Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227809 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 230358 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1440 on: November 28, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »

So does anyone know where the album might debut on the billboard chart tommorrow?

i'll take a guess at 10k or so...

not a bad guess on my part. i just read it moved 6,400 units...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1441 on: November 28, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »

So does anyone know where the album might debut on the billboard chart tommorrow?
I don't expect it to do too well, since it seems like there has been limited availibility in many stores.

Does anyone know where I can actually buy the disc? I've tried a few stores - general chains - and cannot find it.

I got my copy at a Borders and had to really look to find it since it was just mixed on the rack, not even with the new releases. Not sure where you live-have you tried Target, I heard they carry it even though mine in NY didn't have it and I had to drive into NJ. Otherwise just order a copy from Amazon-

http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Down-Sebastian-Bach/dp/B000WM72KM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196206431&sr=8-1

Thanks Bandita. I tried two Targets and neither of them had the damn CD. Then I went to a Best Buy and they didn't have it either. I might as well buy on-line cause I don't think I'm going to find it anywhere. But, there was an article in the Business section of the paper this Sunday saying that Target, Best Buy and possibly Walmart (can't remember the third retailer) were downsizing their music sections because of poor sales and increasing the size of the movie sections. Which in my opinion sucks man! I know everyone is into downloading the stuff, but what happens if you loose it? I guess it isn't that much to download again but if you want to listen to a whole CD? I just feel better with a CD and I can copy tunes onto whatever format I'd like but I always have the CD. I know a lot of people download onto discs too but it's not the same without the artwork and insert - personally I like to read the inserts and check out the photos.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1442 on: November 28, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »

Has anyone even heard any of the songs off the CD on the radio after he did all the interviews? I know I haven't and that's a shame.

I haven't and I think it is strange too. He did an interview on a local radio station so I figured they would be playing some songs but haven't heard one yet.

I listen to the local rock stations here in NY during the week and in PA on the weekends and I haven't heard a thing since the Trunk interview. ?

He really needs to release a single and hope it gets some play. ?I wouldn't normally suggest a cover but I think "Back in the Saddle" could probably do fairly well. ?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1443 on: November 28, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »

From an interview with Sebastian in the DelcoTimes.com

On the cover of the AEROSMITH classic "Back in the Saddle", which features a guest appearance by Axl Rose:

"It was hard to mix that one because I laid down six tracks, and Axl laid down like, nine tracks, but then we had to put it together, and it was hard to pick who gets what line. I basically followed the lyrics, I mean, let's figure it out: 'I'm calling all the shots tonight/I'm like a loaded gun.' I'm like, 'That's Axl!' 'I'm loading up pistol?' That's Axl! Anything with guns; so we let the music decide who sings where."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1444 on: November 28, 2007, 03:38:15 PM »

This is some bad news from Blabbermouth:

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Angel Down' First-Week Sales Revealed - Nov. 28, 2007

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.[/i]

I don't see that as bad news really considering there was so few copies of the record in the stores and quite a few stores didn't even have it at all!

It's because most stores wouldn't touch it because of the fact that Bach is not a sellable name ... He's talented, and I'm sure this record rocks ... but where does he stand against GnR, VR, Britney, 50Cent etc ... I mean ... VR isn't even setting the world on fire sales wise (shame), and they're WAAAAY more well known than Bach.  The general public just doesn't care.

Shame for Bach.  As much as I think he is an ass kisser, he's a fucking talented guy and he deserves, after all the hard work, to be selling records and making a success out of it.

Exactly. If I worked on something for 7 years and promoted my ass off like Bach did, then scored a coop such as having Axl fuckin Rose on my album, I'd definitely think selling that little was bad news.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1445 on: November 28, 2007, 03:38:46 PM »

Denver Westwood.com

Mini Reviews

Published: November 29, 2007

Sebastian Bach, Angel Down (Caroline Records). This long-overdue slab of meathead metal from the former Skid Row singer sounds like it could easily be a totally forgettable record. It's not, though, because Bach somehow got his current BFF Axl Rose to sing on it, and the pair's duet on Aerosmith's "Back in the Saddle" is rock-and-roll ecstasy. ? Brandon Daviet

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1446 on: November 28, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »

It would have done a lot better if the distribution was better...

Yeah, that's quite possible.  It's just that in this day and age, so many lesser known rock bands/artists are getting pushed like they should.

And Jarmo ... I dunno if I've ever trusted the local paper for rock music reviews Smiley hehe.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1447 on: November 28, 2007, 08:24:16 PM »

And Jarmo ... I dunno if I've ever trusted the local paper for rock music reviews Smiley hehe.

I trust them as much as I trust your opinion.....  Grin

The "local" paper in this case is the most read newspaper/tabloid in this country.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1448 on: November 28, 2007, 08:26:13 PM »

It would have done a lot better if the distribution was better...

Yeah, that's quite possible.  It's just that in this day and age, so many lesser known rock bands/artists are getting pushed like they should.

From the corporate rock perspective, I suppose that's true.  From the MY-EARS-ARE-BEING-FILLED-WITH-CRAP! perspective, I'm afraid there's a strong moral stance to take against this.

The only review worth a damn is usually your own, in my experience.  Or a friend's, if you have like tastes.  Same with movies.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1449 on: November 28, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »

Disappointing sales figures, although to be expected considering that a lot of the people who wanted to buy the album couldn't find a store that had it in stock.  I went to the local record shop first and they didn't have it, then Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and none of them had it.  I finally ordered it online but I imagine a fair share of people who actually cared went to one store, they didn't have it and probably just ended up downloading it
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1450 on: November 28, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

Disappointing sales figures, although to be expected considering that a lot of the people who wanted to buy the album couldn't find a store that had it in stock.? I went to the local record shop first and they didn't have it, then Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and none of them had it.? I finally ordered it online but I imagine a fair share of people who actually cared went to one store, they didn't have it and probably just ended up downloading it
I was able to locate one of a very few copies at a Best Buy but I had to pay $13.99 for it.  Doesn't Best Buy usually sell new releases in the first week for $9.99?  Or have they done away with that?  Or is it only for select releases?  Like ones that the public would know about.  The last CD I bought was Serj Tankanian's about a month ago and that was at the reduced price.  I didn't notice any new releases at that price though, maybe they've done away with that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1451 on: November 28, 2007, 09:25:19 PM »

Has anyone even heard any of the songs off the CD on the radio after he did all the interviews? I know I haven't and that's a shame.

I haven't and I think it is strange too. He did an interview on a local radio station so I figured they would be playing some songs but haven't heard one yet.

I listen to the local rock stations here in NY during the week and in PA on the weekends and I haven't heard a thing since the Trunk interview. ?

He really needs to release a single and hope it gets some play. ?I wouldn't normally suggest a cover but I think "Back in the Saddle" could probably do fairly well. ?
"Back In The Saddle" probably would be the best way to introduce the album to the public.  Most people know that song already, and Axl is prominently featured on the track.  Not sure what happened to "Love Is A Bitchslap", I thought that was supposed to be the lead single.  It got airplay that first week or so it was released to the music stations, but I haven't heard it since.  I thought it was a solid song even without Axl, maybe they didn't get the reaction they were hoping for.  I think the 2 ballads would do the best in a public forum, garner the most interest.  But people who like those songs very well may not like ANY of the other songs on the album, as they are MUCH heavier.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1452 on: November 28, 2007, 10:06:11 PM »

Disappointing sales figures, although to be expected considering that a lot of the people who wanted to buy the album couldn't find a store that had it in stock.  I went to the local record shop first and they didn't have it, then Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and none of them had it.  I finally ordered it online but I imagine a fair share of people who actually cared went to one store, they didn't have it and probably just ended up downloading it
I was able to locate one of a very few copies at a Best Buy but I had to pay $13.99 for it.  Doesn't Best Buy usually sell new releases in the first week for $9.99?  Or have they done away with that?  Or is it only for select releases?  Like ones that the public would know about.  The last CD I bought was Serj Tankanian's about a month ago and that was at the reduced price.  I didn't notice any new releases at that price though, maybe they've done away with that.
Yesterday was the end of the first week.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1453 on: November 28, 2007, 11:08:03 PM »

From Metal Underground

Sebastian Bach Charts With "Angel Down"

posted Wednesday, November 28, 2007 at 03:50:45 PM by deathbringer.

Sebastian Bach tops next week's Billboard Heatseekers Chart with "Angel Down," his first solo album in eight years. "Angel Down" - produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Judas Priest) and featuring three tracks with Guns N Roses' Axl Rose on vocals - also lands at #27 on Billboard's Hard Rock chart, and enters the Top 200 Albums chart at #190. While it will be a week or so before all international sales figures are in, "Angel Down" debuted at #50 in Japan.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1454 on: November 29, 2007, 12:05:54 AM »

Disappointing sales figures, although to be expected considering that a lot of the people who wanted to buy the album couldn't find a store that had it in stock.? I went to the local record shop first and they didn't have it, then Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and none of them had it.? I finally ordered it online but I imagine a fair share of people who actually cared went to one store, they didn't have it and probably just ended up downloading it
I was able to locate one of a very few copies at a Best Buy but I had to pay $13.99 for it.? Doesn't Best Buy usually sell new releases in the first week for $9.99?? Or have they done away with that?? Or is it only for select releases?? Like ones that the public would know about.? The last CD I bought was Serj Tankanian's about a month ago and that was at the reduced price.? I didn't notice any new releases at that price though, maybe they've done away with that.
Yesterday was the end of the first week.
Yeah, I bought it a week ago on the day it was released (11/20).

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1455 on: November 29, 2007, 04:46:25 PM »

Ok. I just found the CD and purchased it today. And let me tell you, it was no easy task. I got it at another best buy near my work. They did not have it on any of the new release racks or at the end caps where they usually put that stuff. I went to the R&B section and it was behind Bachman Turner Overdrive, on the bottom shelf all the way in the back. And yes, it was $13.99. So, whatever promotion company Baz has hired to promote this CD sucks! Maybe they don't bother with promoting CD's anymore. I don't know but at least you would think the promotion company would work out a deal to put it on the "Just Released" racks for a few weeks at least.

I plan on listening on the way home from work. Should be able to get through all the tracks with no distractions and I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll even play it at my christmas party!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1456 on: December 01, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

I don't know if its a typical Xmas party cd! hahah

I just got this album from 2nd Spin, a local store and it kicks ass!  i was pleasantly surprised and its better than I expected that's for sure.  i dig By Your Side and the first 2 songs and of course the songs with Axl are cool..
lots of headbanging and screaming on this album, and i am happy that Bach finally got rewarded for all his work on this and it came finally came out!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #1457 on: December 03, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »

Cool my copy finally arrived, although i have had it on Mp3 since it was released, its nice to have it in my proper stereo at full quality, i can hear so much that ive missed, and its a fucking cool album, even the songs without Axl rock

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
badapple81
« Reply #1458 on: December 04, 2007, 03:20:34 AM »

Awesome rockin album.. much better than ever expected!! The songs with Axl are awesome!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1459 on: December 04, 2007, 03:21:35 AM »

I think it's an ok album.

But I will say, it sounds much better when it's very LOUD.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: