Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:35:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)  (Read 68250 times)
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 09:46:02 PM »

Slash didn't say he didn't like ballads ... he's never said that.  When they were doing Appetite, he didn't want something like SCOM on because he didn't feel it, at the time, fit with the flow.  Don't Cry was a finished song at that point too ... if you recall, there's a demo running around ... in fact, about 3 or 4 demos, and they're from that era ... But they didn't put that on the album, as it would have not flowed well with the rest of the album and the current feel of the band overall.

I can see his point ... tho, in hindsight, SCOM turned out amazing... I think Slash just resented it from the perspective I have said.  That is totally acceptable... it is partly his band and his opinion was valid.  In recent years, he's clearly said he doesn't have a problem with the song anymore and didn't for many years now.

So I don't really see why it's that big a deal.  He does, in the book, say that the song came together as a non serious creation.  That, surely, is enough.  Slash doesn't have to write word for word what people expect him to.

I mean ... I'm not applying this just to Slash ... Axl shouldn't have to say what he's expected to say either... and while I'm not going to talk about specific incidents, so I don't take it off topic, no one in the past or current band has to say what we think they should say.  By saying the song was a mess around and not saying any more, he wasn't lying in the slightest.  I think that one's been blown out of proportion.

Also ... please show me where he said he didn't wanna record Patience and Don't Cry... I don't even think I've ever seen or heard him say not wanting to do November Rain either... I know he didn't love the songs ... but I dunno ... I can't recall him specifically saying he didn't ever want to record them.

The Axl's house thing ... while it was a fucking stupid thing to do ... I don't think it matters too much ... because he came clean on that ... and in all honesty ... I hate to sound once again like the Slash defence ... but I do believe that he didn't say shit about the guys he's in a band with.  Beta is, in my opinion, the most likely person to lie.  I'm not gonna dwell on it ... Slash was an idiot for saying he didn't go to the house ... and in my opinion, it's a MASSIVE shame he even spoke to Beta ... I wish he'd spoken to Axl.  Like Matt Sorum, Steven Adler, Izzy... he could have chatted and just chilled out with Axl.  In fact ... after a little bit of awkwardness, I reckon they'd probably sit down ... talk about shit... and have a few drinks ....

He FIRED Matt Sorum ... Steve Adler ... Izzy left because he hated Axl's antics ... and since we all love Izzy here (right?) and he's publicly stated that his main reasons for leaving were Axl's seeming lack of respect for the fans by going on late or not at all ... costing the band hundreds of thousands etc ... and the fact that ... and I wont quote specifics ... becuase I can't be bothered to find it ... but ... he said "Axl tried to cut his percentages... so he made less money" ... Of course, he was sick of the fact that members were on drugs etc too and I am 100% aware of that ... but many many times he's stated that his biggest problem was Axl ...

Ok ... SO ... regardless of the rest ... since Izzy gets on with Axl now, and he's said all that stuff ... surely if Axl and Slash had, on that fateful day when Slash saw Beta, met up and sat down ... they'd probably be on speaking terms now.

Jeez, this just hurt my fingers! Cheesy lol

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »

Slash didn't say he didn't like ballads ... he's never said that.? When they were doing Appetite, he didn't want something like SCOM on because he didn't feel it, at the time, fit with the flow.? Don't Cry was a finished song at that point too ... if you recall, there's a demo running around ... in fact, about 3 or 4 demos, and they're from that era ... But they didn't put that on the album, as it would have not flowed well with the rest of the album and the current feel of the band overall.

I can see his point ... tho, in hindsight, SCOM turned out amazing... I think Slash just resented it from the perspective I have said.? That is totally acceptable... it is partly his band and his opinion was valid.? In recent years, he's clearly said he doesn't have a problem with the song anymore and didn't for many years now.

So I don't really see why it's that big a deal.? He does, in the book, say that the song came together as a non serious creation.? That, surely, is enough.? Slash doesn't have to write word for word what people expect him to.

I mean ... I'm not applying this just to Slash ... Axl shouldn't have to say what he's expected to say either... and while I'm not going to talk about specific incidents, so I don't take it off topic, no one in the past or current band has to say what we think they should say.? By saying the song was a mess around and not saying any more, he wasn't lying in the slightest.? I think that one's been blown out of proportion.

Also ... please show me where he said he didn't wanna record Patience and Don't Cry... I don't even think I've ever seen or heard him say not wanting to do November Rain either... I know he didn't love the songs ... but I dunno ... I can't recall him specifically saying he didn't ever want to record them.

The Axl's house thing ... while it was a fucking stupid thing to do ... I don't think it matters too much ... because he came clean on that ... and in all honesty ... I hate to sound once again like the Slash defence ... but I do believe that he didn't say shit about the guys he's in a band with.? Beta is, in my opinion, the most likely person to lie.? I'm not gonna dwell on it ... Slash was an idiot for saying he didn't go to the house ... and in my opinion, it's a MASSIVE shame he even spoke to Beta ... I wish he'd spoken to Axl.? Like Matt Sorum, Steven Adler, Izzy... he could have chatted and just chilled out with Axl.? In fact ... after a little bit of awkwardness, I reckon they'd probably sit down ... talk about shit... and have a few drinks ....

He FIRED Matt Sorum ... Steve Adler ... Izzy left because he hated Axl's antics ... and since we all love Izzy here (right?) and he's publicly stated that his main reasons for leaving were Axl's seeming lack of respect for the fans by going on late or not at all ... costing the band hundreds of thousands etc ... and the fact that ... and I wont quote specifics ... becuase I can't be bothered to find it ... but ... he said "Axl tried to cut his percentages... so he made less money" ... Of course, he was sick of the fact that members were on drugs etc too and I am 100% aware of that ... but many many times he's stated that his biggest problem was Axl ...

Ok ... SO ... regardless of the rest ... since Izzy gets on with Axl now, and he's said all that stuff ... surely if Axl and Slash had, on that fateful day when Slash saw Beta, met up and sat down ... they'd probably be on speaking terms now.

Jeez, this just hurt my fingers! Cheesy lol
This should be enough:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b49_v52OGNg
Albany rant , 2002

Heres the Transcript:

"Now I was uh, perusing. I was reading all about my integrity, 'cause that's what I'm known for I guess - selling out my integrity. That's why I'm here with you tonight because I just don't give a fuck I guess. Yeah, that's why we worked real hard at this. That's why these guys worked real hard at being in a band that they can get abused for "because they're the guys in the way of stopping the old band from getting together." That's horseshit.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out, but, you know, I was thinking about it. I'm pretty blunt so people get real pissed. And I haven't done a lot of talking on this tour. I'll shut up real soon don't worry. You know, I've tried acting nice and that just ends up fucking me right up the ass. They take advantage of that. "Well, you see Axl said something nice, so how can we use that to our advantage?" ... The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business right? But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied to. You've been used. You've been manipulated so that they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck. I don't care. That's their business, but they shouldn't really do it at your expense or mine.

Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it , and the next person will say "'Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." .. I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can "suck my dick!"

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'." .. Axl Rose, Albany 2002.

Note: I just copied what gunns1 said here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49384.1560

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 10:05:13 PM »

Slash was probably wasted at some points during the past.  I can understand some of the errors, he probably can't remember some details.  Hell, I can't even remember last night.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »

Beta is, in my opinion, the most likely person to lie. 

This is yet another of your totally clueless statements that you seem to have a habit of making.

You know nothing about her and yet somehow you come to this conclusion. Even after knowing damn well that one guy has admitted to lying about the incident.

Is it based on the "she works for Axl so she must lie" idea?

No matter how hard you try to portray yourself as objective ("I've said nice things about GN'R"), you still defend Slash. Maybe you don't even try to, maybe it just happens automatically. I don't know.

You say the thing doesn't even matter much to you, but you're quick to point fingers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »

Slash was probably wasted at some points during the past.? I can understand some of the errors, he probably can't remember some details.? Hell, I can't even remember last night.

At some points?HuhHuh?  There are YEARS that the guy can't remember.  I am not going to say he lied intentionally in the book because I don't believe that to be true.  But I think knowing that he was bombed and high for most of the time he was writing about would have prompted him to have better fact checking done before the book went to publish.  I don't care that it's a memoir, it still should be correct!
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 11:31:58 PM »

Jarmo...

I'm not having an argument with you.  PM me if you want that discussion.  Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 11:50:51 PM »

And I need to have 2 threads about the errors in slash's book, WHY?

Man you must realy hate that man (even though you been to MANY VR concerts). Well, I Like listening to VR songs and reading slash's book, 'Cause Lord knows Axl sure hasn't officially put anything out for us to Read, watch or listen to.

And everyone knows it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 11:54:24 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 12:05:46 AM »

In Jarmo's defence, as much as we argue ... this thread has kind of been hijacked.  He did state it wasn't a discussion thread and was just pointing errors.  I don't agree with all of them in the context that he's said ... but that's not the issue.

smokinGun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 01:08:15 AM »

So.. that makes you the loser again then Cheesy I love this game!

That makes you banned. Still love the game?

I didn't call a you a loser. I said according to people like you, commenting on the errors in Slash's book makes one a loser.

Anyway, fuck off with your game.

/jarmo

did you really ban that dude for thinking youre a loser? because i mean, i think it's kinda lame for someone to feel the need to analyze and point out each and every slight error in the book...i mean really, who cares?..but i dont think thats grounds for you to ban me from the site. that just shows me that you've got self esteem issues or something.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 01:16:41 AM »

So.. that makes you the loser again then Cheesy I love this game!

That makes you banned. Still love the game?

I didn't call a you a loser. I said according to people like you, commenting on the errors in Slash's book makes one a loser.

Anyway, fuck off with your game.

/jarmo

did you really ban that dude for thinking youre a loser? because i mean, i think it's kinda lame for someone to feel the need to analyze and point out each and every slight error in the book...i mean really, who cares?..but i dont think thats grounds for you to ban me from the site. that just shows me that you've got self esteem issues or something.

It shows that I don't put up with people bringing that shit here.

I have no obligation to be nice to people who try to insult me because they don't agree with the simple fact that I want people to know the facts about GN'R's past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ksks10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 03:30:57 AM »

damn jarmo you are a nerd

is this really jarmo, if so  rofl
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 04:21:08 AM »

is this really jarmo, if so  rofl

Why  rofl?

What gives you the right to judge people by a single picture?
Do you have a pair of x-ray eyes so you can see the personality of someone by looking at a pic?

It is so easy to write such a dumbass post, isn't it?

I don't know if this is pic is showing Jarmo or not, and to be honest I don't care.
And I will tell you why I don't care.
This site is up for a decade now, so he must have done something right.
He could be either the guy from the pic or a 150kg-chinese-guy, it won't change a thing.
ksks10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 08:33:38 AM »

ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 08:37:33 AM »

ok

lets see your picture, stud.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »

He also stated they played a Show at the Nassau Colliseum in Uniondale NJ..Nassau Colliseum is in Uniondale NY. It's a venue on Long Island..
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »

You are considering hiring him for one of your butt movies ?

GNR forever !!
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 08:54:47 AM »

He also stated they played a Show at the Nassau Colliseum in Uniondale NJ..Nassau Colliseum is in Uniondale NY. It's a venue on Long Island..
Slash is such a liar. hihi

GNR forever !!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »

You guys attacking Jarmo are the fucking losers. It's all safe and sound behind your screen, huh ?

And he's fucking you right back by not removing this picture. That's balls, wich obviously you don't have.

Regarding the thread : if I want to read and learn about GN'R's past I want 100% correct facts. Not something full of mistakes. So yeah, thankx Jarmo for pointing them out.

For Christ sake, the guy can't remember the year he got married ? Did he read the book before he agreed for it to be printed ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
ksks10
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 09:10:31 AM »

hmmmmm, jim bob, in GNR community known as one of the most primitive figures....pssssst...be quiet
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 09:13:24 AM »

hmmmmm, jim bob, in GNR community known as one of the most primitive figures....pssssst...be quiet

haha. yea.  now go back to mygnr where you came from and if you don't like this board, leave it alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: