Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:52:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 230342 times)
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1420 on: November 27, 2007, 10:18:47 AM »

The thing that is weird to me is, where is the official single? For 2 months before it was released, all we kept hearing was how great is was, radio stations playing the demo, back in saddle, with axl. Now that it is out, where is it? I have yet to turn on the radio and hear the dj say "here is the 1st single". You would think by now a song would be on the radio?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1421 on: November 27, 2007, 11:47:53 AM »

I thought that bitchslap sans axl was the first official one?

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1422 on: November 27, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »

I loved the A-smith cover, the other two Axl songs, and the rest of the album, I thought were kind of generic and bland. It's always a little bit fo a rush to hear anything new or maybe something you've never heard before, with Axl on it. That only does so much for me tho. Really was unimpressed by the album as a whole, but to be fair I have never been a great fan of Baz outside of Slave to the Grind.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1423 on: November 27, 2007, 02:16:33 PM »

I'll give this album, a big fat "C".

A little disappointing, especially after the write-ups.
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1424 on: November 27, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »

you can tell that theres not much of a "band feel" to it. it sounds like songs written by some studio guys and recorded for Baz to do whatever with. although, i know that Baz usually is really close with his band members, it just dosnt sound that way. it sonds very cliche, but Baz does deliver some great vocals and a few good lyrics here and there. Axl's parts are ofcourse the highlights. i really like "angel down". ive heard worse covers but "back in the saddle" isnt the greatest. the guys sing it well, but again the music is very bland and not very interesting

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1425 on: November 27, 2007, 06:16:27 PM »

So does anyone know where the album might debut on the billboard chart tommorrow?
I don't expect it to do too well, since it seems like there has been limited availibility in many stores.

Does anyone know where I can actually buy the disc? I've tried a few stores - general chains - and cannot find it.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1426 on: November 27, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »

So does anyone know where the album might debut on the billboard chart tommorrow?
I don't expect it to do too well, since it seems like there has been limited availibility in many stores.

Does anyone know where I can actually buy the disc? I've tried a few stores - general chains - and cannot find it.

I got my copy at a Borders and had to really look to find it since it was just mixed on the rack, not even with the new releases.  Not sure where you live-have you tried Target, I heard they carry it even though mine in NY didn't have it and I had to drive into NJ.  Otherwise just order a copy from Amazon-

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Down-Sebastian-Bach/dp/B000WM72KM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196206431&sr=8-1
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1427 on: November 27, 2007, 07:30:54 PM »

Here in New Jersey I live right by a really kick ass record store called vintage vinyl that always has everything you want and if it's an import they don't have on the shelf they'll order it for you. It's the only successful independant music store left anywhere near me tho. You need to find a place like that.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1428 on: November 27, 2007, 08:09:28 PM »

I'd suggest just calling around.  Target worked for me.  Good luck. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1429 on: November 27, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

From UWeekly.com

?Angel Down? contains all new material, save one song. Bach and Rose duet on a blistering cover of Aerosmith?s gritty ?Back in the Saddle? from 1976?s ?Rocks? album. The only person who could possibly up the sleaze factor from Steven Tyler?s original vocals is Axl Rose, and he does this masterfully. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1430 on: November 28, 2007, 11:35:45 AM »

This is some bad news from Blabbermouth:

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Angel Down' First-Week Sales Revealed - Nov. 28, 2007

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.[/i]

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1431 on: November 28, 2007, 11:50:29 AM »

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.[/i]

I don't see that as bad news really considering there was so few copies of the record in the stores and quite a few stores didn't even have it at all!
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1432 on: November 28, 2007, 12:03:09 PM »

I don't see that as bad news really considering there was so few copies of the record in the stores and quite a few stores didn't even have it at all!

It's because most stores wouldn't touch it because of the fact that Bach is not a sellable name ... He's talented, and I'm sure this record rocks ... but where does he stand against GnR, VR, Britney, 50Cent etc ... I mean ... VR isn't even setting the world on fire sales wise (shame), and they're WAAAAY more well known than Bach.  The general public just doesn't care.

Shame for Bach.  As much as I think he is an ass kisser, he's a fucking talented guy and he deserves, after all the hard work, to be selling records and making a success out of it.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1433 on: November 28, 2007, 12:04:15 PM »

Bach to the future

Catriona Mathewson
November 28, 2007 11:00pm

SEBASTIAN Bach is pretty good-humoured about the fact that he spends most interviews talking about Axl Rose, rather than himself.

It's to be expected, really, given that the notoriously reclusive Guns N' Roses singer has broken a recording drought to sing guest vocals on Bach's new solo album Angel Down.

So Bach is ready ? tongue firmly in cheek ? for a barrage of questions about his new collaborator.

"It's a very amazing historic record," Bach says earnestly. "Everyone's been waiting for the return of one of the world's greatest rock singers ? and now I'm back . . . oh, and I also got Axl Rose too."

He then falls about laughing, clearly amused up by his own joke. That's the odd thing. Bach and Rose seem a strange match.

The former Skid Row frontman is a jovial party animal, who has happily starred in a string of reality TV shows from SuperGroup to Celebrity Rap Superstar, while Rose is famous for a) being reclusive and b) having a "feud" with just about every person he's ever met ? from Tommy Hilfiger to all the original members of Guns N' Roses.

But for some reason, the pair clicked when Rose texted Bach out of the blue in May last year, while both were in New York. The message read simply: "Hey Bas, it's Axl, are you still around New York City? Do you wanna hang out?"

Bach remembers: "I thought, 'Who's pretending to be Axl?' so I pressed 'call sender' and it was him. It was shocking."

Although Rose has said his text ended a 13-year silence, Bach denies there was a rift.

"There was no rift between me and him," he says. "There was a rift between Axl and the whole planet. He just went away for a long time."

At the time Rose had emerged from seclusion to tour with a re-formed Guns N' Roses (he was the only original member). Bach joined them on stage to sing My Michelle and ended up joining the world tour, playing in Australia earlier this year.

On the road, Rose agreed to record some tracks for Bach's solo album, hitting the studio in August to lay down vocals for lead single (Love is) a Bitchslap; Stuck Inside and the Aerosmith cover Back in the Saddle.

It was a case of returning a favour, Bach says, revealing he recorded backing vocals in January for a track called Sorry, slated to appear on Rose's Chinese Democracy album.

"And sorry, I don't know when it's coming out," he volunteers. (For those who don't know, Rose's Chinese Democracy album has acquired the mythical status of a unicorn in that it's often spoken off but has yet to be sighted. It is possibly one of the most anticipated rock albums in history as it's been 16 years since Rose recorded an album of new material).

Bach, on the other hand has rarely been out of the spotlight since bursting on the world stage in 1989, when his band Skid Row's debut album went five times platinum in the US.

Since then he's been unafraid to try his hand at virtually anything. He's taken the lead in four Broadway musicals, he's played an ageing rocker in teen-drama The Gilmore Girls and more recently Bach forged a career on reality TV.

"I made it as a rock star at 19 years old, so I don't really have anything to prove to anybody but myself," he says of his appearances on car-crash reality shows like MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstar (in which he was beaten earlier this month by Kevin Federline's ex, Shar Jackson, and Girls of the Playboy Mansion star Kendra Wilkinson).

Asked why he agreed to such appearances he says simply "cash". But his recent move to establish his own record label has prompted a new motto: "less TV more CDs".

Bach's new album was seven years in the making and has been earning some pretty glowing reviews, including a slightly premature one from music site undercover.com which declares Angel Down "the metal album of the year, if not the 21st century". As well as the collaborations with Rose, the album includes a co-write with hitmaker Desmond Child (Dude (Looks Like a Lady), Livin' on a Prayer; You Give Love a Bad Name).

There are plans to tour the album in Australia next year, although no dates have been nailed down.

Angel Down is out now through EMI. Listen at www.myspace.com/sebastianbach

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22837153-5003421,00.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1434 on: November 28, 2007, 02:26:03 PM »

the album came in at 190?Huh lets be honest but that is terrible news for Bach...he promoted the hell out of this record everywhere on TV and magazines and it still barely cracked the top 200???Even the return of Axl didnt generate any interest in this record which is troubling.....i guess this proves my rock is dead theory
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 02:27:46 PM by jaypayton » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1435 on: November 28, 2007, 02:28:47 PM »

Has anyone even heard any of the songs off the CD on the radio after he did all the interviews?  I know I haven't and that's a shame.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1436 on: November 28, 2007, 02:48:48 PM »

It was reviewed in today's paper and got 2/5. They especially mention the tracks with Axl as stand out tracks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #1437 on: November 28, 2007, 02:51:30 PM »

Has anyone even heard any of the songs off the CD on the radio after he did all the interviews?  I know I haven't and that's a shame.

I heard Stuck Inside last friday while being in a bar, I myself hardly listen to radio anymore.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1438 on: November 28, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »

It's because most stores wouldn't touch it because of the fact that Bach is not a sellable name ... He's talented, and I'm sure this record rocks ... but where does he stand against GnR, VR, Britney, 50Cent etc ... I mean ... VR isn't even setting the world on fire sales wise (shame), and they're WAAAAY more well known than Bach.  The general public just doesn't care.

Shame for Bach.  As much as I think he is an ass kisser, he's a fucking talented guy and he deserves, after all the hard work, to be selling records and making a success out of it.

It would have done a lot better if the distribution was better...
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1439 on: November 28, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »

Has anyone even heard any of the songs off the CD on the radio after he did all the interviews? I know I haven't and that's a shame.

I haven't and I think it is strange too. He did an interview on a local radio station so I figured they would be playing some songs but haven't heard one yet.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: