Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Errors in Slash's book (list only, discussion in the other thread)  (Read 67622 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »

I love how magically we got a bunch of newbie trolls on this board.  Seriously, go back to your romper room, people.  We actually LIKE GNR on this board and realize that it is no longer 1988.

For Christ sake, the guy can't remember the year he got married ? Did he read the book before he agreed for it to be printed ?

Obviously him reading it wouldn't be enough but someone was a real slacker with the fact checking. 
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »

I love how magically we got a bunch of newbie trolls on this board.? Seriously, go back to your romper room, people.? We actually LIKE GNR on this board and realize that it is no longer 1988.
I hope you're not referring to me, check out my registration date...
As Jarmo says sometimes, some members only post when they have something to say...

As far not being in 1988 anymore, well... I'm not really into AFD anymore but I know that some people still listen to it and even perform those songs at shows. hihi

GNR forever !!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »

I love how magically we got a bunch of newbie trolls on this board.? Seriously, go back to your romper room, people.? We actually LIKE GNR on this board and realize that it is no longer 1988.
I hope you're not referring to me, check out my registration date...
As Jarmo says sometimes, some members only post when they have something to say...

As far not being in 1988 anymore, well... I'm not really into AFD anymore but I know that some people still listen to it and even perform those songs at shows. hihi

I wasn't referring to you, it's pretty clear by the posts on the previous page who I was referring to. 

It just seems to me that some people join this board or others to cause drama and couldn't really care less about Slash or GNR.  GNR has been going through lineup changes pretty much since they started so I really don't see why all of a sudden it has become this big issue. 

Slash and Duff have recently been grasping at straws to gain attention to themselves and if anyone cannot see how sad it all really is then I don't know what to tell them. 
Kangaroo Friend
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 10:12:47 AM »

In the book Slash says he wrote Locomotive with Izzy.  I'd always thought that song was strictly a Slash/Rose composition. 
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »

In the book Slash says he wrote Locomotive with Izzy.  I'd always thought that song was strictly a Slash/Rose composition. 

If you're refering to liner notes in the album Sleve, it also states that the Lead guitar on Double Talking Jive was played by Izzy but it's so obviously Slash (and in interviews that's also confirmed).

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2007, 10:47:51 AM »

Does he mean they wrote the vocal melody?
liner notes aren't trustful?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2007, 12:04:25 PM »

Not meaning to be rude or anything, but it seems more like you're making a big deal out of the minor factual innaccuracies to give off the impression that Slash is a liar.

No, I have pointed out the things that I think makes him a liar in other threads. This has nothing to do with that or any personal opinion about Slash.

Think about it, if this book didn't have the name Slash as the author, many of you would be doing the same.

These are factual errors in his book that I noticed.

I'm just interested in providing the most accurate history of past events as possible.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 12:26:05 PM »

Slash does look very bad when it comes to going to Axl's house.

Its like your Girlfriend being told u were at some other chick's house and u lie and say, FUCK NO, I never went over there. Then all of a sudden the new girl says she fucked u and u keep saying u didnt go over there at all.

Then out of the blue u say "Well I went over there but nothing happened"

If u lied about not going over there, then u are probably lying about not saying shit either.

Doesnt matter to me though, Slash is still my hero but I honestly believe he said every bit of that about his bandmates and at the time maybe it was true.

ONly thing that makes me think Slash didnt say that is, Why would he tell Beta all that stuff? I could see if he talked to Axl in person and told Axl that. I just can't see him relaying all that to Beta.

Tell Axl that Scott is a Fraud, Duff is Spineless etc and that he is the stronger.......

That doesn't make much sense but I do lean towards Axl being correct when he said Slash lies a lot. Cause judging by Slash's book, Morales and honesty isn't at the top of his list judging on some things he did.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 12:54:44 PM »

Page 448 "After I had a one-on-one with Matt, I had one with Kirschner and then Duff and Scott."

<--- Dave Kushner - VR band member

<--- Harry Kirschner - NOT a VR band member

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »

GNR has been going through lineup changes pretty much since they started so I really don't see why all of a sudden it has become this big issue.?
Sure.

That's probably why Axl got tattoos with the different GNR line-ups on his body.

Whatever you say Bandita.

GNR forever !!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

GNR has been going through lineup changes pretty much since they started so I really don't see why all of a sudden it has become this big issue. 
Sure.

That's probably why Axl got tattoos with the different GNR line-ups on his body.

Whatever you say Bandita.

Yeah, and nobody else has ever gotten a tattoo of somebody else or somebody else's name (who was in their life at the time) tattooed, only to break up or drift apart later?

Oh, and by the way, Slash has the Snakepit logo tattooed on his shoulder....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2007, 02:35:55 PM »

Fuck this thread is ridiculous. I mean, the only useful post is the first one + the ones with the corrections. Nobody's really saying Slash's a liar, they're just pointing out the mistakes. For example; why would Slash even lie he got married 1991 or that they played two shows in Inglewood instead of four..? What'd be the fucking point!? Stop it with your shit and bashing other people, I find this thread useful. And for those who're bashing Slash for these mistakes, he's really not the only one who's done it.

Please, stay on topic.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

For Christ sake, the guy can't remember the year he got married ? Did he read the book before he agreed for it to be printed ?
.?

Obviously him reading it wouldn't be enough but someone was a real slacker with the fact checking.?

not that i care, but you have been registered on this board just over 1 year...i could care less, but that makes you pretty new....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »

on topic.

the st loius incident, and slash's version of event's it doesn't match up with what you see on the pro shot.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2007, 06:25:58 PM »

on topic.

the st loius incident, and slash's version of event's it doesn't match up with what you see on the pro shot.

i didnt get up to that part yet. what did he say? i have the pro shot so im curious what he had to say....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2007, 09:46:37 PM »

Sure it does

If u watch u can see the band behind the stage as if they are about to try and come back out and play, but so much pandemonium is going on they cant.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2007, 10:31:37 PM »

Sure it does

If u watch u can see the band behind the stage as if they are about to try and come back out and play, but so much pandemonium is going on they cant.

they wanted to go back on and they planned on going back on. they waited around for a while to go back on. i remember an interview way back where duff and slash said they wanted to go back on. plus, fyi, axl punched the WRONG guy..... i am not up to that part in slashs book yet, so i dont know what he said...

[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 01:06:25 PM »

I'm just interested in providing the most accurate history of past events as possible.

/jarmo

Dude... do you really think this book was meant to be a full accurate history of GNR facts? It's not like he wrote down every single fuckin' word he said or things he did....  no no That's just wierd, man, writting how you dislike the character, yet find time to study his own book page-after-page ...  Huh

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 01:17:53 PM »

Dude... do you really think this book was meant to be a full accurate history of GNR facts? It's not like he wrote down every single fuckin' word he said or things he did....  no no That's just wierd, man, writting how you dislike the character, yet find time to study his own book page-after-page ...  Huh

Dude!

No I didn't it was gonna be accurate, but it was promoted as setting the record straight. So in that sense you can say I'm helping him!

yes

"It has a lot of answers to a lot of Guns N' Roses questions that relate to myself that a lot of people been asking, which is the whole point of of the whole thing, the reason I wrote it. And then it's got some interesting sort of sidelines, side stories too, stuff that's common knowledge but they don't know the details. You know, we seem to generate so much brouhaha that it's been really excessive. I never thought in a million years that I would have to sit down and write a book. That's how much talk there has been going on over the last few years."

- Slash
RRFC Las Vegas 2007

If I only read and studied things that interested me, I wouldn't have had to spend all those years in school.....

I could tell you a thing or two about weird stuff, but that's another story.

/jarmo

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 01:49:34 AM »

Slash didn't say he didn't like ballads ... he's never said that.  When they were doing Appetite, he didn't want something like SCOM on because he didn't feel it, at the time, fit with the flow.  Don't Cry was a finished song at that point too ... if you recall, there's a demo running around ... in fact, about 3 or 4 demos, and they're from that era ... But they didn't put that on the album, as it would have not flowed well with the rest of the album and the current feel of the band overall.

I can see his point ... tho, in hindsight, SCOM turned out amazing... I think Slash just resented it from the perspective I have said.  That is totally acceptable... it is partly his band and his opinion was valid.  In recent years, he's clearly said he doesn't have a problem with the song anymore and didn't for many years now.

So I don't really see why it's that big a deal.  He does, in the book, say that the song came together as a non serious creation.  That, surely, is enough.  Slash doesn't have to write word for word what people expect him to.

I mean ... I'm not applying this just to Slash ... Axl shouldn't have to say what he's expected to say either... and while I'm not going to talk about specific incidents, so I don't take it off topic, no one in the past or current band has to say what we think they should say.  By saying the song was a mess around and not saying any more, he wasn't lying in the slightest.  I think that one's been blown out of proportion.

Also ... please show me where he said he didn't wanna record Patience and Don't Cry... I don't even think I've ever seen or heard him say not wanting to do November Rain either... I know he didn't love the songs ... but I dunno ... I can't recall him specifically saying he didn't ever want to record them.

The Axl's house thing ... while it was a fucking stupid thing to do ... I don't think it matters too much ... because he came clean on that ... and in all honesty ... I hate to sound once again like the Slash defence ... but I do believe that he didn't say shit about the guys he's in a band with.  Beta is, in my opinion, the most likely person to lie.  I'm not gonna dwell on it ... Slash was an idiot for saying he didn't go to the house ... and in my opinion, it's a MASSIVE shame he even spoke to Beta ... I wish he'd spoken to Axl.  Like Matt Sorum, Steven Adler, Izzy... he could have chatted and just chilled out with Axl.  In fact ... after a little bit of awkwardness, I reckon they'd probably sit down ... talk about shit... and have a few drinks ....

He FIRED Matt Sorum ... Steve Adler ... Izzy left because he hated Axl's antics ... and since we all love Izzy here (right?) and he's publicly stated that his main reasons for leaving were Axl's seeming lack of respect for the fans by going on late or not at all ... costing the band hundreds of thousands etc ... and the fact that ... and I wont quote specifics ... becuase I can't be bothered to find it ... but ... he said "Axl tried to cut his percentages... so he made less money" ... Of course, he was sick of the fact that members were on drugs etc too and I am 100% aware of that ... but many many times he's stated that his biggest problem was Axl ...

Ok ... SO ... regardless of the rest ... since Izzy gets on with Axl now, and he's said all that stuff ... surely if Axl and Slash had, on that fateful day when Slash saw Beta, met up and sat down ... they'd probably be on speaking terms now.

Jeez, this just hurt my fingers! Cheesy lol
This should be enough:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b49_v52OGNg
Albany rant , 2002

Heres the Transcript:

"Now I was uh, perusing. I was reading all about my integrity, 'cause that's what I'm known for I guess - selling out my integrity. That's why I'm here with you tonight because I just don't give a fuck I guess. Yeah, that's why we worked real hard at this. That's why these guys worked real hard at being in a band that they can get abused for "because they're the guys in the way of stopping the old band from getting together." That's horseshit.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out, but, you know, I was thinking about it. I'm pretty blunt so people get real pissed. And I haven't done a lot of talking on this tour. I'll shut up real soon don't worry. You know, I've tried acting nice and that just ends up fucking me right up the ass. They take advantage of that. "Well, you see Axl said something nice, so how can we use that to our advantage?" ... The truth is they didn't want to be here for you at this level and they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business right? But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied to. You've been used. You've been manipulated so that they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck. I don't care. That's their business, but they shouldn't really do it at your expense or mine.

Now as soon as I say this it'll be on an MP3, someone will transcribe it , and the next person will say "'Can you believe Axl said that? I mean my god. I mean he hasn't put out a record. I don't know why he would say that. I mean who does he think he is? That's not very nice. The other guys, they have gotten over it and they're his friend now and they're willing to be his friend and he just needs to grow up." .. I'm sorry. I'm a little bit more blunt. I mean, Slash may sound like a De La Hoya, but he's the fucking Vargas. That's just how it is. And just because you've got a bunch of guys agreeing doesn't mean shit. The truth is that they're a bunch of bad cops and I'm the fuckin Serpico and they can "suck my dick!"

"You know without Axl and Slash we wouldn't have November Rain and Estranged" .. Well you don't know what the fuck I went through to get that guy to play those songs. You don't know about the argument we had at A&M studios, because Duff and Slash came to me going "We're not gonna do that song Axl, we're not gonna do this song, no, no, we're just not gonna do it." .. But I wanna do it. We'll do it right now. This song is called 'patience'." .. Axl Rose, Albany 2002.

Note: I just copied what gunns1 said here: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49384.1560

I'm sorry, but how does that rant by Axl prove anything?  In your mind Slash is capable of lying but Axl isn't?  I've never heard anyone else involved with the band say that Slash didn't want to do Patience, Estranged and / or November Rain.  I never heard anyone say that about Duff either.

Just because Axl says something doesn't make it true.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's false.  Maybe it is, who the hell knows.  I'd just like some factual evidence rather than something Axl said at a concert.  After all he said at many concerts "Chinese Democracy will be out later this year" and I still can't find it in stores.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: