Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 230282 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1620 on: June 21, 2008, 04:53:02 AM »

Cool interview.

More people buy Angel Down. It's good stuff.
I second that, very good album

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1621 on: July 02, 2008, 09:01:29 PM »

Will Axl be on the next album??  An interview with Sebastian from his Myspace page...

Saturday, June 28, 2008

M4M: WELL NOW YOU AND AXL HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND HAVE COLLABORATED ON EACH OTHER'S
ALBUMS.

SEBASTIAN: HE SINGS THREE SONGS ON "ANGEL DOWN" WITH "LOVE IS A BITCH SLAP", "STUCK INSIDE", AND "BACK IN THE
SADDLE". HE HELPED OUT SKID ROW BACK IN THE OLD DAYS IN 1991 WHEN HE TOOK US OUT ON THE USE YOUR ILLUSION TOUR
AND NOW HE TOOK MY SOLO BAND OUT IN 2006-2007 AND TOOK US AROUND THE WORLD. I COULD NEVER EVER REPAY HIM FOR
HOW MUCH HE HAS HELPED ME OUT. THE FACT THAT EVERYONE WAS WAITING FOR HIM TO PUT OUT CHINESE DEMOCRACY AND
HE COMES OUT AND MAKES HIS RETURN ON SEBASTIAN BACH'S SOLO ALBUM. THINK OF HOW COOL THAT IS FOR US AS A BAND.
WE ARE REALLY PROUD OF THIS CD. WHEN WE PUT OUT THIS CD AND YOU STICK IT IN AND HEAR AXL ROSE SCREAMING AT THE
TOP OF HIS LUNGS. THAT IS KIND OF COOL TO HAVE!

M4M: OH MAN FOR SURE IT KICKS ASS!

SEBASTIAN: I HAVE ALREADY ASKED HIM ABOUT THE NEXT CD. YOU KNOW SOMETIMES I SEE THE COMMENTS ON THE INTERNET
LIKE BLABBERMOUTH AND ONE OF THE COMMENTS THAT I READ BECAUSE I AM WORKING WITH JAMEY JASTA OF HATEBREED FOR
THE NEXT ALBUM WAS "SEBASTIAN WILL NEVER TOP ANGEL DOWN" WHEN ARE PEOPLE GONNA LEARN THIS IS WHAT I FUCKING
DO? LIKE I AM NOT GOING TO TOP ANGEL DOWN OF COURSE I AM THIS IS WHAT I FUCKING DO!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=54524288&blogID=410106016

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1622 on: July 22, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »

According to this article about Baz, the song he sang on the album (Sorry) has been shelved.

http://blog.pennlive.com/go/2008/07/bas_and_axl_perfect_together.html

Was there an interview with Baz recently that said the song was not going to be on the album anymore?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1623 on: July 22, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »

According to this article about Baz, the song he sang on the album (Sorry) has been shelved.

http://blog.pennlive.com/go/2008/07/bas_and_axl_perfect_together.html

Was there an interview with Baz recently that said the song was not going to be on the album anymore?

naah, all he has said was "sorry i don't know when it comes out" and i think that got misinterpreted
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1624 on: July 22, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

classic case of poor writing...sounds like to me the author thinks the album has been shelved

anyway goes to show you how much the average person knows about this band...god! you think the journalist would at least know about the tentative release date of march 2007 for fuck sakes!  rant

Roll Eyes  hihi

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1625 on: July 22, 2008, 09:42:13 PM »

WTF? Shelved? WHY? Cry crying

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1626 on: July 22, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »

It isn't shelved, it's a misquote.  That interview is old and Bach has said many a time since then that he's on Chinese Democracy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1627 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:06 PM »

^^I agree it's a misquote...from this interview:

Rose invited Bach to experiment further as a duet, as Rose continued with the 14-years-and-still-counting crafting of his "Chinese Democracy" album. They did a tune called "Sorry," which has been shelved for now - or, as Bach puts it with a chuckle, " 'Sorry,' as in, 'Sorry, I don't know when it's coming out.'"

http://www.pjstar.com/entertainment/x1816440410/Bach-rolling-along-with-or-without-Axl

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1628 on: April 24, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »

Roy Z was interviewed on KK Downing's website:

More recently you produced Sebastian Bach?s ?Angel Down,? where Axl Rose sang on few tracks. How did Axl end up making a guest appearance on the record? Of course we have heard the stories of his sometimes erratic behavior. From your point of view was he hard or easy to get along with?

Sebastian is the one that set that all up, the recordings with Axl on "Angel Down" were magic. He was nothing but a gentleman and a pro. Axl has such a unique and versatile voice. I hope to work with him again some day.

http://kkdowning.net/interviews/royz.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1629 on: April 26, 2009, 11:43:22 AM »

I still love this CD and the tracks Axl is on

I wish CD had a Love is A BitchSlap type fun rock song on it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: