo
actually, no i dont get the picure. thing is, on all of my stubs its says "guns n' roses" i have never seen it spelled those ways, but it doesnt matter. let say it has been spelled those ways...ok, but it does say guns n roses or some form on the ticket, it is on the ticket, ..its spelled out...we know what it means, who they are....the stubs say "chinese democracy world tour " on them....we know what that means....there is no variation of spelling...bottom line: its on the ticket, we know what it means....are you saying it was a mispelling , a mistake, a typo that "chinese democracy world tour " was printed on the tickets??

who care if it was their by mistake or on purpose . Is it really that big of a fucking deal?

I know I didn't go to any of the shows cause I thought an album was coming out . I went to see the best rock band on the planet live and that is what I got.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 09:08:31 PM »

/jarmo
actually, no i dont get the picure. thing is, on all of my stubs its says "guns n' roses" i have never seen it spelled those ways, but it doesnt matter. let say it has been spelled those ways...ok, but it does say guns n roses or some form on the ticket, it is on the ticket, ..its spelled out...we know what it means, who they are....the stubs say "chinese democracy world tour " on them....we know what that means....there is no variation of spelling...bottom line: its on the ticket, we know what it means....are you saying it was a mispelling , a mistake, a typo that "chinese democracy world tour " was printed on the tickets??

who care if it was their by mistake or on purpose . Is it really that big of a fucking deal?

I know I didn't go to any of the shows cause I thought an album was coming out . I went to see the best rock band on the planet live and that is what I got.

i couldnt care either. i agree with everything you said. this thread got a bit off track.....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »

actually, no i dont get the picure. thing is, on all of my stubs its says "guns n' roses" i have never seen it spelled those ways, but it doesnt matter. let say it has been spelled those ways...ok, but it does say guns n roses or some form on the ticket, it is on the ticket, ..its spelled out...we know what it means, who they are....

I haven't been to as many shows as you, but not all my tickets say Guns N' Roses.

For example, all my US tickets say Guns N Roses...

The first GN'R show I ever attended  had tickets that said Guns 'N' Roses.

Just saying, tickets aren't always 100% correct.  hihi

Not that it matters, just pointing out that I wouldn't have even brought it up if I didn't know it for a fact that sometimes the ticket companies get the artists' names wrong.

are you saying it was a mispelling , a mistake, a typo that "chinese democracy world tour " was printed on the tickets??

No, I'm saying what I've been saying all along and some of you refuse to listen to.

Just because the Australian promoter called it that and they put it on the tickets, doesn't mean it came from the band. So yeah, I guess somebody made a mistake.

You just wanna keep going about this for some reason....

So obviously you do care about something. I don't know if you just wanna show everybody how I'm wrong. Maybe it's an ego thing.

If I was wrong and you proved it, I would say so. I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong.

The problem is people like you arguing with me when I know I'm not wrong.

All I care about is people knowing the truth and that is, the band didn't name the 2007 tour that way.

Nothing else matters.

If you wanna keep arguing and giving all the people who use all these bullshit lies against the band more material, go ahead.

Nice way of supporting the band you love.  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:45:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »

actually, no i dont get the picure. thing is, on all of my stubs its says "guns n' roses" i have never seen it spelled those ways, but it doesnt matter. let say it has been spelled those ways...ok, but it does say guns n roses or some form on the ticket, it is on the ticket, ..its spelled out...we know what it means, who they are....

I haven't been to as many shows as you, but not all my tickets say Guns N' Roses.

For example, all my US tickets say Guns N Roses...

The first GN'R show I ever attended? had tickets that said Guns 'N' Roses.

Just saying, tickets aren't always 100% correct.? hihi

Not that it matters, just pointing out that I wouldn't have even brought it up if I didn't know it for a fact that sometimes the ticket companies get the artists' names wrong.

are you saying it was a mispelling , a mistake, a typo that "chinese democracy world tour " was printed on the tickets??

No, I'm saying what I've been saying all along and some of you refuse to listen to.

Just because the Australian promoter called it that and they put it on the tickets, doesn't mean it came from the band. So yeah, I guess somebody made a mistake.

You just wanna keep going about this for some reason....

So obviously you do care about something. I don't know if you just wanna show everybody how I'm wrong. Maybe it's an ego thing.

If I was wrong and you proved it, I would say so. I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong.

The problem is people like you arguing with me when I know I'm not wrong.

All I care about is people knowing the truth and that is, the band didn't name the 2007 tour that way.

Nothing else matters.

If you wanna keep arguing and giving all the people who use all these bullshit lies against the band more material, go ahead.

Nice way of supporting the band you love.? ok

/jarmo

dude, it has NOTHING to do with my admiration for the band. this thread has NOTHING to do about my passion for the band and its music, so don't go on characterizing it as though it is..this thread was about a discussion between fans of the band and has NOTHING to do with my loyality and love for the band....we disagree about the name of a tour, that's IT!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »

Yes, we disagree of the name of the 2007 tour. Simply because you think I'm making this up and/or you believe the promoter instead of going on by what the band says.

Why?

If that was the name of the tour, why isn't it printed on the t-shirts sold at the 2007 shows, mentioned on gunsnroses.com when they announced the 2007 shows or used in Mexico and Japan?

/jarmo

highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »

Yes, we disagree of the name of the 2007 tour. Simply because you think I'm making this up and/or you believe the promoter instead of going on by what the band says.

Why?

If that was the name of the tour, why isn't it printed on the t-shirts sold at the 2007 shows, mentioned on gunsnroses.com when they announced the 2007 shows or used in Mexico and Japan?

/jarmo
It was mentioned on gunsnroses.com - right up until it was edited.

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
waxlrick
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 04:35:02 AM »

Why?

/jarmo
It was mentioned on gunsnroses.com - right up until it was edited.

You're dead right it was!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: