Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 230307 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #1360 on: November 22, 2007, 05:00:55 AM »

I went to Sanity today, they didnt have the album so i asked them if they can look up when its coming out and she said they have nothin coming up from Sebastian Bach!!! i was pissed off and confussed, what the hell is going on!!

Anyone know when this bitch is hitting australian shelves?

It's out in Australia this Saturday 24th. I have one set aside for me when it comes in at my local music store.

I just went to a JB HI-FI and the Promo poster for Angel Down reads out Nov 17. I ordered mine ages ago and asked them why I dont have it and they said its been held up in customs but should be in by friday

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1361 on: November 22, 2007, 05:03:01 AM »

Listened the album...weak crap (just what i was expecting from Bach).
Anyone still thinks he is talented?!?!?
"Negative Light" was so awful that it made me laugh.
And "Our love is a lie" is "Bitchslap" w/ different lyrics,hehehe....oh man....
Even Axl can?t help this album, but as he is Seb?s friend, i?m glad he tried.
So 1 star out of 5 and that just because of Axl?s effort.
And once again...Axl, don?t get Seb to ruin any of GN`R-records...PLEASE!!!!!!

agreed... glad i d/l for free, rather than paying for it its garbage. Only the 3 tracks with Axl are staying in my iTunes... the rest... well they're goin' where they belong... trash bin. Axl sounds damn good!!!! He sounds like he did on UYI. Dammit, put out the album.? crying

Interesting to hear bad reviews of the album. Were you guys ever into Skid Row at all?
Just curious as to what you were expecting. This isn't a GN'R album, that's for sure.

I've only heard snippets if the cd and it at least sounds like it's on par with some of the best stuff from Skid Row.
So I think I'm gonna really dig it.

Well...Skid Row was bunch of poseurs with minimal talent, never liked them, never will. With or without Bach. Bach is stupid tool (IMO) and his music sucks ass big time. To me people who dig Skid Row are the same people who never understood what Guns N`Roses was originally all about. I really can?t understand digging that weak shit. At all. Same goes with M?tley Crue and other glamfaggots. 70?s Aerosmith & Alice Cooper are ok in my book,btw.
But that is just my opinion, no need to argue about it. You can enjoy your Sebastian Bach-records as much as you want.
I?m much more punk-oriented person myself, so Seb is not my piece of cake anyway.
GN`R and Hanoi Rocks are pretty much the only 2 bands of 80?s hardrock-genre (or whatever) that i ever liked.
Both had some punk roots and even some originality compared to Skid Row and other morons.
Did that satisfy your question?
Peace, brothers and sisters? beer

I wasn't arguing anything dude, but I guess that just shows how negative your views are.
I was just curious about your bad review when most people on here really dig the album.

I could care less about your views on Skid Row too, but it was pretty obvious that this album wasn't gonna be your cup of tea regardless of Axl being there or not. And it certainly won't stop me from enjoying it.

Peace peace

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1362 on: November 22, 2007, 05:33:40 AM »

Listened the album...weak crap (just what i was expecting from Bach).
Anyone still thinks he is talented?!?!?
"Negative Light" was so awful that it made me laugh.
And "Our love is a lie" is "Bitchslap" w/ different lyrics,hehehe....oh man....
Even Axl can?t help this album, but as he is Seb?s friend, i?m glad he tried.
So 1 star out of 5 and that just because of Axl?s effort.
And once again...Axl, don?t get Seb to ruin any of GN`R-records...PLEASE!!!!!!

agreed... glad i d/l for free, rather than paying for it its garbage. Only the 3 tracks with Axl are staying in my iTunes... the rest... well they're goin' where they belong... trash bin. Axl sounds damn good!!!! He sounds like he did on UYI. Dammit, put out the album.  crying

Interesting to hear bad reviews of the album. Were you guys ever into Skid Row at all?
Just curious as to what you were expecting. This isn't a GN'R album, that's for sure.

I've only heard snippets if the cd and it at least sounds like it's on par with some of the best stuff from Skid Row.
So I think I'm gonna really dig it.

Well...Skid Row was bunch of poseurs with minimal talent, never liked them, never will. With or without Bach. Bach is stupid tool (IMO) and his music sucks ass big time. To me people who dig Skid Row are the same people who never understood what Guns N`Roses was originally all about. I really can?t understand digging that weak shit. At all. Same goes with M?tley Crue and other glamfaggots. 70?s Aerosmith & Alice Cooper are ok in my book,btw.
But that is just my opinion, no need to argue about it. You can enjoy your Sebastian Bach-records as much as you want.
I?m much more punk-oriented person myself, so Seb is not my piece of cake anyway.
GN`R and Hanoi Rocks are pretty much the only 2 bands of 80?s hardrock-genre (or whatever) that i ever liked.
Both had some punk roots and even some originality compared to Skid Row and other morons.
Did that satisfy your question?
Peace, brothers and sisters  beer

I wasn't arguing anything dude, but I guess that just shows how negative your views are.
I was just curious about your bad review when most people on here really dig the album.

I could care less about your views on Skid Row too, but it was pretty obvious that this album wasn't gonna be your cup of tea regardless of Axl being there or not. And it certainly won't stop me from enjoying it.

Peace peace

Yep, that was my point...we don?t have to share a common view of Seb or Skid Row.
But i think i can write my point of view of the album and it can be negative, too.
Not trying to spoil anything from those who like Seb. It is just my opinion, nothing more or less.
This is GN`R forum after all, so why on earth i should like Skid Row?!?!?
Just because Axl+Seb are friends??
I like Axl and former+new members...that?s pretty much the only thing why i bothered to listen Bach?s album.
I will continue to listen those 3 songs, but as whole album...hmmm,well...don?t think so.
There are atleast 10.000 better albums to listen to...so why bother??
Only have one life to spend.
But don?t take this personally, i have nothing against Skid Row fans...enjoy your stuff. I`ll enjoy my stuff  beer

jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1363 on: November 22, 2007, 09:53:48 AM »

i agree completely..skid row is more like theatre of pain era motley crue or even worse Poison/Warrant.....complete OPPOSITE of what GNR was about during the Appetite era...skid row was doing their thing at a time when Nirvana was releasing 'bleach' and 'nevermind'--the chili peppers were releasing 'mothers milk' and 'blood sugar sex magic'--and faith no more were releasing 'the real thing' and 'angel dust'......those are original genre defining albums...as compared to a bunch of power ballads and wannabe rock n roll....bach and skid row was more like rock music for teenage girls who thought Baz was so cute....my girlfriends older bro went to a skid row concert around 1990, he said itwas 70 percent girls there screaming for Baz to take his shirt off......

Now Baz got Axl out and about so he gets props for that and was pretty funny in a movie he did with richard grieco and dice clay called point doom....but musically, not my thing..but if you dig Baz then more power to ya..i will stick to my mr bungle and beastie boys records
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1364 on: November 22, 2007, 10:15:30 AM »

your serious?Huh have you even heard skid row? Huh? I dont think ive ever heard a warrant/poison song that sounded like "slave to the grind" or "monkey business"

also, I dont think poison/warrant took out pantera and soundgarden on tours with them....

I Love people who base their opinions on bands based off of what they hear other people say....instead of actually listening to the band and basing an opinion...because it just makes me laugh when people compare a band like Poison to bands like skid row/motley crue etc.....they are in 2 whole different leauges!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1365 on: November 22, 2007, 10:25:28 AM »

i agree completely..skid row is more like theatre of pain era motley crue or even worse Poison/Warrant.....complete OPPOSITE of what GNR was about during the Appetite era...skid row was doing their thing at a time when Nirvana was releasing 'bleach' and 'nevermind'--the chili peppers were releasing 'mothers milk' and 'blood sugar sex magic'--and faith no more were releasing 'the real thing' and 'angel dust'......those are original genre defining albums...as compared to a bunch of power ballads and wannabe rock n roll....bach and skid row was more like rock music for teenage girls who thought Baz was so cute....my girlfriends older bro went to a skid row concert around 1990, he said itwas 70 percent girls there screaming for Baz to take his shirt off......

Now Baz got Axl out and about so he gets props for that and was pretty funny in a movie he did with richard grieco and dice clay called point doom....but musically, not my thing..but if you dig Baz then more power to ya..i will stick to my mr bungle and beastie boys records

have you ever listened to Skid Row?   I don't think so..  its NOTIHNG like theatre of pain MC, Poison, Warrant.   Their first album had a little bit of that hair metal feel, but nothing like Poison. 
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1366 on: November 22, 2007, 10:36:39 AM »

I don't agree with the Skid Row/Poison comparison either.? I lived through this era and Baz was never running around in pink lipstick and pink spandex for crissakes.? He is also a really talented singer, I always thought he was underrated in that respect.? I am glad to hear he hasn't lost it at all on this new CD!

I guess for some who weren't actually there at the time it's easy to lump bands together but trust me they were NOTHING alike.

I went to a Skid Row show in NY in 1990 and it was a 50/50 split.? Not a bunch of screaming girls.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1367 on: November 22, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »

I was never a huge Skid Row fan.  I liked the songs played on the radio, but I probably only heard about 6 of their songs or so.  But this new album, at least to me, is A LOT heavier than I expected.  I mean it's got the token 2 ballads which I like, but aside from that it straight up rocks.  I guess that was to be expected with a guitarist named "Metal" Mike.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1368 on: November 22, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »

If it wasn't for Axl I would have never bought this album "Angel Down".  I like two songs that Axl sings on and No 9 which is Bach's acoustic song that sounds a bit familiar but just can't pin it yet. Maybe the rest of the songs might have to grow on me. help!   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1369 on: November 22, 2007, 10:50:15 AM »

If it wasn't for Axl I would have never bought this album "Angel Down".? I like two songs that Axl sings on and No 9 which is Bach's acoustic song that sounds a bit familiar but just can't pin it yet. Maybe the rest of the songs might have to grow on me. help!? ?
Give it time.  I really like the first 2 songs, then the 3 Axl's on, and the 2 ballads.  But I've gotta say I've played the CD pretty much nonstop in my car (unless GNR comes on my Sirius) since I bought it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1370 on: November 22, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »

Nice  ok  I can do tht while I wait...

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1371 on: November 22, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »

If it wasn't for Axl I would have never bought this album "Angel Down".  I like two songs that Axl sings on and No 9 which is Bach's acoustic song that sounds a bit familiar but just can't pin it yet. Maybe the rest of the songs might have to grow on me. help!   

It's funny you mention that, about the familiarity of track 9.  My wife (who's not a big music fan at all) thought it sounded a little like Chicago's Look Away.  All I know is that I like it! 

Also, hahaha, somebody was comparing Skid Row to Poison and Warrant???...umm...no. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #1372 on: November 22, 2007, 03:14:52 PM »

I listen to Skid Row, I don't even like many of their songs but I really, really like Baz's voice.  Smiley
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1373 on: November 22, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »

When Slave to the grind came out it pretty much separated them from the hair metal pack. It was much heavier and had more substance than crap like Poision and Winger.

Warrant was actually talented, but Cherry Pie pretty much killed their career as a band to be taken seriously. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1374 on: November 22, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »

When Slave to the grind came out it pretty much separated them from the hair metal pack. It was much heavier and had more substance than crap like Poision and Winger.

Warrant was actually talented, but Cherry Pie pretty much killed their career as a band to be taken seriously. 

Yea Skid Row is more simliar to GnR than bands like Poison.   Skid Row is heavier than GnR but a lot of the songs are not all that different.
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #1375 on: November 22, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »

I really like this CD. Nothing special, and only a few songs from this CD will be in my mind a year from now. But it's great listen, and most the songs flow really good. Just a good Rock CD. I think Axl and Bach do a great job of feeding off each other, Axl isn't too overpowering either.  ok

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #1376 on: November 22, 2007, 05:14:57 PM »

I really agree. I'm only 20, but from everything else I've heard (Motley Crue, Warrant, Poison, etc), Skid Row has just a little different feel to them. Certainly more legitimized, and more Metal.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1377 on: November 22, 2007, 05:51:57 PM »

have you ever listened to Skid Row?   I don't think so..  its NOTIHNG like theatre of pain MC, Poison, Warrant.   Their first album had a little bit of that hair metal feel, but nothing like Poison. 

And that's why I think the first Skid Row album sucks. I love Skid Row, I love Sebastian Bach, but man...that first record is the worst! I mean..."Shake shake, shake like a rattlesnake!"? nervous no
But Slave to the Grind and (specially) SubHuman Race...man, great albuns!!! drool drool

I respect people who don't like Skid Row/Bach, just because nobody is perfect!( rofl)
Na, I'm kidding...there's people who don't like Skid Row, people who don't like GNR, people who don't like The Beatles...and that's the way it is, I respect that. But there's a lot of people(I'm not saying it's the case of those who posted here that Skid Row sounds like poison) that say these stuffs based only on the first record's material, because that album really sounds like Poison and shits like that, and those songs SUCKS!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1378 on: November 22, 2007, 06:46:25 PM »

Each to their own but let's leave the skid row arguments to the bad obsession section...

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #1379 on: November 22, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »

what a damn fuckin good album, it's nice to see Di Giorgio kicking asses again (also for Metal Mike)
for me the best song in the album is Stabbin' Daggers, goddamn it that masterpiece is pure metal!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: